[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ - Absolukely Disgusting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: NJO Absolukely Disgusting.jpg (79 KB, 432x394) Image search: [Google]
NJO Absolukely Disgusting.jpg
79 KB, 432x394
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>44333884

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
*Copied from previous thread*

Force and Destiny question.
At what point should my players start acquiring lightsabers, or instead maybe the parts to make them (real ones, not training or ancient swords)? By the looks of it there's really nothing special about building one you just need the crystal and I guess maybe a bit of mechanical know-how for the power source and casing. I'm just curious when, for the sake of pacing, it would be a good idea to get them one.
>>
>>44342562
You need a certain mastery of the Force to properly align a saber crystal. They explode otherwise.
>>
So, what did /swg/ think of Episode 7?
>>
>>44342579
That's how I thought it would work but is that listed in the game rules? I haven't seen it yet (under constructing lightsabers it just looks like you need the parts and you can make one)
>>
>>44342540

>Can I use the Force to scratch my butt?
>>
>>44342562
Have a listen to the Order 66 podcast- episode 66, all about making sabres, when to get PC's building them etc
>>
>>44341963
The TIEs that come with the Gozanti are the blue-gray ones like in ESB instead of the whitish gray ones that are in ANH.
>>
8th for Kreia was right.
>>
File: royal_guard.png (149 KB, 258x400) Image search: [Google]
royal_guard.png
149 KB, 258x400
It was mentioned in a thread a couple of days ago, but Imperial Assault got some huge errata to three extremely popular figures. Regular Royal Guards got nerfed the hardest, but still look pretty good (which should tell you how OP they were). Both versions of Rebel Saboteurs, regular Imperial Officers, and elite Royal Guards all got nerfed, but to a lesser extent.

4x4 might still be viable, but at least it is no longer the ultimate power in the universe.
>>
>>44342598
It's in the GM kit. Building one is a Diff 2 Mechanics check and takes a few hours if you have plans for one, difficulty goes up to 4 if you're doing it without any knowledge.

I've been studying that for my character. What blade colour would suit a Hutt trying to be his species' answer to Mandalore the Preserver?
>>
>>44342562

Depending on the backstory, it is highly possible they have one anyway.

Using one is a fucking terrible idea unless you are about to kill every single person who has seen you though because Vader would be on your ass. Fast.

Playing with scoundrels? They are just as likely to snitch you out themselves to get the empire off their ass and some scratch in the process.

Rebels? Why would they side with you? You aren't hot shit yet and make them an even bigger target.

So, yeah, you can have a lightsaber right off, but it is a pretty stupid idea to use it OR obvious force powers while in public. Maybe it is possible you are faster than normal from a lot of combat (force enhanced skills), maybe you are quick with your tongue or naturally charismatic (mind trick), or other plausible reasons for why you might act the way you do while still keeping your identity in check.

Just as soon as you make it obvious you are a jedi? There needs to be reprecussions and if you throw that shit down early? You might as well throw that character in the trash because you are going to thrown to the Dark Lord of the Sith.
>>
Is there any guidelines in FF books as to how much specific droids should cost if someone wants to purchase one? I'm not seeing costs but I could just be wildly missing them
>>
FFG really should sell replacement pegs for X-wing.
Their customer support is fine, but I'd rather just have extras on hand for instant replacement.
>>
File: 1421423767031.jpg (131 KB, 1210x660) Image search: [Google]
1421423767031.jpg
131 KB, 1210x660
I need stats for the Ghtroc 720 in FFG's rpg. Does it exist?
>>
File: 2015-12-23_09-06-19.png (267 KB, 380x314) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-23_09-06-19.png
267 KB, 380x314
>>44342777
EotE core p409
>>
>>44342793
I think it's in Enter the Unknown. Not entirely sure, but check there first.
>>
>>44342793
Yes there's rules for it in Enter the Unknown
>>
>>44342797

And yet the model I'm looking for is a labor droid.

Damn you, FFG.
>>
>>44342793
>>44342804
It was in the core beta but they took it out for whatever reason

Hull Type: Freighter
Ship Class: 720
Manufacturer: Ghtroc Industries
Hyperdrive: Primary Class 2; Backup Class 15
Navicomputer: Yes
Ship's Complement: One pilot, one co-pilot
Passenger Capacity: Ten
Encumbrance Capacity: 100
Consumables: Two Months
Cost: 98,000 credits
Silhouette: 4
Speed: 3
Defense: 1/1
Hull Integrity: 28
Customization Hard Points: 5
Sensor Range: Medium
Handling: -1
Armor: 5
Strain Threshold: 15
Weapons: Dorsal Mounted Twin Laster Cannon (Fire Arc All; Range Close; Damage 5; Critical 3; Linked 1)

On a related note, a 720 freighter is mentioned in Before the Awakening-spaceturtle may be canon again
>>
>>44342811
You could probably file that under Maintenance Droid
>>
>>44342811
That would be closest to maintenance, unless you mean large droids, like construction droids, which would more in line with ground vehicle+droid costs.
>>
>>44342593
I've not even seen it yet, but the spoilers mean I have no hope for it being any good. The only saving grace is I get to see it for free so I can spend money on the colossally oversized concessions this cinema has instead.
Seriously, last time I came back with half a tub of popcorn or something else nuts.
>>
>>44342861
It's actually bretty gud
>>
>>44342804
>>44342807
>>44342816

Thank you.

Does FFG also have the specific stats for a BLX Labor Droid? I'm >>44342811
>>
>>44342884
>mary sue Rey
>whiny bitch stand-in for Jacen Solo as the Vader analogue
>the entire plot is a ripoff of Episode 4 and bits of the Caedus travesty
You better be talking visually, because the plot sounds like utter dogshit where I'm standing
>>
>>44342901

Pic related
>>
Just from looking at the models themselves, is there anyway to tell the difference between the TIE Fighters that come with the starter set, the individual TIE Fighter expansion and the TIE Fighters that come with the assault carrier?
>>
>>44342906

I agree.

>Rey: Shitty version of Jaina Solo
>Finn: Shitty version of Kyle Katarn's stormtrooper career
>Ben Solo: Shitty version of Jacen Solo; Stole his name from Luke Skywalker's son
>Kylo Ren's Design: Shitty version of Darth Revan
>Knights of Ren: Shitty version of the Reborn
>Starkiller Base: Shitty Death Star/Suncrusher/Centerpoint Station combined with shitty imagery of the Star Forge
>>
>>44342928
Finn 100% worked and was the best new character.
>>
ITT: Old mara jaded nerds
>>
>>44342726
The galaxy would be better off without the force manipulating events on both sides, but it would certainly be less interesting.
>>
>>44342726
KOTOR 2 is bitter fanfiction from a guy who doesn't understand the first thing about SW
>>
>>44342928
Only thing I really agree with there is that Starkiller base was pretty damn unnecessary.
>>
>>44342793
>>44342816
Is that the one that was in the Wing commander Movie?
>>
>>44342926

>>

>>44342696
>>
Rogue Squadron on GoG for 10 bucks

Worth it?
>>
>>44342618
>fuck yeah I can
>>
>>44343042
cool. I assume the indvidual TIE Fighter is identical to the starte set TIE Fighters?
>>
>>44342928
>>44342934
I agree that Finn worked pretty well.

So I don't think that Rey is as much of a Mary Sue as it is the case that Kylo is a shitty dark jedi (and I think we're SUPPOSED to understand that he's kind of shitty at it)

She can fly well, but so could Luke, each with the justification that apparently any flying vehicle translates super well to any other flying vehicle (Luke apparently turned T-16 experience into x-wing experience)

She's good with a lightsaber but then again Finn handled himself OKAY with one and she at least showed close combat experience before ever picking one up (mind you with a weapon that doesn't compare super well). Plus given how well Finn fared against a stormtrooper (mind you what could have been a somewhat badass one) compared to how well he fared against Ren it's entirely possible that Ren just ISN'T that terribly good at fighting yet.

She hit with one of her first shots ever fired from a blaster pistol. Okay thats a bit much but hey at least she missed a bunch as well. Chalk up to force maybe but she's clearly not Luke, Leia, or Han's level of shooting

She's mechanically inclined, which is not a new thing at all for star wars protagonists.

The biggest offender is her proficiency with the force for having zero training. Which yes I think is a bit much, but at the same time I don't really think Luke got an object moving class prior to pulling his lightsaber on hoth. Also we don't know the mechanics of Jacen I mean Kylo's mind probe so maybe just being force sensitive offers some protection. It's hard to say.

All in all I think she's a bit of a powerful and gifted character, but only about on par with Luke or Anikin (we didn't really see his teenage shit for a good comparison unfortunately) trading skill with shooting for an early head start on lightsaber ability and a definite but not pulling star destroyers out of the sky boost to her force ability
>>
>>44342906
>>44342928
Wow you guys sure have an opinion on something you haven't seen yet.
>>
You know... someone's going to write a new NJO story set between 6 and 7 and I think it's going to be VERY interesting to see how the writer tries to make us care about people who are all going to die and that we KNOW are all going to die.
>>
>>44342928
Aside from Darth Revan, literally who/what is all of that?
>>
>>44343109
Stay mad.
Also I think >>44342928 has seen it already, I just know the plot's bollocks
>>
>>44343090
>mind you with a weapon that doesn't compare super well
Actually, staves are a pretty common training weapon in martial arts on both sides for sword work.
There's a lot of really translatable skills between the two. And if you look, she basically uses the lightsaber as if it were a polearm.

As to the 'she didn't get any training before being gifted with the force', Anakin didn't get any training before his podrace, and was able to read Mace's mind just fine. Training in the Force isn't about getting stronger in the Force, it's about fine-tuning your control and gaining (or, as a Sith, losing) the emotional maturity needed to use it correctly.
>>
>>44342906

Oh, by far it had its flaws, however, there was basically no point in the movie that made me feel unentertained and uninterested enough for me to write it off as a bad film. Nothing was cringe-inducing enough for me to hate anybody in particular either.

On the whole, it was a fun film with flaws and it is basically the only Star Wars film I have ever enjoyed because I thought every last one of the films before this one were boring pieces of shit in an awesome universe with exceptionally whiny characters.
>>
>>44343079
Yes.
>>
>>44343090
The issue isn't with her stats, it's with her character. Luke and Anakin had flaws. Luke was a little whiny and obnoxious. Anakin was VERY whiny and obnoxious.
In the new movie, Finn is sometimes too eager and sometimes too cowardly. Han is roguish and double-dealing. Chewie is easily angered. They all have flaws that make them more relatable. Rey has no flaws. That makes her character harder to relate to.
I'm not saying she's impossible to relate to! she's got regular hopes and drives, she wants to do the right thing, she wants a family, we all get that. But the complete lack of character flaws makes it a little harder.
>>
Man it's weird to have a Star Wars without
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND6CIb_n0Yo
>>
File: nope nope fuckin nope.gif (2 MB, 460x306) Image search: [Google]
nope nope fuckin nope.gif
2 MB, 460x306
>>44343153
>seriously saying the original trilogy is "boring pieces of shit in an awesome universe with whiny characters"
>>
One thing I thought was pretty good was the style of fighting used by kylo. It just looked angry, as opposed to over directed or over choreographed like the prequels.

On the whole I did think reys force strength was a bit much. Enjoyable over all through.
>>
>>44342928
>Knights of Ren: Shitty version of the Reborn
uh, because they have cloaks?
>>
>>44343177
Rey totally has flaws. She's afraid to move on with her life and refuses opportunities to make something of herself or take on responsibility. She's terrified of losing others and that fear weakens her and causes her to make bad decisions.
>>
>>44343090
IIRC, there was actually a significant amount of time between ANH and ESB, such that luke could have spent a lot of time training to be a jedi.

Anyways, the problem with force usage in the newest trilogy is there is no establishment of what the protagonist can do, and what they can't. It basically ruins any sort of dramatic tension; you can't worry about Rey because no matter what the situation is you know she'll ass pull out a force power.

Compare luke in ANH. His only specific use of the force is using it to guide his shot into the vent without a targeting computer. (he was not bending the missiles into it. All the missiles were programmed to go down after being fired). Earlier in the film, Luke was shown training to do just that: Use the force to guide him in fighting a robot blind. It wasn't an asspull: it was a triumphant victory through training.

All TFA needs to make Rey a great character is to show her training with the force in some way before she actually has to use it.
>>
>>44343177
Rey does have flaws though. She couldn't get over the fact that she was abandoned and kept wanting to go back to Jakku to wait for someone who wasn't coming.
>>
>>44343109

>Wow you guys sure have an opinion on something you haven't seen yet.

Nice assumption there m8
>>
>>44343129
not gonna spoonfeed you! giyf
>>
>>44343204
Yeah, I think the movie in general would benefit from an extended cut with a bit more world-building. ANH did a really good job of establishing its universe, whereas I feel like TFA left a lot of questions open. Now, some of those are easy enough to infer, but some of them really needed a bit more focus - if I have to hear 'did they blow up Coruscant' one more time...
>>
>>44343204
>there was actually a significant amount of time between ANH and ESB, such that luke could have spent a lot of time training to be a jedi.

From who? Obi Wan didn't show up as a force ghost until Hoth.
>>
>>44342928
>>44342928
>Starkiller Base: Shitty Death Star/Suncrusher/Centerpoint Station combined with shitty imagery of the Star Forge

I hesitate to say this but I think they should have asked KJA to come up with a superweapon for the movie.
>>
>>44343196

I mostly went with the fact that it is an evil group closely associated with a fallen student of Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy; in particular I drew some parallels to Desann in Kylo Ren

But according to >>44343109 I haven't even seen the movie I'm talking about so I guess I have no idea, right?
>>
>>44343224
I'm assuming he was largely self taught trying to replicate mythic feats he'd heard of jedi doing/people told him they could do.

The difference between rey is that he took months to do it on his own, she literally took 3 tries and less minutes against james bond.
>>
>>44343129
>Han and Leia had kids in the EU too, it's just we had time to care about them before having one be an evil twat
>Go fucking play Dark Forces and Jedi Knight and flagellate yourself for not knowing the glory of Mandalore the Bearded
>Han's EU kid who went evil
>At least you know who Revan is
>Jackass Force cult
>The EU had a fuckload of stupid, stupid superweapons, not gonna deny that
>>
>>44343230
from memory, the reborn were forcefed darkside power from a sith artefact. They were largely henchmen with lightsabers.
>>
>>44343218
The city planet death scene really pissed me off.

>Starkiller base fires hyperspeed projectile/shotgun blast of pure solar energy
>travels the vast void between systems within seconds
>slows down just as it enters the target system, conveniently giving JJ enough time to showcase terrified people reacting to the now sublight speed projectile
>after it hits planets, the explosion from those planets accellerates to hyperspeed again, letting everyone in the galaxy visually see the planet explode.

He did it in fucking star wars too. Someone please by this man an astronomy textbook.
>>
Are the supplements for the usual extra items, classes, etc, or are they just adventure paths?
>>
>>44343287

I know that. I'm drawing parallels with Desann in their relation to Kylo Ren and the Jedi Academy.
>>
>>44343267
>>Han and Leia had kids in the EU too, it's just we had time to care about them before having one be an evil twat

Not that we did, what with them being awful characters and all.
>>
>>44343079
Yes but it has more pilot cards.
>>
>>44343305
I think you're giving yourself an exceedingly wide scope for comparison with this particular case
>>
>>44343295
Oops *he did it in star trek too.

Also, how retarded is the star killer base?

>needs to consume star for fuel
>can get 2 shots off of a star
>after that ???

Did they strap an engine to the planet to fix this obvious design flaw?
>>
>>44343218
Things I wish I knew more about (mostly characters)
>That old man in the very beginning
>That stormtrooper who's death really shook up Finn
>That other stormtrooper who recognized Finn on sight then proceeded to kick his ass with an electrotonfa-thing
>What was Ren doing when he was banging his side like that. Was that his way of dealing with pain? Was he trying to make it hurt MORE and use that to fuel his dank side?
>What did people on Jakku do BEFORE there was a massive battle over it? Starve and die? Was there just no one there?
>>
>>44343314
Eh, Anakin was slowly getting some decent character development before they killed him off.
>>
>>44343295
>>44343335
It's Star Wars, ain't gotta explain shit. What do you think this is, Star Trek?
>>
>>44343218
I don't know what planets they blew up with their Super Death Star. Why don't I know what planets they blew up with their Super Death Star?
>>
>>44343295
yep, bugged me as well.

also his star trek twist was that kirk died instead of spock. his TFA twist is that han dies instead of chewie.
>>
>>44343360

Hosnian Prime. They namedropped it in the movie.
>>
>>44343339
I dunno why you want to know more about very, very minor characters. And I would go with your explanation, Kylo was fueling his dank side.
>>
>>44343206
>>44343201
Also she's clearly a massive fangirl, which, while not necessarily a flaw per se, is humanising.
>>
>>44343360

because it was only said once in one very vast line without any sort of focus.
>>
>>44342598
>You need a certain mastery of the Force to properly align a saber crystal. They explode otherwise.
noncanon
>>
File: Streen_EGF.jpg (106 KB, 658x878) Image search: [Google]
Streen_EGF.jpg
106 KB, 658x878
>>44343339

The old man was Streen
>>
>>44343335
Maybe they thought they wouldn't need to fire it more then twice?
>>
>>44343403
I wish, I could pretend Corran Horn was canon too
>>
>>44343339
I think Finn was just rattled at seeing a violent death, rather than from actually knowing the guy
The other dude probably doesn't need any expounding either. Just a dude who recognized finn, a fugitive whose mugshot has likely been shown to every trooper, and who - being fanatically conditioned - would react as he did
>>
>>44343479
According to the tie-in he's http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/FN-2003

The real problem is why we needed the tie-ins to tell us this in the first place (and Rey's background, and who von Sydow was, and why Hosnian Prime was important, etc.)
>>
>>44343479
Those are both legitimate.

I don't really need an entire book or comic on any of these characters or anything (the common EU strategy), I was just curious if they were supposed to be something more.
>>
File: part2.jpg (290 KB, 1173x847) Image search: [Google]
part2.jpg
290 KB, 1173x847
So, the more I think about this theory, the more I really am behind Phasma and Luke being Rey's parents. I mean, part of the reason everyone knew Kylo was Han's kid was just from the casting when they went with someone with that big Roman nose. And Rey being Luke's kid from the fact she looks a lot like a young Natalie Portman. But I mean, just look at these toothy devils side by side. Plus, if you plug Gwendoline and Natalie into an 'If They Mated' mixer, you pretty much are handed an image of Daisy Ridley.
>>
>>44343516
because you nerds are used to Lucas literally writing a book for every scene in the fucking series
>>
>>44343479
I feel like they should have given TR-8R's fight to Phasma.

Would have made her feel like a more legitimate threat and given Finn more of a reason for his glee at ambushing her later.
>>
>>44342963
KotOR2 isn't mocking Star Wars itself, it's gently ribbing the concept of trying to make a concrete set of Game rules for the Force.

>>44343196
We don't really know much about them, I guess he's saying it because they're a whole cadre of budget darksiders.

>>44343090
>The biggest offender is her proficiency with the force for having zero training. Which yes I think is a bit much, but at the same time I don't really think Luke got an object moving class prior to pulling his lightsaber on hoth. Also we don't know the mechanics of Jacen I mean Kylo's mind probe so maybe just being force sensitive offers some protection. It's hard to say.
And remember, she just had Darth Bitchfit fucking her brain, so that's going to give her some experience with force mindfuckery.\

>>44343335
Yes there's an engine I believe.

>>44343295
Didn't only one planet see it? It's possible that Goggle-lady's place was in the same star system, it's still kinda stupid how they never really showed the projectile enter/leave hyperspace.

>>44343403
Why would a Bespin gas prospector act like an Alderanian when Leia is mentioned?

>>44343394
It's in the Clone Wars CGI cartoon, it's 100% canon in the new universe.

>>44343314
If you didn't read YJK and JJK they basically only got small bursts of page-time in The Corellian Trilogy, Darksaber, Crystal Star, and the Jedi Academy Trilogy, sadly those were not very good books, though the Solo kids were some of the best parts of the otherwise lackluster stories. I liked them a lot despite that.
>>
>>44342593
I loved it. I thought it was a fun, and refreshing return to the Star Wars universe. It made up for the hideous shit that were the prequels.

My only complaint, is no B-Wings, A-Wings, or Tie/fo-Interceptors.
>>
>>44343537
I think Fin was so happy because he got to abolish the authority that he knew all his life. Kinda sticking it to the man, ya?
>>
>>44343339
>What did people on Jakku do BEFORE there was a massive battle over it? Starve and die? Was there just no one there?

Why the hell would you want the movie to squeeze that shithole planet's history into it's screen time. It was most likely an uninteresting dustball before the battle and salvaging bits of imperial tech brought people desperate enough to try their luck to form little scavenger communities in the ruins.

Really the answers to most of your questions would better served by being provided in a companion guide than bogging the movie down with irrelevant details about the backstories of exceedingly minor characters.
>>
File: 1400275119182.gif (2 MB, 352x288) Image search: [Google]
1400275119182.gif
2 MB, 352x288
>>44343528

>Phasma and Luke being Rey's parents
>>
>>44343552
>It's possible that Goggle-lady's place was in the same star system
if by "same star system" you mean "quarter galactic diameter away" then sure
>>
>>44343339
>>What was Ren doing when he was banging his side like that. Was that his way of dealing with pain? Was he trying to make it hurt MORE and use that to fuel his dank side?

He was trying not to pass the fuck out. Pain will do a lot to help keep you concious, and he was only really doing it during the lulls in the 'duel' with Finn which mostly consisted of him beating the shit out of him after toying with him. Ren was probably on the verge of dying from blood loss with the added bonus of entering shock. Remember, he'd been shot with Chewie's bowcaster that was shooting people 20 feet in the air earlier.

I don't remember him really doing it during the actual fight with Rey because it was a much more even fight and thus he was getting hit. But when he was just taking out the trash with Finn, he needed to ensure that he didn't just pass out mid-swing.
>>
>>44343553
I think it'd be cool if the First Order developed TIEs in some new ways, and so the First Order had TIEs in the style of the Defender or Clawcraft.

>>44343565
Yeah, but it would have been nice if Phasma was significant again so it was a little less 'literally who?'
>>
>>44342906
>mary sue rey

You use this term, yet I don't think you actually know what it means.
>>
>>44343587
Definitely, Phasma was kinda missing from the movie.
>>
>>44343528
Ford's nose is weird, it looks small from some angles and large from others.

>>44343578
Okay yeah that's weird. Though i think with the First Order invading right after some smart Neo-EU author is going to say they projected it into the atmosphere as a terror tactic before landing.
>>
>>44343587
>I think it'd be cool if the First Order developed TIEs in some new ways
Well they did, two-seater TIEs with an extra turret remember?
>>
>>44343248
Playing devil's advocate, I'd imagine that a mind trick is very similar in execution to mind reading. I interpreted it as her realizing that Kylo's mind link was a two way street, 'reverse engineering' the process, and figuring she had nothing to lose from testing it out.

It's still kinda bullshit, but I think there's at least a logical progression.
>>
>>44343570
the movie had no problem bogging us down with details about space pirates fighting tentacle monsters and Han, after forty fucking years of working with Chewbacca, asking to borrow the Bowcaster

which now can be fired no problem by humans, god bless the canon reboot.
>>
>>44343578
>that map
So much fucking wat. I thought the Empire was hemmed in by treaties so that they only controlled the Core Worlds and Inner Rim, with the First Order fleeing to the Unknown Regions, while the Republic set up in the Mid Rim.
>>
>>44343552
KotOR2 was taking the piss out of the force, but also western RPGs in general.

It pointed out that the most powerful power in those games is the often fanatical loyalty to the death the protagonist somehow always inspires in his followers.
>>
File: perfect aryan waifu.jpg (60 KB, 520x537) Image search: [Google]
perfect aryan waifu.jpg
60 KB, 520x537
>>44342593
Refuse to pay money to see it. If Lucas is going to cater to the SJWs and have a woman and a black man as the leads then he or whoever made that decision can go fuck himself.

No I'm not going back to /pol/. I'm on /tg/, I'm a stormfag, deal with it.
>>
>>44343570

Look man, if there isn't a complete history of the purpose and production methods of GONK droids in the movie, it's shit.
>>
>>44343516
I don't know
the pace of TFA was crazy fast, it was clearly packing more stuff than they could fit in
>>
>>44343578
Wait, WHAT!? the Starkiller fired through the galactic core to hit the hasi-whatis system!?
>>
File: It took me a minute.png (71 KB, 750x1432) Image search: [Google]
It took me a minute.png
71 KB, 750x1432
>>44343642
Okay, I guess.
>>
>>44343153
so much fag salt
>>
>>44343642
Fuck off and go start a RAHOWA thread. Or one of those hundreds of shitty MYFAROG shillthreads we had recently.
>>
File: IMG_1091.jpg (264 KB, 865x495) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1091.jpg
264 KB, 865x495
>>44343617
Yeah, but those were more or less LNs with a fattened midsection. It'd have been cool if we had gotten more esoteric designs, but gotta stay safe and pander to the general viewing population I guess
>>
>>44343637
>which now can be fired no problem by humans, god bless the canon reboot.
I was really hoping that when Han fired it, he'd get tossed back and knocked on his ass.

Also, I'm under the assumption that Chewie might have recently made a tweak to his bowcaster which is what gets Han's attention. The thing was a fucking beast.

>>44343659
Well, that's the thing. They tried to shove way too much in the movie rather than just being chill about it. Remove the entire Luke storyline and swap the map to some map of Starkiller or some such. Then you have a bit more time to actually address the characters and places you are going to, and can still finish with Rey walking into the Resistance base and the Daughter of Skywalker's presence reactivating R2 to shoots up the starchart and then credits.
>>
>>44343553
>No B-Wings

That's a good thing though
>>
>>44343228
I don't know, a super-weapon that shoots hyper-speed death-rays at distant solar-systems and can drain an entire sun to do so, is pretty fucking super-weapon in my mind. It was however a silly waste of resources. But jeezus it fucking obliterateed the new republic senate before the new republic even knew what was going on!
>>
>>44343516
odd, that entry gives finn more background than present in the movie, and puts his statement about being in sanitation in a weird light
as well as the idea that he held up 'too well' against kylo with a lightsaber
>>
>>44343696
Don't fix what isn't broken
>>
>>44343697
Chewie definitely modded his bowcaster.

It looks different, and it shoots red lasers now.
>>
>>44343642
>Lucas
Go back to the rock that you've apparently been living under for the last 3 years.
>>
>>44343717
People who complain about how many resources the Death Star took are gonna lose their shit over the Starkiller. A planet that can eat a sun (think about that), and spit out light that travel faster than light at five targets on the other side of the galactic core and hit them all, with entire nearby fleets detonating from the sheer force of the splash damage.

but thousands of stormtroopers standing next to it when it fires are perfectly fine
>>
>>44343642
>stormfag
>supports degenerate chinese cartoons eroding western culture

Obvious false flag here, nothing to see here.
>>
>>44343090
The problem with Rey compared to the older characters, and this might have more to deal with pacing or the screenplay establishing the mystery of her identity than the character herself: the old movies take time to establish character traits, even if it's just a line from another character. Luke has lines establishing he's a good pilot and is seen handling a gun in Space! Injun territory before shooting starts, Han has Greedo's conversation and had shooting first to establish outlaw gunslinger status, and Princess Leia, immediately established to have been working for the Rebellion, has the balls to take previously stolen plans and get them off ship during a boarding action with Vader on board. Rey kind of exists in a vacuum-all we know is that she's a scavenger living in a slum town where she literally works for overpriced food-the only two things she's hinted at being good at is close combat and mechanics. Then with a skip and a hop she's pulling the equivalent of Lando's Death Star run and knows the heavily modified Falcon as well or better than Han Solo after a single ride.

Rey also is an independent woman protagonist who don't need no help, which is totally untrue for the OT protagonists. Leia, despite Tarkin taunting balls of steel, needs to be let out by the boys, Han has Chewie and the princess to get them out of the prison hallway, and Luke needs the droids to shut down the trash compactors, Obi to save him from scrub people, Han to pick off Vader, etc. There's a synergistic dynamic to them that has them relying on each other, even the chosen one of the 3. Finn accidentally drags Rey into the mess, shoots down a two Ties, brings her a ship and lightsaber, and holds off Kylo while she gets her second wind. Rey gets them to and flies the Falcon, crazy Ivans the Falcon, fixes poison gas, saves Han, saves Finn, escapes herself, was making her way to another ship, fights Kylo, etc. That's not synergistic, that's carrying, and boring.
>>
>>44343642
Black man could have been a really good character, if we actually got some time to know him and the FO. And we fucking should have, since that's the easiest way to show how things have changed in the time between Jedi and 7.

Problem is they've got him fighting with a bowl of oatmeal for screen time.
>>
>>44342593
Better than I expected, and a solid movie overall. I'd probably rank it above all of the prequels and maybe even Return, but New Hope, Clone Wars, and Empire are all above it. I was never really wow'd, but I have a pretty good time made better by the people I was shit-talking with in-costume at the bar beforehand.

It isn't one of my top 3 movies of the year, but I liked it. I'd give it about 7 or 8 out of ten.

>>44343717
Don't forget it also took out 'the entire Republic Fleet' as well. Like, all in all, Starkiller was a success. Before it was destroyed it 1) took out the Republic Senate, 2) took out an entire system that was housing the Republic capital at the time, 3) took out the entire Republic Fleet. Plus, apparently it was cheaper to build than the Death Star because they were retrofitting a planet rather than building a full space station.
>>
>>44342593
Eight outta ten, need more detail and worldbuilding for basically the reasons expressed here:
>>44343784
I don't think Rey is a Mary Sue but I do think they could have established her character better.
>>
>>44343694
I don't know what either of those things are.
>>
>>44343642
>ehrmagherd niggers and sjw's, lucas jumped sherk, errr lerk how erdgy I emmm

Try harder, bait-troll.
>>
>>44343799
...OH MY GOD DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PLANETARY ASTRONOMY

Do you know that planets are full of molten metal!? Did you know that digging out a planet worth of molten metal while somehow making it capable of holding AN ENTIRE SUN's worth of heat, energy, and mass, is going to require materiel on the scope of several more planets!? Nevermind the actual digging out of a fucking planet!

I mean, for fucks sake, it would be cheaper, easier, more effecient, and just as terrifying if you just had a machine that sucked the sun into YOUR ENEMY'S PLANET

Let them worry about containing a sun.

And by "worry about containing a sun", I mean "die horribly because planets and suns only interact in a scientifically accurate way when the sun engulfs the planet and doesn't fucking notice"
>>
Why do I get the feeling that some Star Wars fans want several novels for every minor detail in the film?
>>
>>44343799
Except you can move the death star. Planets seem like they'd be exponentially harder to move. And you do need to move it, since you only get two shots off of a sun before you have to reload.
>>
>>44343295
There's a magical energy field that permeates all life and gives people superpowers, including laser sword proficiency. Starkiller station may well have been fucking stupid but it's in good company.
>>
>>44343707
Fuck you, and accept your B-Wing overlords with 10 seconds of screen time!
>>
>>44343846
>"just turn your brain off, it's good"
>>
>>44343846
nerds need their shit pushed in. Its a fucking action movie, people need to learn to turn their brain off and enjoy the ride

fuck, its like people expect shakespear out of transformers or some shit.
>>
>>44343416

They weren't wrong in that case
>>
>>44343846
It's Star Wars.
A series where every single fucking character on screen has a name and backstory.
Of course the fans want doctorate-level theses on everything.
>>
>>44343882

We just expect a good story. And it's mostly there in the new film. 5 more minutes of exposition would have greatly served the narrative of the film.
>>
>>44343882
see
>>44343877
>>
>>44343911
then the fans are, as always, wrong.
>>
>>44343845
Yes, but this is fucking Star Wars, with space magic. Calm your autism tits.

If you want hard sci-fi with believable physics (that doesn't cut corners), I've got great news for you. They're doing a phenomenal job on the Expanse series.

Star Wars is, and had always been, a space western fantasy. Deal with it, sperglord.
>>
>>44343877
That's not the problem. The problem is that some people want an explanation for every little detail, something stupid like the exact chemical makeup of the instant bread Rey was eating in the beginning. It's a sci-fi movie in the style of Flash Gordon, stuff works just because.
>>
>>44343918
>>44343917
You're right, we need a hundred sourcebooks and a billion novels that will be thrown in the fire just like the last pile of worthless fanfiction writers who strongarmed Lucas.

OR we have good movies and not a mountain of worthless manchildren unable to grow up. Maybe that? Lets try that, it sounds good.
>>
>>44343818
Like I said, the weaknesses seem to be in the screenplay and trying to do so much while keeping identity reveals for the second film for pottery.
>>
>>44343929
>They're doing a phenomenal job on the Expanse series.
wait, Syfy is doing something right for once?
>>
>>44343846
Star Wars tradition.

The Wook is a proud and noble line, would you starve it now?
>>
>>44343943

We're actually saying the same thing. I don't want thousands of hours of reading material to cover every detail for the film. I get that shit enough in RPGs and will deal with it there. But 5 more minutes of exposition would have answered details about the political system that seem to be completely ignored in the current edit of TFA. I don't want Prequel levels of politics, but a short "here's how the current players in the political system got there" would have been nice.
>>
>>44343943
>Episode 7
>good

Also
>forgetting the RPGs practically made the Expanded Universe a thing back in the 80s and 90s by themselves
>forgetting this is /tg/ and not /tv/

>Aaron Allston and Timothy Zahn were "worthless fanfiction writers"
Yeah, you should end it now.
>>
>>44343882
People like you are the reason God doesn't talk to us anymore
>>
>>44343964
>>44343845
Christ, you disgusting children need to be beaten good. Disney owns Star Wars now, not a weak-willed hack who "canon"s every garbage manuscript that came in front of him. Disney knows how to make money, so shut the fuck up and stop acting like entitled SJWs
>>
>>44343943
>we need a hundred sourcebooks and a billion novels
>OR we have good movies
The point you're failing to grasp is that they're saying the movie wasn't good, and (to understand the situations and characters) you're forced into reading a bunch of sourcebooks and novels.

Instead of, you know, just putting them in the fucking movie like the actually good ones did.
>>
>>44343943

The people here in this thread have nothing to do with what you're talking about, it's the people in charge of the brand.

I have been saying this since long before Episode VII came out: eventually, the new canon will be just as big and bloated as the old. I have said this time and time again and my predictions are already coming true. Nothing you say will stop it, no matter how much you mock the people in this thread. I don't like it, you don't like it, but it's GOING to happen. It's already happening. Every single character in every single scene will have a name and a backstory. There WILL be books published about them, there WILL be material that expands on them and there is NOTHING that can stop it.

In time, we will have a canon even bigger than the old, full of unnecessary detail and trivial banality, where everyone is related to someone and that someone knows everyone else.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
>>
File: iu.gif (388 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
iu.gif
388 KB, 267x199
>>44343991
>>
>>44343984
>God doesn't talk to us anymore
How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>44344007

"All this has happened before. All this will happen again."

-- The Book of Pythia
>>
>>44343956
Yep. Check it out.
>>
>>44344021
He might be able to tell us where Jesus' stash went
>>
Lor San Tekka? Harrison ford spends nearly every minute winking at the camera about The Old Times, but they can't make the first character we meet actually relevant, like Jan Dodanna or Wedge or somebody?
>>
File: hwat.jpg (95 KB, 1010x1036) Image search: [Google]
hwat.jpg
95 KB, 1010x1036
Why does the political process of the Republic need to be in the movie?
That shit ain't important, blowing up the Death Planet is. If you really care that much, make it what you want. This isn't Heinlein or Asimov, not everything needs to be explained.
>>
>>44344043
>implying Disney knows who those characters are

If they weren't a main character or a meme like Admiral Ackbar, you'll never see them again
>>
>>44344050
are you one of those people who plays X-Wing but has never seen A New Hope?
>>
>>44344050
What political process? We saw nothing but the First Order pushing everyone's shit in
>>
>>44343985
Anon, you need to take a deep breath and go see how Disney is handling the MCU.

Embrace your hate. Let if flow through you. Because milking nostalgic man children's disposable income is how Disney makes its money now.
>>
>>44344050
Because RotJ basically conveyed the fact that the Rebels won. Then in TFA, we find the new new rebels (meow called the Resistance) fighting the new new empire (called the First Order). I'd atlas like to understand how the fuck they got there names.
>>
>>44344050
Well it would make me care more for the Bosnian System if I knew where it stood in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>44344050
You know, for us to actually give a shit it's best to establish why something is important, particularly to a character.
Alderaan was important because it was Leia's home and it was explained as a peaceful planet with no weapons, and that's why it mattered when the Death Star cored it.

Nobody gives a fuck about where Starkiller Base vaped because none of this happened in TFA
>>
>>44344075
Nah, I'm one of those people who's seen the movies and almost nothing else.
>>
>>44344091

This.
>>
>>44344094
well, go watch it again now that you've seen TFA
>>
>>44344091
It was stated (a few times, I think) that the Republic was funding the Resistance, so when they got blown up, that means no more X-Wings.
>>
>>44344081

oh no, theyre going to give me things I want in exchange for currency how awful.
>>
>>44344127
>no more X-Wings
>knowing that a likeable character's family, along with several billion people, just got reduced to atoms
Do you see the difference between the two?
>>
>>44343528
There's also the fact that she looks similar to Shmi Skywalker. Someone was posting that image about, I remember.
>>
>>44344173

Oh god, please not another immaculate conception force baby.
>>
>>44344151
don't forget

>one happens a billion lightyears away and is just there for the spectacle
>one happens right in front of a protagonist
>>
>>44342939
Underrated post
>>
>>44344200
>what is family resemblance, which is what I was referring to

Well, it's clear we're going to be freaking out as a group for the next few months. I wish everyone would calm down, but that won't happen. Ah well.
>>
>>44342593
2//10

I cannot begin to explain how bad it was without spoilers. JJ Abrams is officially as bad as Michael Bay now. It was shiiiiiiiiiiiit. The fucking Vatican newspaper came out with an article blasting it and I was in complete agreement. Just writing that sentence is weird. It was rushed, it was sloppy, and it was forced. It had all the subtlety of lube made out of Tabasco. Writing was shit, scale was shit, and worldbuilding was shit. The prequels deserved oscars in comparison.
>>
File: B-1_team_for_edit_2.png (110 KB, 1317x390) Image search: [Google]
B-1_team_for_edit_2.png
110 KB, 1317x390
>>44342540
Okay in an attempt to drag us off the topic of how much we hate each other/episode VII what system would /swg/ run the B-1 team in? It's a fun concept and I was thinking of doing just a one-shot maybe but a campaign if the players are really into it.
>>
File: mtg_online__arcanis_by_udoncrew.jpg (179 KB, 731x600) Image search: [Google]
mtg_online__arcanis_by_udoncrew.jpg
179 KB, 731x600
Is there a Light-side equivalent/simile of Force Lightning? Letting the Force flow through you is a common idea among the Jedi, but is there precedent of that taking the form of some kind of directed energy attack like lightning?
>>
>>44342767

Honestly? Vader has better shit to do then chase around every two bit force sensitive who THINKS that the ability to do some minor tricks and wave a stolen laser sword around makes them a Jedi. That's a proper job for a Inquisitor. The Big Black and Angry has other things to do, like hunting down real Jedi or the Rebellion. Now of course, if you start racking up a good kill count of Inquisitors, THEN Vader may show up.
>>
>>44342939

/thread
>>
>>44344348

The Baran Do Sages (and Jedi Master Plo Koon, who studied with them) can manipulate electricity to hurl lightning bolts or shocks in non-lethal doses.

Also whoever is currently Jedi Jesus can shoot lasers from their hand or something
>>
File: 14cc51303ba38ec6487996bf49347c22.jpg (1006 KB, 1245x925) Image search: [Google]
14cc51303ba38ec6487996bf49347c22.jpg
1006 KB, 1245x925
>>44343316
i don't really have opportunity to play, so if I start buying these things it's gonna be for the sake of having tiny space ships
>>
So, is it just me, or does the light side seem as though the ultimate realization of its ideal would be complete detachment from all forms of ambition and personal attachment?
>>
>>44343799

Honestly, I kinda have a problem with it popping the entire republic fleet. Like I'm expected to believe that not one ship or battlegroup or taskforce was out on patrol or hunting pirates or escorting a convoy of 15 bulk freighters hauling Argandian squashes to Chi Ceti IV? You know, normal duties for a navy?
>>
>>44344485
Well, it's reasonable that it blasted a significant portion of the Republic Fleet

Like, they might not be totally disarmed, but they're strategically pretty fucked. Especially if most of the Admiralty was also blown away.
>>
>>44344466

Eh, In a way. I would posit given a lot of the philosophical themes behind the Force, the "ultimate realization" of the Light Side is probably very buddhist, where you become one with the Living and the Cosmic Force, and "you" stop being "you" and are just "The Force", at least that seems to be the angle the movies moved toward. So your individual ambition and attachment are lost in the flow, but at the same time the Force is like, in everything, it's in all creation. You're not separate from the universe because the Force is in the universe.
>>
>>44344527

Yeah, but probably they still have more then enough troops and ships to deal with a two bit terrorist group that blew most of its funds rebuilding the Death Star: "We remembered to nail down a mesh over the reactor exhaust port this time Edition".
>>
File: one-straw-revolution.jpg (29 KB, 281x450) Image search: [Google]
one-straw-revolution.jpg
29 KB, 281x450
>>44344466
this book war written by an actual Jedi.
When the dude started talking about how a tree is, and to call it a tree or call it green or do anything beyond expereince it's existence is to lessen it, I was like, this dude is Yoda if Yoda was high as fuck
>>
>>44344485
They cooked the home fleet which is usually the strongest of them.

>>44344531
I think people slightly over-easternize the Force, it's not totally Buddhist "Ceasing to exist is the end goal," if only because outright stating that would seriously piss off western audiences.
>>
>>44344531
Would it be possible for the dark side to be anything other than cartoonishly evil, or is that just not fitting with the setting? Because individualism, ambition, and emotional passion don't sound inherently bad.
>>
>>44344549
Don't the FO own a bunch of the really rich Core worlds?
>>
>>44344485

Eh, every battle in every show apparently involves the ENTIRE fleet, or writers don't know how to divide things because they have no sense of scale.
>>
>>44344466
Both sides of the force, if taken to their natural extremes, tend to eliminate the wielder. Sith get murdered, Jedi self eliminate themselves from the affairs of anybody, doing their best to achieve as little interaction as possible.

The true sage masters, such as Jolee Bindo, have mastered their ambitions, but still have them.
>>
>>44344567
It's not Buddhist at all, it's Taoist.

Life is, like, a river, which flows through all things and guides their paths.

You can't swim against the river, because the current is too strong - you might make headway for a little while, you might even be able to pull yourself to shore, but all that accomplishes is separating yourself from the proper order of things.

The right way of living is to immerse yourself in the river.
>>
>>44344324
I'd say that depending on what system you use, you have your players start with a template character (all of them get the same template) and then give them a little leeway on customization, but not enough to stray much farther than... say 30% either way off that baseline.

Then you have to ask 'well, what do I and my players want out of this campaign?' If they want to play the B-1 Team, then goof it up. Rescuing kidnapped children, getting cats down from trees, proving the innocence of the wrongly accused, fighting El Guapo....

If they want to play something more hardcore, or even playing as some kind of fireteam in 'Nam, then you change accordingly.

Or hell, maybe they want to be pirates.
>Roger, roger!
>>
>>44342767
Remember that scene in A New Hope where Obi-Wan cut off the guy's arm with his lightsaber, and Darth Vader and the entire Black Sun came after him, and the Rebellion refused to work with him in any capacity because of some ill-defined "you're a bigger target" reason? And the entire group got killed and there wasn't a rest of the series because lightsabers = death for some reason?
>>
>>44344590
That's a really weird metaphor because if you immerse yourself in the river, you will fucking outright cease to live.

All I can think of now is Friedrich Nietzsche as a dark side force user screaming at Laozi as a light sider.
>>
>>44344598
Remember how the rebel alliance was fucking desperate at that point, because they knew the empire was building a planet destroying super weapon?

Remember how it was the rebel alliance that reached out to Obi Wan, before he blew some guy's arm off?

Remember how, instead of lingering on tatooine letting imperial trackers find them, Obi Wan fucked off to alderan?
>>
Tell me how this sounds for a FaD adventure

>The players find out about a bounty placed on a specific Jedi
>Never heard of this Jedi but decide to help
>Get to the planet and start following breadcrumbs to Jedi, dodging occasional bounty hunters along the way.
>Track him to a big abandoned starship factory
>Said factory is heavily trapped, players get stuck inside
>Turns out an old retired hunter decided to start hunting hunters, put out a fake bounty on a Jedi to draw in bounty hunters and has been picking them off for weeks now
>"What luck, I didn't imagine my plot would attract actual Jedi!"
>Begins hunting the party
>Party potentially befriends a helpful bounty hunter.
>Everyone involved is fully aware the hunter will just attempt to turn in the players anyway to a different source if everyone makes it out alive

Several encounters. Bad guy sits in an observation room overlooking much of the factory with a sniper rifle. Occasionally drives round in an open topped air-speeder. Has droids operating as bloodhounds. Occasionally releases captured creatures or activates traps.

Players can either attempt to escape or fight him

Also things can go differently if the players never show that they're jedi (difficult because one of them fights with a training lightsaber). The hunter and bounty hunters may just think they're more bounty hunters and act less special aroudn them (but they'll still have to fight and escape)
>>
>>44344567

To be true, the Force philosophy has never really been entirely Buddhist in it's base. Thought one of Buddhism is "life is suffering", and Star Wars doesn't really lean to that. The Force is in the universe, it's in living things, it connects everything together on some spiritual level.

But I do think that a lot of how the path of the Jedi was laid out in the now canon material is that it has a lot of those same influences about enlightenment, self-discipline and all that Cosmic shit. So the ultimate expression of the Jedi would be to let the Force flow through you but to kind of only act in cosmic harmony - or something. It's hard to articulate though, because of the massive scale implied.

Of course, if the Force is truly dualistic (or was corrupted to be dualistic) that probably changes a lot of this.

>>44344574

Yes and no. It's like >>44344590 said, the Dark Side is kind of flowing against the current. The Force guides your actions, but responds to your control. The Dark Side arises when you taint that control with your negative emotions and cause disharmony with the universe or are a dick or however you want to put it. You could draw on that power to get what you want and still ride the flow - but ultimately, you are Disorder.

So the greatest path for a Jedi is probably to be "Chaos", the point where disorder becomes order so the universe reaches equilibrium again
>>
>>44344666
So Obi-Wan is allowed to circumstantially use super-obvious Force powers and his lightsaber, but if a player does it under any circumstances, it's time to literally sic Darth Vader on them?

Nice, good to know you're a shit GM.
>>
>>44344575

That was the Empire Proper. Apparently the FO is just some sort of group of super radicalized Imperials.
>>
>>44344723
It's not circumstantially though. Obi Wan was literally fleeing tatooine. We don't know what would have happened to him had he survived the death star, but I'd wager that if he was going any place other than Alderan, he might have found an imperial force waiting for him on the landing pad.

As far as the rebels go, if the players had established themselves as super badass mythical jedi, sure, they'd be worth recruiting.
>>
>>44343090
Very minor nitpick:
IIRC Incom made both the T-16 and the T-65 "X-Wing" and used many of the same console parts for both.

It makes sense for Luke to be able to fly an x-wing after using his t-16 a lot.
>>
>>44344591
Are the FFG systems good enough to support making the droids all feel like they're all the same skeleton but each modified to be unique?
>>
>>44344770
He still didn't have Vader literally there as soon as the lightsaber came out. Vader didn't even know he existed any more until they were literally in the same building.
>>
>>44344786

Is that from the movies or later EU?
>>
>>44344801
I've never played a droid in FFG, but I do know that droids are cripplingly specialized. So you're going to have a player who is ONLY the pilot/driver or the one who ONLY shoots things or the one who ONLY hacks etc.

There's probably a B-1 template about for FFG and you can let them modify it if they want a different role from 'general infantry robot'. Just.... I'd say don't let any of them get like wolverine claws or something.
>>
>>44344840

IIRC there's one in the core book for EOTE even.
>>
File: 3152327227.jpg (61 KB, 450x576) Image search: [Google]
3152327227.jpg
61 KB, 450x576
Would you fuck a mon calamari?
>>
>>44344840
Oh gosh no I was just going to differentiate between Commander, Engineer, General combat droids and the like. letting one be the "muscle" as a B-2 could be fun as well.
>>
>>44344830
and the poster you originally quoted literally didn't say vader would literally be there as soon as the lightsaber came out.

I don't really get what you're doing here?

Is your point:

"My gross misinterpretation of what was said would be a bad way to run a game?"

If so, you're right, but pretty irrelevant. Whooptiedo!
>>
>>44344833
Deleted scene, I think, and IIRC it shows up in the novel
>>
>>44344878
Well then I'd say start with the B-1 template and modify as needed.
Commander variant gets more of whatever is needed to do that job (I really have no idea what talents or abilities would be needed, maybe presence?)
Engineer gets dem tech tree skills and stuff
General combat would probably be base template with maybe a little xp if a player wants to make one with higher-than-average accuracy or something.

But you're going to need a team that can cover all the bases cause they're gonna be shit at whatever their specialization doesn't cover.
OR rule that these are heavily modified droids so they can have maybe two specializations.
>>
>>44344085
>their
>>
File: leia.jpg (59 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
leia.jpg
59 KB, 600x403
What real life political/military leader(s) would you say Leia is like?
>>
>>44344801

100% so. Droids get more starting XP and more free skills from their career and specialization, but have 1s in all stats where 2 is the human average. This encourages droids to be built towards their focus, but makes it harder for them to branch out. An assassin droid will have completely different stats from an astromech, which will have completely different stats from a protocol droid.
>>
>>44344974
I kept thinking she looks a lot like hillary clinton with her new hairdo. It was fairly odd.
>>
>>44344770
You do realize that activating a lightsaber doesn't immediately put a tracking device on you that the empire can immediately follow from anywhere in the galaxy, right?

The galaxy is a huge place, and it's abundantly clear that the Empire either doesn't have the manpower or just isn't interested in outer rim shitholes like Tatooine that much. Smugglers operate openly and men with death sentences in 12 systems literally brag about how bad they are right under the noses of stormtroopers. Obviously the Emperor is going to take potential jedi sightings seriously, but the rank and file stormtroopers are probably going to write the stories off as a drunkard blowing a cantina brawl out of proportion and making shit up. Eventually if word gets back to the higher ups they'll send an inquisitor down to see what's up, but they aren't going to waste Vader's time sending him out personally. They also aren't going to know exactly where a smuggling ship like the Millenium Falcon and have a detatchment there to confront them before they even arrive.
>>
>>44344944
Could just do that and say they were an early commando droid project that got field tested with just the enhanced brain modules then was pasted over.
>>
>>44345009
The problem with your theory is that communication is instant in Star Wars, while travel times are not.

It's not hard for the Empire to be alerted that a light saber user was spotted on bumfuck 4 and headed to nowhere 5, and then alert the local garrison to watch out for "minute hummingbird" coming into port on nowhere 5.
>>
>>44344591
God help the poor souls who go against a B-1 team with a full on Mr. Bones.
>>
>>44345039
And the problem with yours is that you're assuming that the empire knows exactly where each and every ship is going after leaving bumfuck 4, and that TK-421 who thinks Jedi are extinct took a drunken Cantina patron at face value when he said some old dude lopped off somebody's arm with a glowy sword thing.
>>
>>44345085
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mister_Bones
Incase someone doesn't know who Mr. Bones is.
>>
>>44344770

>but I'd wager that if he was going any place other than Alderan, he might have found an imperial force waiting for him on the landing pad.

I doubt the Millennium Falcon filed a flight plan.

That said, you're right, eventually it would cause problems.
>>
So did the FFG RPGs do a module on death troopers yet or has the zambambo meme not caught up yet?
>>
>>44345112
Good thing hyperspace travel is largely based on predetermined routes.

if a wily cantina person happens to get their heading as they left the system, it's possible to figure out what route they're on, if it's a known route.
>>
>>44345039
But it is. Hyperspace tracking is completely impossible without a rare and specialized beacon. You can know where they WERE, but where they're going is 100% a guessing game
>>
>>44345148
Only if you're using an unknown smuggler's route.
>>
>>44345143
>implying Smugglers like Han don't have some hidden uncharted routes
>>
>>44344974

Woodrow Wilson.
>>
>>44345143
see
>>44345148

Also, how is a "wily Cantina person" on the ground supposed to get the heading of a ship in space as it leaves the system, when said heading isn't even entered into the navcomputer until the ship has broken atmo?

Look, I'm not saying players should be given free reign to play Jedi Master about the galaxy with no repurcussions, but it's ridiculous to think that they're going to be immediately descended upon by the Empire for turning a lightsaber on for a few seconds.
>>
>>44344974
"Excuse me Princess Leia, but I bet my friend I could get you to say more than two words"

then the Princess famously replied "Fuck you."
>>
>>44345191
Are the Players playing with a han tier smuggler? that's certainly something I'd consider when determining how swift the imperial response is.

>>44345207
It's also ridiculous to think this is about an immediate response. You keep coming back to that. >>44344886
>>
>>44343339
The old man was Wedge. Maybe not officially, but that's who I'm pretending it is.
>>
>>44345268
>Wanting Wedge to die in the beginning like a bitch.
>>
>>44345251
>"Using one is a fucking terrible idea unless you are about to kill every single person who has seen you though because Vader would be on your ass. Fast."

>" I'd wager that if he was going any place other than Alderan, he might have found an imperial force waiting for him on the landing pad."

I'm not the one who initially suggested that the response would be immediate.
>>
>>44345294
Who else would know where Luke is, if even his sister couldn't find him?
>>
>>44345303
Obi-Wan DID get ambushed at the landing pad, so that's SOMETHING.
>>
>>44345349
Yeah, because they literally stumbled onto the Death Star, not because the Empire knew he would be there and was looking for him.
>>
>>44345303
fast=/=immediate. It's not even suggesting that.

As far as the Obi Wan situation, that is unique. Tatooine is an area of special interest to Darth Vader, with the closest things he knows of as relatives on it. There was also a large imperial force searching for the droids, which drastically shortened their response time.
>>
>>44344890
It also shows up in one of the visual guides or starship cross-section books.
>>
File: DSC09125.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC09125.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
Made some Starspeeders for X-Wing.
>>
>mfw Kenobi, a widely known, possibly famous, public figure could hide on Tattooine for years no problem
>mfw every in-universe character talks about the outer rim as a quasi Empire-free zone
>mfw this is totally supported by maps of the galaxy
>mfw the galaxy has 3.2 billion habitable systems, only 69 million of which are of interest to the Empire, but only 1.75 million are integrated in to the Empire
>mfw I've never heard the expression "needle in the hay stack"
>>
File: DSC09130.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC09130.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
>>44345518
>>
Gonna be playing in a Force & Destiny based game soon, and choosing Soresu Defender as my starting spec. Now, my idea is to be the tank, like, THE tank. What are some good matching specs? I'm already looking at Guardian's Protector.
>>
I have some questions, I cant decide if I should get one of each core sets + the single x wing. or two of the new core set and the single x wing. OR should I just get one of the new core sets, two t 70s a single x wing?

I really like the newer T 70s.
>>
>>44345526
>mfw kenobi, a widely known, possibly famous public figure could only hid on tattooine successfully by becoming a complete hermit in the most backwater neighborhood of the most backwater planet, and literally never using his lightsaber in front of people.
>>
File: DSC09131.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC09131.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
>>44345549
>>
File: sanjuro.gif (991 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
sanjuro.gif
991 KB, 500x438
>>44342540

My GM wants to run an old pub campaign of D20 Saga. Everyone wants to be Sith besides me. I was planning on playing a gray ex-Jedi.

That said, can anyone stat this guy as a level 3 Jedi guardian?
>>
>>44345572
>mfw he could've hidden easily hidden on Coruscant, but chose Tattooine to protect Luke
>>
>>44345448
It doesn't really matter, because I'm arguing it wouldn't be particularly fast at all. How quickly the empire takes notice of you is directly related to where you are, how frequently you're calling attention to yourself, and how frequently you're moving around. At no point is Vader going to get involved at all unless he just happens to be in the right place to follow up or you've eluded numerous inquisitors multiple times, because there's no way in hell someone's going to go to Vader without trying to gain all the glory for themselves first.

If you're just popping the saber out once or twice, scattered across multiple systems, it's gonna get written off as local myths and legends. If you're staying in one place and constantly using it, word is eventually going to make it to an inquisitor, and he's going to check things out. If you're leaving an easy to follow trail, they're going to catch up to you eventually. If you're using the force and waving a lightsaber around on Coruscant, you're gonna get picked up immediately and brought in front of The Emperor himself.
>>
>>44345595
Literally Obi-Wan
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.