[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elona
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: face3.jpg (3 KB, 80x112) Image search: [Google]
face3.jpg
3 KB, 80x112
Do you guys have any portraits to share from the elona costum folder?
>>
File: pcc_body_3.png (16 KB, 128x192) Image search: [Google]
pcc_body_3.png
16 KB, 128x192
>>44299910
>Elona
Man, this takes me back.

Do you need just portraits or will in-game sprites fit too? Because for them there's an entire generator, better than native in-game one (though, to be honest, anything will be better than that).

geocities jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/

posting my old character. I also have a bunch of stuff i saved from pixiv, coming up.
>>
>>44299994
>geocities jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/
thank you, anything costum user would be nice
what folder your pic goes in?
>>
File: 31381055.png (3 KB, 128x192) Image search: [Google]
31381055.png
3 KB, 128x192
>>44299994
>Elona keeps its graphics in .bmp

Well, this is inconvenient.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=843118

this guy has a lot of Elona stuff, including portraits. The password for archives is always Elona.
>>
File: 52736310_p1_master1200.jpg (121 KB, 589x246) Image search: [Google]
52736310_p1_master1200.jpg
121 KB, 589x246
>>44300025
graphic/PCCs/save as exact filename that was posted here.
Not sure if it HAS to be .BMP to work, but converting it is 3 seconds, so it's not a big deal.

Elona Wiki also has graphic packs with tons of accessories and custom characters, and there's "Elona" tag on Pixiv for even more stuff, largely monster sprites, kancolle customs (don't ask, i don't know why it's a thing with Elona) and assorted things.
>>
File: chara_228-âhâëâSâô.png (5 KB, 48x96) Image search: [Google]
chara_228-âhâëâSâô.png
5 KB, 48x96
>>44300117
In general Elona has self-explanatory file format for its chargen (even though it's much better to use graphical editors if you want anything fancy or, at least, not terrible).

Premade characters are just body with all additional stuff (hair,eyes,armor,accessories, in-game armor depictions) disabled.
>>
Is Elona+ still updated?
>>
>>44302520
Yes, but most updates affect endgame. There's the translation effort (both for plot and for miscellany stuff) on elona wiki too, and iirc the first act is now completely translated.
>>
>>44302823
>endgame only*
There are things like weird NPC trophy collection quest and extra monsters, but the development have moved to South Tyris.
Lost Irva is still empty as fuck and basically a postgame.
>>
Fuck I love this game, though never made it to level 5 because murderputits
>>
>>44305669
It's not that hard once you know what you're doing.
>>
>>44305754
I could never get too far before getting frustrated as fuck and giving up. Advice plz? If you need something more specific than that, maybe something like...

-How do you not die?
-What's the best way to get good enough stats to not die?
-What are some strong builds that'll let you do cool stuff?
-What do you like to do, and how much system mastery does that require?

I'd really appreciate it. It's always struck me as a really cool game and I've always sucked at it like a Vegas hooker.
>>
>>44306228
First thing first, Elona is grindy. It is basically Disgaea of roguelikes.

-When you just started, you're weak. Like, hella weak. The best way to get stronger at this level is to travel to Yowyn and get to vegetable gathering. It trains many skills and stats at once, so farming work will get you stronger in no time AND give you valuable platinum. After getting enough platinum, buy basic skills for the type of character you're doing. In general, don't try doing main quest or static side quests until you get at least to 30 in combat stat and 20 in weapon/casting skill.

-Any character can learn any skill or spell, so "build" is just a question of how much time you dedicate.
Fighters are strong and easy to play. Caster characters are somewhat harder and weaker, but if you join the magic guild you can replenish their books easily. My favorite are unarmed fighters - they start off weak, but gain ridiculous facepunching power later. Their weapons are also quite amazing later on, although many of them are made of ether, so prepare for mutations.

-The funnest thing in Elona is figuring things out - the game follows the same paradigm as Dwarf Fortress - losing is fun. It lacks permadeath and truly unfixable mistakes are rare (DO. NOT. ATTACK. A. HOBO. IN. VERNIS.) System mastery in Elona boils down to stacking resists (some corpses when eaten increase your natural elemental resistance) and hiding in a shelter every three months (Etherwind can and will mutate you into something unrecognizeable if you don't).
>>
>>44306228
get the little girl in the first town, give her the biggest twohander you can find, follow her around as she wrecks things. you can do the easy monster hunting quests with that

from there it is just grind your way to whatever
>>
>>44306228
There's an extensive faq/guide on elona wiki. There's so much stuff that it simply isn't plausible to mention everything. The best way would be to just play, trying everything.
>>
I wonder if you could throw Elona into a tRPG
>>
Thanks Anon! That should help a lot. I never knew a lot of that. Mostly because I ended up dead too fast to learn it. >.>
>>
>>44307328
Some more advices:
Don't forget to increase your skills/get new feats as you level up. Each level you get 5 skill points and each 4 levels you get one more feat. It's better to train skills that have fallen to low potential (70-50%), since increasing potential lets you train them faster.

Good feats are dimensional step, drain and sleep touch. First is random eleportation across the screen, second drains enemy's SP and replenishes your own, third disables one opponent.

Don't forget to use special actions.
-Swarm you get for 30 levels in tactics, it attacks every adjacent tile. VERY useful.
-Shadow step (30 stealth) teleports you to target you focused and deals damage to it. Nothing personnel.
-BakuretuKen (30 martial arts) Exploding punch, deals damage in 1 tile around the target (doesn't damage you).
-Shining wave (60 tactics) Wrecks shit. Seriously, this thing is ridiculous.
-Knockout (knockout feat) Useful if you want to become a pokemon master. This skill does normal damage, but it cannot kill a target.
>>
>>44307520
The setting, under all its silliness, is pretty standard japanese western fantasy. So, quite easily, but why?
>>
>>44307547
Respawning is a standard thing in Elona, so don't be afraid to live, die, and live again.
>>
>>44307721
dying fucks up your potential though
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.