[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What purpose could head-wings fulfill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
What purpose could head-wings fulfill?
>>
+1 Str
>>
>>44266572
They attract angels. ...Which then proceed with their mating upon your face.

It's considered an 'honor'.
>>
>>44266572
They allow you to fly away to safety if you are ever decapitated.
>>
Vestigial features from ancient ancestors.

Like the tiny little limbs on snakes.
>>
>>44266577
Sounds about right
>>
I actually always thought of those as sensory organs. Feathers have a lot of surface area, and on wings that are not used for actual flight are very soft and responsive, which would theoretically would be great to feel even the tiniest changes in the air flow, or used for vestibulary coordination. Think cat whiskers x100.

Or maybe you could use them as magical conduits to focus more power into your spells. It's an extra pair of appendages too, so this works for spells that require somatic components (gestures) I guess.
>>
>>44266616
For some reason I can not stop laughing at this.

Just the image of OP pic's head saying "Oh no!" and the head flying out of sight.
>>
>>44266572
Some sort of mark of nobility. A mutation that only occurs in the smallest fraction of a population.
>>
File: vargouil.gif (41 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
vargouil.gif
41 KB, 300x360
>>44266572
>>
Imagine you have a long necked bird that makes transcontinental emigrations. It needs to glide for days on end. Stopping to eat and rest is not an option.

So the head needs wings to not become dead weight.
>>
>>44266572
Cooling. Slightly improved hearing. Sheltering your eyes from the sight of God.
>>
>>44266572
Style.
>>
File: Heads_Angels_Reynolds.jpg (120 KB, 553x654) Image search: [Google]
Heads_Angels_Reynolds.jpg
120 KB, 553x654
>>44266572
You can detatch your head and make it fly around as a scout or if you can't be bothered to walk your body around, as well as freaking non head wing people out.
>>
>>44266572
In xenoblade chronicles there was a whole race with headwings. You even get one of them in the party, though she only has smal wings being half human.
So it takes you a bit flat footed when one of them flies away. With the headwings.
There could be a lot of explanations for it given he nature of that setting but I have to say, it happened after something like 80 hours of gameplay without the slightest warning and I literally fell from my chair. Also because when she was taking a running jump my brother joked about her falying away. Turns out it was not a running jump.
>>
>>44266572
Maybe the species has a really weak neck, so they have wings to keep their heads upright.
>>
File: asterix expressions.jpg (85 KB, 691x702) Image search: [Google]
asterix expressions.jpg
85 KB, 691x702
>>44266572
Conveying mood.
>>
File: serveimage.png (841 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
841 KB, 1024x576
Ticking others into thinking your headwear is expressive

Being rightwise King of Space
>>
Flight, with none of the annoying bullshit of having back wings or arm wings. You could use tools and wear shirts.
>>
>>44266572
The same role that a peacock's tail fulfills.
>>
>>44266572
Covering your eyes in the presence of the divine.

So you don't dye from over exposure to the radiant glory of Pelor.
>>
File: RAF_Eurofighter_Typhoon_cockpit.jpg (752 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
RAF_Eurofighter_Typhoon_cockpit.jpg
752 KB, 2500x1667
>An aircraft designer may adopt the canard configuration to reduce the main wing loading, to better control the main wing airflow, or to increase the aircraft’s maneuverability, especially at high angles of attack or during a stall.
>>
Their meant to regulate internal magic, sort of like how the Dimetrodons sail supposedly regulated internal temperature, both absorbing ambient magic when the internal supply is too low and purging it when the supply is too high. This allows them to survive in areas that are like magic Chernobyl.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

1) Used for a complex sign language (or mixed vocal/sign language) involving wing signalling
2) The species has a head which separates from the body, like a penanggalan. The wings allow the head to move on its own.
3) The type of wings demonstrate a specific angelic lineage.
4) The delicate and sensitive head feathers pick up very fine vibrations in the air, giving the species an amazing sense of hearing.
5) The wings are used to distribute head, to cool and warm the head.
6) The head wings are a purely aesthetic choice made by the creator of this artificial species.
7) The wings connect to the larva of an angelic entity, which spends its youth incubating in the humanoid body before bursting free in a moment of glorious revelation once the wings are fully grown.
8) The wings are a type of parasite which induces religious visions in the host.
9) This species was made by transmuting different types of animals into body parts and fusion them together. Birds make the best heads for their acute eyesight and reactiveness.
>>
>>44266572
Status symbol. Like manes or crests.
>>
>>44268662
>5 should be 'heat'
>9 should be 'fusing'
10) The dreams of the species grow out from their heads as feathers. Ingesting a feather will let you experience the dream - the feathers are a popular drug.
11) The head wings collect and accumulate magical energy for use.
12) This species is a clay body which is animated by binding an otherworldy spirit into it. The head wings are an indication this one is animated by an angelic spirit.
13) Despite the size discrepancy, the head wings do allow flight
14) These servitors were produced as clerks for academics, and spontaneously produce usable quills from their head wings
15) The head wings are used for mating displays and to signal aggression
16) The head wings are used to shield their eyes from the harsh suns of their homeland
17) The head wings give a physical sense of morality, and will wither and rot in the presence of evil
18) The head wings are just the severed wings of birds sown to into the hair, and are used as an indicator of prestige as a hunter and falconer
19) The head wings manifest on inbred, stunted mutants of a true winged race
20) The hair of this species is actually a cluster of highly sensitive nerve tendrils, and the wings are a kind of secondary limb used to groom and protect these
>>
>>44266572
They aren't that different to antenae. Might be better alternarives to more insectoid ones at human size.

You could probably make up some mythos stuff where they act as a sensory organ for the magical macguffin.

Or they could just be a social evolution. Like butterfly "eyes".
>>
>>44266572
Sexual selection.
>>
>>44266572
Shows your an airhead
>>
File: 1399201038122.png (591 KB, 1910x535) Image search: [Google]
1399201038122.png
591 KB, 1910x535
>>44268662
>5) The wings are used to distribute head, to cool and warm the head.

Can they never be hotheads?
>>
It's like the membranes a frill-necked lizard, they flare their headwings to scare predators.
>>
>>44266577
I understood this reference.
>>
I would say you'd have a bonus to blowjobs.

But the wind doesn't blow. It sucks.
>>
>>44269031
>you will never get a combined blowjob and featherjob from a cute head-winged twink
>>
>>44266572
handlebars
>>
>>44266572
Those are antennas, not wings. For picking up sound.
>>
Semaphore
>>
>>44266572
It's cute?
>>
>>44266572
The head is actually a parasitic creature.

Upon death of the host, the creature detaches and flies away. However thanks to the fact that the creature takes over this humanoids life and all it in the end deludes itself that it is just a humanoid with wings on his heads and never detaches from the body as it dies.

Scholars have for generations studied this creature from afar as any reminder that it is nothing but a lowly parasite will make it forgo into it's feral state or worse, death.
>>
File: Bucket_Portrait.png (802 KB, 625x1087) Image search: [Google]
Bucket_Portrait.png
802 KB, 625x1087
>>44266994
>>
>>44266572
Uplifting your mind.
>>
>>44266572
Well, the Deaths Head is a flying head that devours the head of its victim, then attaches itself to the neck and animates the corpse by fell sorceries.

So theres that, I guess.
>>
Keeps you extra-balanced when riding a bike. Or a horse. Or other things.
>>
>>44266572
They're actually solar panels, soaking in the rays for heat and energy
>>
Surprised I haven't seen this yet.
>>
>>44271264
This is kinda cool.
>>
>>44266572
They fire beams.
>>
>>44266663
Having giant honking wings attached to your head and then using those to fly sounds like it would put a lot of strain on your neck.
>>
File: 1446374311097.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1446374311097.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>44271264
as a homosexual, this is awful.
>>
>>44266572
To show honor and attract Ray Romano
>>
>>44269009
I did not
>>
>>44266663
That actually make more sense then one might think. I remember reading once they were doing these gene experiments on house flys and they only changed one gene and instead of antennae the flys grew legs on their head. So buy the same logic then if the people in questions had the genes for wings (even if those genes were dormant) one small mutation could easily put little wings one their head. And sense I can't really see how it would hurt their fitness (in fact in a world with angels I would think it might help) it's entirely likely the trait would be passed down and spread.
>>
>>44266572
Same purpose shitposting fulfills.
>>
>>44266572
Besides what else was suggested: Vestigial, they could serve now as a way to attract mates. Either during their tribal days or perhaps even now.
>>
>>44275024
Headwings in Ragnarok Online add strength.

... Or was it the ears? I don't remember.
>>
>>44266926
You win sir
>>
>>44266572
>It's warm as fuck
>Have o use hand to fan myself
vs
>Use HEAD WINGS
Evolution = 0
Creationism = 1
>>
>>44266663
>Vestigial features from ancient ancestors.
Something something Xenoblade spoilers something something.
>>
>>44279243
Came here to say this.
>>
File: XHjWQoj.jpg (19 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
XHjWQoj.jpg
19 KB, 460x276
>>44266572
Fuckng wings on head fucking top kek boeing 747 head funny hat spinny bit kekekek headwings wut do if your body needs to fly jesus fuck evolution didn't think this one through why do we have headwings Tom my life is pain can't I have fucking helicopter on my back or some shit so I can make noises with my mouth like tthbthbthbthbthbthbthb Apache fuck that noise you know we took their land and then told non-whites to go home but eh that ain't none of my business sonny back to those fetching head wings I'd like to lick eheheheheheheh I'll be serious though Tom the purpose don't need to go any further than communication or body language or some shit back to you in the studio!
>>
>>44266572
When did these things start anyway? What was the first thing with head wings?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.