[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stuck in an mmo plot >no NPCs, just other players sucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Master Transmuter.jpg (195 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
Master Transmuter.jpg
195 KB, 667x1000
>stuck in an mmo plot
>no NPCs, just other players sucked in
>idyllic fantasy land with a gleaming castle
>series of dungeons that must be beat to stave off the apocalypse Majoras Mask style
>fighting gives xp which can level up physical attributes
>skills are trained the old fashioned way
>world isnt held in vidya stasis though
>all the food quickly gets eaten because no one is farming the fields
>the monstrous animals that got genocided early cause a food chain collapse
>all the PKing ends up destroying the city irreperably
>within a month the fantasy land is reduced to a wasteland populated by super powered assholes convinced the next guy will kill him for the xp

Could this be a good campaign?

Pic unrelated, on phone
>>
>>44442499
Oh, and this would be a Die in the Game Die in Real Life kind of deal.
>>
>>44442499
It is an interesting setting.
But how would you compose a party out of paranoid superpowered assholes?
>>
>>44442625
Isn't that what high level D&D/Shadowrun/GURPS/anything is anyways?
>>
>>44442625
Start them at the begining

Informal guilds
>>
>>44442499
I'd definitely play a Druid in that game if I had foreknowledge of what would happen. Sounds fun, except for the part where PVP gives EXP since I haven't seen a single game that does that.
>>
>>44442499
it would be interesting, but not necessarily fun
>>
It would depend on how it ended up being ran. I could see it ending up as a post apocalyptic vibe, with after the whole murder frenzy people having to figure out how to live in a world they have zero experience in.

I just got the mental image of a large band of players gathering to defend a small handful who actually fished/farmed/brewed while it was still a game and now are the only ones who can actually feed themselves and otheres.
>>
I wonder how it would end when you realize some idiot by then would have figured out the duplication glitch prevalent in most/all games at one point.
>>
>>44442499
>within a month the fantasy land is reduced to a wasteland populated by super powered assholes convinced the next guy will kill him for the xp
Sounds like your typical roleplay group.
>>
>>44442668
>I'd definitely play a Druid in that game if I had foreknowledge of what would happen. Sounds fun, except for the part where PVP gives EXP since I haven't seen a single game that does that.
Nigga have you played any big name MMOs in years? I don't blame you if that's a "no", they're pretty shit these days.
>>
File: BarrenEarth.png (150 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
BarrenEarth.png
150 KB, 700x394
>>44442499
I think that'd be a very unique and interesting campaign. It'd let you do a lot of creative things with the setting, since the game world wasn't really designed to be "post-apocalyptic," but has gradually become somewhat like it over time.

Some idea I have for the setting:

In-universe, make long time delays between each dungeon, so that stories and 'culture' can develop outside of everyone frantically rushing to complete the dungeons

I'd suggest having different factions form, with different goals and such. Maybe one is obsessed with completing the dungeons, and kills indiscriminately to gather food and strength, all for the 'greater good' of completing the dungeons and staving off the apocalypse. Maybe another could be a group of players who are trying their hand at farming, who are trying to survive until their crops grow/defend them from hungry other players. Maybe another is a faction headed by a single dictator who has managed to obtain a large secret cache of food, and is using it to compel obedience out of his followers. And of course there's going to be lots of lone wolfs and groups of 2-4 roaming around.

Anyways, feel free to use or not use any of my ideas, just be sure to make sure its great!
>>
>>44442499
Never seen an MMO plot go like this, could be good.

Surprised it's not getting much traction.

What if you threw in some fetish bait? What if there were like, Primordial Beasts that show up every once in a while with special souls. Killing them allows you to open up unique powers, transforming your body in the process.
>>
>>44446245
You killed the thread.
>>
>>44447414
Thread was already dead

You cannot kill that which is already dead
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.