[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orlanth is Dead Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: orlanth is dead.jpg (181 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
orlanth is dead.jpg
181 KB, 750x1000
The temple of Inora at Kiro Fin was not always so still and silent. Sure, it’s now just you and the Ice Maiden (as the cult leaders are always known as,) and even when she was an initiate it was just her and the old Ice Maiden, but there was a time when all of Tarsh and western Sartar sought to appease the Goddess of Mountain Snow, and there were initiates enough to tend to it. In those days you surely would have had men a-plenty performing The Hill Of Gold and seeking your hand, but in this diminished state it is not so.

Which is why this morning instead of being sent out to hunt as you usually spend a portion of your days, you were told to go out into the world and find a husband, and produce a daughter to continue the line of descent all the way to Inora herself before time began.
Although, when the Ice Maiden said it she made it sound much more like your fault.

Thankfully she didn’t expect you to do it entirely on your own. She bid you to select a single boon: Which boon was it, Yanestra Snowdriftdottir?
>You picked a collection of gems, offerings from the old days, to use as a dowry.
>You picked the white crown, to demonstrate your status and aid in your magic.
>You picked one of the Ice Demons she commands, embodied in a white fox, to act as your protector.
>>
With your boon at hand, your thoughts turn to the last week. With your mission at hand, you now know that your mothe-that the Ice Maiden must have had motherhood and children on the mind, so when you weren’t hunting she brushed up your instruction on Inora’s children. Looking down onto the rest of dragon pass, you begin to idly consider which you have the most in common with. This will influence the nature of Yanestra’s ice-magic, as well as her personality
>Snowdrift.
Out of all Inora’s children, this daughter of Orlanth and Inora is aligned more than any other to the Movement rune.
Also, the child of Inora you claim descent from the goddess through.
>Father of Avalanches.
This son of Inora, less powerful than others outside Inora’s lofty domain, is more closely aligned to the Disorder rune.
>Biting Frost.
Son of Inora and the North Wind, Biting Frost inflicts terrible wounds nearly deserving of the Death rune.
>Ice-slip
The lie of stable footing is this what ties Ice-Slip to the Illusion rune.
>>
Ice-slip

It's tumultuous times in Dragon Pass during the Wind Stop, the subtle hand of illusion could be what we need
>>
Crown

Ice-slip
>>
>>44470700
We're in the prologue right now. The windstop hasn't happened... yet.
>>
There's power in blood. Crown and and our ancestor, Snowdrift.
>>
>White Crown, Ice-Slip.
Writing.
>>
Crown in hand and contemplating the Illusion rune tattooed to your forearm, you begin your descent down the mountain. To start you know the mountain, as you often need to hunt to supplement the meager offerings that are supposed to feed the temple. But there is only so far you’ve ranged to do so, and by mid-afternoon you’re as far as you’ve ever ranged before.
>Continue your descent until nightfall? Make camp now? Something else?
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>44471088
>Continue your descent until nightfall
>>
>>44471110
It's another hour before you notice the quiet, and closer still to evening when you realize what it means. Something besides you stalks the base of Kero Fin today.
>Roll 1d100.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>44471345
>>
I'm going to assume we are a) not a troll, and b) heortling?
>>
>>44471378
Not only does something else stalk the base of Kero Fin, it's stalking you. But even past your usual roaming ground, you know this mountain, and it knows you. And it's in your nature to will truth to lies and lies to truth. It's a simple think to trick animals into think they're following you when you're following them, and soon enough you're trailing what turns out to be an Alynx. You've only ever encountered wild ones before, but you know that the clans use them to hunt, and you're past where you would have encountered them before...
"Why hello there."

Turning with a start, you fumble with your bow in an attempt to turn it on the man.
"Haw! When my little furry friend here took off I worried that… well, this certainly wasn’t what I was expecting to find. I’m Orvanmakt Brighteye. What drives such a beauty to wander these woods alone?”"
>>
>>44471484
You're not a troll, and in theory a heortling but also a weirdo involuntary hermit so a lot of customs you only know in theory as opposed to having actually lived them.
also, I've gotta go for a bit
>>
>>44471783
answer with the truth, I guess.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.