[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats a good system to play star wars other than gurps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Darth Vader Skull.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader Skull.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
whats a good system to play star wars other than gurps
>>
>>44492727
it depends on what you want out of your game
>>
>>44492727
I really liked Star Wars Saga Edition.

Only problem is I like actually having the books on hand and Saga edition books are crazy expensive.
>>
Star Wars d6

Easy, fast, loads of sourcebooks, oldschool flair.
>>
Edge of the Empire?
>>
Pathfinder.
>>
>>44492727
SWRPG. Needs special dice or the dice app but the system is pretty straightforward and narratively focused and the SW General thread has the links to the downloads.
>>
>>44492727

The D20 version seems pretty good-- the one BEFORE 4th ed came out. I prefer doing it in GURPS, but if you're looking for a good game, this is a system you'll probably already mostly be familiar with and that covers all the bases.
>>
>>44492924
I find the ffg star wars games to be too rule light nowadays. A lot of gear is not well-defined, and the talents trees are all over the place. Still, correct systemfor most games.
weg star wars is pretty good IMO, plus it has tons of material.
>>
>>44492727
the Fantasy Flight Games RPGs

StarORE
>>
>>44492727
FATAL
>>
>>44493096
The general guideline is that Saga is for playing D&D in the Star Wars universe, FFGRPG is for a lower power approach where jedi aren't massively overpowered space wizards.
>>
>>44492727
Star Wars D6
>>
File: Mini Six RPG.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Mini Six RPG.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Here you go. The last setting in the book is Star Wars with the serial numbers filed off.

If you wanna play with the big boys, there's WEG's d6 Star Wars.
>>
>>44492727
I'm suggesting saga for an all Jedi game, with a really important modification: delete the Jedi base class and give everyone a bonus feat at level one. Let every class pick from the Jedi talent tree.

This changes the dynamics of the Jedi In game. Every Jedi is now on their own path, and the Jedi knight class is an important step along a Jedi's path.
>>
>>44492727
Star Dungeon Wars
>>
>>44493171
But Jedi are massively overpowered space wizards.
>>
>>44495255
>No meteor strike
>No enchanted equipment(lightsabers don't count, they're having to use the force to enhance their abilities with it)
>No Wish

Overpowered? NOT OVERPOWERED ENOUGH!
>>
>>44492727
I play Saga edition since it's just DnD with a starwars skin, so it's familiar and easy to get into for most players. I house rule a few things and am pretty lenient as a gm to make it a bit less rule heavy aswell.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.