[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torture, persuasion, and interrogation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: MGS-Torture-Lets-get-started.jpg (180 KB, 1600x1065) Image search: [Google]
MGS-Torture-Lets-get-started.jpg
180 KB, 1600x1065
Has your party ever had to or chose to go through with the dirty deed of torturing others for info? what methods did they use? why did they torture who they did?
>>
>>44393525
No, torture doesn't work.
>>
>>44393525

Yes, we were part of the Mafia, and they wanted to torture one of our men, so not a big deal.

The handsome guy who was supposed to be our first rival didnt have nice time, though. But as our Master said, "what is left of him as important reasons to became our Main Anthagonist".
>>
Not yet but as a druid I intend to use the spell that infests a person with maggots when the time comes. It will have to be in regards to finding my friends if they are kidnapped or if the forest is in danger or something.
>>
>>44393525
Kind of? We use a psychic mindscraper to get our intel, which has a 2% chance of leaving the victim as a vegetable, and is otherwise extremely painful but has no permanent side effects.

One of the first things we did was invest tons of funding into R&D to make the thing safer. It used to have a 100% fatality rate. We're actually trying to be ethical, believe it or not.
>>
>>44393525
We double-team suspects. My wizard casts detect thoughts, and the fighter yells questions. We can usually tell real memories (detailed, visual) from internal lies (auditory, evasive).
So far torture hasn't been considered. Evil, messy, ineffective, slow, bad PR...
>>
>>44393833
100% fatality rate? Have you considered weaponising in in some way?
>>
What is the fort/will save DC for a red hot poker up the bum?
>>
Yes, but only in situations were we had enough expendable resources to ensure the information gathered could be verified with minimal risk to us or our employers. We also would occasionally release our captives after completing our missions to ensure stories of the shit we did to people that had information we wanted would get passed along the grapevine.

Ended up creating a snowball effect were people would come up with more and more gruesome rumors surrounding interrogation methods. It eventually got to the point were some people would give up the information with little more than a demand.
>>
I have broken a Humanis thug's fingers to get information once.

In the future, I think our go-to method of eliciting information from a tight-lipped subject is to lock him in a small, poorly-ventilated room with our changeling (w/ Scent Glands; guy smells like a garbage heap on a hot day) for ten minutes.
>>
My party can't go one session WITHOUT torturing someone for info or to set an example.

Mostly just drawing blood and cutting off fingers and whatnot. Sometimes we take a hand. We've purposefully injected addictive drugs into someone and waited for them to go into withdrawal to get them to talk. Crucifixion is never out of the question.
>>
I torture for the sake of torture. Though only on irredeemable assholes and monsters. What kinda alignment is this?
>>
>>44397049
Chaotic Dexter
>>
>>44397049
Suicidal. You'd do yourself after your first victim/
>>
>>44395957
sure that party doesn't stick together out of mutual fetish?
>>
>>44393656
But the fear of being tortured works.
>>
>>44393525
>charm person
>detect thoughts
>speak with dead
>dominate person

In Dungeons & Dragons, torture isn't for intelligence gathering, torture is for entertainment or punishment.
>>
>>44395049
Torture rules are in the BOVD.
>>
Some guy in my Black Crusade party made some hostage space marines suck each other's dicks until they died.
That was a low point.
>>
>>44398238
Dexter didn't normally do torture, he usually went for a stab through the heart.
>>
We were put into a game with final fantasy characters, and we needed to interrogate the heroines for information. I volunteered.

My weapon of choice? Bad fanfiction.
>>
Our Shadowrun group's used BTLs to torture before, but it's often easier to slot them with a bunraku BTL and just ask them for what we want to know.
>>
File: AiM3kKh.jpg (125 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
AiM3kKh.jpg
125 KB, 858x536
>>44393525

To the displeasure of most of the party. For background, this group was pretty fractured - the party split up pretty often, and there was a lot of IC drama, esp. between Mac, the most diplomatic of the characters, and Charles, who was basically a sociopath.

Party picked up some guys who were working for the shadowy gangs/corps that were after them and wanted to get info out of them. Charles decided to take care of that while everyone else was busy - went out shopping for a bunch of random hardware, including some recreational drugs.

Came back to the ship and started his interrogation. Cut up first dude's arm, put gunpowder in the wounds, roughed him up. Player was pretty explicit in his descriptions and hadn't pre-planned this with us, so DMs were reacting basically along with the party. I think this is where he broke character to apologize.

Second dude got put on drugs "to make the experience more impactful" (Charles had no experience with this drug and had the guy high as a kite) - then fitted his arm with a metal tube, sealed at the elbow, and filled it with gasoline - and basically turned his arm into a candle.

I think Charles stole half the party's shit and ditched them a few days after that episode. Mac was really unhappy with this to say the least. This might also have been the time Charles kidnapped a doctor in an attempt to please the rest of the party? I can't remember. Maybe someone else in that game is online.
>>
>>44393525
Yes. Quite a few times, actually. Although the first thing we've always tried to do is intimidate and wear them down instead. We once captured a pair of hobgoblins, and when one lied I simply decapitated him in front of the other. Had no more problems from that one.

In the game I GM the party has interrogated two different elves from an invading nation. The first time They just couldn't get him to talk much, so they had the Skald GMPC take the guy out back and do his thing -- drink with the prisoner and be charming. Olaf still executed the dude once he passed out, though.

Then there was the time in Shadowrun when we captured the survivors of a hit squad that came after us and we tried to learn where their boss was. We tied them in painful positions, played loud (and obnoxious) music in their ears, and would routinely hit them just to keep them from being able to sleep. Then we'd take them one by one into another room and my troll mystic adept would beat interrogate them and/or beat the shit out of them, only to heal them up. Except the one obnoxious psychopath -- I broke his arms, legs, and jaw and sent him back to be tied up again without healing. After seeing him (and seeing him die) and enduring everything else the others just folded like they were playing poker. Didn't have to lay a finger on any of them after the first. Fear is a far more potent tool than pain on its own.
>>
>>44400574

Space marines don't have cocks. This story is inherently flawed.
>>
>>44393525
I'm currently running a BC game, and Slaaneshi psyker is very fond of torture.
Her favourite modus operandi is to inject the captive with some paralytic substance, telepathically terrify him to near death and then torture him. At the same tame she mind-rapes the victim, savouring his suffering and getting any info she wants.
She also loves to be tortured herself while high on Rose and other perception-enchancing drugs and psychic powers (such as Heightened Senses). It usually involves slow and agonizing stripping flesh to the bones while she regenerates this damage. Being master biomancer is good.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.