[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, friends and I are considering starting up a Shadowrun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 32.jpg (901 KB, 1488x994) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
901 KB, 1488x994
Hey /tg/, friends and I are considering starting up a Shadowrun game. At the moment who shall DM is up in the air but it'll probably be me. Anywho, does anyone have any advice for DMing, characters or just the system in general?
>>
>>44445968
Shadowrun is a convoluted system, so make sure you read and understood the rules before going in.

You might want to dedicate the first session to play the quick-start with pre-gen characters, just to let everyone have a taste for the system.

Afterwards, start slow with only the core rulebook and only add to it at a later point.
>>
>>44446427
It seemed alright, at least the main mechanic seemed fine. I can see what you mean with the priority and skills and such. I was making a test character (May play if not DM) and I wanted to make a sneakthief kinda guy, not too good with combat, but always knows a guy, has a plan, or can macguyver his way out of situations. Any must have skills for that? I went full skillmonkey but yeah, help is apprectiated.
>>
>Playing Shadowrun

You will want to invest in one of these ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n8LNxGbZbs
>>
also shadowrun general?
>>
>>44446790
It's over at >>44446873
>>
>>44446790
Sure, go nuts.
>>
>>44445968
Two most important ones I can give are:

If you're new, split up the rules workload (assuming you don't have a that guy that cheats). In our group, we had me who learned all the augment and combat rules (like, besides just basic, like all the called shots and martial arts and stuff), we had our Decker learn the hacking rules, and he was always there to help the rigger who learned all the vehicle/drone rules. Our MysAd who was the most familiar with the system learned magic, and worst case we'd just use GM arbitration, even if he only all the fields on a surface level, and we knew the details.

Now we're at the point were most of us know ourselves inside and out, and have a pretty solid grasp on everyone else's mechanics.

Secondly, agree on what kind of game you're all planning to go into. The hardest part of getting our group going was that two of us were building for pink mohawk, and two were black trenchcoat.

After two runs of arguing the whole time we picked up a technomancer, dumped the decker, and settled on a pink trenchcoat. All the action of pink mohawk with all the every real consequences.
>>
I got the game two years ago, and two weeks ago I felt comfortable running it
>>
>>44445968
Read the book extensively.
This is the only way to survive.
>>
>>44445968

Most important thing in running anything related to cyberpunk: include at least one character named Decker. Bonus points for wearing a trenchcoat, standing in the rain and perpetually smoking.
>>
>>44446703
lul'd
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.