[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would having Dale as your dm be like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: POCKET SAND.jpg (91 KB, 312x504) Image search: [Google]
POCKET SAND.jpg
91 KB, 312x504
What would having Dale as your dm be like?
>>
>>44411367
Sexy as fuck.
>>
>>44411367
The campaigns would be very focused on political intrigue conspiracy and maybe interdimensional threats if those are a thing
>>
>>44411367
>Every NPC is secretly working for the government
>>
>>44411367
Have him run Unknown Armies. It'll be fine.
>>
>>44411367
>Quiet! The wizards can hear the real world.
>>
>>44411367
One thing to know with him as the GM: never take jobs from political or government figures like kings, barons, etc.

They will inevitably screw you over.

I know it would be completely out of character, but it would have been fun for there to have been an episode where Hank, Bill, Boomhauer, and Dale reveal they used to DnD back in the day and they decide to dust off the character sheets, maybe invite the family

Hank wants to encourage Bobby to roleplay his character with sensible choices, but Bobby wants to minmax.
>>
>>44411551
To be fair, an episode where Bobby discovers roleplaying and Hank has to learn to accept that his enjoys a pastime he used to bully people over would be right in line with the show.
>>
>>44411678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj7a4bTegco

He isn't allowed to hang out with those friends anymore. Them boys ain't right.
>>
>>44411852
You mean the guys who thought they were actual warlocks
>>
>>44411871
The term is roleplaying anon. Visit /x/ more and you'll understand these sorts of people.
>>
>>44411852
I saw that episode and all the others and >>44411871
has the right of it.

Those kids were early 20s and had actual animal blood to drink. They were trying to work real magic, they were not pretending.
>>
>>44411899
I don't think they were role playing
>>
>>44411971
Animal blood from a vet.
Did you actually watch it? None of them drank it. They were trying to get Bobby to drink it. It was their weirdo hazing thing. They're a bunch of wannabe warlock posers who hang around in the basement playing stuff like Magic the Gathering and other /tg/ related wizard stuff.
Search your feelings neckbeards, you know it to be true. This is how a lot of people perceive you.
>>
>>44411367
He'd award XP for coming up with insane conspiracy theories in-character.

"Those things your put your feet through when you ride a horse are called stirrups. Their true purpose is sinister."
>>
>>44412058
Did you actually watch it?

Bobby was brought into the fold because the leader offered to teach Bobby real spells when he saw Bobby predicting fortunes with Tarot cards.
>>
>>44411367

I'd want him to run a Shadowrun campaign.
>>
>>44412096
He could have been crazy. He could have been recruiting a kindred spirit into his card-playing, wizard pretend club. He was probably a bit of both.
I understand you've probably never been invited into groups before, but sometimes you'll encounter people that stay in character all the time.
This is King of the Hill anon, that's as close as you're gong to get.
>>
>>44412170
I used to be into occult stuff and had friends for doing rituals with.
That KoTH episode was a fucking savage satire on those kind of people.
>>
>>44412330
>my friends and I pretended to summon spirits and stuff
>Now my friends and I summon spirits and stuff, but we use weird dice too.
Have fun with your roleplaying anon?
>>
>>44411899
>/x
I was there once, i left in q I te the hurry.
>>
>>44412385
I learned enough meditation, chanting and crazy people stuff can make you star hallucinating.
Now I just use dice and it's been much better for my sanity.

desu, half of the /x/ folks are roleplaying and the other half are deadly serious but have schizotypal or some other kind of mental illness. Handful of the folks I know from those days are now in and out of mental institutions.
>>
>>44412470
I mean, I've never got the whole "everyone into the occult is roleplaying" meme.
We accept that mentally ill people can have hallucinations or delusions, why can't we accept that those are the same kind of people who would get into summoning spirits and stuff?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.