[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is she a Decent Commander?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Image.png (124 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
124 KB, 223x310
So, I recently came into owning pic related, and I was wondering if I should make an EDH deck around her. I have the cards for a buff/token deck with a few Angels thrown in, but I'm not too sure if she's a Commander to use.

Her second ability seems pretty good to stop mono-decks, and it's saved me a few times when I got to actually use it. Any other reason for it?
>>
Hey pseudo fog is nicebut very expensive and she's cmc5 for a 5/4 flyer. She could go in some kind of hyper-ramp turbo fog control shell maybe, but other than that I wouldn't bother. Her only hard advantage is how unlikely you are to be focused down early due to how non-threatening she is.
>>
>>44461850
Oh. Ok...
>>
>>44461881
Sorry bro. I know how it feels when you find a card you really want to build around but it's just not viable. Would this be your first EDH deck?
>>
>>44461982
Yeah. Most of my decks are white or white-green, and I loved the Innistrad setting so I was jumping at the chance to have Avacyn for an EDH.
>>
>>44462000
I run Sigarda enchantments/voltron myself. Maybe consider her as an alternative?
>>
>>44461760
There's an EDH general, why not ask there?
>>
>>44462000
If you don't mind the color change, you could go with kalia, and jam all the angels and demons you want. Sigarda is good but not the best for voltron, Bruna light of alabaster would be a better option. if you want to go GW i would suggest emara tandris or the other legendary selesnyan of ravnica, i don't remember his/her name
>>
>>44462332
I don't know how General Threads work...
>>
>>44461760

It should be noted that while >>44461850 is correct in that this version of Avacyn isn't the BEST commander, one of the benefits of EDH as a format is that the game is much less cutthroat than Modern. There are better commanders, but as long as your overall deck is decent you don't need to stick to just your top tier options.

What would you plan on putting in the deck with this as your commander?
>>
>>44462722
I have a Herald of War, Patron of the Valiant, Captain of the Watch, some Abzan Bolster, Dictate of Heliod, and Sun Champ Elspeth.

Meant for the deck to be more on tokens and buffs early, carry into heavy stuff later. I have a Monastery Mentor as well, a Quarry Collusus and a Hall of Heroes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.