[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/ Is there ever a good excuse for Vampires to be able
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: CHRISTOPHER-LEE_2925088b.jpg (50 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
CHRISTOPHER-LEE_2925088b.jpg
50 KB, 620x387
Hey /tg/
Is there ever a good excuse for Vampires to be able to reproduce?
I once wrote that there is a potion they can brew that more or less re-boots their bodies temporarily.

Thoughts?
>>
>>44309381
No, but it's fantasy so don't let it stop you.
>>
>>44309381

Make up whatever the fuck you want because vampires aren't real
>>
>>44309381
>Is there ever a good excuse for Vampires to be able to reproduce?
Their bodies are fully functional and generally not damaged, why is it beyond belief that their genitals are fully functional as well? And even if they aren't, for the undead rigor mortis isn't a disadvantage
>>
>>44309714
I guess thats a good point.
I guess it really depends on how you look at a vampire.
How undead it is?
It is simple a soulless monster or is it straight up dead with no pulse
>>
>>44309381
They're organic rather than magical.
They're spirits rather than undead.
Their offspring are normal humans.

Take your pick.
>>
Thanks /tg/
>>
>>44309381
Depends if your vampires are undead or parasite in human form
>>
>>44309381
Vampires are the quintessential human monster, it makes sense thematically that they would be able to do it.
>>
File: 1450574556648.png (505 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1450574556648.png
505 KB, 1366x768
>>44309381
>>Is there ever a good excuse for Vampires to be able to reproduce?
Because they're motherfucking dead
>>
>>44309381
Something something draining life to restore a facimile thereof.

So only when well-fed.
>>
>>44309381
>I once wrote that there is a potion they can brew that more or less re-boots their bodies temporarily.
You mean, cures them of vampirism? They wouldn't really be vampires anymore then.
Plus I'm more in the camp that to make more vampires you have to sire them, even though it means dhampirs aren't really feasible.
>>
Sure. Almost everything about the modern vampire concept comes from Romanian myth, in which they could reproduce and were often highly fuckable.

Just have it be on the basis of how well fed they are.
>>
>>44309381

It actually has been done before, image points to source.
>>
>>44311792
I like this idea.

Maybe make it like, on a full moon or something.
>>
File: 1339909621560.png (286 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1339909621560.png
286 KB, 640x480
>>44309381
Depends on how you define "vampire" in your setting. You could always just make them a living species that preys on and mimics humans. If you still really want vampires to be undead, make the living vampires species' prey turn into a different sort of vampire, an undead sort.
>>
>>44309381
Dude it's your world. vampires of the most massively reinterpreted of monsters. Vampires have kids all the time. Just establish what conventions you are using in and stick with them .
>>
>>44309381
I enjoyed Van Hellsing's way of doing it where all the births were birthed dead.
>>
Vampires are dead. No heart beat. No blood flow. No erections. No reproduction. Reproducing vampires are strictly for a fanfiction tier setting.
>>
>>44312933
I enjoyed that as well.
>>
>>44312933
Apart from being gross how does that make any sense? Vampires can can conceive but not give birth to live young? All you're doing is it drawn attention to the issue.
>>
>>44309381
Vampires are magic, they use a spell for it, duh.
>>
>>44309435
>>44309472
Thanks Josh Trank, loved fantatic four btw.
>>
>>44312397
>Maybe make it like, on a full moon or something.

And it's gotta be virgin blood. From a hot chick. None of this basement-dweller neckbear twist ending shit.
>>
>>44313554
Wouldn't virgin blood be kinda the opposite of what one would need?
Its a fertility ritual, wouldn't you want the blood of a mother?
>>
>>44313165
Well, yeah. To US it doesn't make any sense, but we're looking at it from an entirely different frame of reference than the frame of reference that vampires exist in. Vampires are sort of like the antithesis to humans, and thinking about it that way it makes perfect sense.
>>
>>44313953
I'm struggling to see how. Except maybe in a ' oh woo is me, for I can only give birth to death' sort of way.

If you establish they can have sex get pregnant etc I just seems odd to stop halfway.
>>
>>44309381
>Is there ever a good excuse for Vampires to be able to reproduce?
When they are not undead, just diseased.
>>
Depends on the setting. If they're not undead, just living humans with a curse then why not?
And it would make sense that a curse related to blood would be passed down through the blood.
>>
>>44316978
Well, humans represent life and God, and thus they birth babies. Vampires on the other hand represent death and are risen by the Devil, and thus their birthings are born without life. You need to look at it in less of a biological sense and more of a metaphysical sense. Of course, as the old /tg/ saying goes, depends on the setting.
>>
>>44309381
Maybe you find a vampire who is so proud of himself and his family that he seeks to have his very own child to carry on his legacy rather than just vamp someone else
>>
>>44309842
World of Darkness says their every bodily fluid is blood. So they can get erections but they ejaculate blood, which I imagine is scary for the partner, painful, and it means you have that much less blood.
>>
>>44319410
What about flush of life though? I mean it also costs you blood but at least you would have a semblance of normal body functions again for a short time.
>>
>>44309381
>a good excuse for Vampires to be able to reproduce?
You know how blood keeps vampires fresh? It also keeps their junk working, although their seed is forever tainted by the evil of undeath. A pair of vampires can never produce a child on their own (no souls in parents = no souls for the kids = horrifying braindead miscarriage). A half-vampire, however, is born with just half a soul and will most likely grow up a vile malformed wretch. Half-vampires, for all their earthly powers, have severely deficient emotional and empathetic faculties and almost never develop into decent people. The trauma of being raised by soulless monsters and often consuming human blood with them does not help matters.

If a vampire woman wishes to bear the child of a living man, she must gorge on fresh blood throughout the pregnancy, consuming more than two to three times as much as is normally required to maintain appearances. If she is left thirsty for but three days, she will become barren once more and the pregnancy will surely fail. For the extreme amounts of very fresh blood required, and the increased chance of exposure, motherhood is quite risky for vampires. As a result, most would-be vampire mothers will simply adopt or steal mortal children, raising them as their own and often transforming them into vampires when they reach adulthood.
>>
>>44311719
>Because they're motherfucking dead
>a good excuse for vampires TO be able to reproduce

Anon....is there something you want to tell us?
>>
>>44319620
>motherhood is quite risky for vampires
and the end result is a shitty half-vampire anyway
>>
>>44319155
life starts at conception Anon.
>>
>>44319620
>>44319646
>shitty half-vampire
I mostly meant that the kid would usually be ugly and cruel, since they don't get enough soul. They'd get some buffs from their heritage, and wouldn't have all the same weaknesses as a true vampire. They could walk in sunlight for example, and might be resistant to crosses and holy water. I'm not sure which powers they would get, if any, beyond the usual speed, strength, and enhanced senses.

But yeah, half-vampires are not a normal thing for a variety of reasons. In-universe they'd be shrouded in mystery and superstition. What few vampire mothers exist aren't exactly lining up to submit their kids for study, and for good reason. Confirmed vampires are pretty much kill-on-sight, and half vampires often get the same treatment.
>>
>>44309381
Dhampir (half-vampires) are supposed to be a thing in folklore.
Of course it depends on the setting, but quite often a vampire that has fed on blood is able to maintain at least a semblance of life (IIRC WoD vampires, while normally dead, can use blood to temporarily restart their biological functions). I wouldn't consider it impossible that they'd be able to reproduce as well. Probably easier for male vampires since they could just drink blood and then have sex with somebody, while the female would have to keep her body in the life-like state untill the baby is born.

And sometimes vampires aren't really undead in the conventional sense, but remain alive and unaging as long as they drink blood, in which case they should be able to do all the biological functions humans can if they wish to.
On the other hand, often vampires are fully undead and can't have any biological functions, and thus could not reproduce.
>>
>>44309381
In Vampire: The Masquerade, there is a ritual that can cause a female vampire to get pregnant.

This can be utilized if you want to free yourself from your sire since the parental instincts are much stronger than loyalty to the one who embraced you.

>>44320049
Wait. Dhampirs are a thing? Not made up by modern authors? Need to look into it.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.