[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we adapt Star Wars the RPG to D&D 5e rules? That shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 17muj7eay12g3jpg.jpg (320 KB, 700x697) Image search: [Google]
17muj7eay12g3jpg.jpg
320 KB, 700x697
Can we adapt Star Wars the RPG to D&D 5e rules?

That shit needs to be simplified a ton.
>>
>>44503393
Illl be honest I only tapped this thread to look at Bastillas tits

Doesn't Edge of The Empire exist?
>>
>>44503393
I don't think bastilla was that stacked in the game.
>>
>>44503393
Just play FFGSWRPG
>>
D20 a shit. It's pretty much "Play a Jedi or don't play at all"

WEG d6 or FFG is where it's at.
>>
>Cramming things that have nothing to do with D&D into D20
Entirely pointless

Just play Edge of the Empire or try running Star Wars with GURPS or Fate.
>>
>>44503488
I'd run it in Strike!
>>
>>44503437
Her tits looked pretty big in her basic robes
>>
>>44503454
Or you know. Either all is force sensitive or no one is. It works either. Just don't mix. Much better than PF
>>
>>44503393
somebody tried to homebrew a Star Wars 5e game but they abandoned it awhile ago and it looked pretty meh to be honest
>>
>>44503604
Yeah. SAGA does a pretty decent job, especially compared to the original d20 system.
>>
>>44503393
>Can I run <not D&D> in D&D?

No. Fuck off, you're the reason this hobby is dying.
>>
Just use d6 Star Wars.

http://d6holocron.com/downloads/books/REUP.pdf
>>
>>44503604
>just have everyone play Wizards
I suppose it qualifies as a solution.
>>
What's better, EoTE or d6?
>>
>>44503393
Saga edition is good as is.
>>
>>44504744
To be a force user in Saga it's a matter of two feats, and everyone gets a ton of feats.
It's to be taken less as a class system and more as a point-buy with big blocks.
>>
>>44506020
I like them both. I lean towards suggesting d6 because the dice mechanics are more immediately familiar and there's an almost overwhelming amount of official and unofficial material for it.
>>
>>44506827
Which is easiest to run?
>>
>>44503454
Considering the best build in the entire game does not involve the jedi class at all, nah.

Though you will play with a group of human characters if your group is min maxing.
>>
>>44506875
Seeing as one is an ffg abomination, d6.
>>
>>44504533
What is this, 2005?
>>
>>44503393
Just go to d6holocron and download the REUP edition of D6 Star Wars.
>>
>>44506044
This, and I don't know where that whole "just play jedi because all other classes suck" thing started. I've been playing with three groups of four to five people already, with only one or two jedis per group and there was nothing gamebreaking about them as long as you don't let the players minmax.
>>
>>44503393
I'm going to echo what everyone else in this thread has been saying: there are many superior systems that are custom tailored to star-wars, from the crunchy, to the fluffy.

Furthermore, of all the editions of D&D you coult try and turn into SW, 5e is one of the poorest choices. 5e is one of the most "specialized for a specific sort of game" systems that I've seen. Even within the purview of D&D games, 5e is specialized to specific styles of fantasy games (small adventurers big world sandbox>protagonist driven narativism.) 5e's hard to take out of its "still D&D but a different kind of D&D" comfort zone, much less an entirely different genre.

5e might be one of the most popular games on the market, but make no mistake, it's hyper-specialized. You'd have as hard a time trying to run a DUNE campaign using MAID.
>>
>>44504374
>original d20 system.
There was the WEG system at the beginning, you know.
>>
>>44507618
I think a lot of that is because people assume "d20=bad".
Star Wars had a d20 edition and a revision before Saga. Those were turds. Saga came out in the year between 3.5 and 4e and yet has a lot of original bits of design that make it quite different from the usual d20 schlock.
>>
In D6 Star wars, why are you allowed to make melee attacks AND defend melee attacks using the lightsaber skill, where as for other people using a sword you need to use Melee Combat skill for attack and Melee Parry for defense?

That's broken as fuck. Making people who want to use other weapons pay for an extra skill.

Someone explain this shit.
>>
File: 1451216369072.png (1 MB, 900x1389) Image search: [Google]
1451216369072.png
1 MB, 900x1389
>>44504744
Force Sensitive =/= D&D wizard

Anyone can be force sensitive, hell, Leia was. Having a non-force sensitive in a force-sensitive party requires them to either buff up to mary sue levels, or be pushed aside.

In D&D terms, it would be like giving everyone regardless of class a couple free levels in wizard. There would be no reason to not take it.

There are exceptions, mainly if you're playing a bounty hunter or droid, but it's just easier on yourself and better for the party if you go all or none.
>>
>>44509547
Also, why have a Lightsaber skill at all? Why not just lump it together with Melee Combat?

Hand a Jedi a sword, he'll use it just as well as a lightsaber.
>>
>>44509726
And hand a swordsman a lightsaber, he can probably use it decently.
>>
>>44509819
Fuck it, I'm merging Lightsabers, Melee Combat, and Melee Parry into one skill. Bitches can specialize in what they want.
>>
>>44507618
>>44509008
Just also wanted to add that the worst offender as far as min maxing is Noble, not Jedi.

You have to take pretty specific powers or play specific races to be terrifying as jedi, noble can be run balls to the walls insane at level 1 with all but handful of races.
>>
>>44503540
Stop shilling Strike!
>>
>>44509726
>>44509819
>>44509906
You would probably shit yourself when you realize that lightsaber combat is only allowed to a few characters in the FFG game and requires a skill that you can not start the game with, unless the gm allows it.
>>
>>44503393
Would you play a KOTOR RPG where you were Zayne Carrick?
>>
>>44503393
>Can we adapt Star Wars the RPG to D&D 5e rules?
Play Star Wars SAGA or WEG SW.
>>
>>44509906
Honestly, if anything I'd personally just do that, with the caveat that they have to spend a few minutes/an hour(whatever works) giving the lightsaber a few "practice swings" to get used to there being literally zero weight on the blade itself.

Not a huge change really though.
>>
>>44512072
>Play WEG
>Only Jedi use lightsabers because Force
>Any Jedi can do it in any way they choose
>Can merge Force powers to use in tandem with Force power required for lightsabers.

I never liked that FFG split the various saber styles into classes. That was wrong.
>>
>>44503488
Fate's GREAT for Star Wars.

Have The Force be a skill, and have it only be used to Create an Advantage (and sometimes Overcome). Which means using it more like Luke in the OT, to grab something or leap, and less like the codified videogame stuff.

Anything more advanced or specific or for offensive use would be down to stunts. Lightning, choke, whatever your favorite specific power that extends beyond the broader, mystical, Original Trilogy woo-woo the skill covers.
>>
>>44503393
>simplified a ton
>D&D 5e rules

5/7 you got me to reply.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.