[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: PFO.jpg (79 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
PFO.jpg
79 KB, 500x375
So, the MIRRION DORRAR kickstarter was two years ago.
Is this thing going anywhere? Serious question, I've heard nothing about it since then.
>>
>trusting kikestarter
>>
>>44443744
>trusting kickstarter
>trusting paizo
>>
Oh no, like hell I give my money to that. I just want to keep informed on things.
>>
That looks awful. What was this meant to be?
>>
>>44443896
A scam.

>>44443886
The development studio doesn't exist anymore. Technically its three people without an office and a server box that cucks pay an 'early enrollment' subscription to 'play.'

Its dead Jim and it was never alive to begin with.
>>
>>44443929
Haha Goblinworks already closed?

I remember how it was hailed as the second coming of Christ.
>>
>>44443929
sounds like money laundering.
>>
>>44443744
So when a kickstarter goes belly up, do they get to keep the $ even if they deliver nothing?
>>
>>44444027
Yes. We don't call it kickscammer for nothing.
>>
>>44444080
I thought we called it Kikestarter.
>>
>>44444240
Kikescammer has many names.
>>
>>44444027
Yes, although it usually goes belly up because they squandered the money and have managed to go bankrupt. There are occasions where they just back up and skip town though.

Honestly, all you need is a bit of common sense to tell the difference between someone who knows what they are doing but just needs funds, and someone who is just feeding you drunk ideas with no idea how to deliver. When it comes to games, the thing to look for is how much they have done already, and how good of a coder they are. If the guy shows you code stuff and has a prototype that looks ugly as sin and needs money for mostly music, art, and modeling, then it's a safe bet. If it's some art guy who shows you a few pretty images and renders of what "the finished product will look like, trust me guys" then you stay the hell away.
>>
>>44444027
Yeah, because you're technically not obligated to pay back your investment - Kickstarter is a platform for crowdfunding, not preordering.
>>
>>44444384
>investment
Wrong.
>>
>>44444342
>releasing in development source code for proprietary software

What kind of idiot would do that? Certainly not one I'd trust with any money.
>>
>>44444429
What? I think you read my post wrong.
>>
>>44444486
>If the guy shows you code stuff
>If the guy shows you code stuff
>>
>>44444571
How is evidence of a working prototype for networking or engine code the same as unveiling the entirety of your source code? This seems like you're making a rather large assumption with that. It's like thinking you need to run a DNA test every time someone asks to verify your ID.
>>
>>44444429
Think of it this way: if there's a demo, you can feel a lot safer.

Shovel Knight was the perfect example of this.
>>
kek, thanks for reminding me about this
>>
>>44444342
The guy running this (Ryan somebody) had also been done for fraud previously, I think.
>>
who thought a pathfinder MMO would be good? even if it delivered on all the features it promised (none of which seemed realistic at all) it's still using Golarion, the shittiest DnD setting since Eberron
>>
Oh yeah, this shit. Honestly, as a Pathfinder player, all I can ask is why not just play a D&D MMO if you want to play a shitty cash grab instead of shelling out money to an even shittier cash grab scam?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.