[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killing other members of the party is usually discouraged, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 14.jpg (4 MB, 2352x1568) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
4 MB, 2352x1568
Killing other members of the party is usually discouraged, but what about letting them die or reviving them and leaving them before they wake up.

Outright working against the party is a bad idea, but what if it's just a one time thing, letting a certain member die because your character feels their ideals dont fit the goals of the party for example.
>>
You're still being an asshole.
>>
>>44463942
If we're going to help you plan a murder we need details
>>
>>44463942
> letting a certain member die because your character feels their ideals dont fit the goals of the party
And this is not
>Outright working against the party
exactly how?
>>
>>44463942
I think it perfectly fine, if you just let them for. In one game first level game I played in, one of the players decided it we be a good idea to be a necromancer. No body else knew this in character, and he said he was a healer. This eventually spiralled into him being arrested, and nobody cared
>>
>>44463942
Nah you're still a cunt.
>>
File: 563795.jpg (32 KB, 178x334) Image search: [Google]
563795.jpg
32 KB, 178x334
>>44463942
>because your character feels

That's what 9/10 people use to try and justify doing something horrible in a game.

Deciding to play an asshole character still makes you an asshole.
>>
>>44464078

>Party brings all kids they rescue over course of their travels to an orphanage in major city
>One of the characters secretly molests the kids when the rest of the party are out shopping between jobs
>One time the Paladin decides to spend some of his share of gold on donation to the orphanage instead of depositing it all in temple as he usually does, and catches the Rogue red handed
>He smites him on the spot.

>Ohhh why did you do this, just because muh character feels, think about party integrity!
>>
>>44464191
>implying paladin is not used to looking the other way for shit like that since his time in the church
Also - does this paladin also smite pickpockets and charlatans on spot?
>>
>>44464403
I think there might be something fundamentally wrong with your character.

Not your PC, but the mental and moral qualities distinctive to you as an individual.
>>
>>44464446
Wait.

So when you spot a pedo IRL - you lynch him on spot, as opposed to calling police and shit?

>looking the other way for shit like that since his time in the church
Literally what Catholic authorities do. And I respect the Pope still.
>>
>>44464078
>policing roleplay

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>44464929
He's right. You really are fucked up.

Also, a Paladin generally IS already police, prosecutor, judge and executioner all bundled up in one.
>>
>>44464929
>So when you spot a pedo IRL - you lynch him on spot, as opposed to calling police and shit?

If I caught a pedo red-handed trying to do stuff to a child, you bet your ass I'd beat the fuck out of him right then and there.
>>
>>44464078
>Deciding to play an asshole character still makes you an asshole.

Please never RP again.
>>
File: 126546314.png (20 KB, 302x151) Image search: [Google]
126546314.png
20 KB, 302x151
>>44463942

See >>44463972 >>44464029 >>44464078

Rather than being an asshole toward the party, make a new character.
>>
Raising someone and leaving them is interesting. Not raising someone if you have the capacity probably depends on how common resurrection is in-game-universe. In a way it requires even more meditated malice than a crime of passion, its outright deciding not to bring someone back when you can. That being said, might depend on the religious concepts surrounding resurrection, etc. Also have to factor in legal code stuff, some places require you to render medical assistance if you are capable, some don't.
>>
>>44464994
>You really are fucked up.
elaborate
> a Paladin generally IS already police, prosecutor, judge and executioner all bundled up in one
Unless there are oter authorities operating in that area. In which case going around smiting fools will get you in a ton of trouble.
>>
>>44465069
So, let me follow your train of logic.

You're going to take advantage of the idea that the group has to be a group, so you're going to be spending the night RPing as an asshole that the rest of the group wouldn't want to work with to begin with?

Rather than RPing as a believable character you'd actually find in a party of willing comrades, you'd rather insert an intolerable dick into a group for your own amusement, and at the expense of the other players who have to put up with your less-than-amiable character?

No one's stopping you from acting like an asshole all night if that's your preference, but that still makes you quite an asshole.
>>
>>44463942
I bet you haven't even talked to them.

I bet you haven't even talked to the rest of the party about them.

I bet you haven't even brought up how they don't fit.

I bet you're the only one with the problem and everyone else is cool with it.

Fag.
>>
If you disagree with someone, don't pussy out and be passive-aggressive about it. Kill them on the spot. If you're strong enough to disagree but not strong enough to fight, you're not worth anything.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.