[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BBEGs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 3439753_orig.jpg (75 KB, 400x569) Image search: [Google]
3439753_orig.jpg
75 KB, 400x569
My players are about to encounter the BBEG for the first time in our campain, only had two sessions which has been them traveling upriver on a ship, having to stop once to fight some beastmen who ambushed some crewmen while hunting, (Its a long fuckin river) and once to raise some drawbridges. The BBEG is a lich, dressed ... fancifully... think italian renassiance and he leads this doomsday cult or whatever, so really what I guess I'm asking is, what do you as GM do to make your BBEGS particularly memorable, or as a player when did the BBEG make a particularly big impression on you? Thx. (Also as a side note, it may seem like I'm railroading with the whole river thing, but its two of my players first time, (only one non scrublord) and I'm trying to ease them in, should I not do that?)
>>
>>44435309
Is this Heart of Darkness with a Lich Kurtz?
>>
>>44435357
Thats actually amazing, and a surprisingly accurate comparison save for they aren't trying to get him, they don't even know he exists yet, he just happens to be in the way.
>>
I like to make it personal. Make the bbeg take a big shit on them, directly. Burn down their hometown. Steal the necklace their dying mother gave them. Kidnap their girlfriend or whatever. Cast a curse on them. Just give them a reason to hate him besides "he's evil and is doing evil things"
>>
One particular demon made a very literal, permenant impression on my party's knight. The demon infected the knight's arm, which would grant him a surge of power at the cost of losing control of himself and going berserk for a while. We now forever fondly remember the demon whenever the knight uses that special power.
>>
What the fuck is a bbeg.
>>
>>44435690
Big bad evil guy
>>
Needs more bling
>>
>>44436270
What is that.
>>
>>44435662
Isn't that just the mark Ashitaka got in Princess Mononoke?
>>
>>44436428
The main villan as if that could not be deduced *scoff*
>>
>>44436459
Yes.
>>
>>44436555
That's dumb.
>>
>>44435357
Damn now I really wanna run a campaign like that. Though I'd try to push players towards slaughtering the Kurtz-like character like this

https://youtu.be/Gv2sSLU8PJk
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.