[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can /tg/ recommend me a good ruleset for tactical NON-MINATURE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1451266145099.jpg (533 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1451266145099.jpg
533 KB, 900x900
can /tg/ recommend me a good ruleset for tactical NON-MINATURE OR HEX cqb combat?

rainbow six type squad breach and clear urban operations. what's r9k got
>>
>>44454295
*tg

it all blends into one place after a while guys
>>
>>44454295
> tactical
> minis

Pick two OP. Positioning is the bases of tactical combat. You can't theatre of the mind that stuff.
>>
>>44454295
what's cqb?

>non-mini
....so nobody ever moves?
>>
>>44454295
OP I struggle to understand how you expect to have any in-depth tactical combat at all without any sort of table top visual aid. Descriptive narrative will only get you so far. Any game would consist of basically cross-examining court room hearings.
>>
>>44454680
Close quarters battle?
>>
>>44454295
Phoenix Command, which you can find in /hwg/.

Also, Skirmish Sangin for whenever you man the fuck up play a minis game.
>>
>>44458068
>the only thing more convoluted than gurps
>>
>>44454680
what >>44455248 said

as in, nodal combat or outright automated. To simply the paperwork when the emphasis is strategic campaign play involving target selection and force composition

>>44458068
looks interesting, appreciated
>>
>>44459575
Using "zones" would still require tokens of some sort, is what im saying. Anything that reqyires distinction between positions kinda needs a mini
>>
>>44459791
miniatures wargaming is associated with mechanics you know damn well are not associated with "zones"
>>
>>44459915
So are you allowing tokens?
>>
>>44459999
(^:

what I want to avoid are point-based, ruler or hex or grid movement wargames that function primarily in an open environment using squads of miniatures that fight as a unit. Tedious and repetitive
>>
>>44460015
Well there's a lot of options. Too many to give an answer. So with the assumption that you narrowed it down further than that, It just seemed to me that you were disallowing physical representatives of any kind, which would explain your general lack of replies.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.