[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A magical Genie arrives and grants you a single boon. Laid before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
A magical Genie arrives and grants you a single boon. Laid before your eyes is the greatest roleplaying setup of all time- a GM screen that works perfectly, props and costumes for all the players, tankards that fill with any beverage desired by the drinker and seemingly endless bowls of snacks.

The Genie turns to you and says "There are four seats here, so you may invite three players to sit with you. The DM shall be Matt Mercer but your three players may be selected from anywhere in space and time! They will not answer your questions about their own lives or times, but will be fully immersed in the game- a perfect version of whichever system you wish to play.

"Who will you choose? And please, indulge me with your reasoning."
>>
>>44393261
>inb4 x so I can fuck them
>inb4 x so I can kill them
>>
I don't choose anyone, I nab the GM screen, the tankard, and the bowl, and run for the hills.
>>
>>44393512
They vanish from existence because you didn't do what the Genie asked.
>>
>>44393261
>any beverage
>endless bowls of snacks
That's just asking for trouble. You know nobody has any real world restraint during a game.

having said that
>Trump
>Putin
>Dubya

I'd kill to see what kind of shit they'd start in-game
>>
Guan Yu
Hitler
Robin Williams

Duh.
>>
>>44393566
Nice picks.
>>
>>44393261
I'd choose Christopher Lee, Wittgenstein and either-
Ozzy Osbourne or Charles Dickens.

Their character development would be insane
>>
Gygax, Arneson, and Steve Jackson.
>>
I don't know who Matt Mercer is.
>>
File: B8mviRa.jpg (256 KB, 372x600) Image search: [Google]
B8mviRa.jpg
256 KB, 372x600
>>44393261
Patrick Steward
Ian McKellen
Terry Pratchett

Dis gonna be the best game ever.
>>
I'm afraid to choose anyone too impressive because they would make me feel bad about my shitty backstory
>>
>>44393790
Gonna be some cockgobblin'
>>
>>44393789
A voice actor who runs Critical Role- http://geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/.
Him and 6-8 other voice actors play every week and it's very very enjoyable. If you make/paint models or art it's a fantastic thing to stick on in the background.

>>44393743
"Great choices, why the philosopher though?"

>>44393566
"Dubya? I know not of this man?"
>>
>>44393822
That sounds awful and super-boring but you don't seem to know the last US president.
>>
>>44393822
Dubya=George Bush
>>
File: o6feYUm.jpg (24 KB, 450x800) Image search: [Google]
o6feYUm.jpg
24 KB, 450x800
>>44393808
I'm okay with snake slurpin', so long as it doesn't get in the way of the game. And the players are gonna be engrossed in the game. Plus I'm going to get fucking Shakespearean actors doing speeches in my game. Fucking yes.
>>
>>44393708
Go with Dickens, Ozzy would just down five pints of Hennesey in as many minutes, collapse on the floor, fall asleep, and shit his pants.
>>
>>44393434
Remilia Scarlet so I can pat her.
Will Wheaton so I can kill him.
>>
RuPaul, Paul Reubens and Ben Paulsen
>>
>>44393261
>Vincent Price
>Christopher Lee
>Peter Cushing

Play Call of Cthulu for maximum horror potential and play it as a birrthday present for me, as I share Lee and Prices birthday, with Cushing the day before!
Shit would be cash, horror cash.
>>
>>44393922
"You have made excellent choices human, and well done on the doubles."

>>44393843
"Ah I thought so, let's hope his social anxiety does not come with him, into this plane."
>>
>>44393856
Can't argue that anon. Lol, it is funny as hell that ian was a classical actor, really took it serious. And his biggest roles are a grey wizard and a mutant.
>>
>>44393960
Dubya is totally gonna be a that guy.
>>
>>44393922
My head just exploded at the thought. Some stuff is just too epic.
>>
>>44393261
...I'll be honest. I'd rather have that setup for me to DM for my players with.

Yeah, I could pick Tolkien or other writers or Christopher Lee or other fantasy actors...but...

>They will not answer your questions about their own lives or times, but will be fully immersed in the game- a perfect version of whichever system you wish to play.

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't do it for me. Roleplaying games are social activities. A way to spend time with each other.

So, Genie, either get rid of this Mercer guy--I don't even know who he is, anyway--and let me sit in the hot seat with my group seated around the table, or take the thing away entirely.
>>
File: QzkskOS.jpg (70 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
QzkskOS.jpg
70 KB, 500x658
Why's everybody got such a hardon for Mercer?
>>
>>44393963
You think he'll play a wizard and Patrick a psion?
>>
>>44394103
Dunno who he is, I'm just mentally substituting him for the genie who is a pretty good DM I guess.
>>
William Shakespere
Jesus Christ
Epictetus
>>
>44393981
"So if I roll me up a twenny, does that make me some kinda criticalisizer?"
>>
Christopher Lee because he was awesome
Gary Gygax the originator
Robin Williams because I want to hear his voice and tell him we all still love.him
>>
My mom and dad, and my sister, so I can see them and spend time with them again.
>>
>>44393261
"Nah, I'm good." I walk off.
>>
Prachett, Banks, Clarke/Asimov.

Toss up for those two, leaning a bit more towards Clarke.
>>
>>44393261

My usual gaming group.

We like each other and have a lot of fun together.
>>
Guess it's time to play FATAL with three Hitlers.
We all wear assless chaps as costumes and out seats shall be leather covered stools.

I want to hear the Hitler's ass sweat making the stool all squeaky.
>>
Caligula to play FATAL. I want to see what he can do it with.
>>
>>44393261
Tolkien for the awesome backstory he would bring (though I would prefer him to DM).

Pratchett for humour and the hilarious character.

Brandon Sanderson for the interesting character concept.
>>
Asimov
Clarke
Heinlein

I'd really love to see what they come up with
>>
>>44393261
>Matt Mercer
I will ask the genie for three buff guys to hold him down while I jump up and down on his head. Fuck, that guy sucks.
>>
>>44393261
I WANT FOR YOU TO KNOW >TFWNOGF
>>
>>44395088
sad
>>
Neil Gaiman
Terry Pratchett
Tim Burton

Shit's gonna get real pretty fast. I'm up for this because I expect creepy, magical CUHRAIZE
>>
>>44393261
Nostradamus
the author of Voynich Manuscript
for the last slot, I'm torn between Jesus Christ, Buddha and Muhammad
>>
>>44393261
>>44393261
I ask him to find Moot, gygax, and if he can fix pathfinder.
>>
>>44397413
oh god, now I know exactly who's going to be in my pathfinder game:
>>44393261
>Robin Williams
>Moot
>Hiro
>>
File: 1426379842894.png (184 KB, 312x427) Image search: [Google]
1426379842894.png
184 KB, 312x427
My dad so hes alive again
trump because hes funny
and my best friend who doesnt talk to me anymore
>>
Pre Austria Hitler, Karl Marx and Goethe.
Hitler and Goethe would get along very well, as well as Karl Marx and Goethe. Because Marx never heard about Hitler, and Hitler was not NatSoc yet this might actually be a fun night for them.
Oh, and there would be a small chance Goethe writes something about 40k and it would remain somewhere deep within his personal library of stuff that was never released until after his death.
I wonder what that guy came up with.
>>
>>44397469
> Trump is summoned
>sits down and demands an explanation, gradually likes it
>Plays a paladin who is all about banishing demons and creating good, honest work for the constituents
> meets with a nicromancer who wants to use his arts to allow for communism
> Trump battles him for a whole day in-game, eventually defeats him with a simple peasants hoe because everything else broke
> dying, his character says his last words, and Trump leaves to Make America Great Again.
>>
>>44397597
> pre austria
I am retarded. Pre Vienna.
>>
File: 1429218507954.gif (359 KB, 460x716) Image search: [Google]
1429218507954.gif
359 KB, 460x716
>>44397611
i like it anon!
>>
>>44393261
I pick the genie himself.
>>
>>44393261
Clint Eastwood
Tomokazu Sugita
Idina Menzel

I don't give a damn about my taste, I want to hear these three in a Star Wars-esque spave opera setting with a whole new cast of characters.
>>
>>44398152
Wait, switch out Menzel for Laura Bailey.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.