[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space marines chapter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
I just got a couple of these for Christmas. I was planning on making a chapter of space marines but I couldn't decide on a name or color scheme
So far I like hellfire angels or brimstone Angels either way I want to make the power armor a crimson red color with a silver lining across the trimming.
>>
>>44467124
>Red

Don't, it's over-used and looks horrible on vehicles.
>>
>>44467221
Got a recommendation? I've considered "Templars of steel" and following through with a generic metallic silver or even a darker platinum color.
>>
File: 1450744688006.png (217 KB, 447x547) Image search: [Google]
1450744688006.png
217 KB, 447x547
>>44467124
brown would make a nice colour desu, chocolate marines or something lol
>>
>>44467221
>>44467124
I agree.
Red is so overused.

You can use Red, but you need to use it with intelligence.

Look at the Blood Raven colours for example. That bone shoulder with black trim changes everything.

Red a little of lore of various Chapters, choose the one you really like.
1d4chan is nice for that, since it's very brief and essential.
>>
>>44467124
>Use them as corpses on bases for what ever army youre playing now

This hobby is way to expensiv to get invested into more than 1 amry.
Better save the money for nice computer games or other TT games like Xwing
>>
mabey try silver with red lining. or if risky, white with blue pualdron lining and blue shin plates. it would help if you could tell us moar about there theme (close combat berserkers? snipers? vikings?)
>>
Op here, I should of stated this earlier, but out of fear that many anons might get but hurt I don't plan to play warhammer 40k I'm going to place them in a huge glass diorama out of an unused fish tank depicting a scene. Currently I am imagining up a scene where they are dropping in from a ship under heavy fire they are a frontal assault squad. Sorry if it doesn't help much I'm a new fag to warhammer.
>>
>>44471160
>paying $25 for a single tiny ship for X-Wing
>paying for PC games

Lol. The people who think 40k is "expensive" are ALWAYS the ones who are too stupid and poor to make enough money to afford it.
>>
>>44467124
Take your pick.

>>44471262
>silver with red lining

So, Fire Angels?
>>
>>44473470
Everyone has got to start somewhere.

Best plan is to, well, plan out what you're going to need first. Getting the ship, or drop pods, and the enemy you're going to fight. Second off, you may want to put the money in for better models. A full box of tac squads will be WAY better for customizing compared to the demo, which are snap fit and one pose.
>>
>>44467124
Have you ever tried the 1d4chan Chapter creation tables? It's not necessary, but it's an easy way to generate fluff for your dudes, at least a jumping off point. Get your creative juices flowing.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables

As for a name, the best ones always manage to sneak up on you. For a while, I was calling my Sisters/Skitarii army the "Order of the Iron Flood", but eventually I got hit by "The Order of Salted Wounds" and I just had to keep it.
>>
>>44473470
>>44480765
Also, you're going to want to take this much like you would build a regular army for 40K. Get a "leader" and a couple of regular squads. From there assemble, paint to your hearts content, and set them up near the center of the tank or what-have-you. After you do this, I would recommend getting your enemies before focusing on the SM army any more. Same thing, just a leader and two regular squads. From there, just add what you like and bring in more soldiers and Vehicles until you have an awesome scene.

I would honestly recommend Chaos Marines if you're new to 40K in general, they paint like regular marines for the most part and it will be easier for you if you've never painted minis before, but you're not doing anything wrong if you don't. This is going to take time and money if you want it to look nice, but that's 40K in general.
>>
File: guardians of the covenant.jpg (216 KB, 938x1600) Image search: [Google]
guardians of the covenant.jpg
216 KB, 938x1600
>>44467397
Check out the Guardians of the Covenant anon- they wear silvery armor with black/red details and dark red robes. They're a non-asshole Unforgiven Chapter, relatively easy to paint, and Dark Angels are pretty solid this edition.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.