[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Your blade reflects the light of the sun into the eyes of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: blinded-by-the-light.jpg (41 KB, 460x308) Image search: [Google]
blinded-by-the-light.jpg
41 KB, 460x308
>Your blade reflects the light of the sun into the eyes of the enemy, alerting them to your presence.

Every single encounter.
>>
>>44300511
Keep it sheathed until needed?
>>
Why the blueberry fuckmuffins is yoyr blade that shiny?
>>
>>44300526
Why isn't yours?

Sneak shine attack
It's like pocket sand
But with more stabbing
>>
Like nigga just rub a bit of lampblack onto the blade
>>
File: praise_the_sun_by_immp-d8bfvos.jpg (247 KB, 750x1110) Image search: [Google]
praise_the_sun_by_immp-d8bfvos.jpg
247 KB, 750x1110
>>44300511

Why the fuck is this a problem? Don't be a bitch. Embrace Glorious Incandescence
>>
>>44300511
start to do it on purpose, make the enemy fear the sun shining into their eyes.
>>
>>44300511
Good thing I'm a vampire hunter
>>
>>44300511
Use a blunt weapon instead
Pour water onto your blade to rust it a bit in a few days
Paint the blade
Keep it sheathed, master that unsheat+strike move
Approach the enemy with the blade behind your back
Cover the blade with your cape/scarf/long sleeves/any piece of cloth
Spread dirt/ scrap grass on the blade
Watch the angle of the blade so it points to another direction
Approach your enemy from shade in the surroundings
Approach your enemy with the sun at your back covering the blade with your shadow
>>
>>44300511
good. shine your blade brighter, so it blinds your enemy.
>>
>>44300511
I attack at night.
>>
>>44300818
>Your blade reflects the light of the full moon onto the enemy, alerting them to your presence AND activating their lycanthropy.
>>
>>44300841
Why the FUCK wasn't their Lycanthropy already active!?
>>
>>44300853
They were on the shade
>>
>>44300853
Not suspenseful enough.
>>
>>44300841

>Your blade reflects the light of the full moon onto the enemy, alerting them to your presence AND turning them into giant berzerk monkeys.

FTFY
>>
>>44300511
REVVED UP LIKE A DEUCE

ANOTHER RUNNER IN THE NIGHT
>>
File: grandkhan[1].jpg (47 KB, 273x400) Image search: [Google]
grandkhan[1].jpg
47 KB, 273x400
>>44300511
looks like you've got a cursed weapon, pal.

Reminds me of the Sword of Destiny from the eurocomic Dungeon.
>Hey, I got my weapon drawn and I still can't see shit.
>I told you that it glowed in the dark, not that it provided any significant light.
>Well, talk about shitty powers.
>>
>>44301016
I'm sure those are supposed to be ghosts on his cape, but they look like sperm and dicks.
>>
>>44300511
Develop a catchphrase that your character shouts each time this happens. If your GM is redeemable, he'll eventually warm to it and can be persuaded to give you something for just rolling with it. If not, then everyone else has a larf and you piss off your asshole GM.
>>
>>44301801
For extra annoyance, it should be 80s cartoon-tier.

BE BLINDED BY THE LIGHT OF SAVAGOR!!!

Or something like that.
>>
>>44301801
>>44301010

You know what must be done, OP.
>>
>>44300853
The sweet blood had not yet called to them, brother
>>
>>44300511
This is now my next cursed weapon I give out
>>
>>44300511
>keeping your sword this polished

You're just asking for it. NPC adventurer parties want to fight you because you look like a pansy with such a clean sword.
>>
>>44302680
>not taking care of things you own

It's part of being an adult, anon
>>
Sounds bad but I promise you this will pay off when we go up against the vampires.
>>
>>44301333
It is a european comic.
>>
File: Iaijutsu.gif (6 KB, 626x257) Image search: [Google]
Iaijutsu.gif
6 KB, 626x257
>>44300511
Keep it sheathed, approach, then destroy your enemy with a brilliant Iaijutsu attack. The light in his eyes will render him unable to defend himself. By the time he is alerted, he will already be dead.
>>
BY THE POWER OF LUGH

BLINDING SUN BLADE - MIRROR EYE TECHNIQUE
>>
>>44300947
kek
>>
>>44300511
Your dm may abuse this, but shimmering metals/lenses have been a very common issue for stealthily moving soldiers throughout the ages. During the peninsular war for example, light troops always covered all metal surfaces on their uniforms exactly to avoid this situation.
>>
>>44308804
Sounds like bullshit. If the troops were light, why would they need to cover up reflective surfaces? One more bit of light isn't going to make a different.
>>
>>44300526

Why wouldn't it be? Real swordsmen took incredible care of their blades. Swords being rusty and grimy are a Hollywood invention.
>>
>>44308853
Damn I gave you an opening bigger than the universe. I should have written skirmishers.
>>
File: 1440698975283.jpg (181 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1440698975283.jpg
181 KB, 894x894
>>44300511
I paint my armor and weapon black, it prevents rust and the shine giving me away! Just like in real life.

Srsly though that's a real thing for those who didn't have a dozen servents to maintain the armor.
>>
>>44300795
>Pour water onto your blade to rust it a bit in a few days
Absolutelydisgusting.jpg
>>
>'I stick the sword to the ground'
>tell everyone to hide
>wait for the enemy to follow the glow
>ambush
>>
>>44308884
you could also put stuff on it that makes it less shiny but doesn't wear away at the blade
>>
File: laughing wizard.png (795 KB, 842x473) Image search: [Google]
laughing wizard.png
795 KB, 842x473
>needing to resort to vulgar melee weapons
>alerting the enemy to your presence because you can't turn invisible

Everyone lower than Tier 2 needs to leave the party.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.