[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi. I am about to play chess, but I have never used a board with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 918O42ZuKqL._SX425_.jpg (21 KB, 425x306) Image search: [Google]
918O42ZuKqL._SX425_.jpg
21 KB, 425x306
Hi. I am about to play chess, but I have never used a board with clear and frosted pieces. Which group is "white"?
>>
>>44335188
Your board didn't come with the frost knight expansion campaign book? Dude, I would return it. If the seller didn't clearly list it as being sold as is, missing pieces, you should be able to get your money back or at least trade it in.
>>
>>44335188
the ones with privilege
>>
>>44335233
Which side goes first?
>>
>>44335188
>Which group is "white"?
The white ones.
>>
You have to play a game of checkers to determine who gets to start. If you don't have a set on hand, improvise using the chess pieces.
>>
>>44335375
so frosted?
>>
>>44335308
Lol
Golden.
>>
>>44335315
The expansion totally gets rid of IGOUGO. How have you not heard about this, anon? You give all of your pieces secret orders by placing tokens under the bases. There's a decision making aspect because the number of different types of orders you have are limited, you have to figure out who is going to do what. If you bought used you can always see if your LGS has the book for sale. Its almost as expensive as the box set, though. the box with the book and all the order markers and the special 25 sided initiative dice is only 35 dollars, the book is 27.
>>
>>44335392
If you improvise, which side goes first?
>>
I HEARD WHITE ALWAYS GOES FIRST SO I GUESS FROSTED IS WHITE HUH
>>
the different sides have their queen on their respective colors.
>>
>>44335188
>playing chess
> not rolling for initiative
>wat
>>
>>44335188

>Clear and opaque chess pieces.
>I can't shake the thought of a slime kingdom
>Time to take a break from /tg/
>>
Launch a surprise attack with your knights, obviously. If you take the initiative you won't lose the war, eh old chap?
>>
>>44335188
the white queen will be on a black tile. once you go black
>>
>>44335188

If the chessboard is properly set up, check your right hand corner - it should be a black square. That side would be white. I think?
>>
>>44335188
queen on color

In that picture white is the frosted peices
>>
>>44335543

The store is closed for the holidays.

Do you have any of the Secret Order Tokens on hand so I can print some out real quick?
>>
>>44335777
Nice get bro
>>
>>44335188
Which ever you want

also lick your finger and wipe away the frost, then watch it magically return, I don't know what sorcery this is but I remember that from my childhood
>>
>>44335795
Thanks! Now I can play :)
>>
>>44335474
I was right the whole time. Fuck you.
>>
>>44335814
Frosted glass works by having a microscopic jagged surface. This causes all light passing through it to be refracted in random directions, creating an illusion of bluriness. When you wet the surface of Frosted glass, the liquid fills in the gaps, temporarily creating a smooth surface and preventing light from being diffracted when exiting, thus making it clear.

Of course, this effect only lasts as long as the liquid remains. Once it goes away, most frequently through evaporation, the "frost" effect comes right back.
>>
>>44335957
/tg/ truly is the best board
>>
...c'mon, plebes, step it up. The clear pieces are white. Bottom-right corner is white, and if the board is correctly set up that way, the side with the king on the right is white--you can clearly see that's the clear ones. Don't believe me?
-Bottom left is black
-Therefore top-left and bottom-right are white
-Count three squares over from top-left, king on black
-QED
>>
>>44335188
They're both white

Welcome to Europe
>>
>>44338897
>They're both white
>Welcome to Europe
Yeah, Europe from the 60's or so
>>
>>44335188
Nice shoop. You switched black's queen and king.
>>
>>44335727
White sees the Queens on the left, and Black sees the Queens on the right.
With the board as shown that means [Clear->White] and [Frosted->Black]
But if you rotated the board 90° before setting it up, it would be the other way around.

If you plan on recording your moves, either make sure you put the Queens in the correct places or invert all of the column names.
Really though, it's an arbitrary decision. Just *have* someone go first.
>>
>>44343281
>not knowing 1a is always black
>>
File: phpvG8PYn.jpg (63 KB, 615x574) Image search: [Google]
phpvG8PYn.jpg
63 KB, 615x574
>>44335188
Queens are in the left from white player pov, in the right from black´s pov.

Pieces´s colours are as irrelevant as squares colours. You could use the same for everithing if it wasn´t so messy (look for "shogi" in google).

Also, anyone can start the game and it will be a game of chess. You just need to indicate it in the sheet if first player has the queen at right.
>>
>>44335188
The queen will always start on her own colour and you should have a black square to the left of the bord so white is on the right.
Hope that helps.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.