[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you don't play Ultramarines you might as well just play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 17
File: UltramarinesWarrior2.jpg (9 KB, 185x200) Image search: [Google]
UltramarinesWarrior2.jpg
9 KB, 185x200
If you don't play Ultramarines you might as well just play Orks as they are the only chapter that matters. Every Marine wishes he was an Ultramarine, their tactics are superior and they will most likely save the Imperium from Chaos and Tyranids at some point. They are true warriors of Mankind and Emperor's chosen and that's a fact. Matt Ward is a god.
>>
>>44450079
>Matt Ward is a god
HERETIC
>>
File: 840px-Blood_jaguar.png (1 MB, 840x1200) Image search: [Google]
840px-Blood_jaguar.png
1 MB, 840x1200
>>44450079
>Matt ward is a God
>worshipping others than the Emperor of Mankind
Throne.. How heretical can you even get, Heretic?
>>
File: Vulkan.jpg (69 KB, 583x855) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan.jpg
69 KB, 583x855
No, no, it's alright.

It's not like you get everything handed to you, without constantly getting shat on by the fluff like some chapters.

Just remember who wasn't big enough to make a second chapter at the second founding.

Entitled bastards. At least you have your primarch's corpse.
>>
>>44450079
>Every Marine wishes he was an Ultramarine, their tactics are superior

Then why does your pic make it look like he can't figure out how to load his damn gun?
>>
>>44450305
>holy_shit_a_bolter.4ants
>>
>>44450079
Fuck off Matt
>>
>Like Imp Fists
>can be summed up as "second to Ultramarines in everything"
>>44450296
Salamanders are cool if my best bud didn't play them I might have
>>
>>44450296
at least their primarch didn't leave them for no real reason

typical black father leaving his children
>>
>>44450425
Different anon, but they are my favorite chapter. They have more than one "thing", unlike most of the other chapters, y'know?
>>
>>44450504
yeah not only they are scallies but they are also niggers
>>
I've asked this question a million times and I'll ask it again

What's the appeal of playing humans in a setting where ZOMBIE SPACE ROBOTS and PSYCHIC FUNGUS ORKS are a thing
>>
>>44450596
The Astartes are not just humans but SUPERHUMANS.

And the regular humans do have the "root for the underdog" thing when facing DAEMON POWERED SUPERHUMANS, ZOMBIE SPACE ROBOTS and PSYCHIC FUNGUS ORKS and crazier shit.
>>
File: hurr durr im so awesome.png (7 KB, 331x350) Image search: [Google]
hurr durr im so awesome.png
7 KB, 331x350
>>44450596

When everyone is a special snowflake, the only way to be unique is to be mundane.
>>
>>44450596
because blatant terminator ripoffs are disgusting and orks are a shit, shallow race for faggots
>>
>>44450683
wow you sound pretty angry
>>
>>44450648
>And the regular humans do have the "root for the underdog" thing when facing DAEMON POWERED SUPERHUMANS, ZOMBIE SPACE ROBOTS and PSYCHIC FUNGUS ORKS and crazier shit.

yeah actually you're right
>>
>>44450425
>Imp Fists
More like Limp Fists, amirite?
Fucking tablet.
>>
>>44450662
>dat stealth Nurgle worship

Found the heretic.
>>
>>44450596
Because none of the other races(besides possibly orks) have a whole lot of that "human" element. You can't have survival horror as a mindless bug, or a killer robot who fucks physics in the ass, or a demon who only wants to murderfuck everything. Now, you CAN survival horror if you put a human against any one of those things.

Also tanks. Lovely, lovely tanks.
>>
>>44450683
>Terminators had Egyptian stylings
>Terminators had been buried in tombs for billions of years
>Terminators served primordial star gods
>Terminators were originally aliens who fought against the ancient race who created humankind
>Terminators had personalities and could go insane

All that implying. I don't even really like Necrons but you are talking shit.
>>
>>44450870
All that is Newcrons. Most people see necrons still as the Oldcrons for some reasons.
>>
>>44450079
Are you having fun trolling? At least they're biting today. Also, way to save the thumbnail
>>
>>44450079
>you might as well just play Orks as they are the only chapter that matters

ORK CHAPTER, AWAY!
>>
File: GK.jpg (719 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
GK.jpg
719 KB, 2560x1440
>>44450079
>not having a geneseed from the emperor
>not having the best equipment
>not having a chaos conversion rate of 0
>not being all powerful psykers
>not having god Kaldor Motherfucking Draigo on your side
I mean, I understand why your blue. Being sad is understandable for being an Ultramarine.
>>
File: lamenters_by_lynxc-d4ka151.jpg (632 KB, 798x1074) Image search: [Google]
lamenters_by_lynxc-d4ka151.jpg
632 KB, 798x1074
>>44450079
>
>Implying self congratulatory smurfs are better than hopelessly cursed underdog goodguys of the 40k universe
>>
File: 1448629590783.png (38 KB, 1147x263) Image search: [Google]
1448629590783.png
38 KB, 1147x263
>>44451435
"We iz da Empra's Greenest!"
>>
>>44451876
>not having the best equipment

it shows because the guy you posted isn't a Minotaur
>>
>>44450683

All races (and stories) in 40K are shallow. No one is playing the game for its deep and intricate plotlines and characters.
>>
>>44450079
Too bad their fleet is shit compared to the First Legion, they don't even operate as a dispersed Legion, they don't have secret areotech, their Primarch isn't alive, and they don't fly around in a Death Star-sized space cathedral.
>>
>>44451876
> best equipment
> no grav weapons, melta guns, plasma guns, astartes sized lascannons, astartes missile launchers, centurions, drop pods, storm talons, or non-draigo storm shields.

Yeah, keep dreaming
>>
File: WelcomeToDie.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
WelcomeToDie.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>44452119
Well you can't save anybody when you're dead, now can you?
>>
>>44452200
Roboute is just as alive as the Lion they're both in stasis after being mortally injurred, except it took fucking Fulgrim to take down roboute while the Lion got ganked by a decrepit pseudo marine
>>
>>44451876
>>not having a chaos conversion rate of 0
1 Read the books. Asshole fell to Khorne.
>>
>>44452168
how are Eldars shallow?
>>
>>44452273
>Guilliman
Is in a stasis field, he can't heal as that's just a myth because time is FROZEN for him. If he wakes up, he bleeds out.

>Lion
Not in stasis or mortally wounded. As per the Dark Angel Codices, he is completely healed and was simply sleeping outside of a stasis field. Now he's waiting for his time of need to pop out of the heart of the Rock and probably forgive Luther.

Also, Luther was on the same level of Horus. He was empowered by all four Chaos Gods and became their backup.
>>
>>44452321
Did he immediately become self-immolated by the aegis? Because that's what the armour is designed to do in case of psychological corruption.

>oh, you thought it was to just ward off daemons and spells?
>>
>>44452332

They're boring and uninspired ELVES IN SPESS. Listen, I get the appeal of 40K. That doesn't mean that the general story and settting isn't pants on head retarded and, yes, shallow.
>>
File: images (45).jpg (31 KB, 521x283) Image search: [Google]
images (45).jpg
31 KB, 521x283
>>44452243
Not with that attitude and lack of zeal
>>
File: 2E-Necron-Rules.jpg (611 KB, 1088x1600) Image search: [Google]
2E-Necron-Rules.jpg
611 KB, 1088x1600
>>44450425
>>can be summed up as "second to Ultramarines in everything"

Well, that's not true at all. They're better at dying.

And maybe building walls or something I guess.

>>44450945
Only the last one is an exclusively Newcron thing - and even then, not really, as the Oldcron codex stated outright that some of them held onto their minds. Otherwise:

>Egyptian stylings
Always there to some extent.
>had been buried in tombs for billions of years
Again, always there (although it's millions, not billions, but that doesn't matter).
>served primordial star gods
Present in Newcron fluff but only as part of their history, while it was one of the defining features of the Oldcrons in both past and present.
>were originally aliens who fought against the ancient race who created humankind
Oldcrons as well (perhaps moreso since their fluff gave much more attention to the Old Ones rather than just using them as a disposable scapegoat enemy, but that's not especially relevant either).

To be fair though, regardless of everything else, they were obviously conceived as blatant Terminator ripoffs. "I'll/We'll Be Back!" and such. It's just not their only thing.
>>
>>44452430
Oh, so their armor doesn't work the way it's supposed to either.
>actually, I'm pretty sure he wasn't in his armor for the majority of the books

But that fucker definitely, willfully killed in the name of the blood god. A lot.
>>
>>44452209
>lesser weapons.
You don't see marines having lasguns in their armory either.
>>
>>44450079
FUCK YOU ULTRASURF!
>>
>>44450079
t. Albertuvius Barbosa
>>
File: 65.jpg (685 KB, 1236x1613) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
685 KB, 1236x1613
>>44452430
>Did he immediately become self-immolated by the aegis? Because that's what the armour is designed to do in case of psychological corruption.

No, the meme goes that it's wards carved into their bones. And in both cases
>[citation needed]
>>
>>44450079
Because Nids will win in the end so all other races are just food.
>>
>>44452991
>lesser weapons.
>Literally the best weapons in the imperial armory

And you wonder why C:SM is a ton better than GK. Have fun trying to consistently pen high armor or punch through AP2 at range. Oh wait, You can't.

It's a sad day when Ultramarines and their Conclave cast Psychic powers better than Grey Knights.
>>
>>44453377
>And you wonder why C:SM is a ton better than GK. Have fun trying to consistently pen high armor or punch through AP2 at range. Oh wait, You can't.
>It's a sad day when Ultramarines and their Conclave cast Psychic powers better than Grey Knights.
I hate the GK, but if we're being fair here, it's not their fault GW blows ass at translating fluff to tabletop crunch.
>>
>>44453377
range is for blue balled pussies like a typical ultramarine. Might as well paint your skin same as your armor and join the tau.
>>
>>44454091

World Eaters and Night Lords had blue armor and they were pretty choppy.
>>
>>44454132
anon you're ruining my bantz. Pls.
>>
File: Chapeters.jpg (245 KB, 582x557) Image search: [Google]
Chapeters.jpg
245 KB, 582x557
Did someone say ULTRAMARINES?
>>
WE MARCH FOR MACRAGGE
>>
COURAGE AND HONOR
>>
>>44454639
No, I'm pretty sure this thread is talking about Dark Eldar.
>>
>>44454784

NOBODY LIKES YOU, XENOSCUM
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.