[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for roleplay online.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: sad baby face photos (16).jpg (23 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
sad baby face photos (16).jpg
23 KB, 400x286
Are there any games besides NWN2 and Starbound that support an extensive roleplay community? Both those games are dead/dying and I can't seem to find anything else. I'd prefer it not to be a forum type thing if possible, though.
>>
>>44355251
There is WoW, but I can from experience tell you that ever server is shit, and that the bad will so far outweigh the good that it will either make you an asshole or slowly warp your perception of what is decent to the point you become one of them.
>>
>>44355286
Oh man I don't think I want to deal with that. I spent about a year on SB RP and I knew a few servers like that.
>>
>>44355251
Dragonrealms.
Text based tho. Got some good rp there.
>>
>>44355251
I know how this is going to be received, but I want to assure you that this is not how it originally sounds...

I used to role play quite often on an MMO called Furcadia. However, I must warn you that the game is based on, written by, and populated on it's surface by furries.

There are, however, different subsets of "rooms" called dreams, and you used to be able to find ones that did not allow furry characters or players. This is where I spent my time.

I joined a continuity called Dragon's Fort for about six years and had a lot of interesting stories unfold.

I would not blame you for not going there, though. The autism is strong there, and you'd be exposed to a lot of... Unsightly things.
>>
>>44355374
I c-can imagine. I mean I might be missing out on some good RP but the risk of someone finding out I spend my time on "furcadia"...

nope nope nope
>>
>>44355394
...Yeah. I've not told anybody about that because it seems like it would be a lot to explain. But for the few good role players, which only make up about 10% of it's population, the dynamics of the groups and worlds were really interesting.

I need to find another text based game sometime, to play. Something with "paragraph style" play and character profiles.
>>
>>44355439
I gotta say you might find some luck with Starbound Roleplay. while a lot of silliness can happen, there's a few really good RPers out there, and one or two decent servers as well.
>>
>>44355251
NWN1 online was better. I recommend Escape From The Underdark server. Haks are optional. Pvp and lethality are high, magic and levels are low. Plan accordingly
>>
>>44355471
Oh man uh I'm more the type to RP a noncombatant like a shopkeeper or something. I have a feeling I wouldn't last very long in a place like that.
>>
Does anyone know of any good fantasy role play forums? I haven't even looked into this stuff in years.
>>
If anyone is looking for some Scifi RP I'd recommend the SB server Orion's Edge. It's in a bit of a slump right now but it's usually pretty decent.
>>
SS13 can have some allright roleplay on heavy-rp servers.
>>
>>44355286
Yep. This. This completely.
>>
File: 1436102389368.jpg (66 KB, 546x618) Image search: [Google]
1436102389368.jpg
66 KB, 546x618
How's Sindome?
>>
>>44355251
Wait, Starbound is dying ? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, last time I heard about it (and watched a 40 hours let's play), it was still blooming.
It seemed to be on it's way to become something amazing, I'm sad that it's slowly dying
>>
>>44358356
I mean that might just be me getting paranoid, I don't know for sure. I hope its not. And I'm just talking about the roleplay community.
>>
You're reminding me and I'm triggered

In what other game can I become Jefferson Davis and use my Devil-granted powers to fight crime
>>
Roll20 or whatever
>>
>>44361575
What game is that?
>>
File: meri kurisumasu.png (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
meri kurisumasu.png
1 MB, 1280x1024
>>44361758
You sweet, innocent soul

It wasCity of Heroes
>>
File: event3.jpg (46 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
event3.jpg
46 KB, 800x600
>>44355374

Furcadia is fucking awful. It takes everything bad with freeform roleplaying (everybody is a snowflake, there's no neutral aspect such as dice to determine outcomes, there's no sense of progression other than character development) and mashes it together with fucking furries.

I spent over a decade roleplaying there, and it's one of my biggest regrets. I could have been playing P&P rpgs instead. I can't tell you what the fuck I did roleplay-wise in Furcadia but I could tell you a handful of stories from the P&P games I've played over the years.

Hell, I could even tell you a few stories of the AD&D games I played 16 years ago. But Furcadia? Pretty much nothing.

As another suggestion, years ago I played on a pretty good private WoW server. They even had DM run events and mechanical aspects from the game behind it -- you could progress and grow stronger based on how long you played (or, if you liked to risk it, by AFKing in a corner).

Some of the best RP I've ever experienced happened there. Back then it was called Prologue but now it's called... Legacy, or something?

Might be worth checking out but I can't attest to it.
>>
>>44358356
>>44360273
Starbound was dying since early access.
Turns out people don't like when you promise a lot of things, half-assedly implement 1% of them and run with the money.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>44361790
I sense a story.

>>44361798
THing is while it's a bad game, it's a super awesome RP platform.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.