[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Being a BBEG >Plotting inside your evil castle, with your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: EAf1dWC.jpg (110 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
EAf1dWC.jpg
110 KB, 1280x800
>Being a BBEG
>Plotting inside your evil castle, with your evil minions and your confy, evil sofa
>Fucking heroes burst in
>Their druid bites you
>You're now a werebear
>You're now Lawful Good
>yfw

3.5 Alignments are scary.
>>
This might be the worst unintentionally bad thread ever.

Trolling I can accept to a certain degree, but when someone actually tries to make a good thread and instead makes this, it just makes me realize there's some seriously, genuinely stupid people who somehow figured out how to type and solve captchas without developing any other mental processes.
>>
>>44431643

Actually as a character concept this is pretty dope. DnD alignments are pantsonhead, but if they're around an evil thing forced to become good and commit acts of heroism is a trope subversion I can deal with and could even be done well with a good roleplayer.

>>44431702
>so salllllty
>>
>>44431795
See? This thread, even without OP trying, was going to attract the absolute stupidest individuals, the people who can't really claim to be sharing their thoughts because they simply never have any, to come along and offer the closest thing they could produce that they would call their insight.

It's sad to watch you try. This is the kind of thread that makes me glad we can hide them.
>>
>>44431702
Wow, I did promise myself not to abuse the word "edgy", yet I don't think it would be out of context in this situation.

>>44431795

Suppose so. Yet, maybe using one of those spells from the Exalted Deeds would be a better "now your evil soul is purified" schtick than "apparently your being a bear makes you fight for justice".
>>
>>44431890

>claims to hide threads he doesn't like
>continues monitoring thread to shitpost

stay classy

>>44431931
It being an alignment shift that only happened during transformation could be interesting. Or gradually as the phases of the moon waxed/waned.
>>
File: 1375492797413.jpg (99 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1375492797413.jpg
99 KB, 600x900
>>44431643
It seems this situation would be unbearable.
>>
File: tired of your shit.png (522 KB, 589x467) Image search: [Google]
tired of your shit.png
522 KB, 589x467
>>44433063
>>
File: mace.jpg (4 KB, 121x126) Image search: [Google]
mace.jpg
4 KB, 121x126
>>44433063
>>44433132
but does he retains the ability to bear arms?
>>
Bumping once out of petty spite.
>>
>>44433836

>Pawing this desperately
>>
File: All Hail the Hypnotoad.gif (79 KB, 303x198) Image search: [Google]
All Hail the Hypnotoad.gif
79 KB, 303x198
>Change Alignment (Su)
>Prerequisites: Alchemist 12, infusion discovery
>Benefit: Once per day as part of his preparation of infusions, the alchemist can brew an infusion that shifts the imbiber's alignment to good. This change in alignment lasts for 10 minutes per alchemist level. An unwilling creature receives a Will save to resist this change. The alchemist may have only one such infusion at any one time.
>The effects of this infusion may have serious repercussions for a creature suddenly struggling with a new outlook. Many see it as little more than forced insanity, and some good faiths outlaw its use.

>Change Alignment, Greater (Su)
>Prerequisites: Alchemist 20, change alignment discovery, infusion discovery
>Benefits: The effects of the alchemist's change alignment infusion become permanent and can only be reversed by a wish or miracle. A permanent, forced change of alignment may be devastating, and some believe it is little better than zealous slavery or mind control. Others consider a good alignment brought about by any means but purity of heart an affront to freedom. This discovery remains controversial at best.

Alchemists, no sense of right and wrong!

Could a society that employed powerful alchemists to forcibly shift the alignments of criminals to Good be considered Good-aligned itself?
>>
>>44434501
Huh, that last part is an interesting question. I would say no, as that is effectively brainwashing, and that is an evil act.
>>
>>44434501
Depends on the GM.
>>
>>44434684
But you're not harming them (probably). You're making them better people. and in doing so, you also benefit society as a whole by doing it. And therefore, since it is a net positive, isn't that good, not evil?

And I mean, a lot of criminals are doing what they believe they need to, or maybe even what they believe is right. It's pretty rare for a person to actually be truly Evil. Would the infusion actually do anything to most people?
>>
>>44434684
>>44435112
and I'm sure making them incapable of committing violence of any kind is also good
>clockwork orange logic
>>
>>44434684
>>44434501
The problem here is that in the real world this would not work because there is no one-size-fits-all morality that we know of. Everyone kinda does their own thing, even within religious groups and philosophies.

In the fantasy world though, good and evil have been defined by the makers of the world. So obviously in that society it will work.
>>
>>44437359

>In the fantasy world though, good and evil have been defined by the makers of the world. So obviously in that society it will work.

That's what I'm getting at. In a world where Good and Evil are actually quantifiable forces, is forcing Evil to become Good through non-violent mind-alteration a Good act?
>>
Werebears are only lawful good on the full moon.
So they will black out and commit random acts of good will one night a month.
>>
>>44437526
>>44431643
The Dark Lord has a dark and terrible secret. He has been hunting down anybody that would spread rumors about the truth, in a vain attempt to keep keep his reputation.

But when the full moon rises, he cannot resist the urge and bear upon himself the full power of Magical Girl Ursa.
>>
File: carlos.png (157 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
157 KB, 425x282
>>44431643
That's a pretty grisly scenario, OP
>>
>>44439299
>Not using grizzly

You're slipping Carlos. Get your shit together.
>>
>>44434501
>>44437359
>>44437496
THE REAL QUESTION:

Do the people the potions have been used on agree with potion use?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.