[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /tg/. Just started playing Traveller (the Mongoose one) today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: JetBlack.jpg (168 KB, 626x474) Image search: [Google]
JetBlack.jpg
168 KB, 626x474
Hi /tg/.
Just started playing Traveller (the Mongoose one) today and rolled a Combat Implant in muster benefits, but can't find it anywhere in the interwebs.
Does anyone know what that thing is?
>>
>>44409775
I have a player who rolled it and we decided that it means any combat related implant.
My player got wounded during chargen, so we choose an endurance improvement.

tl;dr talk with your GM about your ideas of a combat implant.
>>
>>44409835
Like those expensive augmentations? I doubt my GM allows it, but I see what you mean. Many thanks!
>>
The book tells you what all benefits mean on pages 34 and 35

Combat Implant: Gain any one of the following augmentations
(see page 89): Skill Augmentation, Wafer Jack, Subdermal Armour
or Characteristic Augmentation. You must take the lowest-TL
Augmentation of that type. If you roll this benefit again, then you
may either take a different Augmentation or the upgrade one you
already possess to the next higher TL.
>>
>>44410118
That's not the Mongoose version.
>>
File: trav1.png (46 KB, 239x437) Image search: [Google]
trav1.png
46 KB, 239x437
>>44410275
Yes it is.
>>
File: 2.png (21 KB, 433x169) Image search: [Google]
2.png
21 KB, 433x169
>>44410356
>>
>>44410275
Not that guy, but yeah it is. Mongoose specifies what everything means, I think just before it talks about aging etc, or just after
>>
>>44410371
Wow, thanks!
Now that we are talking about that, is it common to end with mediocre characters? I mean, I retired at 50 after being an inspector, a bounty hunter and a patrol officer and I just have a pair of maxed skills and a breathtaking debt.
>>
>>44411133
Pretty much. Midlife Crisis innnn spaaaace is a pretty good descriptor of Traveller.
>>
>>44411133

In addition to what >>44411262 said, skills are pretty chunky in Traveller. Someone once did the math and found that each point in Melee(Blade) increases your odds of successfully hitting about as much as 3 levels in Fighter over D&D way.

Also, a character with few skills should still be generally competent as an adventurer. Luke Skywalker was statted in the old Citizens of the Imperium book. His skill list? Pilot 1.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.