[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #626: The Worm That Walks Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: TheBasics.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TheBasics.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44266524
>>
>>44286762
Yamaguchi dictated the rest of his intended plot and ending for Familiar of Zero before he died so it could be finished by another author.
>>
What's the most mundane thing you've ever wished for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKTjh_ykQY
>>
>>44286887
I wished for more beer.
>>
>>44286762
The author died in 2013, but apparently he wanted it to be finished so they found somebody to complete it, and it's supposed to come out in February.
>>
>>44286882
>>44286908
Still suspicious of it. Wouldn't count it as official.
>>
>>44286887
Forty acres and a mule
>>
>>44279075
fallen London question: If you buy some souls and reincarnate them back into Body does that count as having created life?
>>44286743
has anyone tried Letting Saitama have a go At them? Word of God is that he's a universe Buster If He ever got serious.
>>
>>44286887
That is quite possibly the oddest collaboration I've ever seen.
>>
>>44286887
An electric bug swatter (one of those that look like a tennis racket)
>>
>>44286997
>fallen London question: If you buy some souls and reincarnate them back into Body does that count as having created life?

There's lots of wiggle room depending on the details, and you can define "created life" in various ways - especially when you add souls to the mix.

It's probably close enough for whatever purposes.
>>
>>44286887

In the current chain, an Astral Light Pen - the only thing wished for, so far.

In previous ones, no idea. Those runs made full use of item duplication methods, so unlimited wishes was a thing.
>>
>>44287055
>>44286997

Oh, sorry - didn't realise you were asking Clover.
>>
>>44286887
The multiverse's most comfortable desk and chair set.
>>
>>44287137
>Not taking the most comfortable Couch.
You disappoint me.
>>
>>44286997
If you're talking for the purposes of them being companions because you created them it's almost certainly a no. You're not creating the conciousness, just giving it a body. Otherwise it would lead to stupid shit with people ripping out the souls of companion candidates and shoving them into another body to get what's effectively a free pod.
>>
>>44286887
The best All around pair of boxer briefs That this wish is capable of providing Me with.

>>44287055
More specifically I'm asking because of the rule that life you create doesn't take a pod, I've got a fair amount of space between the tower, the various terrain features that follow you between jumps, and the LoT So I was looking for some people to populate them.
>>44287111
Didn't they make it or did you ?
>>
So /jc/, as someone who has never played Monopoly, how do I win the jump?
>>
>>44287166
I don't have to wish for that, I can just buy it.
>>
>>44287302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hfe97Q5kuI
>>
>>44287302
Make sure you're the banker so you can swipe $100 bills when no one is looking (don't take the $500s, it'd be too obvious that you're cheating if people see all the orange in your wallet)
>>
>>44287345
>>44287371
Thanks.
>>
File: [angry hero noises].gif (3 MB, 415x370) Image search: [Google]
[angry hero noises].gif
3 MB, 415x370
>>44287302
All you have to do is hold out until everyone else quits.

This Gauntlet is not a test of your power, or of your knowledge.

It is a test of your patience.
>>
File: Bottledsoul.png (8 KB, 100x130) Image search: [Google]
Bottledsoul.png
8 KB, 100x130
>>44286997
>does putting a living thing in a new body count as making life.
Really? This has less basis then She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's plan, at least that /sounded/ like a loophole.
>>
>>44287169
>>44287190

But people claimed earlier that if you clone a character, they count as your offspring and are your companions.

Also, technically the issue with shoving a soul in a different body is:

You can't import them. As in, you can't give em origins, you can't give em perks, etc.
>>
>>44287302
Take the Landlord's Game perk. Buy complete sets, keep people from getting complete sets. That's literally all you need.
>>
>>44287435
Darn it,your right. Forget I said anything.

>>44287437
I have other ways to empower people and The idea was to get myself some civilians anyway.
>>
>>44287371
Can confirm.
Cheating is the best way to win.
And also the best way to get banned from parties you don't want to go to.
>>
>>44287489
Yeah, it's just empowering people is kinda different than proper import, since with proper import they got memories of learning or using their perk gained stuff and perk gained stuff tends to be either things you can't easily replicate or they are better
>>
>>44286997
To simplify, you just made mass. If you made life from scratch, with your own dirt, yes. Reincarnation with souls in this matter is just like changing a suit. And besides, you really should get those souls (and contracts, those seem to be an important part of the transaction) back to their owners. Anything to deny Hell its schemes.

>>44287302
Cheat. Buy railroads. Buy sides two and three. Stay in jail in late game. Break up monopolies. Cheat.
>>
>>44287302
buy the version change so that you can play the cat lovers edition. I don't know how you could lose with so many cats.
>>
File: Evil cackling.gif (497 KB, 500x215) Image search: [Google]
Evil cackling.gif
497 KB, 500x215
>>44287423
So, wait, all i have to do is be patient, and annoy the shit out of the other players until they leave? ...I can do that. I can do that very well.
>>
>>44287435
Who is "She-who-must-not-be-named" ? Why is she to not be named? Was that a super terrible player who ignored rules? Is all that she did not allowed, including the "Clone" or "Take soul" part?
>>
>>44287699
She was worse than me, we do not speak her name because she has a tendency to appear when you do. I wanted to help her, but she was beyond help, also likely a intentional troll. And just taking souls To get around the pod rule Would be bad enough,But she did it in a Way that involved a lot of weird fetishes.
>>
File: sad ruby.gif (995 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
sad ruby.gif
995 KB, 500x281
>>44287699
You sweet summer child, you do not wish to know.

I envy your innocence, for mine was lost long ago.
>>
>>44287699
If it's who I think it is, then she shan't be named less you summon her.

Let's put it this way. In terms of fetishes, she was worse than Tera.
>>
>>44287699
It's bad enough Tera was embarrassed by the comparison, and that's all I'll say on the matter.
>>
>>44287746
So wait, taking souls via FMA, Dark Binding, Elder Scrolls, etc, with the intent of spitting them out later in their own bodies is a pod rule violation?

Well, there goes that plan.
>>
>>44287754
>>44287764
Oh yeah,The Gal was a freak and not in the sexy way. I just have a type that is hard to find IRL,But she was messed up!
>>44287792
Funny enough that Was basically her plan, she was going to use dark binding to absorb the soul of her husbando and You don't Even want to know how she was going to make a new body for him!
>>
>>44287792
TECHNICALLY, THis was talked about many times and it's not BREAKING rules, it's just bending them, going around.

It really depends what you are doing this for. Just to interact with the character, hang out, or if you are just using them for army of super powerful characters. Also whether you are making it so you must take their soul before jump ends, lest they be stranded in world and without you or not. Whether they can be imported or not.

Issues that could make taking souls be allowable:

They do not respawn every jump like proper companions do.

If you don't take their soul back into you before jump ends, they are stuck there.

If you just try to get an army of super powerful characters, people might get pissy.

Some methods are immoral or agonizing.

And finally: If you die in the chain, or stay in the world... they stay in that jump too. So your death will strand them there, as will yolur choice to stay there. They can't be sent back. The world will miss them forever. And if you choose to be sent home? Same, if you take their soul with you.

So be careful, Jumper, lest you cause incredible tragedy and despair if you don't keep track of time, or get reckless. If you stop jumping, they may hold it against you too. If they die in a fight, unless you can revive people, well... they are stuck dead
>>
>>44287838
She was going to give birth to the body with either semen of her husbando or other characters and then put the soul into that body.

Is that about right? I'm guessing
>>
>>44287918
Pretty much yeah...... is that you we are talking about Anon?
>>
>>44287838
>>44287869
Some of it was intended as a method of storing worthy enemies as quirky minibosses.

Others was a way of granting a second life to those who were denied it and died early in canon (I was planning Angel of Borderlands for it if it came to that).

The people I liked but couldn't take I was planning on visiting post-spark.

>>44287918
Yeaahhh. That's some Franken Fran/SCP levels of messed up.
>>
>>44287939
Last time I checked, I'm a male.

I just guessed it from "You don't even want to know how she was going to make a new body for him" combined with general TG opinion about Cthulhutech or the rule of "Your children might be your companions, up to you"
>>
>>44287970
Really people use it that way?
I use it either on 1. opponents I don't trust To stay dead 2. opponents who do not fear death because their religious Beliefs cause them to imagine they will have a positive afterlife.
>>
File: Anti+Spiral.jpg (12 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Anti+Spiral.jpg
12 KB, 500x281
>>44286887
Huh. Can't believe that's not a Team Four Star production.

>>44287302
The only winning move is to get as drunk as possible and pretend whatever follows was just a bad dream for the rest of your journey.

>>44287699
You wish to know who she is? Rather, who she was? This path will only lead you to foolishness, consuming all, rewarding none. Turn back, please friend, turn back and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well. All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

A reckoning CAN be postponed indefinitely
>>
>>44287302
Know the rule. The rule is that if a location isn't bought by the person landing on it, it is auctioned.
>>
>>44287699
These questions are one with answers you can never unlearn.

Treasure not knowing.
>>
Hiiiiiiii.
>>
So, whats the "Only The Dead Can Know Peace From This" Drawback in Monopoly based on?
>>
>>44288252
Y'know, if you were going to fake out being nobody in particular you could've at least put on a trip as well

>>44288279
Probably someone's bad memories of a family reunion. The true evil at the root of all board games.
>>
>>44288252
Oh bother... hang on a minute where's your trip?
>>
File: oh-no-otter.jpg (25 KB, 297x296) Image search: [Google]
oh-no-otter.jpg
25 KB, 297x296
>>44287792
>Dark Binding

I wouldn't say that it would count in that respect, if only because souls taken in that manner are effectively slaves to your will. You control them completely, so any "free will" they have is what you allow them to posses.

Plus, I doubt anyone you'd want to give a body to would take kindly to you ripping out their soul and devouring it.
>>
>>44287970
>storing worthy enemies as quirky minibosses

Totally cool, it's what Dark Binding is all about! I do something similar, except it's with a myriad of horrible, horrible monsters I defeated. (Monster Hunter was great for that)

>a way of granting a second life to those who were denied it and died early in canon

NO. No, no, no, no, no. Dark Binding is most assuredly NOT something you want to use on people you like. There are several soul-based transportation/implantation perks and tech available throughout jumps.
Hell, Soul Tap someone and shove them into a nice container, then clone their bodies at a later date. Or, use some Sealing (from Naruto) to contain their souls in a tattoo/teapot/paper/rock, and then clone their body.
>>
>>44288821
Technically, couldn't you learn to extract these souls from yourself later?

And for those that think it's also agonizing, the devourment... Not exactly. When Seras ate the whatever the dude's name was, he was pretty chill about it and they had a friendly partner relationship.
>>
File: uraraka.gif (147 KB, 548x692) Image search: [Google]
uraraka.gif
147 KB, 548x692
So which Jumps have the best gravity-manipulation powers?
>>
>>44289361
Best I know of juts involves walking on walls.
>>
>>44289361
The one from Generator Rex is really good.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks the Megaman 64 600cp drawback is fucking stupid
>>
>>44289744
Probably, since I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't see a "Megaman 64" drawback in any of the Megaman jumps, suggesting I'm not understanding what you're saying.
>>
>>44289744
It's okay. It's actually much more achievable than other jump's 600 drawbacks. So there's that at least.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-20-20-18-46.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-20-20-18-46.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>44289809
I'm talking about the Bomberman one sorry, and this is it
>>
>>44289870
Oh, that one. Yeah, that's a pretty awful drawback. I don't think anyone's taken it.
>>
>>44289870
Oh yeah. That. Yeah that's complete horseshit. To an utterly retarded degree.
>>
>>44289900
It's just so stupid how this person actually assumed that some random guy could beat the Multiverse Entity that can create Oldwalkers
>>
Are there any settings that can let me control a skeleton as if I'm actually it?

I want to pretend to be a Lich then freak adventurers out when they find out that it's actually a necromancer behind everything.
>>
So, in Evangelion jump, can we arguably go for the Unit Null from the Evangelion: Another Impact short? As in, find where it was actually happening and GO GET IT

https://vimeo.com/121573863
>>
>>44290085
I don't think so, since it's non-canon. You could probably use the 0CP fanverse drawback to go there, though. But people tend to view going to noncanon worlds just to grab a specific item as being close to cheating.
>>
>>44290130
It is beautiful though.
>>
>>44289361
Fairy Tail has one or two, though I don't remember how good they are, and Touhou has something that lets you manipulate density. Hell, depending on how that and the magic in that that allows you to manipulate time work, you may be able to simulate gravity by doing whatever weird fuckery that bending spacetime is.
>>
>>44289361
also worm. It depends on what you are looking for
>>
>>44289361
No love for City of Heroes? I am a bit bamboozled trying to envisage a mini-black hole with some of your abilities, though.
>>
>>44289361
The Marvel jump (not the MCU jump, the other one)

Grab "Kinesis" and choose gravity as the thing you can manipulate.

Fairy Tail has S ranked Gravity Magic, which is also great.
>>
Reality Marble: Almighty Fusion Garden: This stems from the users near obsession with putting together objects and beings alike
This manifests itself after a garden of eden style garden but if one takes a closer look they can see countless objects in trees and plants alike
With this the user can fuse his abilities together with absolute perfection and can combine properties of people and concepts

How can I improve upon this?
>>
>>44289361
You could probably manipulate gravity with King Arthur magic but since it's one of the fundamental forces it'd probably take a boatload of energy to do
>>
>>44290618
Well, uh. For a start? Having an RM that explicitly deals with non-Type-Moon concepts is extremely meta. Probably don't do that. They're not Stands.

For another? "combine properties of people and concepts" is awfully vague as well as potentially far beyond the scope of any RM. Maybe you could have some sort of biorganic maze that feeds on and absorbs sentient beings like some Dead Apostles, gradually digests 'em into mana or something.
>>
>>44289361
One Punch Man psionics have gravity manipulation.
>>
>>44289361
One of the flames in Reborn! lets you manipulate gravity in an area if I remember right.
>>
>>44290706
Type moon doesn't have the concept of fusion? And I was thinking of having a limit on combining things
>>
I am here for a system shock/Space station 13 jump

Has anyone even mulled the idea over? Or am I outta luck for metal deathtrap jumps?
>>
>>44290979
metal deathtrap jumps you say?
Three letters: SCP
>>
>>44289361
This .gif reminds me of a question I wanted to ask the thread:

In your opinion, how far along in the story do you think a series has to be before it's ready for a jump? How many unanswered questions and opportunities for invalidating the fluff are allowed?

As an example, Boku No Hero Academia seems like it would make a fine jump, but we're still pretty early in the series and there are lots of things we still don't know. For instance, we don't even know where the powers in this setting came from. What level of explanation does a series have to have reached before it's ready for jumpmaking?
>>
>>44290806
>>44290706
Are there any actual guidelines to make a reality marble I thought it was your twisted point of view
>>
>>44290979
I remember hearing talk about a System Shock jump a while back, I don't know if it's still being worked on, though.
>>
>>44291095
It is but they're not basically unlimited in power and scope like Stands are.
>>
>>44291095
The thing is not a Twisted point of view because the " real world" is just the earth's reality marble. Yours is significantly smaller but that doesn't make it any less real or valid.
>>
>>44291156
>>44291165
What are your reality marbles so I may have a reference
>>
>>44291206
Just go look at some of the canonical ones on the wiki.
>>
>>44290806
Type Moon doesn't have any canon base for "I can fuse anything on a conceptual level", no.

>>44291095
It is, yes. As for guidelines-Nasu is inconsistent as hell. The general rule, though, is the older/more alien from baseline you are the stronger yours is, and however strong yours is, it won't be able to override Gaia alone. They're heavily tied to in-universe metaphysical nonsense.

Look up some of the Dead Apostle Ancestors for higher-end RM feats (and before you ask, ORT and Primate Murder don't count because they're only honorary members). And remember-these guys have been around for a long, long time and most of them have done other things to become one with their RM or get stronger, their RMs alone aren't necessarily all that impressive to start out with. There's one dude who's shtick is ummoning crows, for example.
>>
>>44291092
Bleach, Fairy Tail, and Toriko have proven that if it's a manga, do not make it into a Jump until it's done, or you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>44291220
I've already looked it up but sadly I don't really get how I would make something like that my own if it comes down to it I'll probably just copy a Canon one
>>
>>44291206
Basically it's a reality with rules That are different from the Reality marble Most people are familiar with. Archer for example is a sword, he knows he's a sword And His reality marble unlimited blade works is based on him being the collective embodiment of all swords used by Legendary heroes and villains,but Gaia Thinks that Archer is not a sword so when archer is in Gaia's Reality marble he looks like a dude with spiky hair,Archer needs to manifest UBW in order to Fully Take advantage of his swordlessness Since The most common reality Marble says he's a guy With spiky hair.
>>
does the sonnets of a sorcerer drawback out of harry potter give you any ability to create a sonnet on the fly?
>>
>>44291247
Thank you although I'd still like to see someone else's to gain inspiration
>>
>>44291317
Do not do that! a reality marble is your personal viewpoint, it's an expression of your very Innermost soul, to take a cannon one would overwrite who you are with whatever you took!
>>
>>44291381
I guess I kinda get it
>>
>>44291095
First, think of how you view reality. Then think of how different reality actually is. Now imagine you could tell the world to shut up, because your reality is how things actually are. That's literally what a reality marble is.

Iskander views his men as forever a part of him, still sharing his dreams and goals. They weren't. Most of them were just soldiers doing their jobs, some of them probably didn't care for him very much, and all of them are dead now. But he can tell reality to fuck off, and he can bring all of them together in a giant crusade. That's what a reality marble is.

So, what do you think which is objectively wrong that you want to make true anyway?
>>
For the King Arthur jump, can anyone recommend some nice Arthurian settings? Ones that would be easy to survive for a very early jumper?

Otherwise I'm thinking I may have to take the Dragon's Bride drawback. Sure, you're basically a shiny pet for a dragon, but the "standard" legend means you're in 5th century Britain: cold, wet, dreary, primitive, unsanitary, bloodily violent. Being the permanent "guest" of a powerful dragon, heavily guarded by its servants, isn't bad at all in comparison to being a medieval hobo.
>>
>>44291427
It doesn't say that in the description is that a thing ?
>>
>>44291387
Nope. If you do Disney Princess jump first, there's a free perk for that.
>>
>>44291502
Oh I'm not saying it's something you can't do, I'm just saying it's a bad idea That would Most likely Destroy your personality replace it with something entirely different .
>>
>>44290130
>>44290085

That short is amazing, though. After the intro I mean.
>>
>>44291481
Disney's The Sword and the Stone ought to be pretty safe unless Mim decides to get creative.

Unfortunately if you do take the Dragon's Bride drawback there is a strong possibility that Mim will be your dragon.
>>
>>44291477
How would I make an ability on procrastination?
>>
>>44291535
But I have perks that stop personality destruction
>>
>>44291570
Something to do with Time flowing at a different rate so that you always have all the time you want?
>>
>>44291600
Well then the reality marble is Probably the thing that's going to go in that case, it works by your personality and internal perception of reality differing from the planets, so if Your personality and and worldview don't change it's going to fade away
>>
>>44291535
>>44291610
>>44291663
Holy shit, Bancho's actually being pretty competent about this stuff.
>>
>>44291663
So make an original thanks I'm probably gonna post the result
>>
>>44291718
Is that a surprise? He'd probably have a Noble Phantasm if they were a thing that actually existed.
>>
>>44291774
Why would he have one?
>>
>>44291774
A Reality Marble, I mean. Fucking Nasuverse terminology, there's too many things to keep track of.
>>
>>44291791
You have to be legitimately insane to get one.
>>
>>44291718
I imagine this has something to do with how much stuff he's asked and got called out on for being stupidly overpowered about Type-Moon in the past. As hard as it is to believe, it seems some of the stuff he's been told again and again is finally rubbing off after a while.

If nothing else, it's a neat bit of serenity before the inevitable shitstorm when he does something wretched again.
>>
>>44291718
I'm trying harder, getting kicked out of IRC was a wake-up call.
>>44291734
Looking forward to it.
>>44291796
Fate is Equal parts OP and bullshit,I'm with you On that point . And I certainly hope That doesn't become a thing, considering my tendencies towards paranoia. >>44291813
See When the person in question is actually legitimately insane that's not an insult It's just stating a fact.
>>44291834
Pretty much yeah, Thanks Val.
>>
>>44291570
I dunno, think it over for a bit, you'll probably think of a neat one eventually.
>>
File: bloodbornedollheight.jpg (201 KB, 604x963) Image search: [Google]
bloodbornedollheight.jpg
201 KB, 604x963
Daily reminder that when Eileen kills you in Bloodborne, she tells you to tell the Little Doll she said Hello.

...Little doll.

LITTLE.
>>
>>44291887
Womanlets, when will they learn?
>>
What should I name my new companion from Soul Eater (She's a Weapon, a Scmitar to be exact)
>>
>>44292059
Jean-Louise
>>
>>44292059
Knives Chau
>>
Jumpers what feature is a MUST in your warehouses?
>>
>>44292059
Weiss Penny Schmidt-Ariel.

Coming up with that was physically painful.
>>
>>44292059
Madame Rouge.
>>
>>44292059
call her "hey you."
>>
>>44292059
Excalibur

>>44292138
Alternatively, bitch
>>
>>44292059
Well Scimitars are typically middle eastern so you could call it "Death to America"
>>
>>44291568
On the bright side, she's got that big tiddy form.
>>
>>44292126
Shelves.
>>
>>44292126
Medical bay,Never forget Someplace to Patch people up. Also plumbing plus Portal ensures you are never too far from a toilet.
>>
>>44292126
Infinite foods and drinks. It doesn't matter what kinds, I need them all.
>>
>>44292126
air

A workshop. Just having something the size of a garage to work in and not have to set up/move when I have to move around is priceless.
>>
>>44292126
INTERNET
>>
File: whiteout.gif (479 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
whiteout.gif
479 KB, 500x303
>>44292126
A cold storage unit.
>>
>>44292126
Size upgrade- more space is always appreciated.

Pods are also a necessity.
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>44292126
Force Wall. It's a warehouse before anything else, gotta keep the wares safe.
>>
How powerful is Castlevania Dracula
>>
>>44286887
I don't wish for things, I acquire the power necessary to achieve or obtain them.
>>
>>44292391
Shit. Forgot the question mark.
>>
>>44292202
>>44292218
>>44292221
>>44292227
>>44292295
>>44292319
>>44292354
>>44292375

I simply love how everyone has a completely different answer
>>
>>44292126
A hanger and/or tools
>>
>>44292126
A Spa, you got to chill out now and then and some worlds have no such luxuries
>>
>>44292126
There's only two things which are absolute necessities - Portals and Force Wall. Anything else can be replaced, but the ability to just GET AWAY from a bad situation, regroup, and recover is irreplaceable.
>>
>>44291860
Revelation Arena: the user manifest's this realm as a way to achieve the dream of his wish for a "pure" fight there are a set number of rules this reality marble sets in place
1. No person or thing can change or pervert this arena (no reality warping or field changing effects while this reality marble is still up)
2.if the opponent is injured they will immediately be healed to 100% the same goes for the user
3.All mage craft and magic as well as other abilities that need a source are super charged (constantly refilling)
4. The user can set only a number of two rules that are absolutely for himself ( these rules cannot severely impair the opposition)
>>
So are there any cool eyepatchs out there? Shades, capes, jackets and hats always get mentioned but rarely are eyepatchs.
>>
>>44292644
Is there anything I can change or to make it better ?
>>
>>44292594
Indeed.

Size upgrade can be done through extra dimensional space. WOrkshop can be made on your own. Medical bay too. Shelves, too, easy. Robots, too. Register? Too. The lesser gravity isn't needed, similar with power suit. Just make your own or get stronger. Internet...

Can you connect your warehouse to internet of the jump world without the upgrade?
>>
>>44292391
>>44292418
Well, he's from an old platforming video game series, so getting some real feats is kinda difficult. But looking up his boss fights might be a good start

Still, he's powered by primordial chaos. He is the Dark Lord, and is the de facto ruler of all evil in his universe. Death itself swears its loyalty to him.

So, I dunno. Drinking his blood to try and eat his soul will probably turn out real bad for you, though. Same for pretty much any monster/demon in that universe if you don't take some time to digest them.
>>
>>44292594
Portals a shit, tiny little entranceway is bad. Key best.
>>
File: what.gif (100 KB, 540x367) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
100 KB, 540x367
>>44292126
Warehouse? What warehouse?
>>
File: wallpaper_2974946.jpg (121 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_2974946.jpg
121 KB, 1680x1050
>>44292126
Warehouse? Is THAT what that interdimensional factory thing is?
>>
>>44292646
You could get and keep the "Dokuganryuu" drawback from Sengoku Basara (assuming that's what it's titled) - it comes with a neat eyepatch.

And a horrible disease, if I recall, but hey!
>>
File: 1450278943557.jpg (106 KB, 1002x774) Image search: [Google]
1450278943557.jpg
106 KB, 1002x774
>>44292697
I thought he was empowered by satan himself in that setting. He's incredibly powerful in his setting if you want to gain a piece of that power you're gonna need some serious willpower, and anti-corruption at the very least. Something that will allow you to suppress or remove his influence while still maintaining his power.

I'm not saying it's impossible. Just that he's no pushover, not by a long shot.
>>
>>44292697
Surely some of the more recent games have decent feats?

Wasn't exactly expecting him to be a walk in the park

Eh, was thinking about saving his soul until I was confident I could do it. Also, there is literally a perk that allows you to eat monsters weaker then you easily.
>>
>Got the IRC talking about Potato Mode
>mass fucking panc
WELP
>>
>>44292697
I thought Death works for him more or less because they're friends. He could leave at any time but Dracula and Death are buds so he hangs out in the castle and plays mini-boss.
>>
>>44292957
Obviously. Those guys lose their heads about the slightest thing.
>>
>>44292891
Interesting thing to note: In another universe, Satan is scared to hell by Dracula.

>>44292957
Little late to the party, aren't you Anon?
>>
>>44292957
What did you expect? At least five of them used to be in Magical Realm, and we /all/ know how that went down.

I hear Wakfu was in Domain Master, too. Got some bad rolls and died horribly. Saw things people weren't supposed to see.
>>
>>44292957
Yes and? How does this affect us?
>>
>>44293023
I thought Domain Master and Magical Realm were supposed to be the same thing
>>
>>44293078
Shitstirrers like to stir shit. News at 11.
>>
>>44293079
They weren't. Similar concepts, both blew up horribly, but not the same thing.

Anyway, I hope that explains it so we can get back to Jump talk, such as...

Is there any reason to be an Ouginak or Puddly in Wakfu?
>>
>>44292957
What's potato mode?
>>
File: HD-Menace.jpg (352 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HD-Menace.jpg
352 KB, 1280x720
>>44292915
The Lords of Shadow stuff is a different continuity, so it probably doesn't count for the jump we have.

And- I'm pretty sure we've had this same discussion before, but regarding eating everyone who attacks you and the ensuing corruption if you catch some good guy.

I'm just afraid of going a step too far and accidentally turning into this horrid abomination, though you're likely too powerful to worry about that anyway.
>>
>>44293163
>Ouginak
H I P S
Also if you like dogs and being strong as fuck.

>Puddly
Nigh invulnerable to physical damage. Pretty cute. Beware of evaporating.
>>
>>44293175
multiplayer

>>44292982
That sounds pretty boss, won't lie. Almost makes up for all the shit he went through back when he was a mortal.

>>44292915
I think there's a perk from Supernatural if you want to save his soul, although as others have pointed out-it's Dracula. Expect to have to give it your all, and piss off the primordial chaos in the process.
>>
>>44293175
It's a nickname for multiplayer. Once upon a time, someone by the name of Epicureanon released a "Multiplayer Supplement" that was actually a recipe for twice-baked potato casserole.

Some maintain that the recipe uses too much sour cream.

Since then, "potatoes" or "potato mode" has been a euphemism for the mythical Multiplayer Jumpchain, a creature dreaded and feared by many.
>>
>>44292891
Interesting thing to note. I'm not quite sure if Satan is a thing in the primary Castlevania canon. We have all kinds of demons and devils, but Dracula seems to play the "lord of all evil" role instead, with Chaos as the source of his power.

>>44292391
He's basically the lord of all evil in the Castlevania universe. He's not unbeatable in a one-on-one fight, though. He's no slouch in combat - some of his boss fights are disappointing, but some are among the hardest in the games. However, the majority of his real power is tied up in the Castle and his control over all the forces of darkness.

>>44292982
According to Lament of Innocence, the Crimson Stone is what gave Dracula control over Death; Death's allegiance is to its wielder. However, that doesn't mean they're not good friends at the same time.
>>
>>44293185
Yeah, it's an AU or some shit, but there are games not connected to that. Like, one of the era's you can start in is based on a DS game IIRC.

That perk I mentioned should allow me to negate that weakness.

>>44293250
I'm basically a lightning throwing god who can pick up a building from the foundations and toss it at him. I've got nanomachines that allow me to eat any magical attack he throws at me.

Granted, that's only if i survive it first, but i've got a couple abilities, including the nanomachines, that should allow me to survive that.
>>
I want to build a fully mechanical mech to fight an Angel from evangelion in melee combat.

What would you recommend?
>>
>>44293677
You need an AT Field.

Just take over Jet Alone, fix its power source to be better, give it an AT field or use your own if you somehow make it powerful enough.

OR GO GET THE EVANGELION UNIT NULL

https://vimeo.com/121573863
>>
>>44293677
melee complicates matters, if it was a ranged mecha you could maybe just strap a spaceship's gun to it

If you have Super Robot Wars OG, you can make or import a large class mecha which should do nicely
>>
So, I'm taking Monster Cat companion in Soul Eater (like Blair, for reference) and I need a name.
thoughts?
>>
>>44293856
http://www.behindthename.com/random/
>>
File: Jet_Alone_Prime.png (238 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
Jet_Alone_Prime.png
238 KB, 410x600
>>44293677
Find/Build Jet Alone Prime, and give it a Semblance.

Boom! Hammer Time.
>>
File: A.W._Mastema.png (303 KB, 430x526) Image search: [Google]
A.W._Mastema.png
303 KB, 430x526
>>44293772
>>44293799
>>44293677
Purely mechanical mecha are totally OK for fighting Angels, you just need to be sure you outfit them with powerful energy weapons. Something on par with the Positron Cannon should do.

Mecha sized lightsabers or HF blades will work as well.
>>
>>44292646
Pretty sure taking the right origin in the Space Pirate Captain Harlock jump gives you one for free
>>
>>44289361
It's more gravity manipulation technology but the FFXIII jumps all have gravity manipulation built into their science perks
>>
>>44292644
Is this better or no ?
>>
>>44293677
I know everyone told you 'AT fields' or 'positron rifles' , but you'd honestly fair better in buying the Lance. It's TECHNICALLY technology, and it wrecks angels' day.
>>
File: she sees your book.jpg (70 KB, 599x606) Image search: [Google]
she sees your book.jpg
70 KB, 599x606
So, how are your stories coming along?
>>
>>44294214
Reality Marble?
>>
>>44294244
Yes
>>
>>44294226
I can't write prose worth beans.

I don't even know why I'm still here, with that in mind.
>>
>>44294226
Are there any good perks for becoming a writer? Because I need them. Badly.
>>
>>44294226
Is this for jumpchain related stories or stories in general because if got a couple on the anvil right now
>>
>>44294264
Imagination? Imagination's probably right, which is fine in itself.
>>
Is there a Force Awakens Jump in progress? Because I feel like making one.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>44293677
...why fully mechanical? Angel combat doctrine should really be founded around the same principles as Endbringer combat doctrine: Out of context problems>raw firepower, and target the core.

But, well. If you insist:

-Master Builder and Upgrade! from Transformers to build agile war machines
-Dune and AssCreed perks for building more durable machinery
-Supreme Commander, because you're gonna need to seriously buff those forcefields to stand a chance
-Even disregarding the devil cell stuff, the Gundam jumps have some good stuff like the AGE Device
-Futurama and MCU. Not for giant robot stuff, but because if you are for some reason prejudiced against bringing magic to an Angel fight you're going to want to need significantly more powerful power systems to punch through an AT-Field
-Apart from the immense potential for reverse engineering, Macross has perks to make you a great pilot as well as good at building great robots
-Tenchi Muyo, Van Helsing, Mahou Sensei Negima and Johnny Test to up your tech level in general. Seriously you're putting yourself at a huge disadvantage against Arael, Leliel and Armisael.
-Digitised Sorcery from Fate/Extra. Hey, it's still technically technology
>>
>>44294309
Original Trilogy would cover that timeframe.
>>
File: Okay.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Okay.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>44294293
Honestly lets go with both, both is good

>>44294309
There are, two whole fucking movies left.
WAIT
>>
>>44294309
Can we wait until the triology finishes? There's two whole movies left!
>>
>>44294257
Seems rather structured, but maybe that fits your mindset if you're all rules lawyer-y
>>
>>44294343
Yah, but the munchkining potential is real, too bad someone's already making an Original Trilogy Jump though.
>>
>>44294353
I don't know how I would make one that's unstructured
>>
File: Antispiralshocked.png (190 KB, 393x453) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralshocked.png
190 KB, 393x453
>>44294226
Suddenly, writing assignments out of nowhere. Everything is...more or less on hiatus until next semester

That goddamn detective story is taking much, much longer to write than I thought
>>
>>44294412
>Too bad
Better movies. Newest one's plot is just a bad copy anyway. Plus someone, ya know, making jumps is always good.
>>
>>44294341
I've got this whole rwby sorta of si thing where I get mixed with cardin and I was going to explore the less known characters and the world it's self my jump chain one is that my rolls are ridiculous and I don't know half of these settings
>>
>>44294456
Are they making you write a full on short story?
>>
Jump #012: Castlevania
Name: Amelia Sabot
Starting Era: 1937 - World In Chaos
Origin: Cursed - Vampire

-Perks-
Inhuman Power (Free)
Power of Dominance (-800CP)
Lure of Darkness (-150CP)
Weapon Master (Chains) (-100CP)
Dual Art (-600CP)

-Items-
Cube of Zoe (-200CP)

-Drawbacks-
Order of the Demon (+300CP)
Illusionary Dance (+300CP)

So, not knowing much (Read: anything at all) about the Castlevania series, besides that it stars Dracula, I resolve to keep my head down until noticeably supernatural shit goes down.

Till then, i practice my newfound abilities with a chain and try my hand at running a proper company for the first time, specializing in R&D. I create several gadgets that wouldn't be invented for a few decades, and a further few that would never be invented at all in this dimension.

I make sure to be in Germany in 1941 so that i can Scan this ugly beast of a machine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerer_Gustav And quickly hightail it out of there. Once back at corporate HQ in the states, I get to work building and upgrading it.

Finally though, I heard news of entire villages disappearing in a line leading towards, where else, Transylvania. I began making my way there.
>>
File: AntispiralNOOOO.png (286 KB, 688x556) Image search: [Google]
AntispiralNOOOO.png
286 KB, 688x556
>>44294498
Oh no, the assignments are proper essays with references and all that guff

The detective story is the jumpchain-related one
>>
>>44294226
I wrote this for my MGS jump a few days ago.

>http://pastebin.com/dqkMRPfa
>>
>>44294309
Eh, don't care for it much. At least they had the token love interest be mildly competent by having her become a Jedi herself.
>>
>>44294652
'scuse me while I get right up in there
>>
>>44294655
Both of them should have died when they fought Kylo though, nothing's as good as a light saber battle against a trained fighter, no matter how injured.
>>
File: Flood of Stupidity.gif (2 MB, 200x129) Image search: [Google]
Flood of Stupidity.gif
2 MB, 200x129
>>44294334
No it won't.

>>44294309
Listen to these anons. >>44294341 >>44294343

>>44294655
Keep ya damn spoilers to yourself.
>>
>>44294655
>>44294749
Oi, spoilers you fucks.
>>
Can we just wait till like, the second movie to talk about the first movie?
>>
Is it bad that i'm rooting for the Empire/First Order?
I mean, they seem far more awesome then the Republic or whatever.
>>
>>44295065
Well, if they didn't have any of the damn Sith philosophy, they could turn into something of value. As it stands right now, though? All of the nope.
>>
what are some good martial arts jumps? I was going to go Journey to the West and Forgotten Realms, but are there some others?
>>
Is there anything that can help you tank gilgamesh's Ea ?
>>
>>44295138
Wuxia is a good starting point.

>>44295157
Either snag Avalon or make your own ripoff.
>>
>>44295226
Pretty sure that's not possible man. Shit was made by Faeries.
>>
>>44295226
Not magically transport to fairyland I meant legit tank do think a noble phantasm at peak A rank that's a strong a defense as the users will ?
>>
>>44295246
You can buy it as your EX rank noble phatasm for 600 cp and it works the same for you as I'd did artoria
>>
>>44295274
...Really? Did Val say this?
>>
>>44295307
I think so but then again I could be wrong but for EX it better be worth it
>>
>>44294280
Musician jump has a perk that removes writer's block, and Narnia and Princess Bride have storytelling perks that apply to writing
>>
>>44294280
Sims 3 has something
>>
>>44295325
I'm reasonably sure you can't buy canon NPs for yourself, and the buying canon NPs thing was for statting up canon Servants if you want to, say, build Arturia as your Saber.
>>
>>44295907
You can buy the Gate o' Babylon.
>>
>>44295907
with how much God Hand/Gate of Babylon has been talked about, I would be shocked if that were the case
>>
>>44295907
You can if you really lack imagination that much.
>>
>>44292059
CURVED. SWORD.
>>
>>44295933
The EMPTY Gate of Babylon.

But I already have one of those, I call it a warehouse.
>>
>>44295940
Hey now, Caster's little C ranked Dagger is well worth getting- it flawlessly severs ANY magical contract with NO ill effects on either party. That's worth a king's ransom in many settings.
>>
>>44295940
So what we're the original NP'S you made up ?
>>
>>44295979
Semantics!

...But yeah, empty Gate of Babylon.
>>
>>44295940
>You can if you really lack imagination that much.
You say that, but Rider of Black's lance is pretty damn hilarious.

if the tip hits a servant, then their legs disappear from the knee down. All for 100sp
>>
>>44296026
I'm personally fond of the left arm Xanadu matrix and the right arm evil eater 200cp
>>
>>44296018
>Any magical contract
Nope, anything on the level of a Noble Phantasm or above won't be affected by it.
>>
>>44296057
I really wanted to copy those two because of how fucking cool their names are but I have no idea what they actually do besides let you use in-universe mutually exclusive magic systems.
>>
>>44296057
Pretty sure that shit's off limits dude.
>>
Surely some of the things a specced Jumper, or even a half-specced Jumper, can do are on the level of NPs right?

I know some high fantasy settings that have them just lying around, that's for sure.
>>
>>44296113
I posted my build in thread with val and no one blasted my butt plus if I can get knight of honour why not that it's not over powered merely useful
>>
>>44294559
It was surprising easy to find the castle. I just had to follow the screams and monsters there. The castle was perched precariously at the top of a mountain, it looked like the cliff would crumble away at any moment and sent the castle plummeting.

I entered in my usual, tried and true, subtle, fashion: Bashing the gates down a lightning bolt. Once inside, I began looting the place for all it was worth.

Eventually, while I was looting, some skeleton dude appeared out of nowhere and tried to stop my fun, I decided it was time to test out my prototype chain, and, after a little struggling on his part, bound him. I killed him with one of the swords i found. Afterwards, I shoved the sword and the scythe he was carrying into the Treasury.

Shortly afterwards, I came into a large chamber housing a large coffin. I, being the ingeniously smart person I am, tied that shit up in the chain, and blasted that shit right off the bat with the largest amount of electricity I could muster for about five minutes.

Seeing as how I wasn't set upon by a pale jerk off in fancy clothes, I left back for the states as the castle crumbled around me. Pretty much nothing else happened for the rest of the jump besides one pitiful attempt at an assassination while i was at HQ,
>>
>>44296113
>>44296158

plus I am not seeing it on the banned skills in the drive.
>>
>>44296158
Dude, that shit let Shirou hack into the Holy Grail and True Magic. It is fucking off limits.
>>
>>44296184
oh, hey Val, I didn't know you were posting
>>
>>44296184
Considering you gave yourself hundreds of thousands of CP, if not millions and access to an off limits option, I'd say you're in no position to talk.

Oh, one last thing. Shut the fuck up about what is or is not off limits in my jump.
>>
>>44296184
I didn't actually know that I was just using it cause I rolled fate as one of my beginning jumps and I wanted that eternal youth and mage craft boost so are we gonna get an update on that servant supplement?
>>
File: RG0BS1U.gif (2 MB, 390x205) Image search: [Google]
RG0BS1U.gif
2 MB, 390x205
>>44296237
>>
File: snap-10.gif (918 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
snap-10.gif
918 KB, 500x260
>>44296237
>>
>>44296237
Ah. Still holding that petty grudge I see. Anyways, was just trying to help an Anon out.

Also, implying you would not have said the same thing.
>>
File: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.gif (489 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.gif
489 KB, 500x240
>>44296237
>>
File: stop.gif (361 KB, 410x206) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
361 KB, 410x206
>>44296305
>being a flagrant hypocrite
>trying to make an official ruling on a Jump that isn't yours
>>
>>44296305
>whatarerules.jpg
>>
File: STOP.gif (441 KB, 295x246) Image search: [Google]
STOP.gif
441 KB, 295x246
>>44296305
>>
File: 9vzYQwj.jpg (256 KB, 985x720) Image search: [Google]
9vzYQwj.jpg
256 KB, 985x720
>>44296305
>making this many assumptions about a jump that isn't yours
>having this many double standards
Quit while you're ahead, pal.
>>
>>44296349
>>44296366
Yes yes, I broke the rules of a game based on having fun so I could, what a shock, have fun. How was i being a hypocrite?

Also, implying I was trying to make an official ruling.
>>
File: STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>44296436
>How was I being a hypocrite?

By telling anon not to do the exact same thing you did, which is breaking the rules of a Jump.

I honestly don't understand how you don't get that.
>>
>>44296436
Look dude, there's no way this is ending on any scenario, just stop while there's still tme
>>
>>44296529
there's no way this is ending good on any scenario

Good job brain
>>
File: NO.gif (41 KB, 303x200) Image search: [Google]
NO.gif
41 KB, 303x200
>>44296436
Gilgamesh is super OP. As in, he has the proto form of basically every Noble Phantasm ever, as well as a physics defying flying throne/chariot, thousands of magical super-nukes, and a sword that can destroy a planet.

Oh, and he has chains that can SHACKLE GODS.

It'd be like buying the ship in KotOR and then saying: I know I paid for a small transport, but what I really got was the Deathstar.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.