[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for Chaos to taint Tyranids. And I mean fuck up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: genestealer_2768x1200.jpg (863 KB, 2768x1200) Image search: [Google]
genestealer_2768x1200.jpg
863 KB, 2768x1200
Is it possible for Chaos to taint Tyranids. And I mean fuck up whole hive mind level taint.
Don't think there is such a case in Canon but I come from the fact that every Nid contributes to the Hive mind as much as it is effected by it.
There were cases of single Tyranid organisms to get mutated by chaos, just like any other animal. Let's say they bring the taint back, the Hive mind would try to expose it like an infection, but let's say taint progresses subtle. How far you guys think it would reach?
>>
If it got into a Norn Queen and by extension the entire bioship it would have the potential to escalate indefinitely. Just like the Tyranids themselves have the ability to spread indefinitely.

It helps if the corrupt bioship is isolated from the rest of the hive-fleet because if the rest of the fleet detected something like that happening they would annihilate it.

The Tyrannid ability to mutate at will would be the greatest advantage to Chaos-Nids.
>>
>>44303553
But what I meant is how fine is the sensing capacity of the Nids.
What if the whole ship got a latent taint. Something like a suggestion planted into the collective psyche, just like any reasoning or observation made by an expeditory hive fleet, and then it would just go past undetected into the bigger Hive Fleet rendering it practically insane.
>>
>>44304118
As fine as plot needs.

Its like how fast ships move through the Warp. They move at the speed of plot.
>>
Used to be, Chaos could sometimes taint Genestealer Cults resulting in some rather...interesting changes in doctrine. But as only the Patriarch and Purestrains had hivemind access, this may be a dead end
>>
>>44303457

I've always felt that the tyranids carry their own private chaos god (the hive mind) along with them.
>>
Yes, In one of the deathwatch supplements, the ark of lost souls. The BBEG is called the beast of thule which is essentially a chaos tainted hive tyrant.
>>
>>44303457
Yes but it isn't easy due to the shadow in the warp.
>>
>>44304251
sounds metal, can't find anything on lexicanum

>>44303553
>>44304190

Interresting point would be why would Chaos launch an attempt to corrupt the hive mind.
Do they want to do it to stop them from eating the very stock they prey upon themselves, or maybe they want to use this endless stream of mutating biomass to launch their most destructive campaign ever?
>>
Obliterator virus?
>>
There is always room for Nurgle.
>>
>>44303457
Mentally? I doubt it.

Physically? Oh hell yes. That was mentioned in the 3rd edition GK codex.
>>
>>44303457
this happen during a battle between a hive fleet and a quartet of greater demons the tyranid armies were being destroyed or mutated by the entropy of the warp
>>
>>44304231
This is kind of true. Apparently the Hive Mind sees the Chaos Gods as competing galactic predators.
>>
>>44305507
it was after the event I was talking about in the above post it was in the tyrannid 6 edition codex
>>
>>44305105
Oh sweet fucking Jesus what would that even look like?

Holy shit.
>>
>>44306662
Barbed horsecock stranglers everywhere.
>>
>>44303457
Considering the hive mind controls most of the drones and all the organisms only provide some sort of experience for it, not emotions- I don't think the hive mind, sentient as it is, experiences emotions as most other races that actually feed chaos. Dunno.
>>
Chaos can corrupt individual low level Tyranid organisms, but there's nothing in it for Chaos. No blood, no pestilence, no excesses, no keikakus, no soul.
>>
>>44306987
the cover of a heavy metal album
>>
>>44304902

Here's the eavy Metal pages from back in the day.

http://eldritchepistles.blogspot.com/2013/06/bryan-ansells-genestealer-cult.html?m=1
>>
>>44303457
Nope, that's what the shadow of the warp is about. The hive mind fucks up the warp, not the other way around as usual.

>>44307119
The hive mind controls most Tyranids the same way you control most of your body cells - you don't.
>>
>>44303457
>is it possible
>re fictional universe

Just stop.
>>
>>44303457
In the book Storm of Iron a Warsmith of the Iron Warriors used an entire cabal of Psykers to get a Hive Ship that was only part of a smaller tendril of the Tyranid hive fleet, and hypnotized it long enough for the Warsmith to infect it with the Obliterator Virus, or a derivative thereof.

He used it to transport his Titans.

In the Space Wolf novels, there was a Space Hulk that had diseased tyranids onboard; their hive ship (a small one) had been crushed into the stuff of the Space Hulk, so it was just another component of it. The nids it birthed had diseases and were sickly.

So the Warp can infect the Tyranids, if they're blocked from the Hive Mind, or left in the warp too long.
>>
>>44306662
Happens in the novel storm of iron. They tainted one of the narvhals or whatever the transport ships are called with the virus to transport Imperitor titans
>>
>>44304902
>Why would Chaos want to corrupt something?
I honestly don't think I've ever honestly considered this question in regards to anything.
>>
>>44313855
>Why would water want to make things wet?

Out of all the questions you could ask about 40k this is the one you choose?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.