[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Imperium is fighting Chaos for control of a world >the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 35
File: ork boss.jpg (183 KB, 748x1069) Image search: [Google]
ork boss.jpg
183 KB, 748x1069
>The Imperium is fighting Chaos for control of a world
>the war is hard and has started to devolve into a war of attrition
>suddenly, orbital strikes start bombarding both Imperial and Chaos positions
>new signals are picked up all around the planet
>divisions on both sides stop reporting in
>as more and more of these strange projectiles hit the surface, ferocious howls fill the air and an endless horde of green monsters appears
>Boss Bigdik's WAAAGH! has arrived
>shit just got real
Why is it never like this, /tg/?
>>
>>44502728
Because, generally speaking, Chaos>Orks.

Seriously though, orks are setting's comic relief race, while Chaos is always deadpan serious. You don't escalate conflict with serious opponent using comic relief, that just doesn't work.
>>
>>44502762
>maintaining the integrity of the wargame with the shittiest lore
>>
Considering how often, "Imperials are fighting orks, Eldar/Chaos use this as a chance to strike" plot has been done, this would be a welcomed subversion
>>
>>44502728
Cause it's not even 100% canon if orks have dicks or not
>>
>>44502762

>Ghazghkull
>>
File: 1451510099532.jpg (13 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1451510099532.jpg
13 KB, 496x499
Orks are an npc race
>>
>>44502762
>while Chaos is always deadpan serious
I want you to think long and hard about what you just said.
>>
>>44502935
>tfw he steals dicks that are large from fallen foes, not knowing what they are outside of being "dem big diks"

Like little killy stiks
>>
>>44502958
I want you to remember what a "generalisation" is.
>>
>>44502762
Gallows humour
>>
>>44503012
The excuse of a person without imagination.
>>
>>44502728
Assuming Exterminatus doesn't get issued right afterwards, it wouldn't and shouldn't happen because Gee Dubs wouldn't do it justice.
>>
File: 1450865532186.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450865532186.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>44502819
>wargame with the shittiest lore
>>
>>44502953
Boring and a secondary villain. Orks bring nothing to the table. Imo, any Ork related fluff is boring as hell. No intrigue, no philosophical themes, no mystery, no nothing except "HURR DAKKA DAKKA:.

Who wants to write that crap?
>>
File: 1450779536872.gif (2 MB, 269x321) Image search: [Google]
1450779536872.gif
2 MB, 269x321
>>44503381
>intrigue
>philosophical themes
>mistery
>>
>>44503544
Things the Orks cannot provide and thus cannot be a compelling main villain.

There is a reason why there is little Ork material in BL. Nobody wants to write about a race of retards.
>>
>>44503591
>implying any other race in the game explores such theme with any level of depth
I don't see how Orks are less interesting than mopey humans with pointy ears or evil demonic humans.
>>
File: maka laugh.gif (610 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
maka laugh.gif
610 KB, 460x259
>>44503591
>BL
>>
File: yes yes YES.jpg (175 KB, 933x356) Image search: [Google]
yes yes YES.jpg
175 KB, 933x356
>>44502728
>Imperium fighting Chaos
>both sides have brought all they can bring to this fight - Sisters of battle, Space Marines, Titans, Imperial Guard, the Lost and the Damned, mutants, Chaos Space Marines, daemons, daemon engines and Chaos Titans
>Orks suddenly attack
>Necrons rise up from underneath the planet
>Genestealer cult on the fringes calls a Tyranid fleet to the planet
>Eldar come to get some ancient relic and flaunt how superior they are
>Dark Eldar come to get slaves and flay all inferior to them
>Tau are there too somehow
>>
>>44502762
How can Orks be comic relief if they're the biggest and the strongest? That's scary.
>>
Tyranids and Crons can do that maybe, Orks can't.

Warhammer Fantasy (rip) had roughly this kind of threat ranking
OHSHIT

Daemons
WoC

This is bad

Vampires
Dark Elves

Depends on the season

Skaven
Tomb Kings

Just another day's work

Greenskins
WoC (marauders only)
Ogres
Beastmen

40k is pretty similar with Chaos at the top. Tyranids and crons follow but Dark Eldar aren't as bad as Dark Elves.
>>
>>44503624
I don't see how you don't see that. Orks a shit. They are a one note faction of "SMASH AND DAKKA".

It's like comparing Frieza to Brolly. Frieza will always be the most interesting villain.
>>
>>44503678
Welcome to dawn of war.
>>
File: soulstorm.jpg (26 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
soulstorm.jpg
26 KB, 460x215
>>44503678
Brilliant.
>>
>>44503718
But that would only be true if the other "villains" were complex, which they aren't. What's so deep and interesting about Chaos? They're just evil dicks.
>>
File: 1447600994407.png (93 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1447600994407.png
93 KB, 360x360
>>44503718
>DBZ
No wonder you have such shittaste
>>
>>44503591
But the Purging of Kallidus. Ghazghkull nearly beat the Dark Angels because he had access to teleporter technology they had no idea he had.
>>
>>44502728
Because both factions have space-fleets on station scanning for intruders. There are also space-scanners scanning for intruders.
>>
>>44503778
The other villains are complex. They don't smash stuff for the sake of smashing stuff, they have complex objective and desires and they pursue them with complex and varied methods.

Chaos is nature of man and his sins reflected back at him. Makes for an interesting theme and opens a way for a lot of complexity. Orks are just a shitty race that's programmed to just smash stuff. In the contest of complexity, the Orks lose by default. There is no arguing that.
>>
File: Orks - Blood Axes v Evil Sunz.jpg (503 KB, 1280x1955) Image search: [Google]
Orks - Blood Axes v Evil Sunz.jpg
503 KB, 1280x1955
Because most of the time
>Imperium and Chaos have superior ships that would intercept Orks in orbit
>Imperium and Chaos have superior tactics and communication, so it's easier for them to encircle, counter attack or defend against Orks just rushing to the biggest battle
>Imperium and Chaos can bring in reinforcements, Chaos even more so with Deamons, Orks at most get random warbands looking for a fight
>even if the Orks win, they will most likely loot everything and just fuck off, while Imperium and Chaos will try to retake the planet
But something like this would be great if the two sides are only PDF suppressing a minor Chaos cultist uprising
>>
>>44504005
>>44503381

This is what happens when GW removes the fun from the setting, and replaces it with grimderp for millennial kids
>>
File: wrong.jpg (28 KB, 329x244) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
28 KB, 329x244
>>44504005
>The other villains are complex.
And there goes your credibility.
>>
>>44503680
Because I literally don't even consider Orks to be a valid threat. I give the LGS' Ork Player a 500 point handicap on a fairly regular basis, and he still never wins. It's pretty sad actually.

Heck, to most people Orks are pretty much just a joke. Only good for the fun you get from insisting that the Ork player HAS TO shout WAAAGH!!! in order to call a WAAAGH!!!.
>>
>>44504069
But Orks were made for fighting and winning, anon. How can they fight and win if they aren't a threat?
>>
>>44504036
The fun is still here. It's just that nobody appreciates the Orks all the time. Their brand of humour gets old really fast.

Only the battles involving the Tyranids are more boring that Ork battles fluff. Both of these factions are MEH incarnate.
>>
>>44504111
than Ork*
>>
>>44504111
>has never watched a game where valiant orks defended their coast from hordes of tyranid monstrous creatures with kanz, dreads, gorkamorkanauts, mega and meka dreads and a stompa. 5000 point game, 30 models a side. We called it orksific rim.

why even live?
>>
File: 1417409910159.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1417409910159.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1333
>>44504034
Some of that is true, but I'm going to argue about a few points:

>Imperium and Chaos have superior ships that would intercept Orks in orbit

Not necessarily so - Ork kroozers often have far too much in the way of firepower, and the Roks they often reach the surface on are hard to shoot down. And a Space Hulk would definitely give the Orks an advantage in space.

>Imperium and Chaos can bring in reinforcements

That's true, but Orks are constantly dropping spores (which could lead to future reinforcements, and just make the Orks tough to beat down), and a big fight tends to attract Orks from all around. Warbands are drawn to them, not just happen to drop by. The bigger the fight, the more Orks that come.

And whether or not the Imperium and Chaos can get reinforcements can be fickle too. The Imperium might be reluctant to throw more troops into a losing battle, or might not be able to spare any, and the forces of Chaos can be fickle.

>Even if the Orks win, they will most likely just loot everything and fuck off

Orks have built fairly stable empires before, and enslaved humans to work in factories to produce tons of wargear for them so they're ready for the next planet to they got fight on. They have to build all their stuff somewhere, right? It's not all scavenging.
>>
>>44502728
Not every Ork is Ghazghkull or The Beast. It'd be nice to see that though.
>>
File: 1433888911553.png (69 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
1433888911553.png
69 KB, 622x626
>>44503381
>>44503591
>>44503718
>>44504005
>>44504069
>>
>>44503718
>Frieza
He ain't much. Despite being the overlord he is, he lacks the brains of various other villains. Cell could manipulate, Super Buu is crazy smart but Frieza?
>>
>>44504069
Crunch=/=Fluff, faggot.
>>
>>44504263

>Orks have built fairly stable empires before,

The Ork codex says that Ork realms are short lived which is why they don't hold much territory compared to other races.,
>>
>>44504299
Frieza is a stylish villain.

It's about the personality and demeanour with him.
>>
>>44504344
Short lived in a setting wherein tens of thousands of years is the norm. Ork civilizations probably last anywhere from 1-20 years before falling apart, depending on how much the author at hand respects ork fluff and if they aren't just using orks as a generic punching bag villain like most authors do.
>>
File: Ultramarines - Marines v Orks.jpg (925 KB, 2400x1350) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarines - Marines v Orks.jpg
925 KB, 2400x1350
>>44504263
That's why I used most of the time m8. I agree with all of your points, but I'm sure that you can safely say that my point stands like 80% of the time.
>Orks have built fairly stable empires before
As far as I understood, this was a thing a few editions ago. Nowadays they just loot whatever they can and fuck off. Smarter Orks might decide to go the extra step and actually use the various resources, factories, slaves, etc. the planet offers, but in the end they will still fuck off once the planet is useless in short term.
>>
>>44504368
But that's it. He has his presence but not too much else. Cell had to earn his shit. He knew when to run, how to get Vegeta to allow him to absorb 18, etc. He only got overconfident when he became perfect. Cell's a villain we get to see grow in power. He's like how Kefka in FF6 wasn't always super-strong but got stronger as time went on.
>>
>>44504005
MAIM! KILL! BURN! MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOODGOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULLTHRONE!

Not everyone on Chaos is that interesting, certain characters aside.
>>
>>44504443
>using the shittest ork codex to date for your ork fluff

Oh. No wonder you hate them.
>>
>>44502935
They don't. They reproduce with spores, like mushrooms or jellyfish. Hack one up and you spread a load of it's spores everywhere, which will develop into gretchens after a hundred years or so.
>>
>>44504584
I hear that burning them works fine.
>>
>>44504263
"Fairly stable empires" that revolve around trade using "teef" pulled from their own skulls.

As for enslaving humans for work, I doubt humans can offer any ingenuity to the Ork design, let alone much of a workforce without proper food and.. well, without the Emperor's protection..

Also, another problem you'd immediately face is the likelihood of getting regarded as 'too tainted to exist' by the Space marine death squad that comes to.. rescue you.

But regardless of anything, while generally disorganized, Orks are quite determined, if not destined, to survive.
>>
>>44504600
Burning works. Presumably disintigration would also.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>44504507
>certain characters aside
SNAKE? SNAAAAAAKE!

OUR ENEMY HIDES IN CARDBOARD BAWKSES! THE COWARD! THE SNEAK!

WE SHOULD TAKE AWAY THEIR CARDBOARD BAWKSES!

LIIIIIQUID!
>>
>>44504608
>Also, another problem you'd immediately face is the likelihood of getting regarded as 'too tainted to exist' by the Space marine death squad that comes to.. rescue you

Just better hope that is's the salamanders who come to bust you outta ork prison, not the marines malevolent.
>>
>>44504615
The Nids eat spores too I think.
>>
Because it goes Orks, Eldar, Chaos. First they bulk or the campaign with Orks, then the Eldar show up like spooky ninjas, then warn about the greater that and Chaos kool-aid mans its way through the wall.

Every time.
>>
>>44504507
>cowardly Guardsman finds solace with the whispers in his head that help him
>badass soldier searches for greater and greater challenge
>weak boy prays for the power to get revenge
>Khornate marine trying to stay focused and not succumb to mindless berserkery while still worshiping Khorne
Chaos is all about the start of corruption and walking the path. If it would be only about the end result, everything can be simple and bland
>mindless berserker
>suicide to achieve a new sensation
>rotting peacefully while not giving a fuck anymore
>losing yourself in schemes

>>44504564
I don't even hate Orks and nothing in my posts even hints that. So fuck you too.
>hurr durr I'm going to argue about the lore but only using my headcanon
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 364x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 364x428
>>44503381
>>
>>44504674
Where do the Necrons, Tyranids & Squats fit in?
>>
File: disdain.jpg (234 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
234 KB, 450x450
>>44504584
>mfw orks can't even rape their victims
>>
>>44504737
>mfw DEldar can't have vanilla missionary sex while holding hands for the sole purpose of procreation
>>
>>44504759
Oh my gosh, that's why their babies come from tubes!
>>
I could probably list ten or so instances of this exact thing happening but instead ill point out my favorite one: salamanders omnibus book 1. For every faggot who wants their race to be da best there is a writer who wants the same thing, problem is you just suck on tabletop.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks the fact orks can regenerate from their greenblood a bit boring?
I'd prefer it if they just get their corpses left unattented and unburned they can reproduce soon enough.
Because you could just fucking throw orks at terra and Gretchins could grow in places unexpected around it and slowly orks could reproduce there couldn't they?
>>
>>44504507
you described one half of the khorne characters. Which compromise 1/4th of the gods. Even math proves you wrong
>>
File: I hope da Nob notices me.png (344 KB, 655x603) Image search: [Google]
I hope da Nob notices me.png
344 KB, 655x603
>>44504443
>As far as I understood, this was a thing a few editions ago.

Well, just flicking through the first several fluff pages of the current codex, we have:

>Amid constant, seething tides of war and bloodshed, burgeoning Ork empires rise and fall. Mercifully most are short-lived, soon destroying themselves in a maelstrom of violence, but should the Orks ever truly unify, they would crush all opposition.

>From pirate enclaves to system-spanning empires, Ork holdings are as varied as they are steeped in violence. When they invade a planet or a star system, greenskins bring with them a belligerent ecosystem that overwhelms each conquered world as surely as the Orks themselves crush its defenders.

>There are numerous Ork empires, each spreading across the galaxy like a noxious green stain, and no system is entirely devoid of their touch.

>page describing empires of Dregruk and Gathrog, Charadon, and Calverna

>map marking "primary Ork enclaves" as huge chunks of green scattered all over the galaxy
>>
>>44504802
the purpose of the spores in writing is that so isolated imperial worlds will have a minor-ish threat to fight (feral orks) beacause they dont know about the spores, or dont know how/cant get rid of them.
>>
>>44504802
It's sort of both. The Orks' biology makes them harder to kill but also so that in fighting, you help them reproduce. When you cut them and especially kill them, not only is survival of the fittest (or strongest in this case) active but cause more spores to be released. The more you chainsword an Ork in half, the more the spores spread. I can only wonder how Khorne & Slaanesh feel about this.
>>
>>44504877
khorne is canonically at least 30 percent ork. he looks like an ork. This is coming from a chaos fag with id say 2500 points of khorne.

Slaanesh probably hates orks mostly though, no grace or perfection or appreciation for things, their only excess is violence which may help slaanesh but helps khorne more in the long run
>>
People standing up for my Greenskin, /tg/ you have such honor.
>>
>>44504802

>Gorkamorka: Da Uvver Book

>As an Orkoid grows older, it sheds more spores. When an Orkoid dies, its body becomes a rich source of nutrition for its own surviving spores, and old Orkoids desert their communities to seek out the dank, shaded spots which favour breeding before they finally succumb to old age. It should be noted that the Orks, the largest and longest-lived species, rarely survive to more than thirty Terran years, although exceptional and powerful individuals live longer than lower ranking ones.

>If you have not already deduced this for yourself, this evidence means that one Orkoid, just a single spore in fact, could theoretically populate a planet given sufficient conditions and time. While we are fully aware of the threat left by Genestealers and Tyranids long after they have been cleansed, little did we suspect the Orkoids posed a similar danger. Spores can quite easily drift onto spaceships and be transported from system to system, and who knows, perhaps somewhere on Mars or Terra itself those spores are replicating as we speak! Funditus Damnator!
>>
>>44504955
>Khorne looks like an Ork
>Gork & Mork have already won

But the Orks reproduce the most through fighting. By fighting them, you help them fuck. The Orks have received reproductive aid from all their enemies. This sounds like some twisted Magical Realm.
>>
I just want a game where you start as a feral ork tribe on an agg world and have to get off planet and conqer the system. You level up your war boss by having a tougher ork krump him till hes the biggest. Resource management becomes an odd issue as you try to keep your orks from wasting shit.
>>
>>44505031
Will it be alike Dwarf Fortress but with Orks?
>>
>>44504992
slaanesh is not in any way about sex. Sex happens to be a sensational experience for people until they get used to it. But nothing about it is intrinsically slaanesh.

But now that I thought about it im wrong. Slaanesh would totally feed off speed kults as they redline their engines to overheating and they probably have some other excessive activities that arent violent
>>
>>44505031
Trust me when I say something like that is a lot fucking harder then it seems. But the pay off always sounds amazing.
>>
>>44504823
>>44504507
Reading is hard, I know, bust just try it once more. With the emphasis on "not everyone, aside from certain characters". For every well written, quite sympathetic character on the side of Chaos, there will also be a mindless idiot, barely smarter than a feral ork. It really depends on the author.
>>
>>44505217
I would just want it to be text/menu based not actual figting going on
>>
>>44505238
Not sure if your the same anon, but that's what I figured was being required anyway. it is still a major pain in ass to code all that.
>>
File: ez.png (11 KB, 326x245) Image search: [Google]
ez.png
11 KB, 326x245
>>44505226
thats every faction in all fiction ever
>>
>>44505269
one dude made chapter master before he got assassinated by gw an it seems more impressive than orklord quest
>>
>>44502728
Because orks don't use orbital bombardment, but waaghs do encounter and crush minor conflicts along the way
>>
>>44505368
Duke, He wasn't assassinated but he had to give it up. Somebody's now working on whatever the new title is with a mod from some anon's.
>>
>>44505419
Orks use orbital bombardments, they just tend to be on the same worlds when the bombardments happen, using them as artillery fire. Ghaz is known for having his ships pull down space debris to rain down on battlefields that he is fighting in.

Heck, in that new(-ish) campaign book, Sanctus reach, they built a tractor beam on planet to pull the moon into said planet.
>>
>>44505419
>literally land on planets by bombarding it with meteors
>>
File: lyf is short.jpg (146 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
lyf is short.jpg
146 KB, 720x1280
>>44505429
>still being worked on

My new years resolution was to kill myself with a leaf blower until I read this
>>
File: readingmek.jpg (201 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
readingmek.jpg
201 KB, 1024x768
>977.M41 WAAAGH! PLANETSMASHA
>Deathskulls Big Mek Fragrak da Planetsmasha vows he will surpass all other Deathskulls by looting an entire world, jerry-rigging a combination of traktor beams, ramships and city-sized rokkit boosters to push the third moon of Taurabrax out of its orbit, directly onto a collision course with its parent world. The resultant catastrophe renders all life on the thriving Imperial hive world extinct, fracturing continents, boiling the oceans off into space and burning away the world’s atmosphere, finally reducing Taurabrax to a drifting debris field. Satisfied with his work, Big Mek Planetsmasha takes his pick of the choicest of these asteroids, adding thrusters, forcefields and ordnance arrays to turn them into a fleet of roks with which to spread even more mayhem across the system.

>979.M41 GRABORK’S BIG GUN
>Big Mek Grabork and his mob of Meks salvage the space hulk Perpetual Misery from the depths of the void. Acting on instinct, Grabork and his Boyz set about pulling it apart and putting it back together into a new configuration, linking up dozens of ship reactors and cannibalizing hundreds of macro cannons to create a gargantuan shokk attack gun. Eager to try out his new weapon, the Big Mek attacks the world of Fratarn, raining petrified snotlings down upon the planet from orbit. However, when the snotlings run out, Grabork starts hurling Orks into the machine. Not liking the way things are going, one of Grabork’s Meks turns the gun into reverse, sucking the entire world up into the Perpetual Misery. The resulting explosion obliterates the hulk and planet, and creates an asteroid field a billion miles across.
>>
File: raven guard vs tau.jpg (610 KB, 2081x1263) Image search: [Google]
raven guard vs tau.jpg
610 KB, 2081x1263
>>44505530
wait the gun shot orks???
>>
>>44505526
I'd link it but you never know where the filthy Spies are lurking. All that will be said is its not hard to find whoses working on it now, and jesus chist the coding he has to clean up. Lol.
>>
>>44505530
>Not liking the way things are going, one of Grabork’s Meks turns the gun into reverse, sucking the entire world up into the Perpetual Misery

Somebody give that ork a fucking Clan
>>
>>44505623
Yes. Shokk attack guns are guns that teleport whatever you load it with into whatever you aim it at. Usually, it's loaded with snotlings and grots, so that they panic and claw their way out of the torso or skull of whatever unlucky guardsman is on the recieving end of such a weapon, though there's nothing stopping a mek from loading his shokk attack gun with grenades, small rocks, or scrap metal.

It's kind of like the Rokk-It-Launcher from fallout 3, but it teleports its ammunition rather than actually shooting it.
>>
File: 077.jpg (619 KB, 1182x1622) Image search: [Google]
077.jpg
619 KB, 1182x1622
>>44505623
Shokk attack guns operate by firing Snotlings through a tunnel in warpspace so they emerge directly in the enemy ranks, or ideally, literally inside the enemy. Larger beings like Orks can be used as ammunition in this way (one of the possible in-game results is the Mek gunner accidentally firing himself) but most would never go in of their own free will.
>>
>>44505488
>>44505489
Rok striking is different than calm presition fire OP suggests, It is aren't the surprise ambush threat because they tend to be very up front and not bother with it.
>>
>>44506435
the only 'accuracy' that OP presented was "hitting positions" considering it's a planetary war, those positions are fairly large areas, and orks ride meteors into the planets as their dropships, that's how they get there, orbital bombardments are slightly less well aimed than that, meaning they just throw rocks at the planets and hope for the best. And truthfully, not many orks would even keep their own radio silence in doing something like this, they would be hooting and hollering as they came from a system away, taunting both sides as they come in for the fight.
>>
>>44506701
Dese Orkz are sum propa kunnin' gitz.
>>
>>44506739
>the surfaces of all of the roks are entirely purple
>>
>>44506701
>suddenly, orbital strikes start bombarding both Imperial and Chaos positions
>new signals are picked up all around the planet
>divisions on both sides stop reporting in
>as more and more of these strange projectiles hit the surface, ferocious howls fill the air and an endless horde of green monsters appears

It suggests some stealth and accuracy. And the reason orks orks Aren't the ambushing faction is because as you said, they wouldn't do that, he'll they'd probably message the defending faction so they would have more enemies to fight

Orks also lack the endgame threat of chaos tyranids or necrons
>>
>>44503591
>little ork material
I guess The beast and the second + third war for Armageddon were never written about then.
>>
File: 7th-orkmap.jpg (2 MB, 1490x1110) Image search: [Google]
7th-orkmap.jpg
2 MB, 1490x1110
>>44506820
Their endgame is gathering under one banner, which is something Ghaz is actively doing, plus there are other large ork empires doing the same sort of thing, and if they were to forge alliances, if any number of these empires started to band together, they would multiply in threat levels.
>>
File: End Times (Orks).png (3 MB, 3196x1540) Image search: [Google]
End Times (Orks).png
3 MB, 3196x1540
>>44506998
>>44506820
Lucky for you guys that I collected the End Time plotlines of the Ork faction.
>>
>>44503712
I'd put beastmen under depends on the season.
>>
>>44506998
>>44507054
Its still less terrifiyinh than LITERAL DEMONS THAT TSIST THE WORLD YOU ARE STANDING UPON AND BEND REALITY WITH AWHIM , UNSTOPABBLE UNKILLABLE MURDERBOTS FROM THE DASN OF TIME, and AN UNENDING TIDE OF KILLER BUGS FROM SPACE THAT HAVE EVOLVED JUST TO EAT YOU, Leo waaghs are scary, but not as cataclistimc as those three
>>
>>44503591
You... Do know that BL is in the middle of doing a 13 book long saga about orks right now, right? The Beast series of books started a month ago, and isn't slated to end until next year.
>>
>>44507150
Not really, no.
>>
>>44507150
>LITERAL
They themselves are metaphors

>UNSTOPABBLE UNKILLABLE
They can be both stopped, and killed.

>UNENDING TIDE
They are running out of food, so they come here to eat, they are not unending, they are starving.
>>
Anyone who doesnt think DEFF SKWADRON is one of the best pieces of 40K fiction is a faggot of the highest calibre
>>
>>44507181
Go on then, how is the generic warlike barbarian a more terrifiying proposition than that?
>>
>>44505429
>he had to give it up
That's generally what happens when you start accepting money for your IP violation.
>>
>>44507363
I think a better question is, if there is all this shit which is supposedly so much worse all over the place, how do Orkz still exist?

The fact that the "generic warlike barbarians" still live, and, in fact, thrive in the galaxy is proof enough that they are themselves really fucking dangerous. Or that these "swoopor big trets" to the galaxy really aren't all that bad.

Now pls go.
>>
>>44507150
>LITERAL DEMONS THAT TSIST THE WORLD YOU ARE STANDING UPON AND BEND REALITY WITH AWHIM
Demons are just boring. They don't feel intimidating or dangerous in the slightest because the sense of boredom they evoke just overpowers all else. At least 40K Orks are kinda original with the whole hooligan angle, daemons are just the same shit you've seen a million times before.

>UNSTOPABBLE UNKILLABLE MURDERBOTS FROM THE DASN OF TIME
I would agree if these were Oldcrons, but most Newcrons aren't really unstoppable terminators anymore. A lot of their warlords just wanna conquer stuff now and behave even more silly than the Orks, which kinda harms the intimidating factor.
>>
>>44507363
i should point out that there is an ork klan that has captured tyranids and releases them onto planets they are about to fight, so that they have something else fun to fight along with the current enemy. Their spacehulk is infested with ravangers and other things like that, that they keep just for fun.
>>
>>44504005
>Chaos is nature of man and his sins reflected back at him

I've always thought this was such a hot load of garbage considering you can be corrupted by Chaos for things like having the audacity to want a better life for you and your fellow man without any conscious decision to actually serve Chaos. If everyone who fell to Chaos did so to better themselves at the expense of others? Sure. If everyone who fell to Chaos made a conscious and knowing decision to do so? Okay. Fuck you if you think evil space magic from Hell deceiving and corrupting people is somehow an examination of the darkness that lies in the hearts of all men or fucking whatever.
>>
>>44507232
He is kinda right though, regarding the faction win condition and the threat level.
Chaos is the biggest threat, they only have to kill the Emperor to destroy reality itself.
Then it's Necrons and Tyranids, who can literally steamroll the galaxy.
Then it's the Imperium and Orks who will fuck everyone up, but they have to do it the "normal" way.
If Ynnead also fixes their rebirth problem, Eldar are on the same level as the previous two, otherwise it will take them a little longer to conquer the galaxy.
>Tau
>threat
>>
>>44507458
It in the Lore, orks are resilient, they are very dangerous and have. A primal cunning , an instinctive knowledge of war that make them great adversaries, are simply big and strong not the otherworldly threats they stand against,they are strong but like the imperium, they know only war something the other threats transcend. but the threats I mentioned , their big eng game strategy is making a proper entry, >>44507476
Agree about newcrons

If you disagree with me (which you do) I can somewhat understand why. But they really are a far more relatable , and basic threat
>>
>>44507595
>yfw Gork&Mork are real and the go find Tuska in the Warp and have a proper fight against Chaos

Now that would be some shit.
>>
>>44507579
'Sides, it's useless for that. The Imperium already offers an excellent example of the depravity of man and it does so without any supernatural bullshit.
>>
>>44507740
>yfw Gork and Mork save the universe by stomping the Chaos gods just when Abaddon is on the cusp of victory
>>
>>44507797
I wonder why they would though.

>Malal pisses Gork n' Mork off so much they decide they want to kill him even more than eachother, and rampage through the warp to find him, while Malal hides and lets them destroy Chaos until he is the only thing left

Then they krump him good.
>>
>>44507740
>>44507797

A while ago somebody on /tg/ wrote out a small story about how ghaz gathered all the orks, then led them all to armageddon, took it then headed right into the eye of terror to join up with Gork and Mork and then take the fight directly at chaos. I wish i saved it cause it was real fun.
>>
File: ulZMgJ2.jpg (124 KB, 524x388) Image search: [Google]
ulZMgJ2.jpg
124 KB, 524x388
>>44507766
Not to mention it just confuses the entire thing even more. You have this faction that's supposed to represent the inherent greed and selfishness of humanity, and standing against it you have a faction that resists this with total devotion to an ideal. Then you decide to make both factions more interesting internally by putting people who are selfless and giving in the first and people who aren't devoted to the ideal and are just selfish and greedy in the second.
>>
File: swarm1.jpg (28 KB, 385x109) Image search: [Google]
swarm1.jpg
28 KB, 385x109
>>44507561
Source is 7th edition Ork codex:

>THE WYRM-KILLA TRIBE
>When Waaagh! Bork rampaged out of the Ghoul Stars and into the Eastern Fringe, the Wyrm-Killa tribe came with them. Festooned with alien trophies and covered in scars, this Snakebite tribe earned their name killing Tyranids. Runtherds tell tales of how the tribe were hunting through the jungles of some remote world when they came across a great fleshy spore encased in glistening amber. Dragging it back to the Ork fleet, they cracked it open and hundreds of clawed, serpentine Tyranids spilled out. The Snakebites hunted the creatures, taking great pleasure in the fact that they seemed to grow rapidly, and no sooner had you bashed one than another one appeared from a vent or drain. Before long the Ork kroozer was infested, and most of the other tribes on board were killed, only the Snakebites surviving in the weird Tyranid jungle their ship had become. By the time the infested kroozer drifted into a system, the Snakebites had finally killed most of the Tyranids on board, having learnt the best ways to crack them open and smash them up. Covered in Tyranid trophies and using alien claws and talons as weapons, they joined up with other Orks, calling themselves the Wyrm-Killa tribe. Having had so much fun hunting the Tyranids in space, the tribe had kept some alive and released them on the first world they came to. While the rest of the Orks bashed the human inhabitants the Wyrm-Killas made sure the Tyranids had time to multiply, so they would make good hunting. By the time the Orks had torn apart the humans they found themselves overrun by Tyranids, and gleefully turned their attentions to this new foe. Since then the Wyrm-Killas have spread Tyranids to dozens of worlds so they can have a good fight wherever they go.
>>
>>44507911
Chaos is really boring when you think about it.
>>
>>44505211
>they probably have some other excessive activities that arent violent

Squig eating contests:

>All Squigs are edible, but some Squigs are specifically bred as a food source. Gretchin are responsible for cooking the Squigs, though Orks will eat raw Squig if a cook cannot be found. The rarest form of these are referred to as Juicy Squigs and require a special type of Gretchin cook. Orks reserve the eating of Face-Eating Squigs for special contests and other celebratory occasions.
>>
>>44509343
No, it's really interesting when you think about it, but it's presented in boring ways.
>>
>>44502956

i want to run an all ork game of rogue trader where the orks ork it up in ork society and get big enough to launch their own waaagh
>>
>>44507595

in the long run, they could be the biggest threat of all. They can not only recruit aliens to the greater good, humans are also susceptible.
>>
File: HORSECOCK.jpg (210 KB, 788x609) Image search: [Google]
HORSECOCK.jpg
210 KB, 788x609
>>44502969
>tfw he steals dicks that are large from fallen foes, not knowing what they are outside of being "dem big diks"
>>
>>44506998
>that clear area around macragge
boys in blue know how to get things done
>>
>>44503381
>what are Tyranids
>>
>>44505623
Woah.
I just saw the real painting of that yesterday
>>
Everybody responding to this threat who didnt read every single Dan Abnett novel is complete utter trash.

Good night.
>>
>>44513228
But there is no in the long run in 40k.
>recruiting humans and Xenos
You do realize Chaos can corrupt you by just glancing at certain sigils? Or that Tyranids can take over a planet in a few years without invading it? Or that mind controlling Xenos and Warp entities exist?
>>
>>44504110
>How can they fight and win if they aren't a threat?

They can't and they don't.
>>
>>44505419
>Orks don't use orbit bombardments

I'll take "what are Roks?" For 500.

Also, they also use them as droppods.

And bases when they land

And diversions

And as giant middle fingers to commissar Yarrick because fuck you
>>
>>44517069
But Orkz was made for fighting. Why would they be incapable of fighting if they were made for it? That does not make sense.
>>
>The Imperium is fighting Chaos
>the war is hard and has started to devolve into a war of attrition

>a war of attrition
>against the forces of the concept of attrition
>>
>>44506760
>Imperium has picked up signals from a drone sent out 14000 years ago
>only orks
>it's actually a Rok the size of a few sectory, but completely purple, so no one will see it coming

>>44507797
>Abbadon at the peak of his power
>stands before the golden throne
>just a few cutodes left, Big E still a skeleton
>Abbadon making his way, ready to deliver the killing blow to the Emperor
>WE'Z GUNNA KRUMP DA SPIKY GITS! WAAAGH!!!
>Gork and Mork crash into the palace on a looted Leman Russ (the Primarch, not the tank)
>CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 702x511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 702x511
>>44502762
>Chaos is always deadpan serious
>>
>>44502728
No. That's not how you do it.
> The Imperium is fighting Orks for control of a world
> the war is hard and has started to devolve into a war of attrition
> Suddenly Chaos secret plot, it was them all along!
> SM confront Chaos lord. It's fucking showdown!
> "Wait, I'm sure we forget about someth..."
> Fuckton of orks out of nowhere submerge and separate the SM and SMC that try to not be blown away by the greentide.
> Big boss is pissed he has been ignored for so long. Maybe make a speech about who the fuck care about their fucking feud or their convoluted master plan.
> chaos lord is mad that he cannot get to the SM that are just fucking there.
> SM and SMC angrily fighting in parallel, knowing that they need the others not to die too quickly to divert part of the ork.
> Everyone plans out of the windows, macguffins forgotten somewhere underneath something green.
> Only war.
>>
>>44518601
The fact that they were _made_ for something doesn't mean that they were _made well_.
>>
>>44509343
No, GW's current writers are really boring if you think about it.

Making a force of infinite aspects and agendas predictable means that the writer has fucked up.
>>
What would happen if Orkz looted a C'tan?
>>
>>44520827
It would quickly shut down their psychic-based bullshit technology and proceed to either wipe out the greenskins nearby, or be beaten to death with the bare hands of a giant, green tidal wave.
>>
File: DaGoal'Ere.jpg (364 KB, 746x600) Image search: [Google]
DaGoal'Ere.jpg
364 KB, 746x600
>>44520827
Take a guess
>>
>>44520827
Depends on the C'tan shard. I like to think that the tribe paints skulls on their face and call themselves Spooky Boyz.
>>
>>44520862
That's some impressive dakka
>>
>>44520827
No doubt it depends on the shard these days, some would surely go with it for a laugh.
>>
>>44520827
A sleeping C'tan can be used as a power source?

An awakened C'tan shard would wreck all nearby Orks until it kills them, gets bored and leaves, or it gets destroyed.
>>
>>44507363
Cuz orkz are made for fightin and winnin.
There was an ork warboss that lead his WAAGH!! to the eye of terror. He is still there, having the time of his life.
>>
>>44520763
Tell that to the several planets/space marine warbands/chaos warbands/Forge worlds that the orks krumped.
>>
>>44504261
TOO FOIGHT DA GRIBBLIES WE MADE GRIBBLIES OV AR OWN!
>>
>>44505065
Fookin' 'ilarious!
>>
>>44514603
Ain't it simple ya, deyz know how ta get fings dun coz deyz der lookiest.
>>
>>44520922
but it still ain't enuff.
>>
>>44507863
>Malal
You mean Belakor
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 800x640
>>44522863
Comparing Malal to baby's first heavy handed schemer
>>
>>44513228
If their A.I. doesn't get them chaos will, those other races with them? Humans? All of them susceptible to chaos, many alien races died when chaos manifested among them.
>>
>>44502728

But this happens all the time. Orks just don't give a fuck and they're the most numerous species in the known galaxy, they even outnumber nids.

I mean look at the Octarius war. Entire planets were lost to the nids and turned into more nids. What do they Orks do? They figure it's a good scrap and call in more klans.
>>
>>44504344

That's the thing about orks, they don't need to be long lived. Orks grow through conflict. Literally. In physical size. They NEED war. If there's no war, they'll create a war. They'll split up into factions and fight each other.

The scariest part about orks is not that they're organized, it's that they can land in almost any environment and thrive. From scrap they create deadly weapons, vehicles and even space ships.

It should tell you enough that the nids have to use trickery, deception, assassins and ambushes against orks while they just run over most imperial opposition.
>>
>>44522930
You're right, Be'lakor is way better than Malal.
>>
File: 1407991230741.jpg (77 KB, 775x1523) Image search: [Google]
1407991230741.jpg
77 KB, 775x1523
I hope no one saw that
>>44502762
You are cancer, a living shitpost.
The only thing you can aspire to do is pass in your sleep before the crippling depression takes hold and you gain the courage to end your own life.
>>
>>44502762
>chaos
>serious

MATAAAAAAAL BAWKSESSSSS
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.