[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MOLAB (Making out like a Bandit)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1449436325098.png (294 KB, 723x1021) Image search: [Google]
1449436325098.png
294 KB, 723x1021
Have you ever had "The" score to end all scores in a campaign? I raised an army from a single graveyard.
>>
>>44408926
Sneak attack one-shot BBEG we were not supposed to fight directly.
Earned castle with attached medium-sized town, shitton of money, some sweet magical gear, and GM's resignation.
>>
>>44408926
>I raised an army from a single graveyard
How effective would this be, realistically? Most actual mass graves of armies will be on or near battle-sites, and civilian graveyards will most commonly have people that died of accidents and natural causes. Even plagues will tend to be in special graveyards used because of the sheer number of the dead.

This means a substantial portion of your army should be the fragile skeletons of the elderly or infants. We can allow for more middle-aged and young people dying because of the pseudo-medieval technology, but that also means a shit ton more infant skeletons. And a lot of what you get will have broken, rotted, crushed, etc. bones too. You have to consider numbers too: the largest cemetery in the world is Wadi-us-Salaam and is estimated to have ~5 million bodies in it, but your average graveyard is going to be much, much smaller than that.
>>
>>44408926

Killed the BBEG at the climax of his evil ascension ritual with one shot... from an RPG.
>>
>>44409182
D&D or something else?
>>
>>44409196
To one shot the BBEG with an RPG, I presume it would have to be something pretty darn heavy.

Maybe a complete GURPS collection? That certainly would do it.
>>
>>44409182
>>44409461

Night's Black Agents
>>
I fought an army of drow while on the back of a giant undead spider exoskeleton I raised and alongside another.
>>
I readied an action to hit the boss as it charged at me (Its tactics that still hit us like god damn fucking trucks) Ended up cutting it in half.
Best part it was Two Weapon Fighting Kobold Ranger so it was about leg level.
>>
>>44409562
Pretty thin volume dude. I'm not convinced that would one-shot anything.
>>
>>44408926
Today we killed a dragon. In WFRP. Made a little over 2000gc, found an unknown magical item and won the respect and adoration of Karak Kadrin.
>>
>>44408926
Techpriestess found a partially working STC fragment.

Turned that shit in exchange for part shares of a moderately-sized corporation/guild and a raider to comfortably retire upon.
>>
>>44411414
Nah, small books make for better one-shots.
>>
>>44411756
Well I agree that if it's smaller it's much more likely to be a one time thing.
>>
>>44408996
>and GM's resignation
the greatest prize of all
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.