[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could you run a rules-light game right here on /tg/? Get some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 3e1.jpg (35 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
3e1.jpg
35 KB, 500x372
Could you run a rules-light game right here on /tg/? Get some folks with trips, roll up characters, and go for a little dungeon run?
>>
Why not people to quests all the time. 3d6 abilities down the list, roll for equipment, pick a class, slap a name on that and down the hill we go.
>>
You could but it would be stupid to do it here instead of literally any other platform designed for roleplaying or even just an IRC channel.

Unless you want to point at your trip and say "HEY LOOK AT ME I DID THAT THING YOU GUYS SHOULD TREAT ME LIKE I'M IMPORTANT." In which case, see the first part of my post re: being stupid.
>>
You technically could, but it'd be like an exclusive quest, which would piss off people more than usual. At least with a normal quest, anyone at all can participate.
>>
>>44483494
>Could you run a rules-light game right here on /tg/? Get some folks with trips, roll up characters, and go for a little dungeon run?
Well, such a game would probably be a lot more complicated then you would think. You state that "I have no fucking idea what I'm doing". Well to begin with, (i) what system, rules-light system, are you looking to play?
>>
>>44483494

Yeah, "Play-by-Post" is a thing.I played in a PbP game of Lasers and Feelings here about a year back which was great. Sadly, a second session never happened, though.
L&F is about perfect for that, I'd say. Your character's one stat can easily be put in your name field, everything gets resolved with a single roll so there's no back-and-forth "roll this, okay, now roll that" to drag things down.

>>44483858

Then people can add "[PbP] to their filters, as that's what we used to mark it, since it wasn't a quest. Besides, there's plenty of unused thread space on /tg/, we have roughly 80 threads that have been dead for hours at any given time.
>>
yes but it would be gay
>>
>>44484680
>yes but it would be gay
Indeed.
>>
>>44483858

>anyone at all can participate

But patreon tripfags get priority.

And we know everyone's just going to make your character a lesbian whore, unless the character's male, in which case nobody cares.
>>
>>44484703
>But patreon tripfags get priority.
I only remember that happening once, and it sparked a huge shitstorm that ended with the quest burnt to the ground.
>>
>>44484633
You can't just "make a new thread", anon.

And filterfags are an oppressed minority whose whiny buttfrastion deserves to be heard by all and not ridiculed.
>>
File: 1974 Style Rules.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1974 Style Rules.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Just use this.

lv.1 Characters put 4 points into 5e skill list.
>>
>>44484762

Stop posting that thing everywhere, it's bad.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.