[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you guys know of a good resource for counterfeit MtG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: mtg.jpg (21 KB, 200x277) Image search: [Google]
mtg.jpg
21 KB, 200x277
Do any of you guys know of a good resource for counterfeit MtG cards? I'm not looking to play with them in tournaments or whatever, just looking to get some replicas of the older cards for fun and for casual play with some of my good friends.
>>
>>44328161
Why does literally every person who asks for fakes have to follow it up with the "but I'm totally getting for casual play only!" bullshit line.

We know you're fucking lying. I just don't understand why you feel the need to lie on 4chan.

If it's just to play with your friends, print out some paper cards, cut them out and put them over basics in sleeves.
>>
>>44328278
Honestly, I've thought about getting cards just for casual play. Shit like Doubling Season is a bit absurd.

If I did, though, I'd almost certainly get them with a different card back to make it clear that they were fake, since I play with sleeves, rather than trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.
>>
Is Chinaman still around?
>>
>>44328278
OP here, never seen a thread like this, but I am not lying. I am that rare gamer who likes owning physical cards just to examine and I'd like some physical rendition of the old school cards.
>>
>>44329712
they usually pop up mid thread
>>
Ever since Stomeman vanished, all the other proxies are shit, from my experience.
>>
>>44328161
Since everyone else in here is moral fagging, here's how to find the awesome proxy maker I order from. I buy from this guy all the time, and I sell/trade them no problem. They're really good.

Find the user: "Best Shopping Centre" on Aliexpress. There's all you need to know.
>>
>>44328161
Here's how I do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAV1WI98lKE
>>
>>44331564
>people who don't like cheaters are moralfags
>>
File: 17.jpg (40 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
40 KB, 375x523
>>44328161
You may print cards in this site, just send the images (never tried MTG cards).

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/blank-poker-card

You also may use Magic Set Editor and create you own cards (or make a new card in old style/alternative style)
>>
>>44328161

stoneman.
>>
>>44331998

not that guy but

>spending less on cardboard means you cheat during the game

Look at him and laugh. I bet you also "invest" in cardboard.
>>
>>44328278
I've also wanted good proxy for casual play, I mean, first off, making a vintage cube would cost more than my car, and secondly, if I'm playing mox emerald, I'd rather have it look like mox emerald and not some shitty printout thats poorly pasted to a Suntail Hawk.
>>
>>44332858
if you want to play causally and not spend a ton of money on the game, be my guest and print some fucking proxies out on printer paper, sleeve it in with a land so shuffles like a regular card

Don't try to justify spending $300 dollars on counterfeits so you can play in sanctioned tournaments then sell them for profit when they're about to rotate out of standard, that's scummy and cheating.
>>
>>44334362
>counterfeits
>rotate out of standard

Can't happen as the new cards have the holo-marks
>>
>>44328161
I want to know if there's a chinaman that has this "almost the real deal" quality but who will print custom cards.
>>
>>44332858
>If OP wants to play casually, just print them on paper.

>If OP wants to play competively, just get with the program and lay down those bucks.

There's no reason for this thread, other then OP being a certain something you usually see on /b/.
>>
>>44338663
> If I spent bullshit amounts on cardboard to play a game competitively, everyone else should have to as well.

Fuck off, the words and pictures on one piece of card are the same as the other. There is literally no difference to the game where your cards came from. You're just butthurt because you spent hundreds more on yours because they're "official".
>>
File: 242.jpg (34 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
242.jpg
34 KB, 300x224
>>44338663
>Paying thousands for cardboard
>>
>>44340433
>Paying thousands for cloth
>>
>>44340436
Fuck off mait. I like my Rick owens
>>
>>44340481
I was more referring to money itself
>>
File: Image.jpg (22 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
22 KB, 223x310
>>44332375
Oh, this is neat, I always wanted to get the full dual-lands set but with the Vintage Masters art instead. I wonder how the quality is.
>>
>>44340390
>I disagree with the cost of x
>but I still deserve to play it

If mtg was like football or golf you'd get laughed off the field for using counterfeit equipment, but I guess we have to share space with entitled pieces of shit like you
>>
>>44340515
It'd be great tongue some physical copies of ABUR duals where the art isn't more pale and washed out than a scotsman who lives underground.
>>
>>44340493
Oh. Canadafag here, am super used to plastic money now so I didn't even notice the reference
>>
>>44340536
>If mtg was like football or golf you'd get laughed off the field for using counterfeit equipment

Yes, because counterfeit sports equipment could be reasonably be assumed to be of lower quality and thus impact the quality of your game.

Explain to me how a card printed in one warehouse could conceivably affect your game compared to another warehouse. Does official Wizards Ink help you work out the best line of play.
>>
>>44340573
>2015
>not knowing the secret trademarked properties of Wizards' ink
>not knowing how to use the secret ink to win
Let us know when you're ready to start playing real magic :^)
>>
There are a few sellers on aliexpress. Just look for "mtg proxy".
Sadly I can't say anything about the quality since my order is still on the way.
>>
>>44340536
>golf you'd get laughed off the field for using counterfeit equipment
"sir, that is not a real golf club, you're just pretending it's a real golf club"
>>
>>44340536
If mtg was like football or golf all the fat neckbeards would die of exhaustion within 30 minutes
>>
>that one guy that dropped thousands on cardboard demands others do as well

Ayy
>>
File: 317.jpg (29 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
317.jpg
29 KB, 375x523
>>44340515

Try yourself. You may use a lot of templates and styles
>>
Yea I get great proxies off ali express, I mixed them up with some real cards and I lost the fakes in them briefly, even with a jewelers loupe
>>
>>44340924
>If mtg was like Ur mum all the fat neckbeards would die of exhaustion in 30 minutes
Ftfy
>>
>>44341466
Is it just a matter of telling them what cards you want? How much would an entire replica set be?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.