[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG LGC Competitive Brews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Monastery Mentor Alter.jpg (40 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Monastery Mentor Alter.jpg
40 KB, 300x400
>Get rekt control mirrors (UW/UWr Miracles)

4C Mentor:
4 Abrupt Decay
1 Bayou
4 Brainstorm
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Deathrite Shaman
2 Flooded Strand
4 Force of Will
4 Gitaxian Probe
1 Island
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
1 Marsh Flats
3 Misty Rainforest
2 Monastery Mentor
1 Plains
4 Polluted Delta
4 Ponder
4 Preordain
1 Snapcaster Mage
1 Surgical Extraction
1 Swamp
2 Tundra
3 Underground Sea
3 Volcanic Island
1 Zealous Persecution

Sideboard:
1 Council's Judgment
1 Flusterstorm
1 Helm of Obedience
4 Leyline of Sanctity
1 Mindbreak Trap
1 Misdirection
4 Rest in Peace
1 Surgical Extraction
>>
These "borderless" card alters look so good I wonder why WotC doesn't just print them that way.
>>
>>44317235
"I approve this message"

WotC is hit or miss with cool when it comes to the flavor of the art.
>Cool Promo: Languish
>Garbage Promo: Snapcaster Mage
>>
>>44317106
I am building Canadian Threshold. I am seeing people say this deck is bad. Before I buy goyf and volcanics, is it bad?
>>
>>44317235
Price. There was another card game I played that did full-art alternates as promos, and they looked great but they were somewhat expensive to print if I remember right
>>
>>44318897
No. Its the best of the pure delver decks.
I always thought that BUG delver was more of a midrange deck.
>>
>>44317106
>Legacy
>Competitive
>Brews

Pick two.
>>
>>44318897
It has absurd value in many matches.

[Old School] Nimble Mongoose being hexproof can blank out bolts, swords, and many other cards that opponents would use.

Canadian Threshold is the best top decking value machine right. The only problem is you are can trip light and threat heavy so if you get a bunch unaligned threats you can lose, but the pressure it makes it absurd.
>>
>>44324599
4C Mentor / Esper Mentor has won three tournaments in the last 2 weeks. It is popping its head out of the shadows. It is a fundamentally sound deck.
>>
>>44324599
There's a lot of room for brewing in Legacy, there just isn't room for trash. There are so many existing decks that it's hard to find anything truly original that isn't just bad. For example, you can brew whatever you want as long as it has 4x Chalice, 4x Trini, 8x Sol Land, 4x 3cmc hatepiece. The rest of your deck could be draft junk and you'd still win a lot of games. People just don't consider that a real "brew" because it's built on a base of already proven cards.
>>
>>44328130
There was a prison deck that was tribal soldiers.

4 Chalice / 4 Trinisphere / 8 Sol Land Builds
Goblin Prison
Warrior Prison
[OG Kuldotha Forgemaster Variant] Mud Prison
Trini Choke is brutal (I have been the victim of it)

>Monastery Mentor vs. Young Pyro
>MM has the highest ceiling and has been proven to work in standard, modern, legacy, and vintage. MM suffers from consistency and being a 3 mana spell in a quick format.
>Young Pyro is super consistent and low ceiling.
>>
>>44328280
White Stax/Angel Prison are also things, same with Demon Stompy, Sea Stompy, Dragon Stompy, Big Red, Deep Blue, etc. All pretty zany brews, all viable.

I've been thinking a bit about reviving Team Italia lately with either a Mentor or Pyromancer shell instead of the old Stoneforge kind of thing. The old lists from 2011 are a bit funny, they run Figure of Destiny, even. There are quite a few better options in the one-drop slot now, notably Swiftspear. Thoughts?
>>
File: grixis.png (445 KB, 1408x540) Image search: [Google]
grixis.png
445 KB, 1408x540
>>44317106
>beating control mirrors
BEST DECK COMIN' THROUGH
>>
>>44321851
BUG Delver is the aggressor in most matchups, but is the control player in other delver matchups
>>
>>44326638
Last week I twentied someone with a goose through a rest in peace. Nice swords bro
>>
>>44329004
Nice Dack tech
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.