[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make a game based around cars and underground racing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: initial-d.png (713 KB, 1305x662) Image search: [Google]
initial-d.png
713 KB, 1305x662
I want to make a game based around cars and underground racing

is there any system that let's me do that?
>>
>>44292933
Make a minigame centered around the racing part, then plug that into ORE, BRP, or VeloCity. No RPG vehicle rules will do regular street races justice.
>>
>>44293007
I know what VeloCity is but don't know ORE or BRP mind giving some info anon?

Also how would the minigame be?
>>
File: 240.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
240.webm
3 MB, 640x360
GTA V sets up quite a bit of modding potential.
>>
>>44293072
Depends on what you want to do. Some kind of mechanic to focus on characters controlling a vehicle in competition for time through an obstacle course of obstructions, hazards, innocents, and law enforcement. It would be boring to just keep rolling drive checks.

ORE is the One Roll Engine, an easy to mod gamist system known from Godlike, Reign, Monsters and Other Childish Things, Nemesis, ...

BRP is Basic Roleplaying, one of the longest traditions in roleplaying with d% minimalist simulation for all applications as seen in Runequest, Pendragon, Call of Cthulhu, ...
>>
File: realistic.webm (3 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
realistic.webm
3 MB, 427x240
>>44293213
>>
File: Car Lesbians.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Car Lesbians.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I'm told this is fun at least for a few sessions, and it might give you some ideas to work with.
>>
>>44293246
If only over steer was that easy to correct in an RR
>>
File: Car Lesbians Track Pack 1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Car Lesbians Track Pack 1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44293321

And some extra content for it.
>>
>>44292933
Working on something similar here and I'm considering doing mostly what >>44293007 said.

Use a light system and handle the details through narration, maybe give some bonuses to whoever describes their action particularly well though that will tilt the balance of the game in favor of people who actually know about cars or have watched Initial D.
>>
im pretty sure the "car game" has been a common tabletop game right back till CarWars a popular game that Games Workshop made that would some times involve tables layed out like a model train set . there are of course newer home brewed systems like said lesbians but if I was you I would try and find a system from the golden era of tabletop gaming the late 70s or 80s I think while it might be older you will enjoy it more. Gorkamorka is probably another good option and once I build up my vechiles for 40 I do intend to give them replcable doors and holes and stuff so I can quickly convert them to looted stuff with afue bits for such use. but it really depends what you want. like personally I think I would want to play some thing like the newer fast and furious movies which is like more like the Road Rash PC game where its like car racing and drifting but also combat between moving stuff. for that I think Gorkamorka or just strait 40k with a nice home made mission is best. but it really depends...... model wise if you want it to be like street racing cars and stuff that's fine but if you want some thing a bit more max max that's fine too I think some thing in the middle would be best. like mad max 1 basically where its still very much "car culture" but the people that are driving it are just pysco there was a video game called Interstate 76 on pc that was a early direct x game that was also interesting like I think that was sort of based on CarWars or what ever that GW system was.. very 80s vs cool. lots of character like almost the cyber punk of the car combat game world. except pimps instead
>>
>>44292933
Street races are very simplistic and short. An RPG focusing on motorsports would have more tactical depth with things such as nursing tires/fuel, pit strategies, flag strategy, etc.

Plus it's perfect for PvP: each player is a racer on their own team. They compete in races and then have drama/conflict in between each race.
>>
File: f zero.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
f zero.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44292933
I doubt you're here anymore, OP, but there's an F Zero rpg. That'd likely work rather well with just some reflavoring since that's about futuristic hover cars. The racing mechanics all probably still apply.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.