[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: jacevrynsprodigy.jpg (91 KB, 529x370) Image search: [Google]
jacevrynsprodigy.jpg
91 KB, 529x370
>PLAYAN?

>BUILDAN?

>Should Jace be banned?
>>
So, i want to get back into standard. I have a playset of all the KTK fetches, ao i dont think it would be too bad.
I've pulled 2 Jaces this month. Can i just use 4 flip cards and have those 2 Jaces? I don't think anyone would call me on it
>>
>>44272100
Legally you need to have 1 Jace for each flip card that way Wizards of the Coast can fully ravage your asshole.
>>
>>44272100
You can probably get away with it at the less serious events, although it is against the rules.
>>
>>44271822
Standard confirmed for dead format
>>
>>44271822
Fuck Jace. Fuck Zendikar Gideon. Fuck Ugin.
Overpowered game breaking pieces of shit.
>>
>>44273791
Jokes aside, this is one of the lamest standard seasons ever. The mana fixing fuck-fest means we see the same cards in almost every deck, combined with each color having a staple card you can't play without. I can't wait for fetches and rhino to fall out, seriously.
>>
>>44273828
I like how a log time ago they said they'd never make format staples Mythics, and now look at today.

Current standard is the most cancerous it's ever been, and the fact people still continue to lap it up amazes me
>>
I've dropped out of this standard season. Decks are too expensive and there's too little variance between decks. Hopefully Oath shakes things up a bit, but I have the feeling that I'll be waiting for SoI.
>>
>>44272100
Just sell the Jaces and go buy Sun Titan Control for Modern.
>>
>>44274232
How does that deck even finish out a game?
>>
>>44274381
You outgrind/outvalue your opponent with Sun Titan every turn, and until then stall the board with value creatures, removal, and board wipes.

It's hard to see how it can win just looking at the deck. Watch some videos/try it out yourself online. It's a tap-out control deck. Highly customizable too. I highly recommend it for someone getting into Modern, or someone who just wants a good budget style control deck.
>>
>>44274232
I already play Jund in modern.
>>44274381
You reanimate Sun Titan using Emeria, and from there you get back a lot of your shit that's been killed throughout the game. It's very fucking slow.
>>
>>44274381
your deck is named after a 6/6 value machine and you don't know Emeria Titan closes out the game? whomp them with your dude.
>>
>>44271822
What are some good toys that Red has?
>>
>>44271822
>>
Current Standard seems like the "perfect Storm" of bullshit.

super powerful Jace-walker, most powerful decks just cram rare and mythic value cards in with zero synergies or thought out mechanics, the most expensive standard landbase ever, aggro consists entirely of what is actually a combo deck, Atarka Red, and all other colors of aggro can fuck right off into oblivion.

doing well enough at FNM with Bant Scales but I really just don't want to play the deck even though its by far my strongest deck out of my pile of cards beyond Rally, which is so hate-boarded in my stores meta that its pointless.

so instead I just sleeve up Bant Scales and play this Kinda-Heroic deck where I play a million protection spells and counter spells and kill them with a Managorger Hydra or a Stratus Dancer.
>>
>>44274617
How do you feel about this bad boy over Huntmaster in the 4 drop slot? Waste of a slot?

What about Chandra, Pyromaster?
>>
>>44274689
mom and dad nalaar are a meme, much like their daughter, just play the big dog and bite people all day
>>
I guess aristocrats might raise in power pretty fast after Anafenza leaves the format.
>>
>>44274726
>I exclusively play memecards like Pack Rat in Modern

I also play Prophetic Flamespeaker in the same deck. I basically play a Jund list without goyf because fuck green
>>
File: 1450054899053.jpg (176 KB, 720x712) Image search: [Google]
1450054899053.jpg
176 KB, 720x712
>>44274741
and it also loses Rally, so its basically just lost alot of power too.

without any way to sac and return in mass your opponents can easily figure out how much damage you can do and act accordingly.

and how are you going to deal with this?
>>
>>44274836
Losing rally sure is a set back but every achetype will lose power as well.

For Kalithas, which deck will you think it might fit? Ironicaly I can only see it playing in an aristocrats deck.
>>
>>44274689
I don't like them as much as Huntmaster in Jund. I only play him SB. He can do a better job at cleaning up creatures, and gets me life.
Chandra, Pyromancer is very solid too.
I might try them over Tasigur or Olivia, though
>>
>>44275346
I feel you there, I always feel like Tasigur is kind of a risky one of if you run Dark Confidants, which I assume you do.

How often do you get blown out by unlucky Confidant topdecks?
>>
>>44275410
I've only killed myself twice off Bob, and both times I was at one life.
I've flipped Tasigur 4 times, and every time, I lived.
>>
>>44275127
alot of control decks, kill spells also turn into 2/2 zambies.

also warrior decks running Fleshbag's and Merciless executioners and Wasteland Stranglers.

all my creatures are kill spells and all of them make me poop out 2/2's!
>>
>>44274726
It's a really solid card against Etched Champion, and helps combat Lingering Souls a little bit.

Maybe sideboard is the right spot for it as >>44275346 said.
>>
Strangle I've been play testing thew deck a bit online and I just jeep dying off Fetch Shock, Thoughtseize into Dark Confidant.

Maybe I just suck/don't run enough Scavenging ooze/Kitchen Finks
>>
>>44272100
>So, i want to get back into standard

Don't.
>>
>>44272100
Why the fuck would you ever want to go back into standard, ESPECIALLY now?
>>
>>44275492
If you're fetching into a Thoughtsieze, you should only get a swamp. Unless the only fetch in your hand is Wooded Foothills, you shouldn't Lava Axe yourself turn 1.
>>
>>44273828
I wish all players were as angry as you and stopped buying packs.

That's what needs to be done to send WoTC a message.
>>
>>44275611

Sadly there will always be retards who will shell out 4 bucks a pop for packs, it's just unavoidable. I went to FNM for the first time in months yesterday to draft, there was a Standard event going on at the same time. 20~ people, only 3-4 of them over 12. Kids have money, kids love packs, kids love Standard.
>>
>>44275674
At this point the only people left playing standard are the absolute spikes, and the kids who don't know better. FNM at my LGS has all but died. Half the time they can't even get enough people in for standard to actually have an FNM.
>>
What is going to be standard once Oath of the Gatewatch comes out?
>>
>>44275783
Literally the same shit you're seeing now.

Nothing will actually change until Until April 8, 2016, when Shadows over Innistrad releases.

Since it seems that WoTC is lowering the power level of standard/new sets in general as we've seen with Battle for Zendikar, we can expect that set to be extremely durdlety and boring too.

Enjoy your decks consisting of only mythic rares.
>>
>>44271822
Jace isn't even that oppressive desu

People Or at least the people I go against just go for the +1 or -3 and don't even try to bother with the emblem. And all it's ever really done is allow them to cast the same spell again while still having to pay the mana cost.

Outside of all that he's a solid blue sparker. He's good, but I don't think he's deserving of a ban.

>>44275783
Khans will still be in, and the first half is rotating out when Innistrad 2 hits in April. So until then, it's still Khans format.
>>
>>44275764
God that's the fucking worst. I hate it when I see those spike type players literally SHITTING all over the younger kids just getting into Magic.
>>
>>44274142
>they said they'd never make format staples Mythics
They never said that. What was said was that mythics wouldn't just all be format staples. And that's true, since, last I checked, Narset isn't tearing up any assholes.
>>
>>44276224
Regardless, Mythic Rarity should have never seen the light of day, and serve only to make more players open more packs
>>
File: Fiddlestix go home youre drunk.jpg (86 KB, 496x498) Image search: [Google]
Fiddlestix go home youre drunk.jpg
86 KB, 496x498
>>44276311

but muh limited
>>
>>44274836
Is this good? I think it's good. Has Wizards finally managed to make a good card? Would Red be a good combo with this? Is there any good Red leak?
>>
>>44275902
Here in Montreal that's cool... You have stores where you go when you want to chill and stores where you know it's going to be "hardcore" players. The overall community is nice and standart is a bliss here.
>>
>>44277781

I thought games were Haram in North Syria, don't you guys know it's 2015 and you need to be preparing for Jihad, not wasting time on stupid card games.
>>
>>44277795
Canada accepted Syrian refugies xDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>44277795
>being against Isis
>not helping people that are running away from Isis

wew
>>
File: Swedish Heaven.png (225 KB, 800x3500) Image search: [Google]
Swedish Heaven.png
225 KB, 800x3500
>>44277807

Of course they did, it's 2015 how could they not, I mean in 2015 you gotta help refuguess, it's two fucking thousand and fifteen like come on right dont people know its 2015 and like here in 2015 we help people cuz its 2015!

>>44277831

>being against Isis
>letting Isis and Isis supporters into your nation to blow shit up

wew
>>
>>44277874
>Refugees are Isis in disguise and they are going to blow you up like Trump said xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Don't worry kid, you'll be safe in your mom's basement.
>>
>>44277908

>resorting to personal attacks right away

Just mention someone's feelings and you'll be all the way there!
>>
>>44277929
>meaning I was right

Listen kid. If it does fuck up, at least you will be able to say "I was right".

Otherwise, you'll be like all the other pussies, that are surprised when shit happens but don't want to actually solve the problem.

By helping those people, that are running away from a war the US created, we are showing them we are the good guys.

Stop believing terrorists are just crazy muslims... They are desperate people first and foremost, and then we they have nothing left, Isis comes and wash their brains.
>>
>>44274119
Well maybe standard would be good if every idiot didn't copy top 8 decks. Lazy dumbfucks are what is killing standard, not wotc. For reference to this blog post I beat jeskai tokens with U/G Kiora control
>>
>>44278016
Creativity is what is keeping going to FNM. My LGS has a lot of very talented players, but instead of just copying the great decks, they are fucking around with the meta very often, winning with theme decks etc... Really cool.
>>
>>44278060
I don't go to LGS, mostly because I have a good group and we play kitchen table which is fine with me. I just like to check in on the current metas and see people just do unoriginal decks, not like how it was many years ago when standard was only comprised of a few sets that everyone back then had were more creative
>>
>>44278095
I'm doing kitchen table games and EDH on Monday with my gf and friends, and we all go to FNM on Friday. Life's good.
>>
>>44274119
BfZ is going to be a fucking amazing standard format once KtK rotates.
>>
>>44271822
I just picked up my 1 of baby jace for vintage.

BTW:
Fuck standard because why spend $1500-$2000 on dark Jeskai or a top tier deck when you can invest in legacy and vintage?
>Learn to invest.
>Learn from Mono Black Devotion (4 years ago)
>>
>>44277908
>>44278004
Since 90s the only people I've ever seen use "kid" are 15-16 old edgelords.
>>
>>44278130
>dark jeskai

Why don't people just call it esper mill. There is no difference
>>
>>44278130
Wait

Are standard top 8 deck THAT expensive ?
I don't think they are...
>>
>>44277874
>2015
Is this some kind of epic shitposting meme I've missed?
>>
>>44275891
>People Or at least the people I go against just go for the +1 or -3 and don't even try to bother with the emblem. And all it's ever really done is allow them to cast the same spell again while still having to pay the mana cost.
yeah, uh, that's the point of the card is this an epic troll?
>>
>>44278143
I am not underraged no... Also, yeah, seems like I made my point and you're just using the fact that I said "kid". Guess you understood why you're retarded, that's cool.
>>
>>44278159
Fetchlands seemed to have drop in price
>>
So, has W/U ever been as annoying as it is now?

I want to strangle every fucker who plays it.

And I play G/U so I'm aware of the irony.
>>
>>44278182
Not even the same person but ok.
>>
>>44278196
there's a W/U deck in standard?
>>
>>44278191
Oh yeah, I always forget the fetch lands...
Lands are expensive indeed.

Just built myself a cool W/B Ally Lifedrain. Have 2 Sorin, 2 Drana, but just 2 Shambling Vents, that shit is like 8 bucks, for a land...
>>
>>44278232
Do you have a list? I want to make W/B allies work in my local meta
>>
>>44278262
4 Ally Encampment
8 Plains
2 Scoured Barrens
2 Shambling Vent
8 Swamp
3 Bloodbond Vampire
2 Coat with Venom
4 Drana's Emissary
2 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
3 Expedition Envoy
2 Harsh Sustenance
2 Healing Hands
3 Kalastria Healer
3 Lantern Scout
2 March from the Tomb
3 Serene Steward
2 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
2 Stone Haven Medic
3 Ultimate Price

Never had the occasion to test it yet, I'm sure I will have to modify some stuff but it seems funny to play.
>>
>>44278299
Point is obviously to gain life once or twice a turn, to trigger steward and bloodbond, while slowly draining the ennemy.
>>
>aristocrats
>jace
>jace
>jace
>aristocrats
>abzan
>aristocrats
>jace
>jace
>aristocrats
>jace
>jace
>abzan
>jace

zzz
>>
Playing G/R Ramp, taking it to GP Oakland. I'm actually enjoying standard, simply because of this deck. Nothing feels quite as good as casting an Ulamog, then tutoring for two additional Ulamogs.
>>
File: five color fuck you.png (430 KB, 1871x1044) Image search: [Google]
five color fuck you.png
430 KB, 1871x1044
>>44271822
>>PLAYAN?
5-Color-Fuck-You

>>BUILDAN?
legacy grixis

>>Should Jace be banned?
we have the tools available to handle him efficiently.
>>
>>44271822
What makes this card so good? I get it's expensive because it seems a lot of decks have a playset of them so there's a demand. But what is it that makes it so worth playing?

I'm reasonably new to standard coming from kitchen table magic and I've never seen a jace stick around long enough to actually do shit (I've only played against it twice or so and don't own any copies my self to try out).
>>
>>44278802
Filters card draw, throws shit in the graveyard to fuel delve, flips and becomes snapcaster mage. There's not much to get, he's fucking good.
>>
File: current_year.jpg (46 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
current_year.jpg
46 KB, 620x349
>>44278163
It's some /pol/ thing making fun of a terrible talk show host who incessantly pushes liberal bullshit and whose only argument is "come on people, it's CURRENT YEAR!"
>>
File: Nicknames.png (104 KB, 317x2096) Image search: [Google]
Nicknames.png
104 KB, 317x2096
Just found this list on a related site...
Which pro has the best nickname?
Imo, I vote for Dorito since it has the best story behind it.

I
>>
>>44279165
>terrible
John Oliver is great, though.
>>
>>44274689
why is this card good? it seems just ok to me.
>>
>>44280114

It's easily grabbed back with Kolaghans Command for more grindy value.
>>
>>44277908
But it actually happened. I bet the families of the Paris victims aren't laughing at this kind of snark.
>>
>>44280192
it's even seeing play in some modern twin though
>>
>tfw pulled a jace on yesterday draft
>no one will buy it

feels bad man
>>
Is it possible to shove Liliana in a BR dragons shell?
>>
>>44280657
I had Friends in Paris. It was not Syrian, it was Belgium guys actually, inform yourself please.
If we were affected by Paris, and I was, welcoming Syrian, that webt through much worse, is the least we can do.
>>
>finally give up and build rhinos
>FNM time, only 3 rounds as people playing standard are on decline
>first match - esper dragons, get fucked pretty hard. Die to 3/7 faggot dragon that was able to take 1 of my lives total thanks to shmbling vent healing me during my turn. 1-2 fucked
>second match, BR dragons, 1-2 fucked, roast trades really well with anafenzas and rhinos.
>round 3 bye

Is this me or those were rather hard matchups for abzan?
>>
File: Wfrsdgd.jpg (41 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Wfrsdgd.jpg
41 KB, 600x800
Can Nantuko Husk with Thopters be semi viable? Have any of you guys had any success with it? Looking in to building it as a standard budget deck. Fuck buying any Jace.
>>
>>44281383

why not to go GBU without jace?
>>
http://deckstats.net/deck-8573676-af46ac997f902845af9aac73b10d31e3.html

Here's my standard build right now.
Its ridicilously fun but holy shit all those triggers make it insane to play sometimes.
I've been thinking bout dropping the Butchers and start to play more Rallyish version of this.
I've also had a good success in FNM's
>>
>>44271822
this card is better as the format gets older. card is fucking incredible in vintage.
>>
>>44281638
boring
>>
so im thinking about building atarka red, since i have boros burn in modern with fetchlands, so the only expensive cards would be atarka's command and abbot, which is manageable

my local meta consists of 50% abzan and 50% some random homebrew crap like assault formation and stuff, so i guess i should be positioned okay.

however, im kinda afraid about the rotation, as the combo part rotates in three months and the rest of the deck in late 2016. so I am not sure if I shouldn't just buy some ally goodstuff and hope I get rewarded in OGW. Any other ideas/suggestions?
>>
>>44282151
Dont do it. Only reason i did Aristocrats is that theres a chance i can 'convert' it to something post rotation.
>>
>>44282214
about aristocrats - im afraid that after the rotation of rally the ancestors the deck will tank hard, since march from the grave is costly and not that good, and allies as whole just arent efficient enough to survive the abzan curve and so on. so i really dont know what to do at this point.
>>
>>44282151
Command and abbot are going to be around for a while and both are seeing modern play, you're fine financially and both of those parts aren't going anywhere for a while.
>>
>>44282295
yeah, but i dont really like the fact the whole deck rotates out in 9 months or so, and i am afraid it will become unplayable after become immense/battle rage rotates out, because it's the only game plan left after all the good burn spells rotated out with theros and m15.
>>
>>44282351
9 months is a long time for standard.
>>
>>44277278
>but muh limited

See, I don't agree with this either. Mythics tend to be even more powerful than rares, and as a result this makes Limited more swingy.

"Oh hey I pulled a Gideon, and all you have is a Blight Herder. Good luck lmao"
>>
>>44278196
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Cawblade was UW, RtR era had some pretty awful UW decks (Aetherling, Sphinx's Rev, Supreme Verdict, mana leaks/snapcasters out the ass) and Miracles is primarily a UW deck in legacy. That's just my knowledge since I started playing ~2011 too.
>>
>>44275891
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with his high starting loyalty, a protection ability that adds to his loyalty and being able to cast any value card from the graveyard.

Jace is just busted, hence why a lot of pros are saying that Jeskai Black is close to broken.
>>
>>44281398
I'd like to play more so because it looks interesting, rather than out of spite of the price of Jace.
>>
File: TheBantAwakens.png (19 KB, 609x217) Image search: [Google]
TheBantAwakens.png
19 KB, 609x217
>>44271822
>Playan
Jeskai Weenies
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jeskai-weenies-1/
>Buildan
Pic related, would like some feedback with this.

>Ban Jace?
Nah, he's fun to silkwrap.
>>
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-62-24-tix-standard-gb-value-leap

anyone tried this? looks kinda fun
>>
>>44271822

I think the whole Battle for Zendikar set should be banned from Standard on account of being fucking badly designed gimmicky garbage. Oath of the Gaywatch should be pre-emptively banned too. Let's just play Khans Block until Innistrad comes out and skip this shitty set.
>>
>>44285145
Too bad. We're replacing Standard with Battle for Zendikar Block Constructed
>>
>>44285145
Just ban the battle lands until KTK rotates out, that'll fix the busted 3+ colour decks.
>>
>>44285192
Nah, banning the fetches'll do the trick better.
>>
>>44285398
Those two cards are only really playable in limited.
>>
>>44285398
>abilities of both
>flying flying
>>
>>44285598

Posted in the wrong thread, sry.

>>44285677

Creatures with double flying can only be blocked by creatures with double flying, double reach, or flying plus reach.
>>
>>44274689
Actual jund player here. This card is nuts. It single handedly defeats grixis decks and other jund decks, basically it's impossible to efficiently get rid of and combined with Kolaghan's Command it's a nightmare for your opponent. It leaves behind colorless flying X/1s so affinity can't deal with it either. I used to play both Huntmaster and Chandra and neither are as good
>>
>>44275410
Coincidentally every time I've ever flipped tasigur I won
>>
>>44278118
>BFZ
>Amazing
You can't be serious
>>
>>44279610
He is a great person to mock.
>>
>>44275464
They do nothing to etched champion. They're doing the damage and they're red.
>>
>>44286088
I think he's saying the tokens can double block etched and kill him. That's true, but would probably never happen.
>>
>tfw didn't buy fetches when they were 9-19 dollars each
>didn't buy Jace when he was 8
>didn't buy hangerbacks when they were -1
Kill me.
>>
>>44287241
How would that "never happen?" Are they going to waste a galvanic blast on a thopter token, essentially trading one of their precious few cards for 1/3 of your card? Or do they just sit their with their etched champion not attacking while you kill them?
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>44271822
Should Jace be banned in what format? Standard?
>>
>>44273828
Actually the cards aren't broken at all. Pre-rotation was much more broken.

Give me back Elspeth, Hero's Downfall, Thoughtseize, Courser
>>
>>44279610

If you have really bad taste, maybe. His standup is fine, but Last Week Tonight has been a disaster.
>>
>>44274741
>>44274741
>I guess aristocrats might raise in power pretty fast after Anafenza leaves the format.
You realize of course Rally leave the format at the same time as Anafenza?
>>
>>44287927
They could just move counters over to Etched with Arcbound.
>>
>>44275440
I could see it in that deck with 4x Fleshbag, 4x Merciless Executioner, 4x Evolutionary Leap
>>
>>44290590
Better, go monoblack with Ultimate Price, Ruinous Path, and Smothering Abomination (for card draw off the Fleshbag/Executioner), and have Murder/Suicide Black
>>
>Playing
Grixis dragons control. Fun and grindy and the surprise Kolaghan dash with drifty on the board never gets old, though I get shit on by aristocrats and w/b lifedrain allies.

>Building
Grixis delve without Jace. Basically Tormenting Voice into Tasigur with a side of minor sweepers. Have yet to see if it works.

>Should Jace be banned?
For being so pervasive? Maybe. For being overpowered? I don't know as I'm not good enough at mtg to have an opinion.
>>
Is there even a Standard banlist?
>>
>>44292579
No. There's only been a few cards that were ever banned in Standard
>>
File: 20.jpg (48 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
48 KB, 312x445
>>44292579
The last time standard had a banlist, pic related.

Anyway, any new spoilers?
>>
>>44292579
wotc is EXTREMELY hesitant to ban anything in standard. it is the ultimate acknowledgement that they fucked up bad. the last time something was banned in standard was because of cawblade.
>>
>>44288232
You don't need Rally in an aristocrats deck.
>>
>>44284805
I've been playing that for the past few weeks. It's tons and tons of fun, but needs a better endgame vs. Control
>>
>>44293260
you do for it to win, hence the only Aristocrats decks in standard to even TOP 8 are Rally decks.

otherwise you are just playing a bunch of guys and maybe sacing them and hoping it equals 20.
>>
File: Snapchat--5084414002513571449-01.jpg (645 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--5084414002513571449-01.jpg
645 KB, 1080x1920
F U G
>>
>>44278159
Sell standard, buy lotus.
>>
>>44296246
?
>>
>>44296306
>Zendikar pack
>Foil land
I haven't looked at it yet. Too scared it'll be a basic mountain
>>
File: Snapchat-6369354480077372740.jpg (618 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6369354480077372740.jpg
618 KB, 1080x1920
Ah shit it. Still a nice one tho
>>
>>44296484
Hey, Ringgate Mountain is by far best basic mountain.
If it had to be a mountain, it's the best one.
>>
>>44296500
Nah the flaming lava one is better
>>
>>44271822
I dunno I like the play that Jace adds to the game, makes for more actual games of magic where people are able to cast their spells because he simultaneously helps against mana screw and mana flood. But fetchlands are awful for any format, actually the biggest mistake in magic, and I happily await their rotating out.
>>
>>44296500
Agreed famn. Now to go buy 19 more he he
>>
>>44287297
Jace has never been 8 pal.
>>
>>44296803
You could find him no problem for 8, but most sat around 10~12.
>>
Should I be playing this format if all I want to do is use BfZ cards? Mainly U/R Eldrazis.
>>
>>44296886
theres a shitty br eldrazi aggro deck, a shitty b/w allies deck, but other than that lol nothing.

b4z power level doesnt come close to khans block power level.
>>
>>44296964
Yeah, those Siege Rhinos start too look cute after a while.
>>
>>44296886
G/x eldrazi ramp
>>
>>44294070
what about the competitiveness of the deck? i agree the endgame is kinda rough but you can get most of the decks under soft lock and eventually cast ob noxilis/chain greenwardens/pop a titan and win.
>>
>>44279489
Wtf is this shit?
Where did you find it? Reddit?
>>
I went 4-1 in my fnm playing Abzan Midrange with shit like Nissa and Languish. Only matchup I lost was vs UG Ramp. Placed 5th, got a Promo.
Then I placed second in Draft and got another Promo.

Why does it have to be fucking Anticipate?
>>
>>44298503
>4-1
>5th

christ how many players were there? 50?
>>
>>44271822
Umm.... I just got back into it a little so...

Playing: One of the two starter decks I bought

Building: Um... might combine them a little? I've decided I like rally, in the Red/White one, though I tend to favor lifegain shenaningans like in the Black/White. I think I might have some Tarkir stuff somewhere (I think just the first set) and I'll have to see what got reprinted in Origins.

Jace: No idea, but a Planeswalker for 2cmc seems overpowered. Yeah, you can't get him out until turn 3 but that still seems a bit off, especially since you don't even need 3 mana.

>>44272291
Maybe I'm a bit rusty, but I thought you could only have one copy of a legendary or a planeswalker on the field at a time. Why do you need to have 4 if you can only ever use 1 at a time?
>>
>>44271822
>PLAYAN?
Mono-red aggro. So many cheap CMC cards, it does well for itself
>BUILDAN?
Nothing. This standard is too expensive. Sorta been tooling around with a RB Eldrazi deck
>Should Jace be banned?
Nah
>>
>>44299370
>Maybe I'm a bit rusty, but I thought you could only have one copy of a legendary or a planeswalker on the field at a time. Why do you need to have 4 if you can only ever use 1 at a time?
cause people kill him a lot cause he's a dick
>>
>>44299370
Some legendaries are worth a 4-of in a deck. I run 4 Li'l Zurgos because he's a pretty solid 1-drop and having a Call of the Full Moon T2 gets really crazy really fast
>>
>>44299521
*Tries to think it through* so... the transfromed card is what goes into the graveyard/exile then, I guess?

If there was a way to bring back prodigy from exile, you'd need more than 4. Would it be possible to have more than 4 of the planeswalker for transforming, or would that violate deck construction rules? I'm guessing that there's no limit since he wouldn't be in the actual deck/decklist, right?
>>
>>44281290
Incorrect, pleb.
>>
>>44299606
What the fuck are you talking about, it's a blink effect
>>
>>44299606
what

no he just like dies a lot so you want to play more so you'd want to have more than one so you can play him again and use his abilities

you can have 2 on the field if you really want, one creature side and one walker side but that's not really relevant. you just run 4 because he will die
>>
>>44299606
ohhh, i think the confusion might be that there is actually only one card. its a double faced card one side is the picture on the left and the other side is the picture on the right, there is no back of the card like there usually is (where they have the five mana colours and it says deckmaster"
>>
>>44299677
It's a dfc, it flips.
a dead flipped card still goes to the yard face up.
>>
>>44279489
How come there aren't women on this list?
>Inb4 "they aren't anyones"
Melissa del Tora, Jackie Lee, Samantha Rheinhart, + countless of others....
>>
>>44301574
Tbh there truly arent any woman pros aside from Gaby Spartz who is kinda new and Melissa, who won't play competitively for 4 years or so because she knows stuff from R+D.
>>
>>44301574
they don't ever win.

its on them to win to become truly popular, and not solely on the merit of "they are female"

I know that's a hard pill to swallow, but that's how it works.
>>
>>44303046
Who's Gaby Sparks?
>>
>>44303247
I think she won a super standard league or something like that and does kinda decently in other big tourneys. That, and her being friends with other pros/folks at CFB and streaming makes her kinda popular. At least at this time - I suspect she will fall into obscurity if she won't win something big again.
>>
>>44279489
the daddy, though I know him personally, so I'm biased.
>>
>>44303247
She won the Standard Super League without dropping a single game and then got to semifinals in the Finals.
>>
>>44303414
What's the story behind that nick?
>>
>>44301574
Didn't delTora cheat a whole bunch
>>
>>44304938
I never heard about it, do you have any source?
>>
>>44305072
found it. i don't know, playing two lands in a high staked competitive event under pressure could very well be just a honest mistake. hell, I did more stupid things at fnm, let alone at PT.
>>
>>44279489
For Value.
>>
>>44299677
Yeah, sorry. I didn't realize it was double-sided. I thought it was you had to have 4 copies of two different cards, my bad. I think I misunderstood when someone was talking about "1 Jace for each flipcard." I guess that's 1 of the double-sided for each of the checklist things you put in the actual deck, like with the Innistrad stuff.
>>
>>44305274
>That's a big spell
>For Value!
>>
>>44277390
>not playing it with superior vampire tribal when we go back to innistrad
>>
>playing
shitty sultai ramp with villainous wealth
>Building
Eldrazi Ramp. The new devoid land, 7 drop world breaker, and kozileks return are going to make it much more consistent vs aggro builds.
>should x be banned
no
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>44296561
Ayy
>>
I feel like BFZ block will be nearly skipped completely in standard

once khans rotates out it will be origins+innistrad

and so on and so forth

why did they make such a shit block?
>>
>>44309559
It's cute that you hold out such hope for Innistrad.
Almost as if it's going to be made by different people.
>>
>>44309598
They wanna make an innistrad that is completely forgettable
>>
>>44297206
It's pretty damn hard to stop, given that it had limitless creature removal. I think it's worth a try, but it needs answers for aristocrats.
Also, the dream is only really available if you have a clear board, otherwise, the sac trigger is still happening. I had hopes I could target the sac off of executioner, then sac the same target till leap, but that was a mistake.

It's still value.dec, but I feel it just needs a few improvements to get it there. Been playtesting all I can, and I think adding carrier thrall and blisterpods are good value.
Boardwipes aren't a problem, and chump sacking is pure extacy.
I love this deck, and I want to see it get there before the rotate occurs.
>>
>>44271822
I never played MTG before Magic Origins, my friend made me pay for a pre-release event and taught me the game and I ended up liking it. I got a promotional Jace.

Is this good?
>>
>>44309598
It is though...
>>
>>44279489
what about Travis "gassin' jews and playin' brews" Woo?
>>
File: Mountain343.jpg (25 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Mountain343.jpg
25 KB, 223x310
>>44296484
>>44296500
>>44296561
>>44309300
Mud basics or bust, teebeeaychfam
>>
Ok standard general before you go to sleep in 404, tell me about my new deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kiora-control-bfzorigins-stuff/
>>
>>44317285
this looks bad. have you tried it on modo yet?
>>
>>44317438
Nope. And why is bad other than the obvious fact its not top 8, has no fetchlands, and no jace for being blue?
>>
>>44317507
Well for one, you have no wincon outside of Kiora ult which probably wont happen.

You should check out this:
http://www.woobrews.com/standard-simic-solution/

Outside of landbase, the deck is VERY budget. Notice how he has a wincon (honored + stratus walk + becom immense or aven + become immenses, etc)

My suggestions is look for replacements for

Alchemists Vial - Too expensive for what it does, consider Clutch of Currents.

Faerie Miscreant are very iffy and rarely work out, consider Treasure Cruise or Dig.

You could keep Scythe Leopard, but to make it work out, you're going to need more than just Evolving Wilds.

Willbreaker is cute, and can be a wincon, this could work out depending on the match up.

Overall, consider how you are going to win the game and how you will stop opponents from winning their game. Not trying to be a dick, sorry if it comes across like that.
>>
>>44317708
Eh its whatever, it was my attempt at a cheap standard deck. My decks will suck to everyone anyways
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-12-15-4-color-control/

What do you guys think?
>>
>>44317801
It's not unplayable. Have you thought of throwing in Rattleclaw Mystics and using Sagu Mauler instead of Willbreaker? I'm pretty sure he's pennies at this point and that should utilize Kiora better.
>>
>>44317819
Where's Crackling Doom? SB?
>>
>>44317866
No thanks. I'll just give up. It was a stupid deck idea. I'll just go back to copying top 8 like everyone
>>
>>44317950
I'm trying to keep it to Dragons of tarkir, origins and battle for zendikar. I'm just getting back into it and know the new set comes out in a few weeks. I haven't bought this list yet but should be able to in a week or so. I haven't put a SB together for it yet but have a fair idea of what to use for one.
>>
>>44309559
funnily enough, BfZ has impacted modern more than Standard I think. Painful Truths is a damn good card
>>
>>44317993
Please mope more.
>>
>>44318140
I will faggot
>>
>>44313220
But is he really a pro?
>>
Judge?
>>
>>44309940
You know that they returned to beloved plane Zendikar with BFZ, right?
>>
>all those good 1-drops mono-red is going to lose when KTK and FRF rotate

Why does Wizards hate speed
>>
>>44271822
>playan
Basically Abzan midrange, but Gw
>building
Legacy Thresh
>should jace be banned
He's not too overpowered. Modern and legacy playable, sure, but even then he just eats bolts all day
He would be bannable as a 0/4. Then only Abrupt Decay would hit him in other formats, and only Chandras fury in standard
>>
>>44321882
it's just swiftspear. Zurgo is sticking around.
>>
>>44321882
Because they seem obsessed with dropping the power level of standard until games go from their current "omg 10 turn win" to "omg 20 turn win" because any quick game will make manchildren cry
Ktk was a godsend for Magic, so many brutal cards in there.
>>
>>44321965
Wild Slash too, but you're right, I looked through my deck and a couple 1-drops won't rotate

Still, gonna suck when Swiftspear is gone. That card put in work for me
>>
>>44318054
Thats one card played rarely in a few decks that people arent really sold on.
The only other stuff thats played in modern is the expeditions, and some retards play Newlamog
>>
>>44321997
Forgot about Wild Slash. Yeah that's kinda bad. Well, Mage Ring Bully and Abbot gonna have to pick up the slack.

Atarka Red will still be a thing, but yeah, slower for sure.
>>
>>44322060
>Atarka Red
I actually have a mono-red that I've been dicking around with for the last couple weeks, and it hasn't done too badly. Granted, my group isn't super-competitive so it'd probably get smoked at higher levels, but it's fun to play. Ire Shaman is a beast.
>>
>>44321882
People always say this, and yet Red is always played.
>>
>Red control will never be a thing again
>>
2 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
4 Den Protector
4 Deathmist Raptor
1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
4 Hangarback Walker
2 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
1 Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
1 Dragonmaster Outcast

2 Ultimate Price
3 Kolaghan's Command
2 Fiery Impulse
2 Murderous Cut

2 Roast
2 Painful Truths
4 Gather the Pack

4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Smoldering Marsh
2 Cinder Glade
4 Forest
3 Mountain
2 Swamp
3 Llanowar Wastes

I finished this a couple days ago before they spoiled Goblin Dark-Dwellers. That thing is gonna be a house in this deck once Khans/Fate rotates.

Please wizards print Farseek into standard that would be so awesome
>>
>>44323321
I dont think I like 2 tasigurs in this with 2 murderous cuts. I would drop one and go up a Pia? not sure.
>>
>>44323474
Gather the Pack really does a lot of work for this deck. I've never really had a problem casting them when I need to.
>>
>>44323510
Honestly, totally missed that lol.

I think I'm going to try that. I've been testing a similar~ish list I found on tappedout

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-12-15-jund-reanimator/

I really don't like evo leap at all, maybe gather pack would be a better option. Theres a couple other things I'm not crazy about with this list, namely the Sarkhans. Thoughts?
>>
>>44323612
I experimented with both Sarkhan and Ob but I didn't really like them. Sarkhan didn't do much and I always had trouble casting Ob. Double black is difficult for the deck and with the way things are looking for Oath it won't be getting any easier no BG battle dual :(

Early on I considered splashing either W or U but it meant having to play either siege rhino, crackling doom, anafenza (you might as be playing Abzan at that point) or Jace, neither of which seemed that appealing to me.
>>
>>44323757
When Ob sticks and you have Kolaghan in hand, or a decent board position, you just win. He really feels like a bad Liliana of the Veil, which is a very good thing lol.

Yeah, I would suggest taking out a couple(?) Llanowar Waste for Canopy Vista(s). I don't like a blue splash.
>>
>>44303046

I think the was only one woman playing in the magic world cup.

ONE from the 70 countries who assisted.
>>
When are we getting more spoilers?

I'd be fine with uncommons or even commons desu senpai
>>
>>44324016
INQUISITION OF KOZILEK SPOILER WHEN?
>>
>>44324062
2 stronk 4 standard. besides they gave us transgress the mind which is just as good :^)
>>
>>44277831
>running from isis
>implying isis isn't state sponsored
>implying they're not predominately fighting age men who should be resisting both the rebels and isis
>>
>>44324016
Those spoilers weren't intentional, they were just leaks.
>>
>>44271822
>Should Jace be banned?
doesn't this get asked practically every time he's in standard
>>
>>44324016
Spoilers start next week I believe. We should also be getting a christmas present on the 25th despite us being so naughty and peeking early.
>>
>>44323908

Liar.
I only saw manchildrens in every team.
>>
File: 1447266416580.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1447266416580.gif
166 KB, 500x281
>>44282429

>Playing a sealed swiss
>Get blown out by Ob Nixilus is two different matchups

Fuck mythics and fuck planeswalkers
>>
>>44324716

Welp, he wasnt lying anon. There was one woman in the world up.
>>
>>44324727
I'd argue that planeswalkers are even worse in limited than they are in standard because you're not even guaranteed to be able to answer them at all.

Honestly planeswalkers are cancer that never should have left development
>>
>>44325020

Source? Link? something?
There was no girl in the world cup liar, deal with it. MTG's mayority of pro players are just 20+ y/o manchildrens and Wizards.
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/2015wmc/invitationlist

Check the peruvian team. One of the is called Gabriela Ruiz
>>
File: cmd_expsym.jpg (11 KB, 200x215) Image search: [Google]
cmd_expsym.jpg
11 KB, 200x215
Was wondering if anyone could give me some tips in building an EDH deck. c:
>>
>>44326202
Go to the fucking EDH thread then
>>
>>44326233
Can you tell me where this thread is?
>>
>>44326345
It's in the catalog
>>
>>44324079
>no good cards will ever be printed ever again because "2 gud 4 standard"

>This rule does not apply to Mythic Rares because you need some sort of chase rare for faggots to open packs for

God fucking damn it
>>
File: Captura.png (758 KB, 670x418) Image search: [Google]
Captura.png
758 KB, 670x418
>>44326145

Only found this photo. Whos the girl from these guys?
>>
>>44326901

You cant be serious.

Or you are trolling or you are just a fucking virgin if thats the case...
Back to your shithola
>>
So how does /tg/ feel about 3.5 color decks (jeskai black, temur black, abzan red, etc.)?
>>
>>44329298
I feel they should keep with the naming scheme.
Dark Jeskai
Lush Mardu
Charred Sultai
Flooded Abzan
Light Temur
>>
>>44325056
>>44324727
youre just salty you didnt pull him.
planeswalkers are great. This game would be kind of shitty without them
>>
Why is Kozilek's Return a mythic? The new Chandra doesn't seem bad, just a high CMC. Nissa is pretty nice. How do you guys feel this set is going to be?
>>
Who here planning /GrixisEldraziMidrange/ if they print a few more good cards? I'm totally jamming Goblin Dark Dwellers in with K. Commands too.
And question, do you think Vestige of Emrakul might be an acceptable card after rotation? I was just looking at it today and it's really not too horrible but I'm just unsure what the optimal 4-drops in black/blue/red/colourless will be after rotation.
>>
>>44334166
The set will be shit because Wizards knows that the expeditions alone will sell the set, so the card quality of the actual cards will be just as low as Battle for Zendikar.

We'll hafta wait until Shadows over Innistrad for some decent cards, but with the power level of standard cards dropping, I have little faith.
>>
Sorry if this question was asked before. If you use a fetchland to grab a tangoland, would the tangoland enter untapped or tapped?
>>
>>44336587
The same rules apply, fetching it doesn't change anything that's written on the card.
>>
>>44336652
Thanks. Working on a potential 4 color deck and couldn't get any responses from judges
>>
>>44336716
>couldn't get any responses from judges
Probably because you were calling them 'tangolands' like a retard. Call them battlelands or cucklands.
>>
>>44331666
We didn't have Planeswalkers for a very long time in this game and it wasn't shitty without them. That said, I don't think they necessarily make the game any worse either.
>>
>>44337104
Hey now that's not very nice. I didn't refer to them as tangoland to the judges. I used actual names. I thought the consensus here was to call them tangolands but I guess standard players are all dumbshits
>>
>>44337658
You asked an extremely obvious question, so obvious that judges would not respond.

Standard players are not the dumbshits, you are.
>>
>>44337707
No, I'm pretty sure standard players are dumb just from looking at this thread and being at FNM. No wonder this game has gone to hell
>>
>>44317993
>receive thoughtful sincere advice
>hurr I guess I'll just an hero
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.