[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
80s Era d20 modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I thought of a general sorta setting that I'd love to play in inspired by MGSV.
>A world ravaged by war to the point that countries are structured more like your typical fantasy land with villages separated by miles of wilderness
>mercenaries working for the general public
>Most tech and weapons is 80s and 70s era
>The PCs would be a group of independent mercs.

What yall at /tg/ think of this?
>>
>>44279107
It sounds fun to me, but you have to make sure that you have the details right/consistent. Also make sure that all of your players know how the game works, the tone, and level of realism other wise shit is gonna hit the fan hard and fast.
>>
>>44279145
I'll take that advice to heart if I ever end up running it, not like I've got enough experience to be a dm yet. might suggest it to my group's dm tho.
>>
>>44279107
>d20 modern
Make 2 characters with guns
Get a clock
Mark the time
Roll initiative
Finish combat
check time

Friends don't let friends D20m!
>>
>>44279162
yeah maybe a different system might be in order
>>
>>44279162
OP here, any recommendations of systems I could use instead? I really don't want shit lasting forever.
>>
>>44279217
The genre is tough. Much will depend on GM expertise, no system will render modern firearms and weapons of war at a level that is satisfactory by itself. Look at Planes & Mercs on 1d4chan for a great example of a modern military campaign.

I'd try something like ORE or BRP. These are very easy to houserule and generic enough to take into any direction. You can mod in sanity or different health systems. Use Wikipedia and Jane's for equipment details and only stat out weapons that actually get used - the rest can remain in vague categories.
>>
>>44279267
Oh shit man thanks.
>>
>>44279217
Anything actually designed for modern (or future) combat instead of an adapted D&D system.
>>
Steal many things from Twilight 2000 for setting and flavour. Don't steal the system though. There are better narrative ones like Fate now, and there must be better tactical systems now, if that's what you want.

Played the shit out of Twilight 2000 when the actual cold war was still a thing.
>>
>>44279785
Came in here to post "This is literally the setting of Twilight 2000".

Got any stories of games? I've never played, but I like the game.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.