[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing any other chapter why? Ultramarines are not only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: Ultramarines_Artificer_Armour.jpg (23 KB, 250x403) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarines_Artificer_Armour.jpg
23 KB, 250x403
>playing any other chapter

why? Ultramarines are not only the default choice and the poster boys of the Imperium but they are the best choice as every other Astartes aspires to be like them surely you just painted your army in the wrong color by mistake and acknowledge the inferiority of other chapters right? They are pure, they have excellent tactics and they have by far the best color scheme truly they were blessed by the Emperor.
>>
Black Templars are better.
>>
>>44344568
Go suck Rowboat Girlyman's faggot cock a bit more OP, his undead body in stasis might come down your throat if you keep sucking at it so furiously.
>>
>>44344616
I would like to remind you young man that 4chan is a christian site and this sort of language won't be tolerated.
>>
>>44344568

>Poster boys

Who's in Dark Vengeance again?

Who's been on the cover of the core rulebook for two editions?

Who are the First Legion?
>>
File: angrymarines.jpg (75 KB, 900x556) Image search: [Google]
angrymarines.jpg
75 KB, 900x556
>>44344641
You shut your goddamn chaos whore mouth too.
>>
>>44344568
because the Exorcist exist and their color scheme is much better and they have cooler lore
>>
>>44344568
That's an Alpha Legion marine
>>
File: AsterionMoloc3.jpg (139 KB, 680x880) Image search: [Google]
AsterionMoloc3.jpg
139 KB, 680x880
>>44344568
I'd like a word with you
>>
>>44344568
Matt, is that you? Get off the internet before someone tries to stab you again.
>>
File: Raptors_Scout_Marine.jpg (114 KB, 525x952) Image search: [Google]
Raptors_Scout_Marine.jpg
114 KB, 525x952
>>44344568
Heard you were talking shit
>>
File: Girls.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
477 KB, 560x500
>>44335393
>>44335393
>>44335393
>>44335393
>>44335393

>His Primarch got his ass kicked by a non astartes
>>
File: Tyberos The Red Wake.jpg (120 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
Tyberos The Red Wake.jpg
120 KB, 800x680
No. Lightning claw chainfists. Because fuck you.
>>
>>44344568
Okay definite troll, but I'll bite.

Ultramarines are the generic chapter (fanboys read this as them being so awesome there's loads of them, but since when has being load of a thing made it the best?) they lack any real personality traits or character (fanboys see this as meaning they're flawles) and they're an easy colour to paint.

They're the intro starter marines until you mature enough to want to play/paint something a bit more nuanced and interesting.
>>
>>44345076
That's the crimson fists/grey knights/every founding chapter since M34
>>
>An Ultramarine apothecary called Isstvan Cantaro
>Isstvan Cantaro
>Isstvan

Who in his right mind names his child after Isstvan?
>>
>not Blood Ravens

It's like you don't want a constant supply of relics gifted to your chapter
>>
>>44344568
>poster boys
>>
>>44344568

I started with Ultramarines because I'm a boring vanilla faggot who plays Ryu and Ken in Street Fighter, the default starting warrior in fantasy/MMOs, Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske in Guilty Gear, Terrans in Starcraft, assualt rifles like the M4 in shooting games, etc.

Only reason I still don't play Ultramarines is because I got bored of them after a couple years and other chapters had more interesting stuff going for them, and mostly because I had exhausted all the Ultramarines fluff. There really is such a thing as too much exposure and material, and despite all those ICs and stories, they don't really have much to show for it. In comparison, any random Badab War chapter has barely any stuff but are already more interesting, and it's a bit tantalizing when you hope FW will some day release more material for them.

30K Ultramarines have tempted me to get back in to them with a different style to them and more interesting models.
>>
>>44347607

I quit them for Red Scorpions HUEHUEHUHUE
>>
>>44344568
>why?
Because I already play the most based legion.
>>
>>44348650
>War Hounds
>World Eaters
>Nailed World Eaters
>Khornate World Eaters
>Khorne Berserkers

It's like they get progressively shittier and shittier with lamer and lamer color schemes.
>>
>>44348716
>World eaters
>Shit

Found the space yif.
>>
>>44344568

I love 30k Ultramarines precisely for being the most "normal" chapter and not being mary sues.

The beast 666 Ward fucked up 40k Ultramarines forever.
>>
Something quite neat I realised today:

The Ultramarines are the 13th Legion, which is the same number as the Roman legion which Julius Caesar led across the Rubicon.
>>
File: alphalegion.jpg (27 KB, 250x314) Image search: [Google]
alphalegion.jpg
27 KB, 250x314
>>44345076
Well, no. EVERYONE is an Alpha Legion marine.

Even you, anon.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.