[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meanwhile on fantasy /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 40
File: 1347249637166.jpg (919 KB, 2500x1406) Image search: [Google]
1347249637166.jpg
919 KB, 2500x1406
Meanwhile on fantasy /tg/
>>
>GM makes homebrew setting
>It's generic no-magic firepunk
Why is firepunk the worst setting?
>>
Anybody know how to best approach forest folks for a quick game? I've been traveling for a while and they really like games over here, but never heard of Hazards & Humans
>>
>>44399087
Because there's more than fire when in comes to power in real life, such as water and wind mills. There's so much more you could do with the genre firepunk is boring.
>>
>>44399100
Use hazards close to home. Something they can relate to. Farming, Hunting, avoiding predators, and so on. Use city life only every few sessions to spice it up.
>>
>>44399124
>>44399087
What the fuck is firepunk?

Like stone-age shit?
>>
>My GM brought his elf to the session
Gods, why are elves such fucking cucks? Seriously all he did was be helpful and gobble the GMs cock.
>>
Anybody has that story about the drunk elf who thought it was a good idea to infiltrate a dwarven fortress?
>>
>>44399191
It's a genre where everything is powered by fire. No seriously.

Carts, siege engines, even the fucking giant eagles. It's not even magic fire, it just uses combustible materials.

It's also always utopian and everybody has a magical globe (powered by lightning, powered by fire), yet there's still war and battles are ten times bigger.

It's universally shit.
>>
>TFW stuck on this dumb fucking quest with these idiots I met in a tavern a month ago.
>We keep traveling from town to town doing odd jobs
>Can't even get a decent game of Mazes & Monsters going, because we never stay anywhere long enough.

Man, fuck this dungeon crawling, I just wanna play games.
>>
>>44399265
You faggots and your high fantasy settings where everyone has access to technology are insufferable.
>>
>>44399299
>Ass mad grim-derp fag detected
I bet the people in your setting live in mud huts and fuck goats.
>>
>>44399315
Look, cocksleeve, I'm just saying your dumb different-for-the-sake-of-being-different homebrew crap is boring.

>Everything is nonsense non-magical whatever
>No monsters
>Don't even have to use torches

Come on.
>>
File: 1337852924037.jpg (72 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1337852924037.jpg
72 KB, 768x768
Here's a tip: Don't bring wooden figurines to an elf party. Do bring metal figurines to a dwarf party. Resin figurines are cool with human and halflings, but anything goes there. If you're joining a wizard party, bring enchanted figurines - they cost an arm and a leg but with some luck you can befriend a wizard to make them for you.
>>
>>44399396
>Play with a Dwarf
>He insists on playing an Elf
>Now we have a fucking Elf played by a Dwarf trying to do an Elf voice, and no one can take him seriously.

I wish this would end.
>>
>>44399369
I had a pretty good game once. We were in astral spaceship fueled by fire, fighting astral space pirates with automatic crossbows shooting lighting bolts. And there was no gravity so combat was so wack.
>>
>>44399369
And your dime a dozen drow shit is so much better? It's called a fucking imagination, get one.

>Hurr durr, magic nuke kills everything
>No magic? No chance
>Fight wizard as a non-mage class, die, re-spec for spellcraft

Magic-fags are literally cancer that need to go.
>I don't like anything different, everything needs to have magic!
>>
>>44399100
There is just too many flavors of humans in these games. We got vanilla humans, chocolate humans, coffee, pecan, peanut butter, and other shades of brown.
And have you seen the armor designs, it's just like a shirt or vest of metal. Unrealistic non-magical realm much? There isn't even rules for belts of gender reversal.
I prefer historical war games more than that trash. Just got new elvish thong rangers models and sorceress of the nudist order. My army is coming together nicely
>>
File: 1397845705634.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1397845705634.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>44399433
if you think that's bad we had an orc, a fucking HULKING MOTHERFUCKING URUK LOOKING FAGGOT play a godsdamn female halfling sniper.
>>
>>44399540
>He runs thong elves
KEK
E
K

How's that meme tier army treating you?
>>
>>44399605
>uruk
go back to fantasy /pol/
>>
>>44399265
>>44399299
>>44399124
>>44399087
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?373811-Setting-Concept-Flamepunk&highlight=flamepunk
>>
>>44399609
Better than my amazon army.

Fucking seriously, no new rules in over two decades now, why don't they just kill them off if they cna't seriously support one of their products?
>>
>>44399686
Because the modelling guild will take away their register on Amazons if they do that. Only reason why Human Paratroopers got a model in Gun-Barrel 2K.
>>
>>44399805
>Gun-Barrel 2K
>Human Paratroopers

My Naga.

I still don't get why the latest edition moved EVERY army to using limited munitions. It makes no godsdamn sense. How can any war be fought when you don't have replenishing arrows or mana?
>>
>>44399896
I think they're trying to move it back into skirmish game but it seems wasted to me when the UAS Drone Army abuses the off board attack rules so hard, you need bodies for the objectives. Firetube ships are hopefully gonna make a comeback though with Surface to Air Magic Missile being limited.
>>
>>44399805
And still they keep reintroducing the sand cult tomes.
Was a fan for the first few revisions but that last one "book of Mormon " just butchered the lore.
>>
>>44399949
>Mormon
>He wasn't around for Revelations
It butchered the lore but holy shit it was a great campaign book, shame it got ret-conned out.
>>
>>44399444
>gravity
One of those faggots huh. There are no fucking "essential forces of the universe" or whatever, it's the gods that make things fall down instead of up.
>>
>>44398875
>Glanced at river.
>Immediately thought "Balmora".
>Glanced around.
>Noticed Silt Striders.
>Proud as fuck.
>>
>setting has non-renewable resources and no magic
>Cities with towers of steel and glass
Pick one
>>
>>44399937
The lore is definitely moving towards skirmish. I had a buddy run a Drone heavy UAS/UE mix. Coupled with off-board "constructs orbiting in the void" that I couldn't even fucking TOUCH it was pretty much impossible to win. No concealment, no ambushes, nothing.

>Firetube ships return
As much as I love them, how's that going to work with the current army lists? You could basically run a zero-unit list with drones+firetubes and just blanket ballista the enemy on their side of the table.

>>44399949
>>44400009
Have you read the custom denomination rules? They're insane.
>>
File: 1450725081578.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450725081578.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>44400094
Science don't have to explain shit!
>>
File: 1317869087722.png (603 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1317869087722.png
603 KB, 768x576
Holy shit guys. Storytime

> Be commoner living near monster lands
> Civilized demi-humans are pretty common around. Best pal is an orc, invites me to game.
> Group consist of burly orc DM, perpetually stoned troll, me, a fucking minotaur, and her
> She looks, smells, and act like an harpy would, despite behind two size too small. Like seriously, she's up there with halflings and gnomes in size issues.
> Less cruel then a normal harpy, but far more naive, hyperactive, and hungry. She can eat three times what her size would otherwise dictates, and keeps still her petite form.
> Constantly interrupts and jump on the table to move her piece, has no concept of private space and lean over to see what we're rolling or writing. Annoying as shit.
> Eventually we made the mistake of bringing in some common wine for the game. She got drunk as fuck and I'm tasked with bringing her home.
> I have no fucking idea where she lives, we wander helplessly in the dark in the nearby forest for hours until she regains enough senses to track her way home.
> Forced to follow this little shit to the nest and spend the night if I don't want to die alone deep in the woods.
> Turns out they do everything in a tight communities - eat, sleep, campfire stories, games, etc. The females vastly outnumber the males, and they're frolickerry as fuck toward strangers.

I don't know if I'll make the night. Send help.
>>
>>44400016
Yeah, except the gods have no power inside the astral plane. Theology 101, seriously.
>>
>>44400163
Goddesses I hate that excuse in non-magic settings
Traveling from the earth plane to the luna plane shouldn't be possible without making a portal and binding a lesser air elemental to a circlet so that you can breath on it.
But some kender just yelled science at the council of role playing and now we have flags on luna.
He must have tried stealing something then got killed since there is no lunar adventures in the last few editions.
>>
>>44400245
Sparrowlings. Hide your dice. No, seriously, hide your fucking dice bag. I played with one and we lost enough notched rocks to build a shrine to Arengesus. Forget flicking them between the floorboards, she'd pick them up in her beak every time she got a crit and toss them into the air and try to catch them, only to end up swallowing them.

Our Friendly Local Game Tavern owner knew some cantrips and enchanted his dice to come back to the table if they rolled off. The look on her face when it started bouncing around inside of her was priceless.

But yeah. Grab some seeds off the mantel (I know they're there, don't ask me how) and just toss some in the other direction when they approach you. They'll crash in a few hours and you've got yourself a down pile to sleep in.
>>
>>44400452
Sounds similar, but my problem has no beak. Beside the wings and talons, they look amazingly similar to halflings even to the fucking personality.

They're called Kestrels. Yeah, like the bird.
>>
>>44400514
Eh, look for something to throw and distract them. If that doesn't work, aim for the eyes. If they're anything like sparrowlings they'll forget it by morning.
>>
>>44400365
Quick guys. Post the worst no-magic bullshit you heard off.

> Magic Books slowly living off electricity, using the web without the spell enchant. Thunder don't work that way.
> Wind fans that gives off heat with no fire or magic.
> Wagons powered by oil. Seriously. Exploding oil.
> Long-distance communication via "invisible air waves". Seriously?
>>
>>44400568
>>44400452
This. Give those hyperactive fuckers some workout. The faster they tire out, the less likely death by feathered orgy will occur. Magical chair near the campfire is perfect for it.
>>
File: Burnt_Offerings_cover_detail.jpg (111 KB, 788x536) Image search: [Google]
Burnt_Offerings_cover_detail.jpg
111 KB, 788x536
hi humies. what like to be fleshy and pinky all the time? hahahaha. pathetic humies.
>>
>>44400614
> Wagons powered by oil.
This so much. I know it's "just applied alchemy" but come the fuck on. You're telling me it holds together without exploding and can replace balloon AND crystal airships? No way. No fucking way. Nevermind trying to land the thing, you couldn't fucking steer it.

>>44400707
Iunno, what's it like to have to use a highchair to see the fucking battle-parchment?
>>
>>44400797
>Iunno, what's it like to have to use a highchair to see the fucking battle-parchment?

ouchie. Mirf sorry.
>>
Is the Greater Accounting feat worth picking up?
>>
>>44400698
the only time they're calm is when they're being groomed. Just tug her feathers when she gets a little too jumpy, she'll calm down.
>>
>>44400848
mirf say no.
>>
>>44400848
Yes and no.

You can seriously make some dough with it and purchase small countries.
But for adventuring? Pass. A good DM gives you the basic to survive anyway.
>>
>>44400865
Let me guess, you think I should sink all my points into Cook (Goat)? That's dumb.
>>
>>44400848
>>44400865
>>44400891 is right. Depends on the campaign. If you're expecting to use the Know. Economics a lot, it can let you outright skip tricky rolls with enough time and investments. If you're allowed, check out the Higher Education supplementary. Some of the HE feats combo nicely.

>>44400863
>pull her feathers
>she gets more excited
Do you enjoy talon-jobs?
>>
First time role playing
>be warforged
>brought to game by halfling to in exchange for a favor in the future
>told I was soldier in a squad in hostile kingdom
>being warforged I am familiar with this
>get shot and told to roll field-triage
>rolled 1
>told I bled out and died in game

Do organics find it enjoyable to bleed out and die?
>>
>>44400932
Cook (Goat) and Eat (Everything) always work for Mirf!
>>
>>44400942
I do it on a regular basis, and it feels great!
>>
>>44400863
>>44400941
OP here. They've all calmed down, but now she's getting really clingy. You were right on grooming, but she's not letting me out of her sight now. I think I might have triggered something. I'm getting scratches all over my legs.
>>
File: harpy pirate.jpg (144 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
harpy pirate.jpg
144 KB, 707x1000
>>44400245
follow it home, burn the nest

you owe five farthing to the next Knights Templar official you see

you're welcome
>>
>>44400942
No.
It sucks, trust me
I was cut up and bleed to death when I accidentally walked into master Zanthus' layer.
At least he was kind enough to revive me as one of his minions
>>
>>44400942
Sounds like you found a shitty setting combined with bad luck of the draw. That, or you forgot to bring your basic medkit. Better luck next time.
>>
>>44401014
>master Zanthus' layer

where is this "layer'? Mirf need job and home.
>>
>>44400942
Yeah, it's shitty, but good luck finding a system that doesn't rely on bleeding in some way.

>>44401004
Congratulations, you're one of the nest now. Be careful they have hollow bones. Protip: Enjoy it.
>>
File: 1409164180228.gif (486 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
1409164180228.gif
486 KB, 475x347
>>44401007
> Burn the Nest

Humans, ladies and gentlefey!
Thinking nothing but themselves!
>>
>>44401050
Its just past Ald'ein, first lich's tower on the right.
There are plenty of jobs available as long as your fine with being turned into an undead minion.
>>
>>44401066
>>44401004
If they're anything like harpies, you want to conserve energy to sprint the fuck out come morning. So be careful on how you spend it.
>>
>>44400941
They're surprisingly dexterous.
>>44401004
Shit, are you a soft skin? Sorry huma-bro. I figured with everyone sending you out into the woods with a harpy alone you were made of more durable stuff. Is it true that repeated scratches can make your skin tougher? Maybe you should just let it happen?
>>
>>44401089
It always be this kinda shit with humies. mirf seen it.
>>
File: 1409326666731.jpg (30 KB, 400x358) Image search: [Google]
1409326666731.jpg
30 KB, 400x358
Skeleton Master Race represent!

It doesn't matter what you were in life! Soon you'll be one with the bones!
>>
>>44401007
>you owe five farthing to the next Knights Templar official you see
>you owe five farthing
>you owe
>owe
You play protestants, don't you?
"Hey! I don't agree with you, so I'm going to ignore proper constable channels, do their job for them and punish you myself, and then punish myself even more because, yippee, self-flagellation!"

Pantheon above, some humanoids need to learn to separate games and reality.
>>
File: ainz meido.png (17 KB, 344x135) Image search: [Google]
ainz meido.png
17 KB, 344x135
>>44401141
can i still dress up in wenches clothes in undeath?
>>
File: Humies aint got shit on me.jpg (98 KB, 1086x1300) Image search: [Google]
Humies aint got shit on me.jpg
98 KB, 1086x1300
>>44401141
Oh come on anon.
We both know high elf skeletons are superior to filthy human skeletons
>>
Now that Betrayal at Pearl Harbor is out, how many of you are going to try forgekingdom's WW2 line? I have a decent English force and was hoping to see more players in the hobby.
>>
So I went to my local game tavern to join the monthly Accounting: The meeting tournament, and when the judge was reviewing my deck, they said most of my MsExcel Cards were banned. Now my entire MsOffice deck is pretty much useless, unless I spend a lot of money acquiring the new MMXV version of the same cards I already have.

By the Gods, why do we keep pumping money on this shit game?
>>
>be kenku
>or tengu for you southern faggots
>same thing, different cultures
>playing a dwarf pikeman
>getting into character
>mimic dwarf voice when speaking IC
>character is captured
>do some shit with the DM where I gotta resist torture
>con is insane though so it takes a little bit
>having a blast
>suddenly guardsmen burst in
>papers fly everywhere
>dice rolling under every fucking piece of furniture
>miniature stuck in halfling's ear
>they thought we were torturing an actual dwarf
>neighbours overheard rp, called guard

Anyone else have a blast this week?
>>
File: sympathySimulator.jpg (86 KB, 378x1116) Image search: [Google]
sympathySimulator.jpg
86 KB, 378x1116
>>44401241
Skeletons don't discriminate, anon. Once you're dead, you're one of us all the way.

Zombies can suck it. Waste of bones.
>>
>>44401249
>MsOffice
>not LibreOffice
>not glorious GooglyOffice
I can mill you over here.
I can mill you over there.
Ultimate deck accessibility.
Your turn scrub. Oh wait.

You're out of cards.
>>
File: -rattling-.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
-rattling-.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
>>44401263
One of us eh?
A lowly human will never compare to a glorious high elf: alive or dead
If you have a problem with that you can take it up with the boys
>>
File: UHavinAChuckleM8T.png (165 KB, 424x332) Image search: [Google]
UHavinAChuckleM8T.png
165 KB, 424x332
Fucking hell. This reminds me of that time I was
>Be a human fighter, guard work, et cetera. Low-magic setting.
>Go to the weekly game they have at my nearest shop
>DM is a rabbitfolk chick (ears and some fluffy bits like the arms, the face is human, she doesn't look too bad)
>Try to remain cool, calm, not all stereotypes are true
>Then another rabbitfolk shows up, turns out it's her sister
>A male rabbitfolk shows up, what the hell, it's her brother.
>Another chick. Her sister, again.
>But that's not the end of it.
>TWO more sisters AND a brother show up after that, bringing the total to SEVEN fucking siblings at the table, all related to the DM.
>So I'm sitting here and I'm trying to focus on the game at hand.
>Turns out they're pretty good at this, keeping things going.
>Then things start to get weird when one of the sister's ears twitches and she asks if I have any twins.
>Twin brother is the blacksmith, we're thick as thieves and look identical, I answer yes.
>Session continues as normal.
>Go home, don't think about it.
>Two days later, my brother gets a special request, a heart-shaped dagger.
>Again, let it go.
>Next session, same rabbit chick is twitching again, but more
>I ask the DM what's wrong after the game and she shrugs.
>Go home again.
>Next session, the chick is gone, and I smell something fishy, but don't talk about it.
>Go home, as usual, but when I come in through the front my brother is doing everything he can to keep this heavy-breathing rabbit wench off of him.
>Iamthelaw.jpeg
>Get her horny ass put in the clink for a night stay until she calms down
>Next session, talk to the DM, she apologizes
>I ask her, "What happened? Why was she so interested in my brother?"
>She answers in the most nonchalant tone I've ever heard, "Oh, she probably thought you were with me."
>Pic related.
Fucking beastfolk, man.
>>
File: 1409164839022.jpg (227 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1409164839022.jpg
227 KB, 700x700
>>44401283
>>44401259
> Local AtM tournament
> Built a UB troll deck
> Lawyers and Bankrupt everywhere
> Opponnents can't generate enough cash to build up their Compagny.
> The CEO eventually folds over to me.
> Salt, salt everywhere

Its glorious I tell you.
>>
>>44401283
>GooglyOffice
>Voluntarily joining the botnet.
>"Compatibility issues" + "Deadline" decimate this hipster decks.

Yeah, I think this last expansion is the point when A:tM went to shit.
>>
My DM told me he wants to play a game in some obscure RPG he found somewhere. According to him, it works a lot like real life. The catch is that we'll be playing as ourselves. My group consists of the following:
>Wizard college dropout elf (me, please don't ask about the dropout thing)
>Halfling bard (HUGE stoner, but pretty damn talented with a lute)
>Dwarf blacksmith's apprentice (also a stoner; yes we've made the joke)
>Human city guardsman (he looks scary, but is pretty nice guy once you get to know him)
>Human barmaid (she lets us play in a private room at a nice tavern)
How much trouble are we in?
>>
>>44398875
>New edition of offices and paper work has killed Osama Bin Laden.
My favorite towel head, dead. Anyone else know that feel?
>>
>>44401345
>bunnyfolk banging
Aw yis. You aim for at least one of their butts. You won't regret it until the morning after.
>>
>>44401381
Not much. Its just some realistic LARP. You'll be probably heading into a non-lethal dungeon filled with illusions soon, try not to disbelieve everything.
>>
>>44401381
Rounded enough.
Just hope he doesn't put you up against high-level guys.
>>
File: CaesarSmall.jpg (9 KB, 192x269) Image search: [Google]
CaesarSmall.jpg
9 KB, 192x269
>>44401387
Actually, I do.
>>
File: dc4.jpg (9 KB, 200x211) Image search: [Google]
dc4.jpg
9 KB, 200x211
>>44401387
>Offices and Paperwork.
Do you mean Warcanon 20k? Fairly certain Osama isn't a character in Offices and Paperwork.
>>
>>44401472
Unless you've been working on the two towers that fateful morning, that is.
>>
>>44401361
>Still relying on Deadlining opponents.

Agile Development and Patch to Completion hidden stratagems made Deadlining obsolete last core. Compability isn't an issue if you're running a forced OS/Company Hardware build (which is kind of negating GOffice's claim of deck accessibility, but forget I said that). Plus, you can force the Market pool with enough Ad/CMO spam.

>tl;dr
botnet=bestnet
uOrange a shit, tho
>>
>>44401472
Warcannon went to shit when nukes entered play.
They're nothing but plot devices at this point.
Weapons that can wipe a whole city off the map but need only one plane?
Who made that shit up?
>>
>>44401494
Americans. And Russians.
Then everybody else.
>>
>>44401513
So stupid.
>We can't feed all of our people, but we can create enough weapons to vaporize our whole planet a dozen times over!
What kind of shitty priorities do those people have?
>>
>>44401529
What was that? Unpatriotic speech?
Off to the gulag with you.
>>
>>44401513
Russian master faction.
>>44401529
VODKA OF COURSE!
>>
>>44401529
Dunno, have you ever looked at a mage's guild? Or looked at real human history?

They kind of hit the nail on the head there.
>>
That Lizard Thread

>HM brings his Green Dragon friend that he knows from raiding.
>Humans & Hazards Seattlecoast setting
>He joins as a Evangelical Zealot
>Uses "argue with heretics" on our party Hippie
>"It's what my human would do"
>HM lets him get away with it.

I flew out as soon as it happened. Just because you're a Green Dragon doesn't mean that you are entitled to be an arsehole, nor does it excuse playing a character who doesn't fit in the setting.
>>
>>44401545
OF COURSE, RUSSIANS AND VODKA.

I'm sick of every setting defaulting to this. It's as bad as the stereotype of Dwarves drinking nothing but beer. Yeah, it's 99% true, but why does every game ever have to succumb to unoriginality?
>>
>>44401529
I know right? Ameriorcs have the a similar issue.
>Half of us have poor critical thinking skills.
>Lets make more food to feed their fat asses rather than focus on education.
>>
>>44401346
You know? Someone tried that on our last tournament, but he got his entire deck burned to ashes by That Dragon. I wish we could just ban him from the tavern, but you know, dragon hoard and fire breath made it kind of difficult.

And that's why the meta have been switching to charity decks, where cheap cards like "Socially progressive", "Back pedaling" and "Victimization" render lawyer cards pretty much obsolete.
>>
>>44401558
> Black Dragon Nerd
> Playing H & H
> Picks up a black taxi driver for job
> Police force literally arrest and shoot my PC for no reason.

Why
>>
>>44401451
Wow, that's an old one. That edition was so much more realistic.
>>
Random Encounter thread.
>Riding the stilt strider
>Expect that, if anything, a hobo would come at me and beg for money, like what happened last time
>Looking at people gets their attention, so I look up
>Someone is flying across the sky
>Before I can muster the courage to say anything, he's gone from sight
I found my inspiration for my next character.
>>
>>44401603
It's a hidden racial affinity. The Rulebook suggests discarding it in early campaigns but some drow just want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>44401783
>hidden racial affinity
Affinity for what? Getting unfairly shot? That was introduced as a story-feat in a single module, and now it's become implied canon in every later edition.
>>
>>44399396
It's almost 2016 and I still can name over 20 runes. Not sure it's something I'm proud of, though
>>
>>44401824
Blacks have a negative affinity to all races with the White Trait. They have an even stronger negative affinity with NPCs with the 'Racist' and 'Texan' traits. It doesn't cause immediate violence, but it builds tension over time.
>>
>>44401898
In the hands of a good GM, yeah, but most cases it's just an excuse for the GM to single out a player playing something he doesn't like. Maybe they have a negative affinity for shitty GMs, eh?
>>
File: cat.jpg (6 KB, 198x255) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
6 KB, 198x255
> Find a recruiting post in local tavern
> Apparently the game is in monster lands
> There's stone, gold and metal statues everywhere
> some of them painted
> MFW when I spot the Dragon DM
> MFW when I spot the medusa
> MFW petrified adventurers are used as figurines
>>
>>44401824
Its just a stupid H&H meme. I remember that time when we were playing this guy who always tried to make broken characters using misinterpretations of the rules, like the time he was playing a Chinese-American Artist and then tried to convince the HM to give him bonuses to math even though he invested all his points into charisma. Wish HMs and players would stop ruining games with these shitty memes.
>>
>>44401244

You fuck off with your cheesemonger England fucking list. Radar, code breaking, the Dunkirk special rule that allows broken English units to go to reserve? Fucking Mary Sue BULLSHIT, all of it.
>>
>>44401994
Sounds like that dragon might be That Dragon, and the whole thing is dangerously nonmagical land.

Who else is in the game?

>>44402022
Maybe I'm just salty from my last (fortunately shortlived) H&H where I tried to make a black human diplomancer, yet even with outrageous bonus the most remote encounters were still impossible to succeed at.
>>
>>44402029
I hate what they did With Germany in that expansion. bad enough that they but all those small kingdom books together, now they've turned it into some over the top comedy villain bullshit? I just want my Landsknechts back
>>
>>44402124

The entire thing was over the top lunacy. The noble french leader in exile was named De Gaulle? The tyrannical Soviet dictator who named himself "The man of steel" and was still taken seriously? The even more ludicrously over the top Hitler and Mussolini. Weapons going from swords on horseback and breach loading weapons still being a thing to nuclear armed jet planes in less than a century? You can say "And thousands and millions of people died" as much as you want, it still doesn't make this lurid cartoon setting any more realistic or believable.
>>
>>44402124
Well it's not like they weren't hinting at it with Hitler. Everytime he was mentioned he felt like a villain, and a red light should have flashed when he become leader of Germany.

Ah well, at least we're going to get new tank models soon.
>>
>>44402182
They kind of wrote themselves into a corner at the end of the whole thing though. I wonder how they'll end the thing after the war in europe, and what comes after that.
>>
>>44402399
Insider here.
World War 2.
>>
So has anyone picked up that new edition of Russian: the Communist? Why the fuck would you create an entire splat focused on political tension that has no room for grand scale battles? So much fluff and mechanics surrounding the use of those gigantic bombs and the only thing you can do is test them? For what purpose?
>>
I just want a new Vikings rulebook, dammit. They could at least make them relevant again, after all the hype about 'dwarves' in the setting. It's what brought a lot of us in.
>>
File: namera.gif (70 KB, 748x615) Image search: [Google]
namera.gif
70 KB, 748x615
Is this the laziest map in creation? Seriously, look at all those squares. Real maps do not look like this!

I mean, were they even drawn by anyone who actually visited the continent?
>>
Hey guys I made a ranger whose favored enemy is Jews, but it seems like the whole campaign will take place in Iceland. Should I ask my DM to respec?
>>
>>44405214
Nah it's fine as long you don't have to face more groups of enemies at a time.
>>
>>44405002
Who names a country "Usa"? And in all caps, God damn this childish shit who makes these.
>>
>>44399396
I never noticed how many runes look like penises before.
>>
>>44405297
I see 2, maybe 3. You think thats a lot?
>>
>>44402444
Gods, fuck knows what happened there. All their interesting believable gods got sidelined and overrun by that monotheistic non-interventionist bullshit. They weren't the only ones, of course, but they held out the longest in Europe so it was sad to see them go.

It's all from that split in early 2e where half the writers threw a (justified, honestly) bitch-fit about the free fuck-huge factions of the same singular-God and left, giving the ones that were left free rein to shit all over what Rome had been to that point.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect a viking book any time soon, if ever. The Scandies have gone tame, mate. A Dwarf friend of mine took up the Chinese, something about their upcoming industry abilities being amazing, maybe look into that? And there's always the Scots, even if they're a sub-faction of the failing Empire. Maybe they'll get their own book.
>>
>>44401244
>>44402029
>They don't run Irish regiments as screening units for maximum cheese
I bet you two hated the War of The World 1 book too.
>>
>>44398875
Can we just nerf the western white male archetypes already?

Sick of this bullshit game design with trap options and a few overpowered combinations that's the designers pet races. It's not "system mastery" to figure out which one gets the most options and social perks.
>>
>>44405647
Asians and middle-easterners are pretty overpowered if you know what you're doing, and you can always stack bluff to make a ton of money as a woman.
>>
>>44405689
I managed to get my character a temporary seat at the UN in an evil campaign by doing just that.
>>
>>44405647
There's been some errata on that in the last few years, but most of it is small time BS like "Euro-Americans can no longer take the "dreadlocks" feat.

I mean that's just dumb and how is that supposed to rebalance anything?
>>
You know, I tried to get into H&H, I really did, but I just find it so unrealistic as to break suspension of disbelief.

First of all, no magic. Except the natural lightning, water, and fire magic they like of course. It wouldn't be H&H without double standards. Honestly, in a setting with no wizards how is anyone supposed to harness the steam and electricity that powers all the non-magical technology? Don't even say batteries, those are the most bullshit non-magical items ever and only serve as a balancer for cool pieces of technology the setting has. And don't get me started on their firearms and bullets.

Second, how does a setting with no magic have rumors and legends where magic exists, it makes no sense. The humans in H&H shouldn't know what magic is if they never had it right?

But I could forgive all of that if the plot made any sense at all. Large gaping plot holes, the iconic characters act out of character all the time, and a rate of development that is just unbelieveable.

The plot development rate is the biggest problem for me. In a setting with only humans the technology should not be developing as fast as it is. Just look at the setting two editions ago to the current edition: computers went from being slow computational devices that took up an entire room to these torso sized boxes (some of which lightweight enough to be carried around comfortably) that are all permanently linked to each other creating a digital world of pure information. The most recent edition made phones able to tap into this digital info sphere too! That's so crazy it's just stupid.

This might be forgivable if the timeframes were believable, but no, that's all crazy stupid too. Every new edition is set between 10 and 20 years after the last. That means we're looking at ~40 years to go from computers that are rooms to computers that are infinitely more powerful while being portable? As a gnome I would estimate that that kind of development should take about 1500 years.
>>
File: absolute anger.jpg (72 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
absolute anger.jpg
72 KB, 500x738
>>44398875
I'm about to run a DarkSprint campaign.
How do I insert humans without going all magical realm? Should I just make them ugly? I have a huge problem with some of the players fetishizing the whole fucking race and it pisses me off.
>>
>>44405823
>No magic.
Infinite universes infinite possibilities. You find much weirder shit while planeswalking.
Also
>What is technology.

>Firearms and bullets.
>Implying that gunpowder launching a small metal dagger is far fetched when someone in our world can shoot lightning out of his hands.

>Rumors and legends.
How is this strange? There has been civilizations in the past that has been isolated from magic and still had rumors/legends. That's just how minds work.
>>
>>44405881
>Implying any depiction of humans isn't magical realm
>Implying this isn't good
It's okay if you crave my perfect human cock fucc-elf.
>>
>>44405944
>Page 5 of every book literally opens with "You are invited to a world with no magic, a world with no aether, a world where technology reigns supreme."

Maybe you don't understand what aether is. I forget that not everyone can be enlightened. Aether surrounds everything, it's what magic is fueled by. More than that though, it's what makes everything work. Even mundane technology like the crossbow works in part because of it's interaction with the aether. The aether is also what allows mundane items to become enchanted and hold magic. Ever wonder why steel holds an edge better than copper? Steel is more attuned to aether.

A world without aether is a world where technology doesn't work. The writers at H&H think they can wholesale replace the role of the aether with a branch of science and mathematical underpinnings. That's just ridiculous.

>Shooting lightning out of someones hands is strange.
Yeah, maybe if you're a dirt-farming human or some sort of orcish warrior. All magic follows very clearly defined rules. There's nothing strange about it.
>>
>Let's get worldbuilding, guys
>some faggot creates a city with "designated shitting streets"
>>
>Born in a small village
>Magic burns through my veins
>Only Sorcerer in the family
>All family members keep bragging that I'm a magical genius that will become rich and powerful one day
>Parents lend out my magical services without asking me
>For Free
>Finally move out and decide it's time to go private sector with my considerable magical skill
>Realize I'm actually pretty shit at magic
>End up doing mundane, dead end jobs and spending my little free time posting on the magi-net.
>Uncle that doesn't understand a thing about magic keeps trying to line me up for psion and cleric jobs
>Family routinely disappointed I'm not rich and all powerful and tell me to "just study more"
>I'm not a fucking wizard!
I hate this, I feel like my life is over, I'm going to die as little more than a peasant with a few magical tricks in his pocket.
>>
>>44401994
Playing with dragons is both unfun and dangerous. Just don't fucking do it.
>>
File: 1449463408273.jpg (181 KB, 498x483) Image search: [Google]
1449463408273.jpg
181 KB, 498x483
>>44406405
Honestly, if being a thaumaturge isnt appealing and you want to get into magic, look into warlock pacts. Don't go for anything infernal or dark. Be extremely careful about Fey and Star pacts. But they're probably the least likely to fuck you over long term.

Yes, wizardry and sorcery is generally preferable to warlock magic but at least you get to blast people with eldritch energy as a warlock.
What kind of Sorcerer are you anyway? Might already have some pull in getting a favourable contract depending on bloodline.

>>44406433
>There is literally nothing wrong with playing with dragons.
They do have a larger number of bad players and DMs among dragons than msny other races though.
Know your dragonology, expect greens to lie through their teeth and the like. If you compensate and understand their natures influence them they're okay. Usually. Sometimes.
>>
Has anyone taken the Media Manipulator trait? I'm considering rolling a Professional Victim and I'm hoping the perks will stack.
>>
>>44406530
Not entirely sure what kind, I'm the only one in the family. My father says it's because I was born on some old cultist alter my parents turned into a dining room table. Damn thing would glow every time there was an eclipse. Still, it matched the furniture and all.

Anyways, I specialize in lightning and buffing spells.
>>
>Get a game going with some old friends
>One guy new to the hobby rolls a female human
>Can't afford a girdle of masculinity/feminity, thanks raiders
>Still really wants to play that character, so the group helps out

>guy tries to romance every NPC we meet and does nothing in fights

I fucking hate those newfags who've seen one play of Goverment Service Executive of the Department for Education and keep blindly copying the characters. "You shall not pass" my ass, I want my gold back.
>>
>>44398875
Ok so we fan into a bit of a weird suatition in my last game of humans and hazards. Like was on my way to work as an accountant but then a regional hazard went off an earthquake I know my Gm is a dick, but anyway this like wire pole falls on my character and he's stuck and I think I'm a gonner but then the rabbit folk playing my characters gf a lawyer, white collar crime spec I know not very useful but she has fun with it and as an accountant I can give her buffs, is like I'll get you out and uses an adraline point from one of the alt splats and gets me out like it was nothing it was crazy cause her stringth doubled for the turn I think it's a little op but the gm allowed it any one else have comments on the adriline points . Like we did the math useing an Adrline point you can aperantly lift an oil wagon regardless of size or weight of the character that's pretty nuts . I proposed house ruling it down to something less op but everyone else thinks it's fine as is , thoughts?
>>
>>44406589
Hold up, I think I've got a book somewhere about this.
Yeah, might be related. Cosmic sorcery. Kind of esoteric. Bit more cerebral than basic "anger and fire happens" sorcery? Stop me if this doesn't sound right.
Anyway, in that case go for a Star pact. I know the name of a Starchild that would be good for it, but I can't post arcane truenames that rend the minds of the unprepared here. Not without getting banned anyway.
>>
>>44399658
This is fucking dumb, not in a way that would prevent me from playing in and enjoying it but I'd never run it.
>>
>>44406723
Are you a rabbitfolk? Because seriously calm down with the lack of punctuation there.
>>
So what are your opinions of Visitor? You know, the one where you play as beings traveling from world to world on ships sailing through the void?
>>
>>44400030

I did too, actually.

I feel inordinately proud about it.
>>
>>44408357
Space feels too empty in too many games. They're filled with Old Ones, Star spirits and Voidlings. Not to mention false star tears to the far realm.
I dunno, I just find a lot of game space to be pretty planet-centric.
>>
>>44410446
Messed up my post, accidentally deleted a sentence. I mean space is normally filed with all that stuff. But not in-game.
>>
>>44410473
Not really. They exist, and you may encounter a few on your trips, but space is BIG and you're not that likely to encounter creepy things unless you run directly into them.

Like, seriously BIG
>>
>>44399191
>like stone-age shit
Urg
half-Neanderthal
lvl 10 fire wizard/lvl 5 berrypicker
skills:
pick berry
smell sabretooth
Spells:
Make fire (2 hr prep, DC 18 concentration check)
Speak word
Train Dog

Racial weakness to: Pronouns, articles, outbreeding
>>
>>44406228
Like I said, infinite universes thus infinite possibilities.
The writers never said shit about it taking place even remotely similar to our world, so why should it bother being realistic anyway?
Besides, our own world works on a very specific set of rules, so who's to say worlds can't find ways to use tech with no Aether because the rules are for their universe is different?
>>
>>44398875
>weekly game
>That Wood Elf shows up
>this week rolled up his third character to date (they don't even die, he just replaces them)
>this one is a CG human fighter
>he even drew character art
>no armor
>dual wielding automatic crossbows
>absurdly muscular and edgy as hell
>smokes infinite tobacco and expects to take no penalties for it
>obviously beefed up his STR and CON rolls for 'muh archetype' sake
>has a pre-made list of phrases for all dialogue.
>All fucking game, all he fucking says is I've got Balls of Steel and Hail to the King
>>
File: h3DcUjW.jpg (163 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
h3DcUjW.jpg
163 KB, 780x770
>>44411572
You think that's bad? He's got nothing on pic related.
>>
>>44411572
Are you certain he's just not taking the piss?
>>
I am angry. Angry about elves.
>>
File: giphy.gif (976 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
976 KB, 400x225
>>44410473
Yeah, what >>44410473 said. There is a reason they use ubervoid engines in game. To travel from one sun to another would take several lifetimes under regular means in their universe.
>>
>>44411467
Suspension of disbelief is why.

Look, I'll give you that some of the stuff the writers come up with is interesting. I mean, my cousin spent 200 years working out how to power a clockwork using electricity instead of steam. He never got it working but according to him it's possible with continuous magical input. So not everything is incredibly retarded. The problem is the writers try to take this stuff too far and pile way too much of it on at once. I could deal with any one or two of the complaints I listed, but all 4 or 5? That's a hard pill to swallow. All that on top of the other thousand minor problems ranging from the dozens of plot holes to balance issues.

It's just not a good system.
>>
>>44401824
>YFW character has negative affinity so strong it works on their own race

Had you lasted five sunrises longer you would have inevitably been shot in the head while picking up another black trait human.

Shouldn't even be in the core races, IMO, their temperament is more suited to monsters unless you play them off as some ultraviolent bard or supremacist paladin
>>
Getting turned into a lich sounded like a great idea at a time, but my ex-wife got the phylactery in the settlement. I'm not even a necromancer, I'm just a majordomo. What am I supposed to do?
>>
File: dalaw.jpg (24 KB, 584x247) Image search: [Google]
dalaw.jpg
24 KB, 584x247
>>44411726
I would normally guess that, but his last character was a LN paladin that shot almost all offenders on sight and would only growl orders. He blew our rogue's hand off in PvP, NO FUCKING WARNING, for shoplifting a comic book
>>
File: DEUS VULT.png (1 MB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
DEUS VULT.png
1 MB, 1162x850
>Be playing homebrew set in SE235
>That Elf rolls up a CN Sidhe evoker (that somehow survived the sundering)
>be me, a Warden of Avalon
>she tries to get my Warden to turn on the party since she thinks im bound to Avalon
>she doesn't realize that the wardens are sworn to the Witches, not the actual spirit of Avalon
>mfw i turn her over to the Witches for binding
>>
>>44411836
Get back to >>>/pol/, dwarf supremacist scum
>>
>>44412132
I had a problem player who used the "Prepared" feat, Utility Belt, and "Rich" feat loophole to always bring what he needed on the table whenever a hazard occurred.

Such as shark repellent to you guessed it, repel sharks.
>>
>>44412576
but /pol/ is for human supremacists

dwarves are just old fashioned by nature.
>>
>>44401141

>>>>/pol/
>>
>>44412671
Kiss my humerus
>>
You know what I find frustrating? That every single no-magic setting always features nothing but ears. It's always mostly humans with a few dwarves sprinkled in (as some sort of fucking sub-species of humans that just sort of "occur", don't get me started on that bullshit genetics thing. We all know that heritage is bound by blood). When can we get some Endings and Elves?
Before you ask, yes I know about that fucking "Orcs and Orifices" shit and no, I won't enter your fetish realm.
>>
>>44401429
>willfully having 12 kids at a time
have fun never gaming ever again
>>
File: 1447104193307.jpg (155 KB, 698x766) Image search: [Google]
1447104193307.jpg
155 KB, 698x766
>>44413174
>When can we get some Elves?
Literally its own supplement.
>>
File: Smaug.jpg (30 KB, 389x287) Image search: [Google]
Smaug.jpg
30 KB, 389x287
Hey Flesh-sacs,
My name is Thraxamivoryxx The Blood Scaled, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day trying to steal everyone else's hard earned gains. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any loot? I mean, I guess it’s fun killing people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than praying for your gods favourite at a temple.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was the Scourge of Mount Cold-Marrow and seven-time King-Slayer by the time I was a Wyrm. What sport do you hunt, other than “jack off to 'Ancient Elven Scrolls' on 'High Arcana'”? I'm also a Masterful Wizard, and have a huge loot pile (Just added an entire country's yearly earnings; Shit was SO cash). You are all ants who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my loot.
>>
>>44413301
Well you gotta have protection, obviously.

>>44413174
You're pretty much canonically in space in most, evolved/evolving on another planet.
You want to know why? Because you're too fucking magic. You take away magic and all your have is that one hippie time period with everyone going on about how much they like trees. High elves are basically Magic Elves, don't deny it. Entire culture is one big arcane circle jerk.
So in low magic they don't work. But when you get to ubertech=magic then elves reenter the setting.
>>
>your GM is a gnome
Guys, how do I convince my GM to stop trying to run these unrealistic "technology" campaigns? He's trying to sell us on this full retard concept of tanks (they're like carts with cannons and made out of metal, what the fuck) that runs on some shit called fuel.

I just wanted to play a realistic wizard's life game with my elven buddies, but the only one who can GM for shit is the fucking gnome.
>>
File: notlewdatall.png (22 KB, 618x434) Image search: [Google]
notlewdatall.png
22 KB, 618x434
Okay /tg/ so I may have gotten a bit drunk last night and have brought back this human to the nest. Normally wouldn't been a problem except I got all sweaty on the way back and the nest went nuts as if I marked the dude. Long short story I had to protect the dude from a bunch of horny kestrels while trying my best not to succumb to my basic instincts. Wasn't easy, especially when the idiot starting combing my wings.

I don't know what he expected. He's been silent ever since.
>>
>>44413634

>hating on tanks

Dude tanks are so fucking fun to use. I spent a session taking apart a hit squad in Shadowrun with it. Shit was amazing
>>
>>44413634
Don't be hating on my setting, Teh'mmy! Especially after I've shown you a prototype that works without magic! Elves I swear!
>>
>>44413645
not board related
>>>/soc/
>>
>>44413634
>tanks unbelieveable
>GM is a gnome

Dude, I had friend who was a gnome, did some advanced research for the gnomish army (or whatever their equivalent is). Now this guy loved his cider and had a pretty loose tongue when it was wet. Lemme tell you, if a quarter of what this guy rambled on about was true then the gnomes could dominate any and all other nations. The only reason they don't is probably because the little buggers like building giant death machines more than they like using them.
>>
>>44413805
You're all laughing at no-magic settings but you keep forgetting this empire who opened a gate to such a plane and got wiped out in less than a week after the initial assault.

Fact its the reason we have humans these days. They came, they saw, they conquered.
>>
>be Medusa
>only ever game online
>lonely
>decide to join local game
>find group
>explain I'm a beast person but don't mention Medusa cuz people tend to freak
>meet for first game
>hhave on thin cotton blind fold, hood, say it's an eye condition
>game is going good
>mmostly
>halfling at the table
>being a creep
>keeps hitting on me, smells like Salted Pork and cheese - bread
>kkeeps wanting to 'see my beautiful eyes'
>WWhole group tells him to chill
>won't leave me alone
>I tell him to seriously back off
>he nods in agreement
>suddenly pulls my blind fold off
>whole group gets turned to stone
>halfling doesn't
>sigh.gif
>take halfling home for a snack

Why is it so hard to find a good group /ftg/?
>>
>>44413915
this isn't the forum for your fanfiction, Anon
>>
>>44412132
Dude, you just reminded me of a Tiefling in this group who once played a Lawful Paladin. He didn't even bother saying which side of the alignment his Paladin is, he just repeated "Lawful. Pure lawful". DM lets it slide.

His Paladin himself wore a helmet twenty-four hours a day and never took it off, and would occasionally shout "I AM THE LAW" while he killed anyone who broke any sort of law (No matter how minor or harmless). I don't remember a single moment where his character didn't scream something related to the NPCs breaking the law or about how he's the law. Eventually he decided that his party are law breakers and killed us all.

I can't help but feel that the Tiefling guy made the Paladin character to spite the actual Paladin within our group. When all is done and said though, I found it hilarious.
>>
>>44413677
I don't think he's talking about pressurized gas tanks, but Armored War Wagons, which are basically multi-person Armor Golems with weird limbs. The Great War source book that introduced them had them being called "tanks" to redirect attention.
>>
>>44413975
the halfling was already stone hard
>>
>>44414067
Wait, you play with an actual Paladin? As in, big guy who glows with awesome, divine might and goes around smashing fellows?

Shouldn't he be crusading or something instead of playing games with nerds?
>>
>>44414190
Paladins needs breaks too, anon. The downtime helps like, a lot, to deal with stress-related issues.
>>
>>44414223
>stress related issues
Shouldn't Paladin immunity to illness help counter those in the first place, though? Or are you seriously telling me there could be Paladins running around with social anxiety and whatnot?
>>
>>44414269
They're immune to physical issues like diseases, yes.

Stress is both physical and psychological. Trust me when I say everybody needs a break to unwind and relax.
>>
>>44414223
I'm betting once every had left he fell over laughing.

>>44414269
Paladin are immune to diseases not illness, and far to many end up having mental breakdowns. Most dark lords tend to be fallen paladins.
>>
File: Soviet-Infantry.jpg (46 KB, 640x212) Image search: [Google]
Soviet-Infantry.jpg
46 KB, 640x212
New Gunbarrel 19k models announced.
>>
File: US Infantry.jpg (38 KB, 640x185) Image search: [Google]
US Infantry.jpg
38 KB, 640x185
>>44414409
>>
File: DarkKnight.jpg (189 KB, 683x716) Image search: [Google]
DarkKnight.jpg
189 KB, 683x716
>>44414343
I am not "Fallen" I am the very paragon of lawful mercy now shut up before I smite thee with my mighty dice and play.
>>
>>44414409
If I calculate the firepower of the average "Bazooka" Steel Rod, it could blow up an ancient dragon's wing without trouble. Holy shit.
>>
>>44413975
Fucking Medusas! Everyone knows that the only time a medusa turns someone to stone is when the glare at them! Just don't shoot angry looks at anyone and you'll be fine!
>>
>>44406723
My guess is that it's how the Devs have to balance out the lack of sorcery and magic. What are you going to do otherwise... "technology" your way out of it? Please.
>>
>>44414845
>>44413975
>spaghetti gorgons
>always glare at people who make them nervous and turn them into stone
>feel bad for petrifying them
>self-esteem drops, gorgon becomes even more spaghetti
when will the madness stop!?
>>
>>44399265
Ah, so it's Steampunk going full-retard. Or, Steampunk is Firepunk if it was only half-retard.
>>
>>44415037
Someone should really make a de-petrification spell.
>>
>>44399605
Could be worse, bruh. He could have been playing a trap.
>>
>>44415101
The potion works fine, even if it's a little slow. De-petrification is seriously risky business, it's not something they can just print on scrolls and mass-produce like most healing magic, it has to be specific to the patient or you run a risk of making the victim too jiggly, for example, or not going far enough and leaving them stiff for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>44414430
Also USA finally get their long awaited A10 models

>>44414476
No kidding, though some of that shit just gets ridiculous though.
> .44 Magnum and Desert Eagle
>both small enough to fit in your hand
>both powerful enough to blow a persons head clean off with one shot.

>Light gonnes
>can burn straight through metal at great distance
>only uses light

>electric balliste
>Fires rods of steel over 7x the speed of sound and can travel over 100 miles.
>Rods go so fast they don't need to attach explosives to them because the rods themselves will completely obliterate whatever they hit.
>>
>>44414269
I wouldn't say social anxiety. I could see plenty of paladins suffering from PTSD, though. Too many comrades fall to the undead. Too many atrocities witnessed while doing his God's work. Too many families dying of starvation under a cruel lord.

It's enough to drive a man to Fall, I tell ya.
>>
Who's up for some Houses & Humans?
>>
>>44416120
Is that a trick question?
>>
>>44416120
No. Nobody is. At all. Especially here, in the traditional games psi-forum. We don't want to play any games here. Ever.

What the fuck do you think?
>>
>>44416244
> Psi-Forums
> Not using enchanted spellbooks to connect to the spellweb
> Year of our lord Pazuzu 0215
>>
>>44416384
Psi-crystal networks have more customisability and allow you to change anything you want to change and you know it. Spell books, you're stuck with whatever the bookbinder says you can instal- I mean enchant.
Git gud and learn how to tune psicrystal programs.
>>
>>44416667
> Wanting crystals to intrude in your minds
> Constant interruptions in the middle of doing something else
> Not being able to share it with friends due psi-crystal being mentally linked.
> Laughing so hard I lost feathers
>>
>>44416902
>not knowing how to partition psionic energy fields
>not muting your array when needed
>not knowing how to project mental streams
You just tried it once, couldn't do everything straight out of the box and declared it shit didn't you? You have to actually put a little effort into learning how to use the system.
It's not as brain dead as spelltomes or.. I dunno, that Druidic stuff with stone circles and trees. Tried an Apple tree version for a time. They say it's intuitive and good for creative types but it just seemed like half the features were missing.
>>
>>44417399
> braindead as spelltomes

Well excuuuuse me for liking a good spellbook that won't crash every 10 minutes due to faulty third-party spellware.
>>
>>44417573
Oh don't get me started. I work in IT debugging crystal arrays for this trading company. Number of times people install shit that I haven't cleared and then complain their array doesn't work. Because you fucking broken it and now it's filled with nightmares.
Thinking of setting up an actual Wall of Fire to stop people getting to the master crystal.
>>
>>44401429
The shame isn't worth it man...and do you have any IDEA how fertile those cunts are?

Gods SAVE you if where you live has fucking child support. I knew more then a few guys who turned bandit because of that. Fuck i should know I was one of the dumb fucks and ended up having to runaway to monster lands. Being a bandit sucks so hard...anyone else know my bandit feels?

>>44406433
You kidding? best group I ever had there was a dragon AND a demon in it they both took turns DMing. Admittedly there was also a drow priestess, arachne(who fought all the time). As well as a lamia and a naga who also fought all the fucking time. The shenanigans they would get into in game are fucking priceless though.

I would find out later that the game pieces were actually captured intruders who were animated for gameplay. For a second there i thought they were transmuted or necromancy. Nope turned out the demon just stuff souls into them and the dragon provided the pieces(to this day his 'collection' fucking terrifies me dude even collects old players of his...I saw my name above which was a blank spot). Monster land games anons you never know what your getting yourself into.

So...you know what you might actually have a point but its already too late for me and the group is awesome anyway.

Though I am not entirely sure if the Drow is hitting on me or just hates me. The arachne meanwhile keeps giving me stuff she has woven. I swear my wardrobe is almost entirely full of her stuff and I heard some people saying that they were both hitting on me.

I don't get it though I thought drow women hated anything with a penis even if its a male drow's and its not like the arachne invited me over to her place or anything. So do I got that mixed up or something?

>>44406531
They stack well but only if you build it right but its pretty tricky. Like I only ever seen a demon manage it level tricky. Fucker did some serious fucking damage though goddamn.
>>
File: 1222262251232.jpg (267 KB, 508x588) Image search: [Google]
1222262251232.jpg
267 KB, 508x588
>>44399396
What kind of runes are these ? I don't recognise any
>>
>>44422254
European runes, they were used by the Scandinavians.
>>
>>44413514
>Thinking protection works on rabbitfolk

To date the ONLY thing I heard that actually worked was outright sterilization. Their fertility is even capable of chewing through goddamned corruption+ condoms.

>>44413805
Clearly you've never seen a gnomish wargame.

>>44413975
That is why you attend monster games if your a monster. Not to be racist or anything but they have all kinds of safeguards in place and harassment of any kind is a big no no. Even the demons keep it down.

>>44414269
How do you think many paladins fall man? Everyone needs a hobby you'll be surprised how many games you find in the army or in a holy host.

>>44415101
Stone to flesh works well if you can catch them in time. Otherwise if your too late you sorta end up with either a crazy or an empty flesh body. You MIGHT be able to fix the last one with a soul summons and transference.
>>
>>44422254

I can identify most of those runes from Isaac.
>>
File: Azula_relishes_victory.png (125 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Azula_relishes_victory.png
125 KB, 333x250
>>44399265
>a genre where everything is powered by fire
>>
File: Remove nobility REMOVE NOBILITY.png (945 KB, 646x912) Image search: [Google]
Remove nobility REMOVE NOBILITY.png
945 KB, 646x912
>>44398875
Hey faggots, there's a happening going on on /leftypol/ right now and I need your help. We've gone on /k/ and a lot of other boards too, but you guys are known as one of the best at actually fighting.

So we've started a rebellion against the feudal bastards, but they've released their dragon-riders. You've probably seen it on the news; burned up a peaceful demonstration. We need some way to cheaply counter them -- using materials your standard peasant would have. We've got war-wagons, we've got flails, guns, pikes, hazswordz, a fair bit of gunpowder, village witches and all the farming implements you can think of.
>>
>>44422360
Fuck hussites. Blasted heretics!
>>
>>44422383
Oh fuck off back to /pol/ if you're going to go all feudal in this thread. I can't wait until we have your kind dangling by the neck. Don't you have some Popish fan-fiction to read?
>>
>>44422416
Hussite detected
>>
>>44398875
Somebody opened a portal to the plane of Elemental Funk in my privvy.
I hate the plane of Elemental Funk.
>>
>>44423507
Someone opened a portal to the plane of Elemental Junk in my privy.

I do not like the plane of Elemental Junk.
>>
>>44422254
I recognize them from Diablo 2. Dunno if they are taken from real runes.
>>
>>44399638

The infestation of 5cp shill posters from Best Mordor is getting out of hand.
>>
So, what went wrong with 3.5e Boardrooms & Bureacrats? Are managers really as OP as everyone says? What's the best way to build a custodian who doesn't suck and end up poor?
>>
>>44425293
Despite the obvious logic that managers were always going to be OP unless you significantly change the existing fluff, bearing in mind their the ones in charge, the developers never seem to understand this and insist on continuing them as a playable class.
>>
>wears glass cloak every session even though it scratches up my chairs
>refuses to write down his characters stats because his fingers are "too delicate"
>never plays anything but racist caricatures of dwarfs
>always asks if human NPCs have "huge mudperson tits" and tries to hit on them

fucking that guy.
>>
>>44415122
>trap

Dude, have you even read the rules on traps? In firepunk, there are no belts of gender changing. You know what that means? If you want a gender change, they have someone literally cut your dick off.

Firepunk is literally scientific realm bullshit.
>>
>>44425369
The point is that managers should manage, office workers work. But managers can get insane command and persuasion and still be as good as most other classes at spreadsheets and communications unless they're so unoptimised that the player themself probably doesn't have an INT score. If all of what managers did was manage and manage well they'd be fine.
>>
>>44414430
>>44414409
Holy fuck, this is so unbalanced. And I bet the Rus players get more of them as well.

Fuck this setting, the designers have such a hard on for the Rus.
>>
>>44422360
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Should have been born in a Free City, bitch!
>>
>>44425522
Ew... who the fuck would do that? Turn yourself into a eunuch?

Darkest of settings.
>>
>>44401387

Yeah, but they killed off arafat, too. He was kind of shit imo. OTOH, this new "isis" thing seems promising, even if the name is a total continuity screwup from a whole different game system.

Rumor has it that the next edition will see a return of KSM after a prison break at gitmo.
>>
>>44401587

Look, it's got a long list of crappy cliches.

French slave what do?
>>
>>44402426

Which I hear will be more exciting to play than the sit and shoot armies of the first edition.

>>44402182
>De Gaulle

Yeah that was pretty shit. But so was bringing back Teddy Roosevelt (oops, I mean his "nephew") but then leaving him crippled. And then just when you could have had an interesting plot with Stalin vs Trotsky, they kill him off. WTF? At least Churchill is back, I liked him.

Where are they going with Haile Selassie? He crowned emperor on one side of the world, then a religion gets founded around him on the other, then his country is invaded and conquered by Italy. It's like they're going in five different directions with him. I'm really curious where his character is going.
>>
>>44406531

Take Media Manipulator, Professional Victim, and Elite Law School. Then you use Lawyer skill tests to win elections, and Electioneering checks to win legal cases.

I made state senator at level one-- pretty much straight out of law school-- by getting my opponent removed from the ballot by a judge. Then a couple levels later, I ran for Senate. Another Lawyer check later, and my opponent's sealed divorce records were released from family court (and that's even after my GM gave him a +10 to resist for having him and his ex-wife both suing to keep them sealed).

I win that election, and then I'm like fuck it and start running for President immediately. Which I win, and at that point the GM cancels the campaign because we're all still only level 5 and the build is so clearly OP.

If you're looking to fuck up a campaign, I'm telling you: the PV/MM/ELS is like stupidly gamebreaking.
>>
Hey guys here's my ATM: Senior Executive Gladiators decks!

H8, r8, proceed

>Donny Jefferson, I.T (UB Control/IT Problems )

>Joseph Stalin (tokens, sac, competitive combo)

>Troy Sachowski, C.E.O (Voltron, Hostile Takeover)

>Steve Jobs (Standard Group Hug)

>Rhys the Redeemed (not really sure what to do with this one, not enough Elf support in ATM)
>>
>>44422254
They're the Diablo 2 runes. Lem, Ko, etc.
>>
>>44429437
>Diablo.
>That Guy the demon.
Well shit. Whoever has those runes is fucked.
>>
File: D2.jpg (42 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
D2.jpg
42 KB, 500x273
>>44429843
You talking shit, son? Here we do it old-school. No prancy dark lord of emo-grey hell siting on his throne being useless, no sir. We gone biblical, with the laments of the dead non-stop, tortured souls in a sea of fire, and tortured champions of justice stuck on bone pillar with their wings ripped out.

There's no better place to roleplay, yes sir. The ambience is perfect. P.S: I'm the one who posted the runes, so not so much.
>>
>>44426811
>Steve Jobs
He's gonna die.
>>
>>44432661

Yeah people keep targeting him. Must have bad experiences with Group Hug in the meta.
>>
>>44430271
Who said I was talking about classic?
>>
>>44426524

This campaign sounds familiar, somehow.
>>
>>44426524
Wait I was going to do a Minority build, but how do you get Elite Law School too? I thought they were mutually incompatible....
>>
>>44437044
If I remember correctly, having the "Race Card" skill can get you ELS as an alternate prereq, but there's a smaller list and you need to make sure to have "Media Manipulator" or it won't work.
>>
>>44398875
Balmora?
>>
File: Night.png (325 KB, 500x536) Image search: [Google]
Night.png
325 KB, 500x536
G'night /TG/
>>
>>44399433
>Be me
>Halfling
>Join local gaming club
>Roll up a half-orc barbarian
>Party members won't stop chuckling whenever I roleplay

Life is suffering, /tg/
>>
>>44437044
>>44437385

It works just fine. The thing is, you're fighting court battles with media checks, and media battles with litigation checks. Since the opponent is always using his off stats and can't take circumstance bonuses, your own ability scores can suck and you'll still win.
>>
>>44398875
>you can't find a decent game with high elves
>only with neckbeard dwarves
>Streets & Average People 5 sucks
>No one will ever appreciate S&AP 3.5 ever again
>Also fucking millenial orcs always prefer new World of Normal over the classic World of Normal
>I wish I could play Politician: the Corruption with my group, but they always want that fucking Wageslave: the Normieing for some reason
>I need a game with some creepy setting, like full of technology, computers and shit
>bringing your dragon gf to the session is absolutely all right - I mean c'mon, it's the current year!
>I hate jobthreads
>Janitors are just fairy folk without an actual quest, dwelling in their wizard towers
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.