[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system should I use for a terrorist game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 81EnIT04cKL._SL1500_.jpg (244 KB, 1224x1500) Image search: [Google]
81EnIT04cKL._SL1500_.jpg
244 KB, 1224x1500
Right, so my players want me to run a one-shot where they are terrorists trying to launch a major attack in the West. Seeing as how I've never run a game set in a non-fantasy/superhero setting, I don't know what system to use.

People usually suggest GURPS, but does anyone have any other ideas? Suggestions?
>>
>>44282935
For one like Four Lions? Fiasco, maybe.
>>
>>44282935
All Flesh Must be Eaten (minus the zombies).
The corebook has military operative mooks in one of the deadworlds and you can use the Survivor character archetypes as boss-level NPCs.
>>
File: GURPS.gif (206 KB, 664x921) Image search: [Google]
GURPS.gif
206 KB, 664x921
>>
>>44282948
MAID?

Allah is the master.
>>
Savage Worlds
>>
New World of Darkness' core book.
>>
>>44282935
GURPS. I'm serious.
>>
>>44283527
This. GURPS is for autism-tier grit and detail, Savage Worlds does movie grit reasonably well and is much faster and easier to learn.
A few tweaks can get it pretty lethal if that's the game you want.
>>
TAKING OUT THE FOOD SUPPLY
>>
>>44283620
This. Savage Worlds is for lolrandumb-tier cinematic grit, GURPS does movie grit reasonably well and is fast and easy to learn. A few tweaks can get it pretty lethal if that's the game you want.
>>
>>44284057
>GURPS
>fast and easy to learn
nice copypasta of my post faggot
>>
Delta Green, but the only old one is the great satan.

I mean, Delta Green is an rpg about being a terrorist group within the US government anyway.
>>
>>44282935
D&D 5e.

lol I'm just joking. But maybe you can tell me you and your friends' full names?
>>
>>44284057
[This is what GURPSfags actually believe.]
>>
File: 1438787667141.png (245 KB, 420x358) Image search: [Google]
1438787667141.png
245 KB, 420x358
>>44283392
That would fall apart terribly
>>
>>44284093

Except that it is fast and easy to learn?

Sure, if you try to learn it ALL, that'll take a while. Because then you're trying to learn material and rules covering at least ten different genres.

If you want to play terrorists? GURPS Lite and High Tech and that's pretty much it.
>>
>>44285861
Watch Four Lions already.
>>
>>44282935
Phoenix COmmand
>>
>>44285861
Kind of the point.
>>
>>44285861
You haven't seen Four Lions yet.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.