[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TPK thread? What roll doomed your party to hilarious death? Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Never let the Elf Multiclass.gif (4 MB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Never let the Elf Multiclass.gif
4 MB, 600x450
TPK thread? What roll doomed your party to hilarious death? Or did you kill each other on purpose?

Pic maybe related?
>>
>>44477690

Bump.
>>
Our DM killed us off so we could start a new campaign during the next semester. Instead of giving us heroic or satisfying deaths, he decided to lock us in a room and teleport in his level 20 Mythic min max bullshit build he had from an old campaign. I'll elaborate if anyone's interested.
>>
We tried to fight a The Thing monster and everyone but one got absorbed.
>>
>>44479651
lurking
>>
>>44479651
So I guess the real question is did anyone put up with that bullshit to let that DM into the new campaign?
>>
>>44477690
whats that comic called again?
>>
>>44479816
>>44479793
We're switching DMs because DMs want to have fun too.

Anyways, we're locked in this room and told: everyone vote, one person gets to live. The rest of our level 4 party would be slaughtered one by one by this DM avatar. Our players were:

>Bradley the buff sorcerer
A nice guy, but a lot older than the rest of us (IC and OOC) which made him a little weird to talk with. He was an Aasimar with divine fire or something, which he forgot to use on enemies. The weakest character because he was entirely dedicated to helping the group.

>Andrew the gnome cavalier/bard
Multiclassed into bard on his 4th (and final) level. Alright player, but got an insanity effect halfway through that made him annoying as fuck IC. Unfortunately brought along...

>Natalie the half-elf rogue
Really annoying player, spent half the time trying to convince the party to murder the town and leave which was not only bullshit because she was neutral good, but also because the town and it's defense was the sole focus of our campaign. Crowning achievement was trying to blackmail the mayor in public court, which wasted more time. Had an obsessive relationship IC with the gnome, which didn't help speed things up either.

>Skyler the ranger
Real nice guy and a good role player, had to leave for work before the campaign "ended" so was killed off earlier. Usually sided with me against the bullshit half of the party, along with...

>Sam the tegu rogue
Nice player and a good roleplayer as well, unfortunately took roof runner as an archetype, which was utterly useless in our campaign, but did better than Natalie due to her non bitchiness and understanding of the game.

Cont in next post.
>>
>>44480087
>Corey the 'human' fighter
Complete shit. Allowed the benifits of a dwarf without the deficits, because 'she was raised by dwarves as a child'. Spent most of the bitching about why we weren't getting paid more for saving the town (when it was destroyed and ran out of money rebuilding) and justified most of her actions with 'I only care about money', despite being Lawful Good. Wasted almost an entire session trying to capture a goblin dog as a familiar, which almost got 2 party members killed (we were 1st level at the time) then whined when the town (who had likely seen these dogs murdering an eating their families) wouldn't accept it with open arms.

>Finally, me the human barbarian
Went for the ultimate unkillable tank here, roleplayed as a Nordic dude who loved bars and bar fights. Intoned everything as Arnold Schwartzenegger for good measure. Started as a joke but the others loved it so became a tradition.

Anyways, let's get down to how it all got fucked even more.
>>
>>44480181
The choice of who would live fell to me. It was a tie between the buff wizard and the annoying gnome, so naturally I chose the man who helped us at every turn rather than the tiny dickhead who tried to assault me before. All was going well until Andrew, apparently unhappy with this fair, decisive vote, shot an arrow at Bradley's head. E party was quickly divided into Bradley's side, Andrew's side, and those who said 'fuck this I'm out'. Now with the help of some magic items, my barbarian could lift around 21,000 pounds off the ground, so I decided to open the stone slab sealing us in. Sam and Corey formed a defensive wall behind me while I attempted to lift the door. Should have been easy shit, seeing as I could benchpress semi-trucks, but the DM ruled that my mighty strength only applied to carry weight, not the door I was attempting to open. Still I succeeded with a natural 20, and lifted the door enough for Sam to crawl through, but the DM avatar decided now would be a good time to stab me in the back, causing me to drop the door and crush Sam's legs.

While al this was going on, Natalie and Andrew had decided to team up on Bradley, now vehemently hating the man they had literally minutes ago considered a friend and ally. Surprisingly, Corey stepped to his aid, attack Natalie to even the odds. A shitty 4th level fighter is still a match for a normal 4th level rogue apparently, so Natalie got her ass handed to her until she decided to pull all the pins on her grenade belt (yes, a rogue with explosives) killing herself and Corey instantly.

Bradley meanwhile was using invisibility to hide from Andrew until we could save his ass from the rabid gnome and dog (the gnome had a dog as a mount). But Andrew also being a bard, used some bardic performance which compelled Bradley to attack him no matter what, thus rendering invisibility pointless.

Cont. on next post.
>>
>>44480387
While Bradley was getting shit on by Andrew, I had pulled Sam out from under the door and attempted to stand against what was essentially a god. This was the point where I assume Sam stopped giving a shit as well, and decided to throw a knife into my head. Following this logic, the DM avatar decided to throw me into Sam. Crushing her with a 225 pound bear-like man. Despite her crimes against me, I propped her up against the wall (she was unconscious) and went over to try and kill Andrew, the gnome who started all this shit. The DM avatar instantly killed me. What followed was another hour of Bradley running around trying to evade the attacks of a 3rd level cavalier and his mount, while also possessing the HP of a malnourished infant. Inevitably he was cut down, leaving only Andrew and Sam alive. Even though the majority had voted for Bradley to live, the insane, dickhead gnome Andrew who had directly and indirectly caused the deaths of every party member was allowed to live because he was 2nd place. The DM avatar killed Sam instantly and the now completely insane cavalier/bard gnome Andrew was set free to wander the world.

Also the town we had all died trying to protect? None of it mattered.
The villagers all fended off the goblins by themselves, and no one would even remember our names.

I still feel bitter about it even now.
>>
File: never get captured.gif (2 MB, 350x395) Image search: [Google]
never get captured.gif
2 MB, 350x395
I misread the CR of mindflayers once many years ago when I still ran D20 shit.
It didn't end well, but it did end.
>>
Old DM was a big fan of killing us off constantly, I had the feeling he thought the game was more about us vs him rather than all of us telling a story, needless to say he and I didnt see eye to eye nor do we talk anymore
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.