[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is cards against Humanity the worst thing to happen to card/board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 14
Is cards against Humanity the worst thing to happen to card/board games?
>>
I dunno about worst, but it's certainly pretty bad.
>>
It's the game you play with people who don't play games.

Having tried other board/card games with genuinely stupid people/people who just never bother to care, CAH is great for groups who don't really want to think too hard or do anything but make silly jokes.

Most times, we don't even really bother counting how many black cards you've won, and we use the "pitch a black card you won in order to mulligan your hand" frequently, just to keep things fresh.
>>
It's a great game to play with people who actually fucking know what their doing. Unfortunately most people who play this game have 9-gag tier senses of humor.
>>
Played it yesterday (localized version, English jokes would be lost to some), it feels very much like Munchkin - the jokes are only fun once.
Well, maybe except for the dead children ones - those never get old.
>>
CAH isn't anything special, positively or negatively. It's a simple, light party game good for having fun with friends who all enjoy that particular style of humour. It's been well marketed and supported, which is why a lot of people love it, and I don't object to a round of it every now and again.
>>
>>44501270
>It's the game you play with people who don't play games.
I'd clarify that slightly more and say it's the game you play when you're not in the mood to play games.

My friends and I are well versed in the ways of the /tg/, but every once in a while (particularly while drinking) it's fun to just shoot the shit and make dick jokes.

If you're playing with people who have shitty humor though it's pretty bad.
>>
>>44501229
That's not how you spell best
>>
Is baiting the worst thing to happen to /tg/?
>>
>>44501229

Yes, it's very problematic.
>>
I Host a weekly board game night.
I used CAH at first to sucker people into coming.

A few months in I had them making up character in 15 minutes for 1 shot RPGs and were enjoying it.

This week we're playing Betrayal on the house on the hill.

CAH isn''t awful. Its just more of a party game. I still bust it out if Im hosting a party.
And I'd rather play CAH than Settlers of Catan or Munchkin.

Fuck those two games.
>>
>>44501229
Clearly, ___________ is the worst thing to happen to ___________
>>
>>44501474

Munchkin I can understand, but why Settlers? It's a really solid light eurogame. I can see it not appealing to those who like eurogames, or those who prefer the more hardcore angle, but I don't think you can really call it a bad game.
>>
>>44501229
Family plays it every christmas. We get blasted on wine and all 12 of us play and have fun. Especially when we all get to find out just how racist grandma is and can be.
>>
It's a fun party game with some really dud pop culture and stale political cards that gets old after a few playthroughs. It has a similar problem to Munchkin in that once you play a few games you pretty much know how everything is going to go down.

It can be salvaged, but it requires some work on your end. Removing any black cards that require 3 white cards is a start, and depending on your group I'd even consider removing any that need 2 white cards. Then go through the white cards and remove any that your group doesn't find funny or doesn't understand. After those are purged, have your group start adding their own custom cards into the mix. When you play a few games with these customs mixed in, go back and purge any that didn't end up working.

Honestly though you could skip that bullshit and play One Thousand Blank White Cards, which is superior in almost every way.
>>
>>44501491

*don't like eurogames
>>
>>44501521

Why remove the 3 and 2 card options? They take a little longer to work through, but I find that they often create some of the most interesting and inventive combinations.
>>
>>44501357

I see what you did there!
>>
>>44501530

When you have the right cards they can lead to some really funny combos. I do agree with you on that.

The problem is when they don't they end up a bunch of random gibberish players were using to clear out their hands, and in my experience this tends to happen more often. 3's suffer from this more than 2's, which why I think 2's could stay but could be justifiably cut.
>>
>>44501229
It's a game for when you're too drunk to care. I like the concept, but in practice it tends to get stale and the great/truly horrible jokes are few and far between.
>>
>>44501579

Eh, IMO letting people cycle out a bundle of bad cards isn't a bad thing, it helps keep the pace of the game and stops people being stuck.
>>
>>44501229
>I'm sick of these stupid normies with their clean hair and their life goals nibbling at the edges of my hobby.

IMO it's not worse than monopoly and it's a nice way to introduce your parents to concepts like bukkake.
>>
>>44501229
Not worst, but girls-play-it-out-of-sincere-enjoyment -tier bad
>>
What are the best combos you've ever gotten /tg/
>>
>>44501616
I just ask my mom if she'd like to do these things.
>>
>>44501620

Please tell me this is sarcasm or bait.
>>
>>44501620
>Girls enjoying something is how I decide if it's bad.
Whoever told you that being a huge loser would give you nerd-cred was lying to you.
>>
>>44501628
Auschwitz the musical
>>
>>44501647

Sounds like a sequel to Springtime for Hitler
>>
>>44501637
No I think he's serious. I've actually seen some girls play this and have fun. It's awful.
>>
>>44501616
>not worse than monopoly
You're going to have to be more specific.
>>
>>44501591

See, in my opinion having the possibility of becoming stuck at all is a flaw in the game.

For a game about humor, having a hand full of unfunny duds like "Rush Limbaugh's soft shitty body" is an absolute bummer, and to remedy your shitty hand you either have to pitch a black card that you might not even have or go several turns playing unfunny garbage until your hand looks decent. It's telling when about half way through basically every game I've ever played at least two or three players are burdened with shitty, unplayable hands, and because they don't have very many black cards they don't want to throw away any wins they've managed to eek out.
>>
>>44501229

You sensitive types always make the game that much more enjoyable for me. People play and enjoy why you sulk, and there's absolutely nothing you can do to change that.
>>
Well, I still want Anne Frank the Disney Movie
>>
>>44501637
In my experience, girls can be pretty terrible people.
And that's not even counting those I've dated because of obvious personal bias.
>>
>>44501628
academy award for daddy issues goes to batman.
>>
>>44501628
>What does Obama like to do to relax
>Not giving a shit about the third world.
>>
>>44501702
>>44501669
>>44501637
>>44501620

I love how literally any thread on /tg/ can turn into a "girls are icky and stupid" thread.

DM thread? Nope, it's now a heated discussion about married men having their spirits crushed by their horrible spouses.

That guy thread? Nope, it's now a thread about how every single time some guy played with a girl everything exploded.

Cards against humanity thread? Nope, it's now an illustration of how fucking terrified nerds are of girls.
>>
File: 1450135354726.jpg (889 KB, 1200x775) Image search: [Google]
1450135354726.jpg
889 KB, 1200x775
>>44501751
>literally any thread on /tg/ can turn into a "girls are icky and stupid" thread.
it goes both ways, man
>>
>>44501692

>callout people disliking CAH as senstive
>meanwhile the CAH creators remove a ton of offensive cards from later printings so they don't hurt anyone's feelings

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5gxhanDoY4lbkZCbGpPbFpYdzA/edit
>>
>>44501616
>it's a nice way to introduce your parents to concepts like bukkake
Is this actually a thing that people set out to do? This is a legitimate goal that people set?
>>
>>44501751
It wouldn't "turn into" that kind of thread if people just took the stick out of their ass and took a joke as it should be taken.
>>
>>44501491
because you know who is going to win about 15 minutes in . Its dull as all get out
>>
>>44501776
>a bop-it
Offensive as hell.
>>
>>44501770
Saucey sauce?
>>
>>44501780
>Retarded offhand comment about girls
>neckbeards chime in to agree
>Joke
>>
>>44501793
In Settlers? Nah, when somebody gets in the lead early on he can reliably push it into a victory only if the other players actively cooperate and trade with them on equal terms instead of ostracizing them in trades like they should to catch up.
>>
>>44501825
it's one-of, there's no more (not to my knowledge anyway)
>>
>>44501229
I like the concept, but the people I played with were awful. They didn't give a shit about making actual clever/fitting combinations, they just threw random shit together, and laughed at the lelrandom.
>>
File: Kittens.png (727 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
Kittens.png
727 KB, 1536x1152
>>44501229
Worst? Far from it.

Did you saw this barbaric cash grab called Exploding Kittens? That is some top tier crap that earned MILLIONS from "author's" names alone (because the game is complete shit).
>>
>>44501846
Yeah. It was funny too. You also forgot to greentext the part where some sensitive anon (guessing you) thought it was a good idea to call out an obviously jesting post as though they were making an honest anti-female statement. The "neckbeards" jumped in because you need to learn to take a joke.
>>
>>44501914
Is that even a game? From what I saw you just draw cards until someone loses.
>>
>>44501846
At the very least, >>44501669 is a pretty fucking obvious joke. The original post was a bit more subtle and I've seen several similar posts that were deadly serious, so I guess I can understand the knee-jerk reaction.
>>
>>44501491
I wouldn't call Settlers a "good" game, but I wouldn't call it bad, either.

It's pretty dull and it's deceptively social. There are no catchup mechanics whatsoever except for people going full embargo on the leader, which means that the leader gets soft-locked out of the game until somebody else catches up. It's not a fun experience for the leader (who basically doesn't get to play) or for the people who are behind (who still don't trust the leader, so they've lost a trading partner, but they don't trust each other either so they are hesitant to trade with one another too).

It's just a vicious game that isn't nearly mechanically deep enough for me to ever want to play it. I bought a copy because everybody said it was a great gateway to "real" board games and I regret every dollar I spent on that waste of cardboard.

If you want a light eurogame I have a dozen suggestions for games I'd recommend over Catan.
>>
>>44501408
Very good. You've proven you have a first grade reading level. You're the perfect audience for CAH.
>>
>>44501924
I didn't think it was funny, but I think that you getting buttflustered that he didn't like your jokes is much more pathetic than him finding the hilarious joke of "girls are bad, get it?" unfunny garbage.
>>
>>44501780
>say sexist thing
>"fuck off, sexist"
>joke's on them i was only pretending
>>
File: 200_s.gif (38 KB, 266x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
38 KB, 266x200
>>44501357
>>
>>44501849

That and I've played it to death.
So Im a bit sick of it.
>>
>>44501751
>wow the majority of people feel a certain way
>fuck those bigots they're just pathetic
>>
>>44501938
More or less, that's all to it, but it didn't prevent it from earning over 8.5 million dollars on KS.

I am serious, this deck of terribly drawn cards with barbaric mechanics for braindead people made millions.
>>
>>44501959
Go ahead, I'd like something that would be interesting to people relatively new to boardgames.
>>
>>44502000
Pointing out that you don't like a joke is stupid if you think it's going to do anything but derail a thread. You cannot in one post say
>Please tell me this is sarcasm or bait.
>Whoever told you that being a huge loser would give you nerd-cred was lying to you.
and in the next
>I love how literally any thread on /tg/ can turn into a "girls are icky and stupid" thread.

I'm not buttflustered and I'm not trying to be funny. If you don't like something, don't reply.

>>44502050
>implying sexism can't be funny
>>
>>44502094

Alhambra
Carcassonne
>>
>>44501628
Coat Hangar Abortions // Kid tested, mom approved!

As for CAH being a good or bad game, I'd say it's a smartly designed party game.

It does have some weaknesses: some people can't stand being offended or the thought of laughing at the expense of others, even in an abstract or ironic way. The game is also fundamentally a dirty joke pick and mix, so of course it won't have a lot of replayability. Then again, you don't play party games more than a handful of times a year anyway.

It's hard to praise it for doing much original from a design perspective: it really is just Apples to Apples. But Apples to Apples was already a pretty well made party game concept, so I guess it gets a lot of points for choosing the right mechanic to steal.

>>44501959
No political game is mechanically deep. They all have the same skill-set: convince everyone else to let you win.This is precisely its appeal as a casual game.

All political games have a strong catch-up mechanic: team up to beat on the leader. That means players who can't into game mechanics but have half a functioning brain without autism (read: casuals) have at least as much a chance to win as anyone else.
>>
>>44502185
Okay, but fucking UNO is deeper than Catan, while also being easier to get into.
>>
>>44502220
And?
>>
>>44502113
>implying sexism can't be funny

It needs to actually be funny though. Just saying something then saying it was supposed to be a joke doesn't make it funny.
>>
>>44502220
If you don't play with mentally retarded people, Catan isn't any harder to get into than UNO.
Played it with a group of people who never play boardgames or videogames for the first time and it took maybe 15minutes to explain. Also it helps to play it while drinking a few beers and watching a boring premier league game with the lads.
>>
>>44501679

That one is hilarious though, Rush Limbaugh is disgusting
>>
File: 1451661783529.png (436 KB, 487x495) Image search: [Google]
1451661783529.png
436 KB, 487x495
>>44501357
ur a witty lil cunt m8 i'll give u that
>>
>>44502358
I don't think you understand how funny works.
Again, if you don't like something, don't reply, and it will likely die then and there. By voicing your distaste (in a fucking CAH thread, mind) you've opened up this entire derail.
>>
File: 1220452033319.jpg (38 KB, 348x346) Image search: [Google]
1220452033319.jpg
38 KB, 348x346
>>44501357
>>
Man, what's the adress of the /a/ CAH website? It was fun.
>>
>>44502443
If you want people to think you're funny, say something actually funny. It's not a difficult concept, man.
>>
I don't enjoy CAH, but I do enjoy pretend you're xyzzy.

Mostly because you can add a bunch of custom decks and just go to town.
>>
>>44502499
I found it funny. Funny is subjective. It's not a difficult concept, lady.
>>
>>44501628
Preteens + my genitals = The Big Bang
>>
>>44501438
That "Magical Realm" comic is the worst thing to happen to /tg/.
>>
File: digital realm whizzard.jpg (93 KB, 459x338) Image search: [Google]
digital realm whizzard.jpg
93 KB, 459x338
>>44502677
I approve of it only for the puns
>>
>>44501914
What's so bad about this game? Not played it yet but I have a feeling I'll end up being roped into it.
>>
>>44502146
Thanks.
>>
File: 1371364219405.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1371364219405.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>44502677
You take that back.
>>
>>44502987
No
>>
>>44502677
It was indeed.
>>
>>44501368
Underrated post. I like /tg/ shit and I like to cook. To me, CAH is the equivalent of the shitty ground beef and pinto bean kind of chili. Is it good? No. But it won't cause many complaints and lends itself well to large groups, and shouldn't trigger people nearly as much as it does. If you can't see the utility in an inoffensive crowd pleaser you clearly need more friends.
>>
>>44501270
Can confirm this. You would be surprised at how people can't seem to grok even the simplest of game mechanics. Cards is so simple that nobody can missunderstand it
>>
>>44502677
quests

actually no

sergalfag(s)
>>
>>44501628
What was Margaret Thatcher doing in her final days?

Dying
>>
>>44503133
The game itself is inoffensive (as a game, I mean). As it often happens, the issue with it is the audience - people who think that combining two pre-determined lines written by others is something worth sharing with the world.
>>
It's the Avengers of card games, a low-effort easily-consumed but ultimately forgettable game for the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>44503133
I appreciate that Cards Against Humanity is, in your mind, an inoffensive crowd pleaser.

That said, it's no worse than drunken Apples to Apples. I will say, the windmill full of corpses never came up on that, but that's about the only thing.
>>
>>44501229
No. That would be Monopoly.
>>
File: guffaw.gif (414 KB, 245x171) Image search: [Google]
guffaw.gif
414 KB, 245x171
>>44502185
>Coat Hangar Abortions // Kid tested, mom approved!
>>
It's not the worst thing, but it's certainly not the greatest like some people make it out to be.

It's the kind of game that you'll bust out every few months, usually after you've burnt yourself out on other games and don't want to put to much thought into your jokes, or as an icebreaker with a group of new people.
>>
Its not even like CAH is the first of its kind, its more or less Adult Apples to Apples which has been out since 1999.
>>
>>44501229
>an argument with Dawkins
Will it be over the 0% he got on his philosophy homework?
>>
Jesus this is card game clearly made for the intention of playing with friends and having some laughs, not to stratagize and be picked apart.

Whats that, got shitty luck and your cards dont match?
Why the fuck would you expect a game made to be played by drunk friends be balanced when competitive card games arnt.
>>
It's a fucking party game.
>>
>>44501628
BILLY MAYS HERE WITH ETHNIC CLENSING!
>>
>>44502814
That looks suspiciously like Matt Ward
>>
>All the people ITT posting "jokes" from the game

This is exactly the problem
>>
>>44501628
How did I lose my virginity? Parting the red sea
>>
>>44501229
No. It's a game of an entirely different genre.

It's not a card or board game to be taken seriously, and serious traditional game players will likely miss the point.

What it is is a party game to get a crowd of people with a similar sense of humor all laughing together. It's a social type of game. Perfect for half inebriated college students or adults who want to stop being politically correct for a while and feel rebellious.

It's very, very good at what it was made for, but it's not a serious game.
>>
>>44501474
Does anyone else think Betrayal is also really lame? The only real appeal to it seems to be 'LOOK HOW MANY SCENARIOS THERE ARE', but so many of them are just so disappointing and easily broken. And before the reveal, all there is to do is wander around aimlessly.
>>
>>44501628

What's Santa giving naughty kids this year?

Just the tip.
>>
>>44501628
This is your captain speaking, please prepare yourselves for a wonderful view of the twin towers.

Or:

Lifetime presents: Fuck Mountain, a story about filling every orifice with butterscotch pudding.
>>
>>44501628
After the earthquake, Sean Penn brought ________ to the people of Haiti.

Sean Penn
>>
>>44501938
One of my friends who I also recently learnt has terrible taste got it for xmas and loves it apparently.
There are exploding kittens in a deck of cards, each turn you can play some cards that do very little, and then end your turn you draw a card from the deck, if that card is a kitten you lose unless you have a diffuse card then you dont lose.
The mechanics are do nothing for 10-20 turns until you randomly lose, or do anything for 10-20 turns until you randomly lose. You have some semblance of control over the outcome, but is very very dependent on luck
It is the second worst game I have ever played its one redeeming feature is that occasionally it ends quickly, which puts it above ticket to ride.

The art and humor style is the Oatmeal classic hur dur farts and cats
>>
>>44506076
>>44506130
>>44506236
Are these supposed to be funny?
>>
>>44506531
No.
>>
>>44501628
Pick three: Make a Haiku.
>My Genitals
>Friction
>Jizz
>>
>>44501229
It's a neat metagame.
If you play it with mostly the same people most of the times, you'll start to see patterns in what they find funny and you'll aim to exploit their sense of humor when they're the card czar.
>>
>>44506052
>And before the reveal, all there is to do is wander around aimlessly.
You ruin the atmosphere, don't you? You leave the lights on, without white noise in the background, and probably don't even read the cards to the group whenever you draw an omen card.

No wonder you don't have any fun with it - you aren't trying to have fun with it. You should set the mood, make lame horror movie jokes, and possibly try to get Ox Bellows alone with the cute fortune telling gypsy for some... private time.
>>
File: 1448165161220.jpg (74 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
1448165161220.jpg
74 KB, 596x628
>>44501357
Fuck you, I laughed at that.
>>
I haven't played CAH, but I've played Superfight. It seems to a similar idea. It was pretty fun, although we wound up disregarding the rule that the winner of the round kept his character.
>>
>>44501628
How I lost my virginity

>An Oedipus complex.

My mother was the card tsar.
>>
>>44501628
I got one last night which was something like 'I killed the (scousers). How, you ask? (The Hillsborough Disaster)'. I was at a party in Liverpool
>>
>>44501229
>cards against Humanity the worst thing to happen to card/board games?
Yes.

No.

Yes.

It's a really really really shitty game. However it's been a great gateway game to let -ahem- "Normal" people in to board/card gaming with ... better games.
>>
File: 1431045834169.png (352 KB, 637x622) Image search: [Google]
1431045834169.png
352 KB, 637x622
>>44501368
Stop being reasonable on this board and get out right now.
>>
>>44501825
it's a comic about Monster: KIngdom Death

GOML
>>
>>44502185
AtA also has a much tighter design. Green cards are always descriptive and a single word. Red cards are always nouns or noun participles.

The replayability is much better than in CAH, because the fun of it isn't "the card says dicks isn't that hilarious" or even "i paired the dicks card with something that implies buttholes or something". It's totally mundane cards that hopefully become interesting in the right context.
>>
>>44501229
It's a good game, if you happen to find permutations funny.
>>
Apples to Apples does everything CAH does but better and doesn't strictly rely on puerile humor to make it be fun.

I'm not saying Apples to Apples is a good game. It's a dull game for people who can't (or don't feel like) playing real board games or parties where no one wants to think too much. But given all that and the fact that I don't play with people who either don't know what a Glory Hole is or who are desperate to show that they know what a Glory Hole is, Apples to Apples is better in every regard.
>>
>>44510173
This could not be more true. CAH only has a clean design and look, and nothing new or interesting. It's literally hipster nonsense.
>>
>>44501913
The only time my friends do that is with the card "Bees?" and only because i dont think there's a single black card that makes that "Bees?" doesnt make hilarious
>>
>>44501914
Just looked at the rules, I honestly dont see that much wrong with the game other than the Lolsorandum humor. That and anyone who loses just kind of has to sit there doing nothing while everyone else has fun.
>>
>>44510173
Exactly, and when something that is a double entendre is played it's more funny because it's not as easy to do.

CAH is a game for faggot hipsters who laugh that they're "horrible people" but in real life are offended by anything actually politically incorrect.
>>
>>44501914
It's as simple as it gets but it's pretty fun. Also, there's still some strategy involved.
I've been playing it with numerous people and everyone had a great time.
>>
>>44501628
Not a combo but I dont think I've lost a round using Being a motherfucking wizard.
>>
>>44503228
>grok

People like you should be excluded from civilized society.
>>
>>44508484

the google does nothing
>>
>>44501776
>all those brand names they got sued out of using

Fan-fucking-tastic
>>
>>44501628
Oedipus Complex, kid tested mother approved.
>>
>>44507189

Sort of this.

My group didn't like Elder Sign much at first but when we played it outside on a deck with a just Shadd lamp illuminating the entire table and I insisted we read the flavor text it turned things around.

Now its one of my groups favorite games.
And I learned the importance of creating an atmosphere for my players

Its too fucking cold to play outside this week for Betrayal so I'll loosen half the lightbulbs in the chandler above the table and quietly play the local classical music radio station from the other room.
>>
>>44501628

_____ Would be woefully incomplete without _____

>Incest
>Daddy's belt
>>
>>44501779
Not who you're asking, but it's not so much a goal as a thing that will happen. Shit gets awkward fast when she gets her hands on the oedipal cards.
>>
I actually played CAH with a group of friends who are normally funny and enjoyable to be around. it was pretty great. previously thought it was a shit game, but i was just playing with shit people
>>
>>44501776
>not using blank cards to make cards worse than the ones they remove

unimaginative pleb
>>
>>44514112
Why?
>>
>>44501229
Probably? It's a transphobic piece of shit. But that is probably just a symptom of a bigger problem within gaming community and not a reason for it.
>>
As a few anons mentioned, it''s a perfectly fine icebreaker to pull out every so often and play occasionally. I'll grab it when with a bunch of people that I know aren't easily offended (these people usually being other musicians) and we have a laugh, put it away and occasionally there is something that becomes a running joke for the next few days and isn't thought of again.
>>
>>44514112

I actually second this motion.
>>
>>44514112
I don't even know what grok is but it sounds completely like nu-male shit. I completely agree with you
>>
>>44501776
They removed offensive cards for being offensive‽ But that was the point of the game!
>>
>>44501579
I think the problem lies in a bit of 3 card blacks and a lot more that most of the stock whites just either don't fit with the black cards or aren't funny period.

I play CAH with a bunch of friends on one of those online hosts for it and we make our own card sets and generally have a blast, but I do agree that three card blacks almost always end up being used as hand dumps, which kinda sucks.
>>
>>44501229
CAH has really influenced my game design. I really like the whole "simultaneous reveal of played cards" mechanic since it makes the game less strategic and more like gambling.
>>
>>44517043
A lot of the removed cards were from lawsuits for using name brands. Some of it was for the cards being offensive, which is completely retarded. You can cook up way worse with the blank cards anyway.
>>
>>44517065
Look into the game diplomacy.
>>
>>44501385
absolutely this. some nights I want to just get drunk with friends and play something like CAH
>>
>>44517113
Diplomacy is also good, but it takes too long.
>>
>>44517007

It's from a book, Stranger in a Strange Land. It's a Martian word that's supposedly understanding on a deeper level, though any description of it just amounts to "understand," "intuit," or "empathize," which makes the word seem pointless, pretentious, and kind of poorly thought out alien-sounding. You could also say you "get it," or substitute any of those human words in, and based on the way a character understands these alien concepts, it'd carry that much more meaning. Not to mention its phonetic structure, which gives it more in common with the sounds curse words are generally associated with than a deeper concept, though it's supposed to be hideously alien so it at least achieved the hideous part.

People who use it are basically just being pretentious assholes, first for making a literary reference that, even if you get, just jars the conversation with the sheer phonetic unpleasantness of the word, and second, is also used in extreme arrogance because the word itself is supposed to encapsulate a kind of comprehension human beings are supposedly incapable of without the help of aliens. You don't grok shit, you're not a magical space martian.

tl;dr NEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS
>>
I think this game is a gateway drug like heroine.
Was never into board games until a friend suggested zombicide and cards.
loved it and now getting into nerdier shit
>>
>>44501229
Probably the worst thing to happen to card/board games is the rise of the internet. Now you can have internet mahjong, internet poker, internet scrabble, internet CALL OF DUTY: MEDIEVAL WARFARE: SMITE GOBLINS EDITION SEASON PASS.
>>
>>44501628
The audacity of our first chimpanzee president by Barack Obama
>>
>>44501628
I present to you a haiku:

Ooompa-Loompas

Ethnic Cleansing

Dead Parents.
>>
>>44506507
That sounds like We Didn't Playtest This At All, only twice as long and half as fun.
>>
It's just a party game to be played with friends on occasion. It's not the games fault if you're stupid enough to expect anything more than that from it.
>>
File: thats_hilarious.png (177 KB, 335x551) Image search: [Google]
thats_hilarious.png
177 KB, 335x551
>>44501357
I admit, I had to do a double take before I caught the pun.

Take your kek response and leave you bastard.
>>
Alright, so apparently there's a whole lot of people on /tg/ that find CAH funny. I'm gonna have to find somewhere else to talk about tabletop, man.
>>
It's a shitty game. And believe they are "transgressive" comedians when they are just morons cursing and being offensive. That explains why is popular. Behaving like a frat jerk is not what I have in mind when I wanna play a game. Fuck CAH.
>>
>>44519322
Schools will reopen soon hopefully.
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.