[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you like to see happen in 40k fluff wise? No retcons,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 20
What would you like to see happen in 40k fluff wise? No retcons, just future development.

Mine:
>I want to see the tau get mulched in a war of attrition with pic related at least once. Because fuck the tau.
>>
>>44371026

Tau get fucked.

DKoK won't do anything to Tau, Tau have already fought to a stalemate against unending IG in Damocles.
>>
>>44371042

A man can dream, anon
>>
>>44371078

Ignore namefagging I'm drunk and on phone
>>
>>44371026
Commorragh gets rifted forward in time. Dark Eldar pull out of the webway to see what's going on to find the millions of years-later galaxy completely stripped of all life by the Tyranids who have now moved on to greener pastures. Chaos is no more and the Necrons are asleep again.
>shit, this is going to get really boring.
>>
>>44371104
I'd actually like to see that as a what if tragedy. A group of DEldar raiders having their usual fun, but when they enter the webway they accidentally get warp-rifted to find a dead galaxy in the far-future. All their playthings are gone, and all they have left is the ancient shadow of She Who Thirsts prodding at their memories, lurking after them for a post-mortem snack.
>>
>>44371026
Animated chronicles of 40k. Sort of like the Animatrix or Halo Legends with different short stories done in different mediums.
>>
>>44371026
I'd like to see more Orcs vs Necrons. I feel like it doesn't happen enough.
>>
>>44371145

I wanna see Tyranids vs. Necrons. Why is this matchup literally written to be impossible by GW?
>>
File: Battle for Ankhabyr.png (84 KB, 1017x669) Image search: [Google]
Battle for Ankhabyr.png
84 KB, 1017x669
>>44371145
You are not looking hard enough.
>>
>>44371026
A tank based on a hybrid between a Comet and a Panther.
cmon GW, non retarded tank designs aren't too difficult
>>
>>44371026
>What would you like to see happen in 40k fluff wise?
Make sense.
>>
>The Tyranids have a chance at failing
>Lufgt Huron launches a massive Black Crusade of his own
>Lion El'Jonson wakes up, Inquistion freaks the fuck out, shenanigans ensue
>Calgar dies
>Rak'Gol enter the spotlight somehow
>The Void Dragon wakes up on Mars
Now that I typed some of that shit out, I'm really grateful that the setting doesn't advance. GW would just make it shit.
>>
>>44371026
The DKoK were losing to cultists in trench warfare on vraks until sm showed up how the fuck are they going to kill tau?
>>
>>44371211
>Lufgt Huron

That's like wanting Red Scorpions to outshine Ultramarines.

Red Corsairs/Astral Claws are the FW equivalent of Black Legion. FW always takes back seat.
>>
>>44371243

Creating walls with their own corpses as they advance, so thick that even Tau rail technology can't penetrate them.
>>
>>44371258
Red Corsairs were heavily featured in Codex: CSM 4th edition.
Also, they were the color scheme used in most online products.
>>
>>44371162
Awesome
>>44371152
There are plenty of ways GW could work around the "can't sense robots/can't eat robots" problem the Tyranids have with Necrons.
>Nids invade an admech research station. They were researching Necron tombs. Hilarity ensues.
>Tyranids just finished their meal. Spooky metal croissant ships begin landing on their new planet. Necroissants shoot flaysers and taste terrible.
>>
>>44371026
it would be cool to see something like a fallout bible but written for 40k. Just word building stuff cemented onto paper. For instance, how much does a lazgun cost, how much does a Leman Russ cost, how much does it cost to transport an imperial guard soldier from one system to another, what are the average kill/death ratios when fighting against Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons? even stuff like the number of campaigns waged at a given time and the yearly casualties associated with said campaigns.
>>
>>44371243
Indeed.

The Cadians and Catachans tried to defeat the Tau through attrition in Damocles warzone and Mon'tka. The Tau handed them their asses because using WW1 tactics against an army that uses 21st century tactics will never work.
>>
>>44371243
>losing to cultists

And daemons, and traitor marines... vraks was no joke.
>>
File: End Times Chaos (1).png (2 MB, 2126x948) Image search: [Google]
End Times Chaos (1).png
2 MB, 2126x948
>>44371258
>>44371211
Huron is already launching his own crusade in tandem with Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade.
>>
>>44371306
That was way later. Wasn't that war like a whole decade?
First it was cultists and DKOK.
Then it was Traitor and Loyalist Marines.
Then it was Daemons and Grey Knights.
>>
>>44371287

They lost to the tau because tau are the Mary sue faction, let's call a spade a spade here.
>>
>>44371306

FW always makes IoM lose.
>>
>>44371306
Daemons and traitor marines came way later. The Kriegers were fighting normal humans for a long as while.
>>
>>44371316

Nigga I ain't readin' all that.
>>
>>44371316
I want that hourglass so badly
>>
>>44371306
And they got scared off by space marines and apparently tau have fought off space marines so....
> black Templars need to finish there fucking job on the weeaboos
>>
>>44371320
Nope.

They lost because the IG usually cannot into tactics worth a damn especially against a mobile force like the Tau and Eldar.
>>
>>44371318
IIRC the DKOK were winning pretty steadily until all the other shit showed up.
>>
>>44371332
Then don't bother coming into a lore discusion and saying "I want something" and the something is already in the lore.
Read the column on the right for Huron.
>>
>>44371269
> "QUICKLY form a defensive corps pile!!"
I can't wait
>>
>>44371364
>Read the column on the right for Huron

How about you just crop and post the relevant column then, moron. I'm not even the person talking about him and you post like 99% irrelevant text.
>>
>>44371397
>spoonfeed: the post
>>
>>44371342

Nothing you said disproved my point, anon.

A Mary sue is going to win against a non Mary sue because Mary sues are, by definition, stronger than everything else.
>>
>>44371026
Purely fluff wise?

Just novels about how different people live in the imperium.

What life looks like in a hive world, what it looks like for an agriworld, how parents discover their kid is a psyker and just how fucking much they must fear psykers/IoM to bypass the maternal/ paternal instinct and give it up. What do CSM do when they are not doing war, what do regular SM do ( don't just tell me "train", give me something like a day through the monastic life of battle brother Somethingius). What is life like for a psyker kid that becomes an astropath, give me the trials and tribulation of a little navigator boy that grows up, until he is the one soul in charge of 10.000 others, flinging his ship into the warp.
That sort of things.
>>
>>44371026
Lorgar starts a crusade against the Tau, a crusade of terror and intense Warp fuckery (destroying the faith in the Ethereals by seeing Deamon manifestations and other Psyker phenomenon in the streets) destroys the Tau empire and they break apart into highly armed enclaves (akin to the farsight enclaves) who attempt to create doomsday devices to destroy the new Deamon worlds and intimidate other planets into submission, a policy of scorched earth from the Chaos forces means there are no conversions/prisoners. The Imperial forces, no longer contesting with the Tau, and facing fewer Chaos incursions are able to build up and develop the border worlds, however the chain of command, being assholes, decide that the now slightly easier life in these worlds send in the Sisters of battle, who of course find the people wanting. The sisters, whilst effective in the pursuit of heretics are less effective against Xeno species. As the Tyranids of Hive fleet Leviathan (seeing an opening, and avoiding the old Tau worlds, being Deamonic and not very nutritious) assault the largely undefended Galactic south, this coupled with latent Ork populations reemerging (again due to the Sisters purge of the border worlds) leads to only one solution, the Grey Knights slaughter all the Sisters and cover themselves in the holy martyrs blood, so they may enter the eye of terror and retrieve Kaldor Draigo the only one capable of saving the galaxy. To aid them the Ultramarines shall single single-handedly hold back the Xenos, at one marine per system. They hold.... and hold....and hold, the mighty bulwark of humanity, waiting for the one hope of humanity to come and save them from the warp.
>>
>>44371397
Because in my post I said that Huron's crusade is happening in tandem with Abaddon's Black Crusade. The picture has information and dates about them both, you lazy bastard.
>>
>>44371501
>decide that the now slightly easier life in these worlds
Should read: decide that the now slightly easier life in these worlds means heresy, and send in the SoB
>>
>>44371408
Except the Tau mobility tactics is countered by the marines and the Eldar are way more mobile than the Tau. Both of these factions have outdone the Tau.

The guard losses because it's not equipped to handle what the Tau got to offer. Heck, they cannot into attrition war right. The Orks and Tyranids have given the Tau a more harder time through attrition than the IG. So the issue here is that the Guards suck.
>>
>>44371364
Derp.

The other right. I mean the left column.
>>
File: 1441910286941.png (26 KB, 660x800) Image search: [Google]
1441910286941.png
26 KB, 660x800
>>44371541
>tfw the guard would be far more effective if they had access to better radios and platoon level artillery support
>>
>>44371577
>and armor and guns
>>
>>44371592
Automatic laser guns would be dope as a primary weapon, no recoil and large clip.
>>
>>44371026
Emperor dies.
>>
>>44371592
>armor
>in platoon level combat.
all the guard needs for infantry assaults that work are platoon level mortars, loads of smoke grenades and lascarbines that are short.
that would make potent assault infantry that can close in and fuck the weeaboo menace up
>>
>>44371640
I'd rather a virus bombing, considering the level of inbreeding that must have gone into making the Tau into 5 morphological clades means they probably have shit genetic diversity. And watching Tau spew Yellow blood would be funny as fuck. Be like a watching a reverse piss.
>>
>>44371495
There's a trilogy of novels about an Arbites general or something living on a world controlled by various factions. Gives a good insight into the politics and fucked up the life of an ordinary citizen is
>>
>>44371541

Except the tau shit on the Marines in the new fluff.

>guard suck

And yet the imperial guard is the most powerful unified faction in 40k. The guard has always been the force that is ponderous and inflexible but unstoppable once they get going. That was their niche until GW decided to start smoking crack.
>>
>>44371702
You mean selling to 12 year olds?

Not a terrible business decision seeing as how older gamers were losing interest in the expensive hobby, especially with computer games becoming big.
>>
File: 1417476344034.png (278 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
1417476344034.png
278 KB, 500x356
>>44371211
I want to see the Rak'Gol take on the Tyranids and actually somehow win, then get a codex and models, but I know it'll never happen.
>>
>>44371702
>Except the tau shit on the Marines in the new fluff.

The whole theme of Kauyon was "focus on the marines". The war on the planet Prefectia was a war entirety focused on one thing which is kill as much marines as possible. It was an ambush war where, I quote a Tau sub-commander, "every marine death is a victory".

The Tau focused their efforts in isolating and gutting the only faction in the Imperial forces that can significantly hamper them. After considerable effort and planning the Tau succeeded but not without heavy losses. With the marines devastated, it was up to the guard to shine in Mont'ka. The guard had the Tau by the balls. The Tau were caught by surprise, they had no space control, and their small forces were dwarfed by the amount of Imperial forces on the planet (even after Farsight came with is men). What's the guard excuse for losing what should have been an easy victory?

>And yet the imperial guard is the most powerful unified faction in 40k.

And yet most famous Imperial battles required the Marines to actually win the wars. For example, the First and Second War of Armageddon.
>>
>>44371751
I think they'd have to fuck with the Imperium to attain codex status.
Maybe they ANNIHILATE a few chapters and raid a major forge world?
>>
>>44371766
The problem is, the Rak'Gol are described as being disjointed pirates, right? How the hell are they going to take on a FEW chapters of Space Marines?
>>
>>44371757
>>44371702

40k ground plebs pls, we all know the real powerhouses are the Imperial Navy and marine fleets battlefleet gothic masterrace
>>
>>44371782
Followed by the Collegia Titanica and then the Adeptus Astartes.
>>
>>44371026
Magnus tricks Tzeentch and gets his soul back, returning to the Imperium.
>>
>>44371775
Psychic apotheosis and/or bitchin' ass shit stolen tech?
>>
>>44371668
thats pretty high tech stuff anon, what I suggested just required the aquisition of a few light mortars to support the hammer during combat
>>
>>44371856
It'd probably be the latter with their penchant for modifying their bodies. Also, aren't they described as being physically stronger/as strong as Space Marines?
>>
>>44371026

I want Abaddon to get punked and replaced my someone fresh.
>>
>>44371917
I got it, they find an STC.
I think you're right about their physical attributes.
I want them as a faction so bad.
>>
>>44371944

AND HIS NAME IS ARCHAON
>>
>>44371751

Tyranids don't have planets to take over.

HQ: Almost entirely cybernetic Rak'Gol
Elite: Cybernetic Rak'gol
Troop: Regular Rak'gol

>that's it

Lol.
>>
>>44372013
I mean, if the Marines or IG didn't have a codex you could simplify it like that too. I'm sure the Rak'Gol could make vehicles and have different kinds of weaponry akin to heavy weapons teams and whatnot.
>>
>>44372030

Not really, since marines and IG have so much actual fluff and known hierarchy. Yeah you could flesh out Rak'Gol more, but the point is right now that's all they got. What else can we do until they get more material? Throw in fast attack troops and heavy weapon troops but that's still only one unit per category.

That's actually enough for a mini-dex, but that's not much model variety.
>>
>>44372045
Why not fluff them out in the codex? Or do some kind of event beforehand, like a Black Library novel about them and their inclusion into the power struggle of the galaxy.
>>
>>44372053

They should have a rad weapon troop too like Destroyers. And a boarding marine style troop, so you could have either planetfall forces or boarding forces.

Right now the biggest problem with them is that every unit I can imagine is just a Rak'Gol. You can make them look different but at the end of the day they're all going to be eight legged rock mantis lizards.

We need a way to break up their silhouette or anatomy.
>>
>>44372045
Rak'Gol is a FFG creation. You won't see them in GW stuff because GW probably want to avoid anout Malal situation.
>>
>>44372068

I'm gonna make a Rak'Gol army.
>>
>>44372081
Prepare to be sued.
>>
>>44372068
Oh, I see. We'll probably never see the Rak'Gol get a codex. That kind of bums me out.
>>
>>44372125

HQ

1 Abomination
1 Broodmaster
1 Clutchmaster

Elite

1 Techno-Shaman

Fast Attack

5-10 Carvers

Heavy Support

5-10 Renders

Troops

10-20 Marauders
10-20 Unblooded
>>
>>44371690
You don't happen to have the name of that anon?
I'm getting Christmas money, time to spend it.
>>
>>44371026
Put everything to scale. God-fucking Emperor why is that so hard. And make it so that everyone has a chance of getting it out alive and in better shape, but their chance is getting closer every minute, and everyone else is bearing down on them. Make it larger-than-life, bombastic, full of witty one-liners, crushing defeats and miraculous victories. Come on.

Change the fucking Leman Russ tank. It looks like an abortion.
>>
>>44372063
>Right now the biggest problem with them is that every unit I can imagine is just a Space Marine. You can make them look different but at the end of the day they're all going to be bulky armor dudes.
>We need a way to break up their silhouette or anatomy.
>>
>>44372226
I believe he's talking about the Shira Calpurnia books.

>>44372068
Depends entirely on the contracts. Could be that GW owns any new additions.
>>
Orks pour into Tau space and zog em up gud

The Necron don't actually have personalities.

SW: Less wolf wolf wolf, less vikings, more rebels.
>>
>>44372340

Centurion
Terminator
Dreadnought
Rhino
Land Raider
Drop Pod
Bike
Scout
>>
>>44372538

Land Speeder
Stormtalon
Storm Raven
Thunderfire Cannon
Rapier
Sicaran
Contemptor
Deredeo
Leviathan
>>
>>44372544

Xiphon
Assault Marine
Sanguinary Guard
Thunderwolf Cavalry
Fenrisian Wolf
Logan Grimnar on Stormrider
Caestus Assault Ram
Nephilim
Stormwolf
Mastodon
>>
>>44372551

Attack Bike
Hyperios Battery
Spartan
Fellglaive
Thunderhawk

Think that's everything. Everything else is a derivation of those chassis.
>>
>>44372538
>>44372544
>>44372551
Your argument would have been better if you hadn't have included vehicles.
>>
File: eldar.jpg (163 KB, 1297x1000) Image search: [Google]
eldar.jpg
163 KB, 1297x1000
>Advancing to early 42nd millenium
>13th Black Crusade getting resolved
>Huron challenging Abaddon's #1 position as the warmaster
>Ghazghkull's worldwide WAAAGH starting to become a thing
>Tau getting locked into total war with IoM or some other major player like a legion led by a Daemon Primarch
>Civil unrest and leadership disputes in Tau empire
>Mechanicum finding some major STC that has actual effect on Imperium's tech (read The Ark Mechanicus part https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Standard_Template_Construct)
>Khaine's gate starting to crack in Commorragh and making Deldar get buttfucked
>Primarch sighting or a rumor that would drive all loyalist marines (at least of the said legion/successor chapters) into zealous drive and make them get shit done
>Another Macharian crusade
>Orks somehow defeating Tyranids instead having the conflict turn into another meatgrinder
>Shon'tu, Honsou, Fabulous Bile and Trazyn shenigans
>Something new about Emperor

Basically less gloom and doom for IoM and advancement from 3rd Armageddon war and 13th Black crusade into something fresher. Can't come up with anything that's Eldar related.
>>
>>44372752
>13th Black Crusade getting resolved
>Huron challenging Abaddon's #1 position as the warmaster

The Huron Schism.

What ostensibly started as a political conflict between Abbadon and Blackheart over the position of Warmaster rapidly turned into a war between those who seek power in Chaos and those who seek power using Chaos. The Black Legion versus the Red Corsairs. Emperor's Children versus Iron Warriors. World Bearers versus Night Lords.
>>
>>44371501
>Lorgar starts
Lorgar has been moping around in his bedroom for 10,000 years now, he isn't starting shit.
>>
>>44372832

Both NL and EC are too fractured to wage a war against legions like IW or WB
>>
>>44373136
But you get what I was going for, right?
>>
>>44371501
I doubt the tau would fracture if the ethereal died because of they culture of obedience the ethereal created around themselves what's more likely is that the tau still stick together but become far more brutal and savage in how the handle things. and farsight may take control
>>
>>44371577
>>44371592
>>44371614
>>44371640
the guard just needs better quality tech in general
>>
>>44371996
I believe this is the proper theme music you're looking for good sir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHWmOEVd63E
>>
>>44371640
>platoon level mortars

All IG mortars that aren't stuck on tanks are literally platoon level mortars, along with platoon level las cannons, platoon level autocannons, platoon level heavy bolters and platoon level missile launchers.
>>
File: BUENO 1.jpg (94 KB, 400x376) Image search: [Google]
BUENO 1.jpg
94 KB, 400x376
>>44371042
>Tau fought to a stalemate against unending IG in Damocles

I might be wrong but from what I heard about it, it was more like this:
>Bored Black Templars (they ran out of monstrous creatures to charge and too many neophytes survived bullet spoonge duty) sent out a message to everyone who might have listened
>Hey, guys, we're overstocked on neophytes, let's go shank some tau
>Some drunk Imperial Commanders thought it would be a great idea
>Everyone managed to load up into their respective rides and most actually made it there.
>After that they engaged in Jolly Cooperation for a while and everything was awesome, tau got their shit pushed in
>but then someone got bored (or killed)
>Everyone basicaly started doing their own thing
>Then some people remembered that they had actualy important things to do and left
>Some other people got bored and wandered off in search of greater lulz
>Or got killed
>Then everyone who was still fighting said fuck it and left too
>Tau defeated 3,5 regiments of IG left to defend the conquered territory and took a few planets that only 0,5 regiments stationed on them cared about

>Tau STRONK

>Tau got their shit pushed in by the Imperial equivalent of an average 4chins raid and were not wiped out only because the Imperials got bored and/or found out thay had better and/or more important thigs to do.
>>
>>44373532
I like this version. It makes the Damocles Crusade a lot closer to the real Crusades.
>>
>>44373532
Wrong.

The Damocles Crusade was retconned be massive crusade against the Tau with 100+ regiments. After losing a lot of territory to the crusade, the Tau stalemated the crusade on Dal'yth Prime and were in the process on encircling it. News of Behemoth coupled with virtually zero chances of victory, caused the crusade disbanded and return to the Imperium.

Imperialsfags are still stuck in the past. They still think squats are a thing.
>>
>>44373557
>They still think squats are a thing.

Now who's stock in the past?

Squats are back.
>>
>>44373572
Only as a tiny reference in 6th ED main rulebook. Can you name an recent event where they featured?
>>
>>44373586
A small thing is still a thing.
>>
>>44371132
This
>This
>>So much this

If 40k is going to get into mainstream vidya they need to start with something like this. Shit direct to DVD or even web based is fine just something small to get the ball rolling. Next thing you know hollywood will be so desperate for a fresh setting that hasn't been done before that they will churn out shit tier special effect circlejerks which is all I ever wanted.

>pic related, following a small inquisitorial team would be a good start. It is common enough in the "crime procedural" drama genre that people could relate.
>>
>>44373595
You do know that they retconned by saying the Nids ate them all up? Technically, they are a thing in the setting but are they really a thing of relevance? An actual thing? No.
>>
>>44373557
And?

Well, okay, I guess it was an above average 4chin raid. (In numbers)

>Tau stalemated the crusade on Dal'yth Prime and were in the process on encircling it. News of Behemoth coupled with virtually zero chances of victory, caused the crusade disbanded and return to the Imperium.

That was the point where people remembered tahat they had more important things to do (Behemoth, because protecting Imperium) and/or better (Behemoth and/or other things because they thought it would be more glorious to fight these new xenos scum than shanking the old vag faced xenos scum that can't into CQC and relatively harmlessly sit on their asses in the Imperium's backyard)
>>
>>44373532
>>44373661
IIRC, Admech fucked off because they had found what they came for and couldn't be assed to stay.
>>
>>44373678
Well, yes. As I said, people found better things to do.
>>
>>44373661
>And?

It was a massive crusade that was ordered by the High Lords of Terra themselves. Who are the High Lords of 4chan?

>That was the point where people remembered tahat they had more important things to do

Actually, the crusade was withdrawing before news of Behemoth reached them. The crusade broke apart to two factions. The faction that wanted to stay and continue the fight and the faction that knew the war was unwinnable and wanted to withdraw and nuke the world (it included the Crusade commander).

When news of Behemoth came, the faction that wanted to stay, grudgingly conceded and withdrew with the rest of the crusade.
>>
>>44373703
>Ordered by the high lords of terra.
Okay.
Btw, the 100+ regiments is a lot, but not that much.
(I think numerically it's less then a spess marine legion, and inb4 anything, the most abundant resource in imperium is mans)
It was kind of like this:
>Hey, we're overstocked on IG regiments.
>Send them on a crusade against something.

Actually, the crusade was withdrawing before news of Behemoth reached them. The crusade broke apart to two factions. The faction that wanted to stay and continue the fight and the faction that knew the war was unwinnable and wanted to withdraw and nuke the world (it included the Crusade commander).
>>44373532
>After that they engaged in Jolly Cooperation for a while and everything was awesome, tau got their shit pushed in
>but then someone got bored (or killed)
>Everyone basicaly started doing their own thing
>Then some people remembered that they had actualy important things to do and left
>Some other people got bored and wandered off in search of greater lulz
>Or got killed
>Then everyone who was still fighting said fuck it and left too
>>
File: Jericho reach.jpg (63 KB, 487x203) Image search: [Google]
Jericho reach.jpg
63 KB, 487x203
>>44373817
Do marines legions number in the hundreds of billion?
>>
>>44373703
Also, getting encircled was not a setback, it was a Black templars tactic that allowed to charge the enemies more efficiently.
And the Crusade Commander was a huge pussy who should have been shot by a Commissar.

>>44373843
Get your facts straight then.
Is a regiment a billion of guardsmen in number?
100+ regiments =/= hundreds of billions of guardsmen
>>44373557
100 Regiments is what, a million of guardsmen? I am more of a casual fluff fag, so correct and enlighten me if I am wrong.
>>
>>44373843
It's funny, the Tau are very often "employing every trick and stratagem" but they always have an ace in the hole. Either GW is publishing some bullshit, or the Tau have become more adaptable than Nids.
>>
>>44373888
The numbers of 100 Regiments can very wildly. IG is a clusterfuck of organization.
>>
>>44373888
There wasn't any Black Templar in the Damocles Crusade.

>Is a regiment a billion of guardsmen in number?

I dunno ask GW. Regiments don't have a solid number.
>>
>>44371026
Would be cool if some Water Caste diplomat offered them to convert to Gue'Vesa only to get absolutly destroyed
>>
>>44373954
From the 40k wiki:
>each regiment can consist of between three and twenty companies, and may number from a couple of hundred men to tens of thousands

Ok, let's face it, regiments more than 10K mans are probably somewhat rare.
Then we have regiments that aren't at full strength, etc.

10 millions is stretching it.
Hundreds of BILLIONS? NOPE.

>>44373970
A CRUSADE WITHOUT BLACK TEMPLARS? HERESY!!!

Go to 40k wiki

Damocles Gulf Crusade page:
Order of Battle of the Damocles Gulf Crusade:
Adeptus Astartes Chapters:
>BLACK TEMPLARS
>>
>>44373940
Actually...

>In the sky war above, Kor’O’Li’Mau’Teng’s Air caste pilots took a heavy toll – even the Admiral himself joined the fight in his personalised Barracuda, hunting Space Marine gunships like a great golden raptor harrying a pack of corvids. A young progeny of the original Commander Brightsword excelled himself in a series of close quarter battlesuit actions at the Battle of Var’isar Gate, even managing to stamp a skull-masked warrior leader into a broken mass of ceramite and pulped flesh in one assault. Farsight commissioned his ingenious Earth caste ally O’Vesa to devise new weapons capable of dealing with the thickly-armoured tanks of the Imperium’s armies, and the scientist’s teams worked night and day, distributing them as and when they could via the messenger-warriors of the Air caste.

The Tau scientists during the Damocles crusade (see above) worked hard to adapt and develop weapons to counter the Imperial numbers and armor while Tau commanders like Farsight and Shadowsun worked to adapt their tactics and strategies to better combat the Imperial juggernaut. This ultimately lead Farsight to crack the marine codex and create the Mirrorcodex which allowed Tau commanders to predict and counter marine tactics.

They are nearly as adaptive and dynamic as the nids. That's their point as faction.
>>
>>44374019
My mistake.

The lore focuses on the Ultramarine and White Scars. If the Templar are there, then they didn't do much.
>>
>>44374023
So Gee Dubya is publishing some bullshit? Because developing and distributing new weapons in 5 minutes flat counts as bullshit. Also, what kinda fucking name is Kor’O’Li’Mau’Teng?
>>
>>44374032
Wait a second.

The Black Templar mention is not cited.
>>
>>44374032
>Ultramarines

And the lore focuses on the White Scars for the Damocles Crusade, nothing wrong with that.

Doesn't mean the other SIX chapters sat on their asses doing nothing.

Black Templars
Iron Hands
Novamarines
Raven Guard
Scythes of the Emperor
Subjugators
Ultramarines
White Scars
>>
>>44371577
I hold Guilliman responsible for this. Pretty much when he was writing up the codex astarties and breaking up the Imperium so another large scale rebellion could be near impossible either he took a look at the Imperial Army and said "Hey a well equip army regiment can devastate entire worlds without much outside help. We can't have that or one rouge officer could fucker over something important." And thus the Imperial army was split into the guard and navy, and guard regiments we no longer allowed to stock combined arms. The idea being with well coordinated use of artillery, armor, infantry, and orbital support even small units of the Imperial army were too strong, and thus a risk of fucking up something important.
>>
>>44374092
>guard regiments we no longer allowed to stock combined arms
>making shit up
It all depends on the regiment. And even those that are purely artillery regiments, do you think they are sent anywhere alone?
>>
>>44371026
More Xenos vs Xenos and Xenos vs Chaos lore. I'm tired of the Inperium being in every single major event, get some variety out there
>>
>>44374109
Knowing Administratum, yes.
>>
>>44374109
Of course they get deployed with other regiments that have other weapons, but that doesn't solve the problem. With the artillery and infantry under different chains of command. Now when the sergeant calls for artillery, he can't go right to the crews, but instead to high command of a different regiment, than if the fire mission is approved it has to go through the entire chain of command back down to artillery crews. After all that waiting the sergeant and his squad may be dead, or the coordinates got messed up through all those people and now the wrong area is getting bombed.

Also I'm not pulling this out of my ass. Only War rulebook is my main reference on this.
>>
>>44374208
>Only War
FFG RPGs aren't canon.
>>
>>44374277

They're more canon than GW at this point. GW has shown it has no idea what other is doing.
>>
>>44374208
Don't worry, in the IG, the Company Commander telling his vox caster to tell the Master of Ordinance to tell the artillery to fire on the Company Commanders target will imbue those artillery shells with the ability to completely ignore the cover their targets are hiding in.
>>
File: Stik Ya.jpg (767 KB, 900x1004) Image search: [Google]
Stik Ya.jpg
767 KB, 900x1004
Ghazghkull's Waaagh destroys the Tyranid presence in Octarius and goes about creating a Waaagh like the which hasn't been seen since the era of The Beast. Yarrick unfortunately is killed by Tau and Ghazghkull catches wind of this. Enraged at the loss of his rival he plots his Waaagh straight down the Tau Empire's throat for Gork and Mork and personal vengeance.

Yarrick's death was of course faked to pit the enemies of man against one another and Yarrick privately hopes he'll get the chance at Ghazghkull once the Tau are ground into paste.
>>
>>44373843

>Hundreds of billions

GW should get some ground rules when it comes to scale, christ.
>>
>>44375519
Other times they have planetary campaigns with maybe 100.000 casualties.

GW cannot into consistency or scale or anything requiring numbers.
>>
>>44371026

Return of the Squats. No biker stereotypes, not short Imperial guard but a unique faction. They were my first army in 1992 in the good ole days of rogue trader. I have been been painting mantic Forge Fathers as of late just for fun.
>>
>>44375121
swap (presumably)killed with captured

Because then you get a campaign where Ghazghkull invades the Tau Empire and smashes it up to rescue Yarrick. Yarrick himself would, of course, be broken out of confinement before he arrives by a small group of stormtroopers and start leading a human revolt against the Tau overlords.

Then at the end you have the scrappy human resistance and ork waagh clash in a fucked up tau city.
>>
>>44372068
Is it just me, or are the Rak'Gol Zoat-expies, just like the Demiurgs are for Squats?
>>
>>44377481
Yarrick could have escaped at any time but he knew Ghazghkull would only have taken the bait if he thought he was captured and helpless.

At the end they catch each others gaze from across the ruins of the Tau's grandest city and they charge one another gladly. Across the Galaxy and for the rest of their lives, they will fight one another endlessly.
>>
>>44371287
Tau had plot armor. That's it.
>>
>>44371342
Depends on the regiment. IG can play any possible tactic.
>>
>>44374040
Writers on crack saving their faction.
>>
File: 1421788498264.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1421788498264.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>44378269
Plot armor called 'vastly superior technology and tactics'.

Seriously, the only reason the Imperium is threatening is that it will *always* win in the long term solely because of the industrial capacity it can bring to bear. The Tau were saved by the bell - their vastly superior (at least compared to the IG, pound for pound) managed to delay Imperial victory until a crisis inevitably came up to divert their attention and resources.

Not so much a case of plot armor as it is a case of someone other than the Imperium being allowed to succeed for once.
>>
>>44371026
The IoM develops a bioweapon that wipes out ork spores, and they utilize this to destroy the orks once and for all. Seriously, fuck them.
>>
>>44378514
>plot armor called "make everyone but Tau complete retards"
Fixed it
>>
File: MaccabianJanissaries.jpg (47 KB, 600x428) Image search: [Google]
MaccabianJanissaries.jpg
47 KB, 600x428
>>44371757
>And yet most famous Imperial battles required the Marines to actually win the wars.
If the Imperial Guard could take care of it on their own then it doesn't get mentioned. No glory for these bastards.
>>
>>44378514
No, they were saved by Farsight showing up, for some reason. Basically, it was plot armor. And Creed-type commanders are a thing in the IG.
>>
>>44378514
>a case of someone other than the Imperium being allowed to succeed for once
is this what tau fans really believe
>>
>>44378514
>someone other than the Imperium being allowed to succeed for once

Is Imperial Armour not a thing?
>>
>>44378514
>Not so much a case of plot armor as it is a case of someone other than the Imperium being allowed to succeed for once.
anon, people were okay with the Tau successfully defending against the first crusade. It's the massive upscaling of the Imperial forces and the Tau success that results in people getting mad.

The Tau used to be underdogs, but at this point in time they've got the most plot armour. So now they're "underdogs" beating the odds.
>>
File: Monolith.jpg (628 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Monolith.jpg
628 KB, 1920x1080
Have the Necrons land on Mars again, this time they don't get destroyed, pick "something" up and leave all the while everything gun in the vicinity fires upon them but don nothing.

That or the Outsider appears in the universe/galaxy once more intact.
>>
File: 1391874335679.jpg (18 KB, 325x324) Image search: [Google]
1391874335679.jpg
18 KB, 325x324
>>44378598
Taufags just know how to deflect arguments with ad hominems and even more unfounded Tauwankery
>NU-UH it's the Imperium and Eldar that are weeb
>you're just butthurt that it's not all about your homo spehs muhrinees
>you're just a salty Imperial
>you're just a neckbeard who hates anything slightly japanese related for no reason
>you're just a faggot who hates the newest faction for no reason
>you just hate the Tau because you're an edgy beta
>you're just a butthurt manchild who can't accept that Tau have superior tech and tactics
>NU UH it's totally the Tau haters that are cancer
>it's not plot armor because *insert some unfounded plot armor*
It's quite Jewish
>>
>>44378514

Bitch the Tau beat a Tyranid Hive Fleet via planetside combat.
>>
>>44371026
Nearly anything that's surprising and actually seriously hurts a faction.
>>
>>44371165
Like a tank with a suspension system maybe
>>
>>44371408
>Non-imperials are Mary Sues

Dream on
>>
>>44371614
>laser guns
>large clip

Improper use of the word clip aside, no. You're wrong.
>>
>>44380165
Not the chap you responded to, but in DH2 the standard lasgun has a sixty-shot cell. Never how I imagined it, personally.
>>
>>44380165
Not that anon, but a laser gun could theoretically have an arbitrarily large battery size, assuming we make advances in battery technology. It's simply a matter of energy density. So far, we've not managed to beat gunpowder in energy density, but there's no theoretical hindrance. Thus, with sufficient development, you could have laser guns with a large amount of shots per charge. A ballistic weapon is inherently limited by the weight of each projectile and the weight of the propellant, be it in the form of explosives or power for some magnetic system.

If you meant to point out that the first man-portable weapons will not have a capacity worth mentioning, you should have specified that, as it's a valid point. Presumably, we'll get better at making batteries as time goes on, and lasers might become viable.

Personally, I'm going to guess it's not going to be anything but ballistic weapons for a fair amount of time, but that's beside the point in this case.
>>
File: 1387571590841.jpg (238 KB, 1223x773) Image search: [Google]
1387571590841.jpg
238 KB, 1223x773
>>44375519
>GW

It's from a FFG book, and was posted, as usual, by an infamous troll who among other things has previously declared FFG non-canon.
>>
File: implications3.jpg (137 KB, 722x517) Image search: [Google]
implications3.jpg
137 KB, 722x517
>>44380428
he only started doing that because I'd bring up things like this when he'd get out of hand

>30 marines
>15000+ tau casualties
>in three hours
>>
File: 99800113015_TauEtherealNEW01.jpg (57 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
99800113015_TauEtherealNEW01.jpg
57 KB, 920x950
>>44380506
>Aun'O Bhi

Wha'n?
>>
>>44380307
>no theoretical hindrance.

Waste heat dumped into the casing and gas that exits the barrel is a *huge* advantage, as is not needing a reversible process.
>>
>>44380747
The theoretical hindrance was aimed at energy density of nitrogen-based explosives versus batteries. You're right, but heat dispersal is not related to ammo capacity. A gun should be designed with both in mind, and I agree that lasers aren't practical in any sense unless we can make them more heat-efficient, but the discussion at hand was ammo capacity.

Though, given a sufficiently efficient laser, which we are approaching, a laser weapon should produce close to no spillage of heat. Waste heat is just that after all, and the process of generating a laser does not intrinsically generate heat in the generator, like in a conventional gun or combustion engine.

The "sufficiently efficient" is probably not feasible within the foreseeable future, but nonetheless, and even a hyper-advanced laser would produce some heat.
>>
>>44380506

Seems reasonable. Humans are > Tau in melee, all things considered. FW practice melee to make up for it, but so do humans. Marines are famously claimed to be 10:1 to the best troops, as quoted by Dorn. Factor in power level wank and the superiority of individual 40k marines compared to the more mass produced 30k marines, and an elite team cutting down 500 FW who have no actual support or even close combat weapons like breachers or fusion, and it's not absurd.

It's not like they cut down 500 suits and Riptides. Also keep in mind marines are stronger the more there are. They have teamwork too you know.
>>
A human resistance group on a tau controlled world.
I have a scene in my head where a procession of fire and water caste tau are marching through a recently conquered city, everyones cheering and shit, then a small child runs up to the water caste ambassador and goes to hug him, the ambassador, elated that the populace is accepting the greater good, kneels down to hug the child, then he notices the bomb vest.
The ambassador, the child and seven fire caste warriors get blown up, and tens of others are wounded, human insurgents run in and gun down the survivors before retreating again.
Basically isis.
>>
File: 1450840904558.jpg (115 KB, 800x447) Image search: [Google]
1450840904558.jpg
115 KB, 800x447
>>44371165
does pic related tickle your fancy?
>>
>>44381089
No I'm not sure you understand, the ratio was 1:500. As in, each marine was getting 500.

Granted they are deathwatch, and deathwatch is crazy, but the logistics of killing fifteen thousand dudes in three hours with only thirty guns is absolutely insane.
>>
File: DIE_FOR_THE_EMPORER.png (374 KB, 842x725) Image search: [Google]
DIE_FOR_THE_EMPORER.png
374 KB, 842x725
>>44381346
put a dozer blade on it and you'd have one hell of an awesome DKOK tank
>>
>>44381386
I've always assumed that heavy support and explosives were involved in some way. And that civilians who charged the Astartes in defense of their Ethereal were counted in this kill ratio.
>>
>>44381346
something like that
but goes at sanic speeds.
and with close range grenade dischargers.
>>
>>44381444
They'd still have to be killing more than one tau a second for the entire three hours to make that tally, though.
>>
>>44381534
probably funneled them into kill teams
>>
>>44381534

One bolter round explodes and kills like three dudes per shot whenever marines are shown firing into crowds

One chainsword backhand cleaves through however many chumps are standing next to the marine trying to whack his power armor with twigs
>>
>>44381542
kill zones I mean.
>>
>>44381386

The 1 is for the marines side not each marine. It could also have been just the narrators ratio. And what are the chances of each marine getting 500 kills on the dot? RAI not RAW
>>
>>44380120
>tfw no challenger/comet hybrid to paint red and go fast in.
>>
>>44381584
500+ is the given number, so it's likely even higher, just rounded down because who honestly cares how many tau you kill
>>
>>44381618
>yfw the 500:1 guy had the lowest KDR

Step it up, Brother-Narrator.
>>
>>44382258
narrator's a librarian, so he was likely in command of the operation

>tfw your battle brothers keep stealing your kills
>>
The entire setting ends.
>>
>>44371821
He did nothing wrong
>>
>>44371960
Finding a stc is a cop out
>>
>>44371026
Helbrecht/Yarrick whacky adventure coming to a close or something like it.
>>
No space marines Tbh
>>
>>44382853
>hur dur i like star wars but i'd like there to not be storm troopers clone troopers jedi or sith plox

Fucking retard.
>>
>>44383883
Come on guys lets try and be a nice
>>
>>44380428
Posted as a joke, stalker-anon.

>>44380506
And you. Don't flatter yourself.

I consider it not canon because of what ADB said in about it in the Loose Canon article, not because you little you.

I have more to gain in FFG stuff are canon since it has awesome Newcron lore.
>>
>>44374092
>girlyman crippled the fighting efficiency of the guard and doomed the imperium because he was a LARPing romefag
>>
>>44389031
> my lord we really have to talk about these reforms
> you will adress me as patrician gulliman pleb, now go away, im attending an orgy soon and i must prepare
>>
>>44389139
yeah, I kinda feel bad for the guardsmen after playing games made by lelic.
>all the guard needed was smoke, light artillery and more heavier squad based weapons.
>rowboat made his memebook and fucked off.
fucking smurfs mane
>>
>>44389184
And you cant change it now becuase any major change in the imperium would proabably destroy it, and any minor change would get you shot for heresy.
>>
>>44389184
>playing games
and now it makes sense.
on the table IG do get light artillery and heavy squad based weapons, or are you really saying autocannons and lascannons aren't heavy?
>>
File: 1383998860130.png (863 KB, 1279x588) Image search: [Google]
1383998860130.png
863 KB, 1279x588
>>44371026
I want to see a C'Tan in battle, to read how they fight.

In my mind they maintain a single state of mind with no care for how likely they are to be shattered.

To control the material realm as they please. With a wave of their hand a Riptide is unraveled like how a child unwraps a pastry covered in foil, with an upward flick of a finger the pilot is flung into space.

Getting blasted by a Baneblade, the C'Tan turns to face in the Baneblade's direction, but the C'Tan isn't looking at the Super Heavy Tank, it's looking at the Command Chimera behind it and the C'Tan performs a Transliminal Stride, splitting reality asunder just to move faster, destroying the Baneblade caught in it's path without paying any attention to it. It proceeds to lift the Chimera into the air and slowly crushes it, even the explosion from the fuel and ammunition detonating is crushed back and the vehicle becomes no bigger than a marble, which gets cast like an unstoppable bullet into the enemy's ranks.

When I think of them fighting, I don't them of them smashing enemies like Sauron does it, I picture them as the Gods of the Material Realm they are meant to be.

Do any stories describe them like this? They don't really seem to make any appearances.
>>
>>44392723
The necron have c'tan shards strapped into big machines that they zap at people, but nothing on pure c'tan
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.