[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Command and Conquer RPG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Greetings my brothers and sisters.
I am looking for a recommendation for a system to use to tell the glorious tales of our lord and master Kane, and to a lesser extent that of the GDI scum.

One vision, One purpose.
Peace through power!
>>
>>44286243
Gurps, also KANE LIVES IN DEATH!
>>
>>44286243
Only War might work.

Shadowrun might work, maybe. It at least has bunch of Cybernetics and stuff. Plus, you could use the meta abilities as mutations. But this would be a stretch, in a big way.

Delta-Green too maybe.

The weapons of peace!
>>
>>44286374
IN THE NAME OF KANE!
>>
Delta Green sounds like the best bet to me. It's got the right blend of action, supernatural/alien elements and hopelessness in the face of existential threats.
>>
>>44287064
FOR THE GLA! i WILL MAKE THIS SACRI-

Oh, er... Wrong room?
>>
>>44286966
Only War is probably the best bet, there's nothing in NOD's arsenal that can't be represented by the system.
>>
>>44287602
Tiberium?
>>
>>44287575
Wonder if the GLA is linked to Kane, somehow.
Like how he was an adviser to Stalin in RA1.
>>
>>44287897
All things are linked to Kane. The GLA is just what happens when neither Tiberium nor temporal fuckery run over the world.
>>
>>44288157
I'm just trying to imagine the GLA with access to Tiberium and/or time fuckery. The workers still wouldn't have any shoes.
>>
>>44287064
THE TECHNOLOGY OF PEACE!!
>>
>>44288206
The expansion gives them shoes. They're thankful and sound a lot more cheerful than before, it's hilarious.

>Working near tiberium without shoes.
I guess you can convert them into mutated tiberium monsters that spread the infect-the gift everywhere they go.
>>
>>44288400
Christ, and you just know they'd be forced to mine it all by hand.

>Dr. Thrax with Tiberium
I don't have enough nervous laughter reaction images for this.
>>
>>44288426
>The mob is now a mob of workers carrying tiberium shards to enemy base and they work like RA2 desolators.
Would be great.
>>
>>44287777
I'd have Tiberium do damage over time if the attached nodules are not removed immediately

Tib Exposure is a death sentence with the slight possibility of mutation
>>
>>44288450
>>44288426
>>44288400
if the GLA had tiberium they would pretty much be a faction of the forgotten

they'd live closer too and in harmony with tiberium and the horrors it spawns
they have outdated weapons
they are more willing than even nod to use tiberium and tiberium by products in their weapons
>>
>>44288400
>Mutated
>Not painfully turned into crystals
>>
>>44288685
But they still have really nice shoes.
>>
>>44287777

Corruption Points, with the various milestones providing mutations
>>
>>44288465

"Brother, this is a stealth mission, right?"
"Yes, why?"
"Well...I mean, if we're supposed to get in and out unseen, then..."
"Then?"
"Why do our helmets glow?"
"I...don't know."
>>
How would you stat buzzers under the Only War system?
>>
>>44288685
well yes thats a part, but someone has to turn into the visceroid at the end of the day
>>
>>44288888
no clue really I'm not familiar with OW or any of the 40K rpg's but they melt infantry
>>
>>44288888
It would probably have the Amorphous, Blind, From Beyond, Fear (1), Hoverer (At least 5), Machine (At least 1), Undying, and Unnatural Senses (50 sounds right?) traits.

Whatever weapon it has would probably do around 1d10+7 Pen 4 Crippling (1), Tearing, (maybe?) Felling (1 or 2), Flexible, Razor Sharp melee 3m or maybe as a ranged attack with the Scatter and Reliable qualities at s/2/3 and 10m?
>>
Thank you for your suggestions one and all
>>
Dammit, which book was the creature creation table in? I could have sworn it was in Creatures Anathema, but I can't find it.
>>
I ran a short game with a modified Shadowrun rules set a while back. Between the paracritter creation sets and existing cyber ware it went over pretty well.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.