[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40kRPG General Stupid Sexy Xenos Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 1449276642240.png (162 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
1449276642240.png
162 KB, 600x255
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

Book Repositories (mega is more comprehensive and up to date)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

Enemies Without:
https://my.mixtape.moe/jbsyqt.pdf

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armour and NPCs/adverseries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v5.43.150418), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Not updated with any DH2 content.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.5.1), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kpl4pvkdiidvg6n/Fear_and_Loathing.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nf19t1z8p2prwrx/The_Fringe_is_Yours.pdf

Remember, ask a specific question, we'll be happy to help. But if you're vague, we'll tell you to make your players fight necrons. Probably.

So have you or your GM ever tried to seduce your character onto the vile aliens side /tg/? Do you use the classical "sexy alien babe" trope any?
>>
The dice well and truly hate me when it comes to acquisitions in DH2e

Having low-tier weapons is getting really bothersome after a while
>>
File: [Chivalry Intensifies].pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
[Chivalry Intensifies].pdf
1 B, 486x500
/tg/ has appreciated me posting it before, so here comes a slightly updated version: Now with better character creation options! I.e I added a new homeworld and three regiment type options to make chargen better.
>>
>>44461617
I want to play as an Elder and crush the party's enemies with Space Magic. Or, alternatively, crush a party full of Eldar that are using Space Magic.

I know the latter can be done in a few, but what about the former?
>>
>>44461845
>Having low-tier weapons is getting really bothersome after a while

You don't appreciate your lasgun and it's overcharge mode? That's heresy son.
>>
>>44461845
If you think you need a bigger gun to win a firefight, you either have played too much D&D or are fighting stupidly
A good auto/lasgun and grenades will do you fine for a long time. In melee, get chain, be content, or be a feral worlder, and stay with a big sword.
>>
>>44461864

Hmm, yes, the guide to doing so is hidden in the barrel of my bolt pistol. Come take a look.
>>
File: 670px-1230052783344.png (239 KB, 670x899) Image search: [Google]
670px-1230052783344.png
239 KB, 670x899
>>44461913
Read the second half of their request, Comissar. They may yet have a use.
>>
>>44461866
>>44461906
>auto/lasgun
>grenades

Guess what, I don't have those either. Then again, I DO have a Sniper Rifle and a Chainsword, which are pretty good weapons, I just failed to have both at hand at the last combat encounter because I foolishly thought that not carrying a bigass rifle and a bigass sword around when we are going to what was supposed to be a peaceful meeting would be a reasonable course of action.

And thus I had to ffight stormtroopers and an Inquisitor with a Mono Knife and an Autopistol. It went surprisingly well, despite ending in a burned FP and my partially Social-focused character becoming so disfigured he lost 10 Fel.
>>
>>44461906
while I do agree, I just like having vast array of toys at my disposal.
if you like the life of a miser, play Stalker
>>
>>44461949
In all actuality, my whole frustrationstems from the single fact that I've been trying to get a Desoleum Power Blade since Enemies Without came out, and every single one of my rolls on every weekly session to get it has failed.

I just want a bloody weapon with actual penetration
>>
>>44461949
Then it's not the weapon's fault, it yours alone.
>>44461992
>I just like having vast array of toys at my disposal.
You aren't a space marine or an inquisitor. You want toys not because they help you do the job, but because you want to have them.
Fuck off from my table with your entitlement, you get what you earn.
>>
>>44462022
>Then it's not the weapon's fault, it yours alone.

That'll teach me not to carry around all of my combat gear everywhere...
>>
>>44462008

As a DH GM, I'd never give out something like that based on a simple "lol I rolled a 3 on my influence test." You'd have to be tight with a noble family/Rogue Trader/Inquisitor. Look what Gaunt had to do to get his power sword.
>>
>>44462008
Sacrifice 1d5 influence then.
>>44462028
To what was supposed to be a peaceful meeting?
Yes, you better leave your shit at home, do you not know what diplomacy is?
Sometimes it costs you, but bringing it with you is more often going to have you fucked over because you can't operate in good faith.
>>
>>44462022
>You want toys not because they help you do the job

it's not entitlement, you twat, it's called having tools for the job.
While I appreciate lack of resources sometimes leads to ingenuine solutions and running around with only an autopistol for an entire campaign is awesome and fun, there is time and place for everything
>Fuck off from my table
it's probably shit anyway
>>
>>44462008
try explosive collar
>>
File: 1183.jpg (104 KB, 735x460) Image search: [Google]
1183.jpg
104 KB, 735x460
>>44462105
>>
>>44461845

As someone pointed out in the last thread, you can burn 1d5 influence to just get what you want.
>>
>>44462008
>I just want a bloody weapon with actual penetration
Overcharged lasweapons, any monoweapon, manstopper rounds.
>>
>>44462704
Also krak grenades.
>>
>>44462101
>it's called having tools for the job
You need a handful of items to get the job done well.
You don't NEED a plasma gun, power armor or relics to investigate 80% of the situations you will find yourself in, you want a new toy to show you have it.
>running around with only an autopistol for an entire campaign is awesome and fun
Not only did I never say that, you enormous faggot, only a handful of characters would be so poorly equipped to begin with, even a chargen. You could have easily said auto/lasgun, longlas, sniper rifle, flamer, monosword, but then you can get a long fucking time in a game with just those on top of not blowing your subtlety to Emperor come because you stick out like an erection on speedos.
In a game revolving around ground level work and rubbing elbows with the nuts and bolts of humanity, you want to be the big dick on the block with the silver bullet. Go play RT if you want all the toys at your fingertips without effort.
>>
>>44462311
>you can burn 1d5 influence to just get what you want.

First thing as a GM I banned. You get gear through good ROLEPLAY, not by subverting GM authority. Entitled players can fuck off.
>>
What's the best weapon set/squad loadout for dealing with some unpredictable mix of Tau, Dark Eldar, Nids, and other humans?

I'm playing my first round of RT today, and I am allowed a small boarding party that's armed to the teeth. I was thinking two longlass's, a meltagun and a flamer.

Any other thoughts on a versatile strike-team loadout?
>>
>>44462846

I agree, actually. I feel like DH2E made it too easy to find things.
Whatever happened to the rareness charts? Yes, each weapon in 2E has a rareness quality but the 1E had charts of planet size and the like that modified the roll. It made finding things more difficult and induced more roleplaying.
>>
>>44462846
>insert bait jpg
Look, guy, the players do have the right to exercise narrative power if the system specifically gives it to them.
It is worse to have a GM who is so tightfisted with THEIR IDEAL GAME that the ability of the players to operate within the world suffers.
>>44462896
First, how many people do you have?
Second, what equipment is available?
Third, what ruleset are you dealing with?
Offhand, you have a incredibly limited toolkit right there.
>>44462916
>Whatever happened to the rareness charts?
I personally never used them, rather instead decided myself what kind of gear was available on the world.
Even then, it doesn't actually prevent the players from having to put the work into something, and DH2e operates on the idea that not everything you get via Req is native to the world itself. You can make orders to have shit delivered to you from offplanet, but that comes with it's own set of concerns.
>>
>>44462896
I'd say heavy bolters and heavy flamers with a few meltas/lascannons. Also Chainswords/eviscerators for everybody.
Also Stormtrooper Carapace.
>>
>>44463090
Won't being that heavy weapons centric damage mobility pretty significantly?
>>
>>44463437
If they have the strength to move and carry, no.
Even then, if they are outranging you, you aught to be running for your life, because you fucked up.
>>
So my current PC's in our Dark Heresy campaign have gotten the task by a Imperial guard general to request more backup to thier outpost from the nearby city. So what could some fun/interesting encounters be when they enter the guard/administratium building be?
>>
>>44463564
Alright, first, they need to get in line.
It extends for about 4 city blocks, and people are literally camped out, with a few seemingly dead people in it.
When they finally figure out how to get in the place without causing a fucking riot that the Arbites are itching to go full Maniac Cop on, who is gonna give them the time of day?
Their request will be "processed", then they will be bid good day, with the next person in line being called. The warband rapidly puts together that reinforcements will take a long time, and they need to light a fire under someone's ass.
>>
File: icametolaugh.png (138 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
icametolaugh.png
138 KB, 375x375
>>44462825
>power armor or relics
you forgot to mention free titans

>stick out like an erection on speedos
>big dick on the block with the silver bullet
>toys without effort
after you're done sperging, don't forget to kill yourself, you miserable pile of shit. What part of "proper tools for the job" you don't understand, you cunt?
I bet you agree with faggot like >>44462846 as well.

Accumulating influence and subtlety takes a lot of RP effort. If the system allows players to properly equip themselves with things to help them survive and succeed, then what's so bad about it? What's wrong with getting a plasma gun, anyway?

Are you so unimaginative, bland and worthless as a DM you are not able to handle encounters where players are equipped with anything better than a shovel?

Go on, tell me why players shouldn't use anything the system provides except lasguns, you pauper
inb4
>muh grittines
>muh dark future
>muh you don't need anything, just ask heretics nicely to stop doing what they're doing
>>
Wanting to do "boba fett" kind of character with forearm flamethrower weapon mounting with grav chute. Yay or nay? (DH2)
>>
>>44463835
>he's still posting
Hey, guess what? You can go on with your opinion, however faggoty it is, and Imma go play my game and have fun, because it's the best way to spite you.
>>44464084
It's gimmicky as fuck, on top of not being all that useful more often than not.
>>
>>44464084
Grav chute isn't a jet pack, it is more like a parachute without the cloth. Otherwise I guess it's fine, but it sounds more like you are describing a wish list for equipment than a character.
>>
>>44464084
Dude hydra flamer array, flying and pulling that out would be hilarious and terrifying.
>>
>>44464156
Well gliding in I guess I should say, as a terror tactic I think it has promise. Why does the character operate that way? Are they just a well 'arm bounty hunter with a tool for ever situation or is is a religious thing bring from a cult of fiery death angels could be fun.
>>
File: 1333875930795.jpg (96 KB, 381x500) Image search: [Google]
1333875930795.jpg
96 KB, 381x500
>>44464130
whatever floats your boat, man, just letting you know you're a piece of overreacting garbage with no vision apart from poorly-executed 'le grittiness'. Use it to improve your style instead of bitching.
>>
>>44464156
Noice!
>>
>>44464156

Well does it have stats? I cant find it in my book
>>
>>44464245
Enemies Within gimme a sec.
>>
>>44464130
Please adopt a tripcode so that I can filter you.
>>
>>44464274
I have a question. My GM has only the "dh2" book, core one. I didnt ask him if we can use supplements aswell but it would be cool, since in the core one much stuff is limited.
>>
>>44463835
>Go on, tell me why players shouldn't use anything the system provides except lasguns, you pauper

Subtlety goes down immediately, and no subtlety is mission fail 10 times out of 10. >>44462825 mentioned that. Git gud before baiting next time.
>>
>>44464300
>>44464212
Continue being mad on /tg/.
>>
>>44464315
Not every mission requires subtelty. Anyway, how would you respond to heretical cult with chaos marine commanding them? With flashlights? its fucking grimdark, go forcing to go sherlock everyone elsewhere
>>
>>44464315
have you ever realised people who cannot balance subtlety and gear shouldn't be playing?
Are you going to call pointing out obvious things bait? What's next? You're going to call me an autist?
>>
>>44464306
You know what you're a smart kid and my copy isn't hand go find it yourself or I'll get round to it at some point later.
>>
>>44464386
Thanks you pointed out that something like boba fett flamethrower exists anyway. <3
>>
>>44464415
><3
it's not reddit. lurk moar
>>
>>44464439
Just expressing my nohomo love to you dear fa/tg/uy :D
>>
>>44464370
If they are bold enough to engage in open combat - it's actually pretty simple, you mobilize the PDF and watch them wipe out the cult and the space marine with superior firepower. If they aren't - you sure as hell don't want to walk around waving your plasmagun - you'll force the cult to go deep underground/relocate leaving you with cold trail at best, get yourself killed by cult's agents at worst.

>>44464376
If you're this >>44463835 guy - you most definitely can not balance subtlety and gear and yes, you are better off playing RT or DW.
>>
>>44464370
>Anyway, how would you respond to heretical cult with chaos marine commanding them?
By not doing it yourself?
It's the D&D mindset that makes people think they need to go kill everything yourself.
If my group ran into a fucking csm, we'd bug the fuck out, tell our boss, and have him bomb the whole fucking place, or have him use his limitless resources to call up some trained murderboys to do a murder job.
At no point are you on call to go and solve everything by killing it unless that is exactly what you were ordered to do.
>>
>>44464479

But what if they are cut off from the boss and they are forced to?
>>
>>44464646

Then it's a shitty GM who is stealing player agency, and should not be GMing
>>
>>44464646
You still have inquisitorial acolyte insignia. More than enough to get the local authorities work for you.
>>
>>44464646
Anon, you DO realize that you basically need anti-tank equipment to kill a space marine?
A plasma gun is barely enough, and you will be dead before he is.
I've thrown csm at my players in the past, and they came up with some shit in order to take him down, but if the initial plan isn't FUCKING RUN, then they deserve to die.
>>44464689
Assuming they have something of the sort.
>>
>>44464718
well Eisenhorn made some nice trick with throwing book into EC's hands and then beheaded him.
>>
>>44464738
He was also obscenely lucky, and admitted such himself.
>>
>>44464718
Why wouldn't an inquisitorial acolyte, who knows he'll not have direct comms with his inquisitor, actually fucking get himself something as simple as his own ID as the member of the inquisition exactly for scenario where shit hits the fan and he needs to get to local command?
>>
>>44464783
Because having such ID is a question of the Inquisitor granting such a boon to the acolytes, not the acolytes making it happen.
>>
>>44464820
This, basically.
That is placing an outrageous amount of power in the hands of persons who may not be entirely vetted or could abuse that authority.
There is a reason INQUISITORS can carry the rosette, given as sign of elevation to the peerage, and it's not handed out to everyone.
>>
>>44464718
>A plasma gun is barely enough, and you will be dead before he is.

Assuming you have stormtrooper armor, none of that is true.
A good plasma gun will definitely wreck a Space Marine with all of its penetration.
>>
>>44464820
Then you either inform local authorities (PDF/Arbites), or your Inquisitor, depending on his pre-mission orders. But unless you got direct order to physically eliminate a CSM - you do not do that. You ain't an inquisitorial stormtrooper, you are an acolyte.
>>
>>44464873
If you walk around with plasmagun and stormtrooper armor, the cult will notice you long before you find them, and get the fuck out.

Mission failed, congratulations.
>>
>>44464469
jokes on you, faggot, I'm actually playing a low level DH campaign.
We're armed with little more than little more than a shotgun and two las pistols and I like it. This doesn't mean other equipment books provide should not be used.

See, your problem is you're a retarded prick who doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. You should shitpost elsewhere.
>>
>>44464873
hold on, are we talking about DH1 or DH2?
>>
>>44464873
>A good plasma gun
A human sized plasma gun in BC, maybe.
The OW plasma gun that DH2e is based on was brought back to DH1e power level, ie, fairly garbage, compared to a 1d10+10 pen 6 astartes bolter against YOU.
>>44464903
This.
>>44464909
>he thinks it's one person
Stop being a faggot.
Further, so long as you can get the shells, you are just fine with a shotgun and 2 pistols for suppressing fire.
You shouldn't expect a fire fight everywhere you go, and if you do, you ought to be shooting first and last.
>>
>>44464909
>This doesn't mean other equipment books provide should not be used.

You can use it, but it will have consequences (like subtlety drop), and cases where it is practical to use most of the very rare - tier stuff are just that - very rare.
>>
>>44464903

So why is the plasma gun even an option in the core book if using one auto fails the mission? Oh wait, it's just a buttmad GM who should be writing a novel instead.
>>
>>44464903
Even the book explicitly says low subtlety is not an autofail, but rather just a different approach with its own upsides

But nooooooo, there is no such thing as fire and brimstone Inquisitors in the grim darkness of the far future, amirite?
>>
>>44465122
For those very rare occasions where you are indeed ordered to go out and kill your suspect. Or for cases where your investigation takes place on the frontline, where a plasmagun will not trigger anyone amongst thousands of similar plasmaguns.Or for cases where your Inquisitor is already orbiting the planet in his cruiser, his men have local government under their thumb, planetary blockade is established, and you, the acolytes, indeed walk around heavily armed with orders to do anything and everything, including raising villages to the ground, SS-style.
>>
>>44465160
see >>44465198
>>
>>44462942
I've got a squad of four for backup. Rougue Trader (I believe there's only one edition, right?), only using core.

I'm armed with dual bolt-pistols myself. My previous setup had a pair of longlas for the longer ranged support, one plasma and one Melta.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>44465259
Alright.
The are support?
Best quality everything, tricked out the way you feel, red dots, preysense, nine yards, everyone in sealed carapace armor.
Someone ought to have a best quality sniper rifle, solid shell, with whatever ammo you want at the time.
2 should have the best full auto guns you can find, with the best ammo you can get ahold of, with ammo selectors.
The last guy should be special tactics. Flamers for crowds, plasma for hard targets, and something you didn't even think of, WEBBERS. Shit man, webbers immediately disable people on hit, do not discount 1+ rounds of free fuck you.
Everyone should have some manner of decent sidearm, and chainswords/bayonets, as well as a compliment of grenades, frag, krak AND SMOKE. Remember, these guys are supposed to get you OUT, not win the fucking day, so remember you need to gtfo.
>>
>>44465357
Awesome, thanks!

We're... we just started the first session to find ourselves broke as all geddout, so tricking them out might be hard. I'll take this into advice for the longhaul though. Also they are for a strike force/all purpose backup, any other suggestions/changes with that in mind?

Also we just got what I believe to be an abhuman that looks a whole lot like an ork and talks a lot like an ork. Might actually BE an ork. Also he's a pilot.

What should I do with him?
>>
>>44465581
Is he big and muscular? Cause then it ought to be an Ogryn.

A very smart Ogryn, if he can pilot... Check for bodypaint, just in case.
>>
>>44465615
Body paint?

Also he's not like... Ogryn size, just got a lot of ork-like slight mutations. Like toothy facial structure.

I just made our new Captain drink some wildsnake
>>
>>44465667
>Body paint?

Well, if he is an ork in disguise, he ought to have painted himself not-green...
>>
>>44465581
>any other suggestions/changes with that in mind?
Tone it back a bit.
Fortunately, you can make dat bread, and the basics aren't too expensive.
Also, looks like an ork, talks like an ork, does he pilot like one?
Because I think he's an ork.
>>44465667
>I just made our new Captain drink some wildsnake
Irl or in-game?
>>
>>44465715
He did know how to use the weird ass consoles on our boat awful well. Which was... odd. He said he'd worked on this model before.

Speaks some wierd mashup of fringe fringe imperium and orkish. Also he claims to be from a hive world on like... the other side of the galaxy.

I certainly hope he doesn't fly like a goddamn ork.

>>44465715
In game. Poor Nobleborn took it as well as possible. He passed my first-mate's inspection.
>>
>>44461864
Play an eldar pc in rogue trader
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>44464415
Right here you go and listen to the other Anon and stop being obnoxious.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>44466008
And the other half.
>>
>>44462061
Where in the book does it say you can sacrifice 1d5 influence to get items? I really need to get my hands on a power field so I don't get ganked.
>>
>>44466050
The part that says "Losing Influence".
>>
Intentionally or not, how Khornate is your character?
>>
>>44466967

Not at all, heretic scum
>>
>>44466967
Not especially. Why do you keep asking that?
>>
>>44466008
>>44466031

>fear rating and better cone of fire

Thanks for another well balanced item, FFG
>>
>>44471780
Its range is less than pitiful.
>>
What's a good one-handed gun for point blank death when some git thinks he's really clever, disengaging from my melee character?
>>
>>44472029
bolt pistol>>44466008
ty mate :) i wasnt ironic
>>
>>44472102
>:)
I bet you'd also vote to have emojis adde to chans
>>44471278
I think he just uses it as an excuse to show off his chainsword limbed abomination
>>
>>44472029
Hack shotgun loaded with flame or acid rounds.
>>
>>44472029

lucifex from op links
>>
>>44472029
Inferno pistol
>>
Could anyone clarify how dark-sight trait works?
Does it merely amplify low-light conditions and removes associated penalties or allows vision in an environment, completely devoid of light?
>>
>>44472029
Digital infernal pistol

>>44473763
Assuming DH2e
>A creature with this trait sees normally even in areas of total darkness
>>
Has anyone ever had his group run as Arbites or any non-Inquisitorial investigators for DH?
I feel like being Acolytes gives them too much power and I think making them Arbites would be fun in that they gotta solve crimes while keeping themselves off the inquisitions trail (since being discovered would be certain death).
>>
>>44476577
The easy way to get around giving acolytes too much power is to punish them when they mention who they're with. Even mentioning the Inquisition is a big deal, and slipping up by saying you're with them puts up so many warning flags to those you may be hunting that they may just disappear. At least in my games, heretics have their own networks that are on the look out for such things, and when my acolytes try to throw their weight around I make sure they feel the consequences of it.
>>
I've been wanting to make a gun like the laser musket from Fallout as the sniper weapon for my imperial guard regiment and I'm not sure how to balance it.

I'm thinking something like having the accurate trait to begin with, then a crank powered special rule, does like 1d10+3 E damage and pen of 1 with a range of 90m, and takes a half action to crank it. Once it's charged it may be cranked additional times, each time increasing the damage and pen by 1, the range by 10 and gives it a rank of Felling, up to a maximum of three extra cranks cranks, which would give if a total damage of 1d10+6 E damage, a pen of 4 and a range of 120m, and Felling (3) after spending 4 half actions to charge it up.

Does something like that sound balanced?
>>
>>44477510

There's already laslocks statted. Two, in fact. Neither give anything as good as felling.
>>
>>44478119
With one crank this one is basically an improved laslock, it does one less damage, but has 1 point of pen, and 20 meter longer range.

But the point of this gun isn't to replace the laslock, or even fill the same niche. It's replacing the longlas in this regiment's arsenal. The longlas has felling(4) normally.

With this set up you have a lot slower rate of fire than a longlas offers (one shot of full power after two full actions as opposed 40 round mags with one full action to reload that) but more pen and damage, with a 30m shorter range.
>>
>>44466008
>heavy robes
>while spraying fire everywhere
>>
I'm about to get into Deathwatch. What are some things I should know before making my character? I've never played before, so I don't know what I should do.
>>
>>44478791
>He doesn't have faith in the emperor
>>
>>44478884

One thing I noticed is the advanced specializations often lead to "too much of a good thing" unless you're taking them to shore up a weakness. For instance, an assault mareen won't benefit from Champion as much as, say, a tactical or devastator will, since the assault mareen already gets assaulty stuff from his specialization, and the only reason to go champion would be the gear in that case.

Now that all four of my players have become Consuls, this was one of the things a few of them noted.
>>
How does communication happen in the 40k universe? I'm in an RT game, and playing a Seneschal. I want to build a spy network. Except I feel that this means that I would never have messages sent to me - because the Imperium doesn't have FTL communication other than psykers.

Or is there some alternative I'm not aware of?
>>
>>44479207

spess pigeons
>>
>>44479239

And seriously?
>>
>>44479207
you could use post ships, of course, hire planet hoppers that travel as passengers on smuggling ships or something. Alternatively, get Astropaths, or at least have some you can use as service.

>>44479239
good thing that was posted.
>>
Got my first Black Crusade game in a few weeks, played a little DH but that's about it. Anything specific I should know about character creatiokm or the game in general?

Would appreciate any advice.
>>
>>44479811
Play a psyker and buff your willpower into oblivion. Other than that go nuts.
>>
>>44462008
>with actual penetration

FOR YOU
>>
>>44479811
Lots, here's some advice
1. You are an evil son of a bitch who worships powers which genuinely want to destroy the universe, accept that.

2. Being weak is a great way top become dead. Knowing when to stand up to others is vital, otherwise you will be dominated.

3. Know when NOT to stand up to others, at least directly. Don't smart mouth the guy with a battlecannon pointed at your face, he's holding the cards right now. Turn his friends against him instead, and kill him in his sleep.

4. Know that you are not invulnerable (yet). Your fancy Power Armour and Unnatural Toughness might make you feel like a wrecking ball, but those are small protection against many thing in many foes arsenals.

5. Realise the benefits of working in a team. The other game lines have damn good reasons for the players being together and working together. Despite first appearances, the same is true of Black Crusade. There is a strength in numbers, and overlapping fields of expertise. Sure the other guys want to rule the universe as well. Good. That means they have ambition. Ambition you can use. Yours is not a "job" or a "team" but an alliance. The quickest way to power is to work within this alliance. The quickest way to death is to provoke them into killing you.

6. Playing a Khorne Berserkewr is a great way to piss of the entire rest of your group. Unless you're all playing devotees of Khorne, in which case BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

7. Psykers are bullshit powerful. Force Storm is a telekinesis power that does 1d10 + Psy Rating * 3 damage, hitting like full auto. So if you push (and my God, will you push), that could rather easily be 5 hits at 1d10 + 18.

8. Slaanesh can also be ludicrously bullshit. There are a LOT of ways to boost social skills, and the Tome of Excess is full of some ludicrously bullshit crap for them. While Nurgle gets to stand around with his rotten dick in his hand.

9. Betray your group in minor ways. Small concessions, but sufficient.
>>
>>44478884
Please, PLEASE learn how the chapter you choose to represent conducts themselves, and how they interact with other chapters.
That is the meat of the rp of the game, politics between astartes and how they come up.
>>
>>44462033
I pity you, tryhard
>>
>>44480947

You should definitely have the group roleplay item acquisition, even if they succeed.
Just saying "okay you got it" is lame shit.
>>
>>44481913
Depends on the item. If it's an RT's Seneschal buying 3,000 crates of lho from an agri-world, then that's not exactly interesting or exceptional beyond tracking down a lho merchant, haggling him down, and throwing money at him. Now, if the PCs want to equip every one of their armsmen with void-carapace, assault lasguns, and power mauls? That's going to demand a lot more involvement and roleplaying.
>>
>>44481913
I agree with you, anon, but this should be done in moderation, while the earlier post suggests EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T A LASGUN SHOULD BE RPED HURR DURR.
Session only lasts for so long and time is very valuable. If you swamping your session with roleplaying aquisition fillers is the best you can come up with, don't bother DMing
>>
How would you stat an energy weapon with the ability to fire in a constant beam? Just have a high full auto rate? Do any special rules make this possible?
>>
File: not_guts_by_lokmanlam-d5qr3dt.jpg (99 KB, 900x609) Image search: [Google]
not_guts_by_lokmanlam-d5qr3dt.jpg
99 KB, 900x609
Question for you all.
One of my players is thinking of making his character go under Marine training augmentation.

What would be a the fluff reasons he could of can't do it?
I'm kinda tempted for it to happen.
>>
>>44482151
The Styxks in RT have a weapon like that. Light gun or somemat. Its stated out in one of the RT books.. Beasts of the Expanse or something like that.
>>
>>44482214
How old is the character?
Initiates are usually young.

Training and everything to be a marine takes years and years afterwards.

Then he's bound to serve the chapter. They don't just hand out geneseed like candy.
>>
>>44482214
The augmentation (READ: Complete physical, chemical and mental transformation) not only takes years to complete but also requires the subject to be very young (11-14 years old I believe).

So, to quote Yoda:

"[Your player's character] is too old. Too old to begin the training."
>>
>>44482428
>but also requires the subject to be very young (11-14 years old I believe)

Nowhere is it said to be required, though generally yes they are that young at their induction.
Nothing lore-wise says an adult can't become a Space Marine.
>>
File: 1450757656568.jpg (174 KB, 788x1014) Image search: [Google]
1450757656568.jpg
174 KB, 788x1014
>>44482296
>>44482428

He's 47. I ask because I remember reading a comic of initiates that look older and burly before taken on to be part of the Blood Angels.
>>
File: cryptek.jpg (116 KB, 870x554) Image search: [Google]
cryptek.jpg
116 KB, 870x554
New GM here, I'm in a dark heresy campaign as a player for a while now and we mostly fought heretics and chaos worshippers, and sometimes a few orks and eldars.

So our GM would like to play a bit and I would like to introduce an opponent we never had to face, and was thinking about 'crons. However I'm not a necron expert and some of my players are kinda fussy about the fluff so I would like to know if the storyline/context seems credible to you.

So here's the rough outline :

The group is sent to a civilised world with rather few population but an important mining industry (and a very unstable seismic activity) to investigate about the death of an informant who worked for the inquisition.
So to make it short they can discover that the guy was investigating on a magos who is overseeing an important mining facility.

While digging the workers found a really old xeno structure, which is actually a necron (minor) tomb heavily damaged by millions years of earthquakes and other natural clusterfucks. So basically the "core" of the structure was damaged, resulting in a massive energy loss and almost everything going "off" (including the stuff/thing that allow necrons to repair themselves), the tomb chosing to use the few energy left to maintain the local lord (or cryptek) "alive" so he could find a solution.

So the magos finds the tomb and the damaged lord, thinks it's pretty cool and that he can handle it and he should study it without telling his boss. Of course the necron finally manage to put a control chip or similar in the techpriest's head, making him ordering powerful sources of energy from the mechanicus so the lord/cryptek can adapt them to supply the tomb core.

The final fight being the players facing the necron (and some modified servitors) before he can "plug" the tomb.
(the lord/crypted is supposed to be really weakened because of all the damages and the fact that the tomb's repair-thing is broken, to justify the players kicking his ass)
>>
>>44482705
>because of all the damages the tomb endured
>>
>>44482705
>>44482742

Sounds like a good enough outline, though make sure not to go too hard or they'll be fucked up
>>
>>44482446
>Nothing lore-wise says an adult can't become a Space Marine.

Kor Phaeron was too old. Luther was too old.
>>
>>44482446
It's pretty much stated everywhere that recruits are young, therefore it is reasonable to assume that one has to be young to become a Space Marine.

They're not going around recruiting guys in their 20's, 30's and later.
>>
>>44482929

It says the Emperor claimed he was too old, but whether that was because it was impossible or unwise is unclear. Logically there's no reason an adult couldn't undergo the same genetherapy.

>>44482937

The Marines don't accept people under the age of 35 I believe. Does that mean people above 35 couldn't ever become Marines?
No, of course not. Choosing children and teens has more to do with molding them mentally than it does with physical requirements.
>>
>>44482882

Ok thanks, I was not sure if the "energy loss" part was coherent

>though make sure not to go too hard or they'll be fucked up

Don't worry, I'm usually quite lenient
>>
>>44482266
Alright, I'll check it out
>>
>>44482988

Horus Heresy books say Kor was biologically too old to receive the full treatment
>>
>>44482214
IC, it's highly unlikely any of your PCs would know.

When he gets there he's either too old (very likely), too weak(also likely) or if he is accepted then his character effectively retires from whatever you have going because he's oathbound to the chapter now and hypno-conditioned to ensure he stays loyal.

If you want a SM in your party they pretty much have to arrive as a Marine, for whatever reason.
>>
>>44482937
An absolute requirement is academic. If the chapter doesn't want recruits beyond their teens then there's not much you can do to change their minds.
>>
>>44483282
>then there's not much you can do to change their minds.

I could just pay the GM money to have him make it so.
>>
>>44483243

Page number, or are you just gonna pull that shit outta your ass?
>>
>>44483401

>By the time the XVII Legion was united with its
Primarch, Kor Phaeron was too old to undergo the full implantation process, but so favoured was he in the eyes of his Primarch that he
received the most potent of biological augments it was possible to bestow upon a man short of elevation to the Legiones Astartes, and was
declared First Captain of the Word Bearers Legion.

>Kor Phaeron was too old to undergo the full implantation process

Page 249, Horus Heresy Book 5 Tempest

Suck shit with your ebin "citation needed" meme.
>>
>>44483541

I just look on that page and ones near it and it doesn't say that shit anywhere.
Just posting a page number and some shit you made yourself doesn't win you an argument.

In anycase, this is the RPG thread, not a lore thread so lets keep this shit on topic.
>>
>>44482214
Even having an idea of the process would take forbidden lore (Adeptus Astartes).
>>
File: fuck you.png (945 KB, 623x864) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
945 KB, 623x864
>>44483943

so you're illiterate too. Got it.

The next thing you'll say is "Nice photoshopped page."
>>
Not enough Spess Mehreen games. And when they are its always Chaosfags.
>>
Would I be out of place requesting to play a Space Marine in part of an Inquisitor's retinue? Could be Deathwatch, or from a more pious chapter, or an honor boon. I don't like playing them in a party of Space Marines because I feel like Astartes are better written when they're forced to interact with their mortal counterparts. Very fish out of water. Or weird abhuman mentor in some cases.
>>
>>44486012
Space Marines are boring as shit to play unless the group has good chemistry, though. That goes for both loyalists and CSM, and I'm speaking as someone who has GMed Deathwatch. Why would you subject yourself to playing Deathwatch with randoms? You know it's 80% likely to devolve into power wank and UNLIMITED MEME WORKS instead of getting to the actual interesting parts, right?
>>
>>44486777

Because I enjoy playing Space Marines and don't focus on the wank or memes. Of course I usually see them interacting with the Imperial power structure itself, and normal humans. There are (some) good Black Library books where they don't behave like meat robot 'demigods' - the original Horus Heresy trilogy comes to mind, or ABD's stuff. Uriel Ventris I guess though McNeil is sort of a dirty word around here i've noticed.
>>
>>44486777
>UNLIMITED MEME WORKS
I like the way it sounds.
Consider the following: if group is shit, any game will be garbage. I believe Deathwatch suffers from the same issue like OW does, except OW is actually crap.

>>44486774
Deathwatch core has a guideline of adapting Deathwatch characters to DH1 and RT and vice-versa.
>>
>>44487881

Why is OW bad? I've only played one game of it, with vets, and they .. pretty much acted like they did while still in service.
>>
File: BloodQuest.png (4 MB, 1280x1910) Image search: [Google]
BloodQuest.png
4 MB, 1280x1910
>>44482474
Since I'm assuming you're not in the Great Crusade, that's going to be impossible.

Even Luther and Kor Phaeron, who were already old men by the time the Emperor came to them, had some radical gene-therapy to even approach Astartes, and that's something that nobody in the present would probably know.

>pic related, it's BloodQuest. Sure, they're kinda tall to be 12, but they're certainly not that beefy.
>>
>>44486774

Depends on the party. If you are all low level you'll outshine them and make them useless.
>>
>>44491157
>you'll outshine them and make them useless
Only in combat.
Dark Heresy has a lot to it other than fighting.
>>
What would forbidden lore (adeptus administratum) or (bureaucracy) entail?
>>
I've never played Rogue Trader, but I'd like to.

Can someone hook me up with the reservoir of rules, references and general guides ?

Names of books help, links help even more.

Also where can you find good Rogue Trader games?
>>
>>44491877
Check the mega in the OP.
>>
Is there a lasgun equivalent to a shotgun?

Also what makes the Krieger lasgun pattern different from the standard model?
>>
>>44492329
Shotlas

It is S/-/- 1d10+5E clip 35 5kg and average availability. In overcharge, it gains unreliable. In overload, it gains overheats and unreliable.
>>
>>44492375
Are those stats for the shotlas or the Krieger pattern lasgun?

What's the shotlas from? Which book?
>>
>>44492434
Krieg lasgun.

Shotlas is from Rogue Trader Hostile Acquisitions, so it needs some updates.
>>
>>44492463
Why would it need updates? I thought everything worked together from the the games, they even had like conversion charts for moving characters between systems.

What kinda work would need to be done to make all the stuff play nicely together?
>>
>>44492613
It is before the addition of the scatter quality for one.

They are interchangeable, but some need updates for newer rules like how the flame quality in RT is the flame and spray quality in OW
>>
>>44492781
How do the shotguns work without scatter?
>>
>>44493046
the shotlas gains bonuses more or less equivalent to the new version of scatter. since it was published in RT, which uses the old Scatter, it does not have the scatter quality.

it works just fine porting it to other versions, as long as you are aware of what changes between the different games
>>
>>44493046
Wait, RT did have the scatter quality, but during OW, it got errataed from additional hits to bonus damage and to hit.
>>
>>44493127
Which, incidentally, I'm not a fan of because it's a lot weaker and less interesting than the ludicrous number of hits a full-auto shotgun could land in the old rules.
>>
>>44493916
Pretty sure that is the reason for the change.
>>
>>44491719

Its fun seeing a Marine have to rely on others for anything outside of direct combat or military matters.
>>
>>44486774
See>>44491719 and >>44495052
It takes a competent GM to make them balanced, run a campaign more like a detective story than a dungeon crawl.

A space marine can be more of a burden than an advantage. Trying to be inconspicuous looking for details and such when even if you get recon armor or take the power armor off and put civvie clothes on, a space marine is still a seven foot tall hulk of a man with the social skills of a baked potato.
>>
>>44495197

>with the social skills of a baked potato

Not entirely true, depending on your build you'd have stuff like Charm or Command, but I imagine a wise GM might leverage penalties if your Astartes is trying to sweet talk information out of space jive speaking galactic gangsters.
>>
>>44495052

My Deathwatch players sometimes feel like the last sane men in a completely batshit sector. The truth is they more or less are, but going native as time goes on. One of them became a Consul Delegatus, so troop assistance and relations should be a mite easier.
>>
How do you handle hiding things under clothes like trying to conceal that you're wearing a flak vest under a set of imperial robes?
>>
>>44488929
Blood Angel recruits can probably be a bit older than most since they use their own version of geneseed implantation.

They pretty much leave their aspirants in a coma, lock them in coffin with an IV of nutrients and Sanguinus' blood for a year and they come out ready for scout training. Or they wake up too soon and go insane from being buried alive. Space vampires and all that.

I'd still expect them to be in their teens at oldest though.
>>
Does anyone know of a pdf of the Battlefleet Gothic books? I've checked the liks here and in the 40k general and couldn't see them.

I want to do some more background reading for an navy character I'm working on. I've read the fluff in BF Koronus but more material to draw from is always nice.
>>
>>44495500
is there any reason you keep tripfagging on an anonymous image board apart form burning desire to be be a pathetic attention whore?
>>
>>44499254
Seconding this question.
>>
How does unarmed melee attacks work in dark heresy 2nd E?
>>
>>44499528
the same as noremal attacks. unarmed damage is like D5-3+SB pen 0 prim, But with talents you can bring that up to D10+SB tearing, which is sweet
>>
>>44497816
use yer noggin: if it becomes a thing, opposed stealth/SoH vs awareness or scrutiny, with bonues to either size depending on item bulk ect
>>
>>44499637
>But with talents you can bring that up to D10+SB tearing, which is sweet
>rearing

TFW you can literally rip and tear
>>
>>44499637
>>44499712
It actually is a slightly lesser form of tearing in that instead of rolling twice, you can choose to reroll.

Unsure if Unarmed Specialist removes the -20 to parry attempts while unarmed
>>
>>44499637
>>44499712
It's not actually tearing, you just have the option to reroll the damage. If the second roll is lower you have to keep it.
>>
>>44499767
but can you upgrade your fists with the Proven upgrade? Enemies Within has this option and it can be taken many times
>>
>>44500095
Since when is the proven weapon quality an upgrade you can just apply to weapons?
>>
>>44500169
sorry, my bad. I think it is a talent, either in enemies within or without, which can be taken multiple times
>>
>>44500403
There isn't anything like that.

Are you sure you're not thinking of something homebrewed.
>>
Does anyone have good stats for Tau fire warriors and Crisis suits? I am planning on having my PC's encounter a small Tau recon cadre while they are exploring a planet. And with the enemies without book there are finnaly Tau weapons in Dark Heresy
>>
>>44500484
Deathwatch core has them.
>>
Has anyone ever tried to fix the Only War points buy system for regiment creation (not the random rules, I'm not a fan)? It's such a cool idea, executed in such a sloppy (and unbalanced) way. :<
>>
Anyone ever run campaigns that were (more or less blatantly) inspired by either a movie or vidya or a book? 40k lends itself pretty wel to that
>>
>>44500484
DW, BC, OW cores, RT Tau splat and some tohers should have them as well.
>>
How much damage would it cuase to crash an Arvus lighter filled with explosives into a bio titan? My RT group wants to give it a final goodbye before they haul ass out of the sector?
>>
>>44501359
That depends on what kind of explosives

But honestly, it's a Bio Titan. It most likely won't even put a dent in it.
>>
>>44500837
I'm planning to do something that draws heavily from the Sprawl-trilogy, or at least Neuromancer. High tech, hive life, all that jazz.
None of my players have read it yet, so it might be fun.
>>
>>44501398
I wrote down last session what they placed inside of it:
>A crate of 4 melta bombs
>An entire crate of explosive rounds
>4 drums of promethium
>A few frag grenades
>and a single bolt shell blessed by the local priest
>>
>>44482446
IIRC 3rd ed. SM codex said that the indoctrination couldn't take place after puberty.
They modify the natural maturation process to support the augmentations.
>>
>>44501442
Yeaaaah that'll be just a mosquito bite.
>>
>>44501510
So I shouldn't bother with rolling anything? Should I just give them a detailed description of what is happening on the pict feed before they jump to warp?
>>
>>44495272
Undercover SM chillin' with the homiez? I didn't know I had this fetish.

>His power armor has been stolen
>His battle-brothers have abandonned him
>He's on the hide from the enemies of Mankind
>To get his equipment and honor back and unravel the terrible conspiracies that plagues the hives of Cronius IV, he must go where no Astartes has ever gone before.

>This fall, Brother-Sergeant Augustus is A Space Marine in the Hood.
>>
>>44501398

It also depends on if you're using RAW for explosives or not. Prometheum, for instance, does 1d10 per kilogram, 4m per kg. A standard 55 gallon drum would contain, on average, 193 kg of prometheum. Four of these would be 772.

So 772d10, Blast 3088. So, a 3km blast zone of average 4,246 damage. That would kill the Biotitan, the surrounding army, the supporting army, and leave a fair dent in the world.
>>
>>44501442
It's 20 tons of armor and fuel (if they fought about refuelling it beforehand) impacting at 1600km/h. How big of a boi-titan are we talking about ? Hierophants are only 15m high if memory serves, so in my book it would be shished, even with 40k figures.

On a sidenote, the ordnance placed inside won't do much by itself unless one of them has correct demo knowledge or thought about arming the explosives.

>>44501533
Since it's not covered by the books, I would roll the damage under the screen with a 1d100 against a difficulty of your liking.
If you want to describe it in detail, you can use the vehicle critical damage tables (8-24 & co.) from the OW rulebook to know where and how badly you've hit him (critical damage equalling to twice the number of degree of success)

If they're remote-controlling it you can let them do piloting skill checks for keeping the flyer on target, though.
>>
>>44501884
It's also severely retarded because then by RAW the Imperium should just drop Promethium barrels on all its enemies. Like, that is "WHAT WERE FFG THINKING?" tier rules-writing.
>>
>>44501925
I'm fairly sure Bio Titans are the Titan-sized über-monstrosities that can take macrocannon fire
>>
>>44501960

That is true and inarguable. I don't think they understood the concept liquid densities and weights.

Just saiyan, the option, however nonsensical, is there.
>>
File: biotitan.png (1 MB, 878x618) Image search: [Google]
biotitan.png
1 MB, 878x618
>>44501977
They don't seem to be that big (though they're quadrupedal, unlike regular titans, so I don't know how tall they woudl be on two feet)
>>
>>44502015
you still haven't answered why are you attentiong whoring like a faggot you are, m80ty
>>
>>44501977
I'm not sure that there is anything less than starship scale that can take macrocannon fire
>>
>>44472366
I wouldnt. Stop being so edgy mate.
>>
>>44485806
You fucking owned that troll. Good job anon!
>>
File: starflare vents.png (694 KB, 719x793) Image search: [Google]
starflare vents.png
694 KB, 719x793
What's your favorite book out of the Fantasy Flight shit?

Mine is Hostile Acquisitions because it includes shotgun lasgun, automatic lasgun that uses two magazines at the same time, and an illegal modification for plasma weapons that turns them into plasmathrowers.

Keep in mind that this is Rogue Trader era stuff, so for application in Only War, either replace the Flame quality with Spray, or just add Spray if you think a bolt of plasma should still light people on fire.
>>
File: Omnissian Rod.png (1 MB, 1401x875) Image search: [Google]
Omnissian Rod.png
1 MB, 1401x875
>>44505471
Lathe Worlds.

Because Tech Priests weren't already close enough to Demigods.
>>
Does Rogue Trader have rules for Eldar, Tau and Orks normally, or is everything for that in The Fringe is Yours?
>>
>>44506030

Orks are Into the Storm. Tau are Tau Character Guide. Only official eldar are dark eldar in soul reaver
>>
>>44505638

The techpriest wank was always kinda annoying in Dark Heresy.

I mean, SOB got to shoot lasers like it was Nanoha or something and yet Techpriest still managed to be more heavily wanked.
>>
>>44505471
Creatures Anathema. It was the first time I felt that this monster HAS to be the antagonist of the next mission no matter what.

Also Tynd Alois.
>>
Why is the only copy of shield of humanity a shitty scan instead of a true PDF like the rest?
>>
>>44506121
>The techpriest wank was always kinda annoying in Dark Heresy.
Incredibly so, to the point where I can't hear the word 'Lathe' without wanting to spit. It especially got annoying when the techpriest wank spilled over into Only War and Rogue Trader. Fuck the Crimson Guard with a haywire cannon.
>>
>>44507185
Fucking Crimson Guard and getting so much good shit just from a career advancement.
>>
We are gonna start a Black Crusade campaign today but most of us havent played it a lot untill now. me aswell so i wanted to ask what your experiences with possesed player characters and how easy it is to get rid of the daemon with an excorcism.
>>
What's the best introduction to the system?
Like a simple Cadian campaign or somethings?

I always feel like Only War would be the most simple to get used to playing with the system.
>>
Has someone made a comprehensive list of all the weapons, armor and items that are in the game in a single quick reference guide?

What's a good program for doing such a thing because I would give it a try if it does not exist.
>>
>>44510094
There is already something like that on the rpgtools link in the OP, but it hasn't been updated as of recent.
>>
>>44510276
Oh thanks.
Does it have vehicles and starships included?
>>
>>44510331
Yeah, sorted in the bestiary section.
>>
>>44509745
OW is Imperial Guard all day every day.

If you want introduction, play dark heresy.
>>
Would it be reasonable to say that a shotgun could be modified to fire bolter rounds and (for whatever reason you thought it would be a good idea) vice versa?

A 12 gauge shotgun is .73 caliber nominally, and with how small the 0.02 of an inch difference between that and a .75 caliber bolter round it could be done.

I know Hostile Acquisitions has a modified bolter shell that's been messed with so it can fit in a shotgun exists, but what about a permanent conversion to the gun to change it between shotgun shells and bolter rounds?
>>
In DH2e at least, when using counter attack after parrying some but not all of a swift or lightining attack, does the counter attack trigger before or after the attacker's damage rolls?
>>
>>44466967

me so khorny
>>
>>44510598
That'd be at least a -20 trade (armorer) extended test with at least 12 successes over however long you deem it takes to modify the receiver or just make a new one.
>>
>>44510276
I was hoping for something more laid out in simple lists like they are in the rulebooks, that kinda table, then with pages of explanation of the weapons following each one.

You know something like pic related
>>
File: Lathe World weapons.png (1 MB, 1103x961) Image search: [Google]
Lathe World weapons.png
1 MB, 1103x961
>>44510712
>i forgot my pic
>>
>>44510598
IIRC, one of the splats already allows shotguns to fire bolt shells, though it makes the shotgun Unreliable.
>>
File: Modified bolt shells.png (313 KB, 717x529) Image search: [Google]
Modified bolt shells.png
313 KB, 717x529
>>44510702
What would you say a good difficulty would be for modifying bolter shells for use in a shotgun?

Would it make sense for a revolver that fires bolt shells to be able to chamber shotgun shells without modification?
>>
>>44510834
Yeah, it's a modification to the bolt shell, not the shotgun though. See >>44510836
Unless you're talking about something else.

I think it would be reasonable for a shotgun converted to take unmodified bolter rounds to have the same loss of reliability, the advantage here being that you no longer have to take time to modify each shell, just put them in the ghetto-bolter and shoot.
>>
>>44510712
>>44510753
The spreadsheet in the Mediafire armory link is closer to that; it's got the special rules summarized off to the right of each item entry. I don't know if anyone's done a compilation that has the full text/fluff descriptions copied from the source.
>>
>>44510902
You want a gun that uses two very different types of ammo.

There is a very easy way (that already has rules), and a comically stupid way to do that.
>>
>>44510957
What would be a good program for doing such a thing?

I don't really care for how the spreadsheet is broken up by what book it's from, and includes duplicates of the same gun just because it's from different systems. I'd like to make basically an extra Armory Book that has the most recent version of every weapons and such just together in a list like you would see in a normal rulebook, apply updates to things that need it due to being from older rulebooks, like giving las weapons from before Only War the variable settings rule and such. Then have the discriptions and stuff included.
>>
DH2 What's better? Hot-shot lasgun or a boltgun? I want an upgrade to my standard lasgun
>>
>>44507491

How do you play black crusade if you're not going for demon prince/spawn, ie Night Lords or Alpha Legion
>>
In DH2, the aux grenade launcher rules kinda bother me. Do you think it would be too OP if I allow my players to use a full action to reload them in the field, but they need to requisition special grenades for it as normal (not their normal hand held grenades), and the ammo can't be thrown (ie they need to requisition grenade rounds that only work in the launcher).
>>
>>44512016
Boltgun. Hotshot lasguns...aren't shit, per se...They just don't really perform well enough to justify the ammo backpack and their niche of fucking heavy armor is better performed by plasma anyway. Meanwhile, bolters are almost as bulky, but kill mooks in 1-2 shots, have a library of variant ammo, and are a balance of strengths that merge into a hell of a workhorse. Their only real drawbacks are that their ammo is rare, they're shit for Subtlety, and are loud as shit.
>>
>>44512016
Hotshot for anti-armor, boltgun for general purpose upgrade.
>>
>>44512466
Honestly? I'd just make it work roughly like it does IRL. Reload of 2 full and can use (almost) any throwable grenade, firing them through compressed gas cartridges.
>>
File: Grenade launcher what.png (350 KB, 748x279) Image search: [Google]
Grenade launcher what.png
350 KB, 748x279
>>44512466
Just make it use regular grenades and full round to reload like how it was in every other system that had it.

It is by far one of the most baffling rule changes FFG did for a piece of equipment.
>>
>>44510552
Wouldn't Imperial Guard be easier though? Let you have more managed and contained campaigns than Dark Heresy allows, good for beginners.
>>
>>44514182
I agree. And in my OPINION, the regiment creation system does also have the benefit of letting the players and GM decide, up front, what kind of game they want by designing their regiment from the ground up. You want a gritty and grimdark and shitty slog through the mud? Play a mass infantry regiment of walking lasguns. You want a 'standard' IG story? Play Cadians. You want Space Blackadder? Play nobleborn. You want to turn things into an action movie? Play grenadiers. Etc. The regiment creation system isn't especially balanced, but it doesn't need to be, since it's primarily a tool to decide your campaign's tone and primary strategy.
>>
>>44512565
which one's the better rule
>>
>>44515443
The one on the left.
>>
>>44515443
Having to make a new acquisition every time is just plain retarded. It's a grenade launcher for fuck's sake, what, does the launcher need to be partially disassembled to be reloaded?
>>
My party's having some issues where the Sister player feels a bit left-out/ignored by the mouthy party face- and unsure what to do. How do I make them feel welcome?

And what sort of trouble should I throw at them when they go down into the Malfian underhive in the middle of a gang war between cultists of [Redacted] and [redacted]? What sort of generic enemies and problems make sense for an underhive expedition?
>>
>>44515407
How's the vehicle system in Only War?
Is it fun to deal with?
>>
>>44462896
Make sure to have at least one or two people armed with hotshot lasguns. My personal favorite weapon in the games. That armor penetration laughs at everything up to Terminators in the RPG AND the wargame.
>>
>>44492329
I don't know if it has been statted out, but it's supposed to feel more like a bolt-action rifle because muh trench warfare. It hits harder, punches through armor better, has a slightly longer recharge time between shots to meta-simulate the time it takes to work a bolt-action, these harder shots mean it burns more energy per shot, so a pack from another lasgun holds less ammunition and they even went out of the way to give it more wooden furniture and a longer barrel for the visual aspect.

If the Cadian-standard lasgun can be referred to as the space M4, then the Kreiger-standard lasgun is supposed to be the space Lee Enfield, but it looks (and acts, based on the book portrayals of it) like a space M14.
>>
>>44517456
Hammer of the Emperor.
>>
>>44517456
>If the Cadian-standard lasgun can be referred to as the space M4,
Honestly, I'd compare it more closely to a space AK-47. Old, solid, dependable, not the best weapon out there, but you can abuse it however you like and it'll likely still fire, and in fact it's fairly likely to retain an operational lifespan of several centuries. And it's easy to make and thus you can find one basically anywhere in the galaxy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.