[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you kick a friend out of a group /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: 1447853860003.jpg (157 KB, 569x665) Image search: [Google]
1447853860003.jpg
157 KB, 569x665
How do you kick a friend out of a group /tg/?
>>
>>44265281
Well, I've had to do it a couple of times in my gaming career. The easiest way to do it is to schedule games without that individual knowing, and explain to everyone else why you don't want that individual coming. Don't be a dick about it, just say, "I feel like games would run smoother without so-and-so." If there's a reason, then your players will understand.
>>
>>44265281
You stop being friends and go back to being a lonely fuck.
>>
>>44265312
Go fuck yourself.
If you don't want somebody there just tell them you goddamn sperg. Lying and doing secret shit is just gonna stir drama dumbfuck.
>>
>>44265281
Have you tried talking with him, how he's being disruptive?
If no, do so.
If yes, tell him too much is too much.
>>
>>44265281
How do you kick weebs out of /tg/ for shitposting hypothetical bullshit just to post their whyfoo faggotry?
>>
>>44265281
If you're their friend, be honest with them as to why you are. Talk to them privately.
>>
Tell him what hes fucking up and if he doesnt straighten out his shit hes gone.
>>
>>44265281

Games are a strange little area to wrangle within with a close group of friends. If you are like most of us, the game is probably more of a cornerstone of your collective social lives than is really healthy, and excluding your friend can seem tantamount to kicking them out of your social circle. My best recommendation here is to do something else that you all enjoy (preferably where you can find yourself actually enjoying the problem player's company), thin out the importance of the campaign, and if you still find you need to remove that player, then you can at least do so with a clear conscience of the other things you can and will enjoy doing together.
>>
>>44265594

To continue with the worst case scenario, talk with them in private. Ask them to understand that your own enjoyment of the game is being compromised by what they are doing. You have to be careful to state the problem in as neutral of a way as possible and really make sure they understand what they are doing. From there, if they can agree to reform, that's that and you can wait and see. If they become hostile, then they are becoming hostile over a game, and that isn't healthy to your friendship. If you followed the step above, you should at least have more to stand on with that friendship than this single game.
>>
>>44265281
Hey man, we've discussed it as a group (or I've thought it over because I am the DM) and it's not working out with you playing. We can still be friends but I don't want to play PnP with you.
>>
>>44265345
>Exiled That Guy detected.

You feel bad about them playing without you?

Right, because telling someone that they're unwanted and that they lack the social grace to join in on a game is the right thing to do. Based on how quickly you flipped the switch to cursing and name calling, I'd imagine you would be the perfect person for this job. You're not confrontational at all.

There's no lying. There's no secrecy. There's no drama. If you want to play without Jerry, just don't invite Jerry next time.
>>
>>44265808
I don't even play /tg/ stuff, I just come here for wordbuilding.

Not being honest with your friends is going to bite you in the ass. The best solution is always to just talk things out you autist.
>>
>>44265866
>perfectly sound statements and advice.
>Followed by name calling.
Why do you do this?

From my personal experience, you can actually have multiple gaming groups and different campaigns. The optimal solution is to continue the initial campaign with your original group with that one friend excluded, and then maybe start a side thing with that other friend that is more suitable to his style.

You can try to tell someone, "Hey, you're doing this wrong" or "You're making things complicated at the table", but regardless of whether you talk to them or not, you're going to damage your friendship.
>>
>>44265312
this is a recipe for drama.

some friend you are.
>>
>>44265975
Tell your friend that they are being interuptive or that their play style is rubbing the rest of the group the wrong way.
>The result: Drama

Quietly continue the campaign without your friend knowing, and telling everyone your reasons for making the decision. And if word gets back to That Guy, then explain.
>The result: Postponed drama with one individual.
>>
Just think of it less of kicking them out of a group, and instead think of it as dividing it into two separate game groups; with one including the rest of your friends and the other one being a very special group made especially for that one guy.

And, sadly, because of scheduling restraints, you're going to have trouble setting up games with the latter.
>>
>>44265968
Nothing wrong with peppering an argument with insults.

I makes your argument easier to dismiss of your intent is to stir shit it helps.
>>
>>44266036
you see this is why you're a cunt. You take the easier option even though the person being kicked out will feel an order of magnitude shittier with it.
>>
File: spicy keychain.png (79 KB, 500x612) Image search: [Google]
spicy keychain.png
79 KB, 500x612
>>44265968
You're gonna damage your friendship more by excluding them without telling them, you shitslurping cunthuffing horsejerking fag-boy.
>>
>>44266036

> ways to get your car keyed.
>>
>>44266251
>>44266265
>>44266310
>>44266334

This seems like a discussion between people that have actually played in multiple groups and understand the dynamics of relationships in and out of game, and people that sit on /tg/ arguing about superfluous shit all day.
>>
File: dracula.jpg (12 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
dracula.jpg
12 KB, 199x253
>>44266364
Perhaps the same could be said of all internet arguments?
>>
File: smug anime face.jpg (119 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.jpg
119 KB, 777x656
>>44266364
>Gets blown the fuck out
>Makes a condescending sarcastic post to try and save face in an anonymous image board.

I feel really goddamn bad for the people who consider you a friend you cocksuckling dick-goblin nuggetfucking c︂︂u︂ckold
>>
>>44265281
Your out.
>>
>>44266408
>falls back on the old "he's posting to save face and cover his ass on a mongolian camelherder board" gag.
>A post that, in and of itself is also an attempt to make the other person look silly, and in turn save face on a mongolian camelherder board.
Let me guess, next you're going to tell me to kill myself?

The reality is, that in the event that you want to play D&D, it's best that you play with friends that are also competent. After years of weeding and careful selection, you should have a group that's made of players that work well together. You don't have to share this hobby with EVERYONE. And being polite, and not getting in people's faces to tell them they're doing the wrong thing is your best option.

You can't perceive friendship as this fragile thing, where even the most base of slights tears it to pieces. If they're really your friend, then you probably have other things to share besides D&D. And who knows, this passive means of biding your time may be just the thing to give them a hint. Self reflection could lead to them growing as a player, and down the road, you could invite them to play again.
>>
File: 1.jpg (44 KB, 675x463) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44 KB, 675x463
>>44266400
I agree with Drac
>>
>>44265975
Sorry to break it to you, but friends you can't talk troubles with because the buttpain will damage your relationship aren't friends at all, they are gaming buddies
>>
>>44265281

The answer to this depends entirely on how close you are to the friend, as well as how close they are to the rest of the group.

I've been gaming for just under 30 years now, and in that whole time I've only had to seriously kick out two people from my various groups. Lots of other people had to leave, or were asked to leave for various reasons. But only two were ever kicked out.

It's always a difficult thing to do when the person you need to get to leave is close. One time it basically ended a friendship.

So, be cautious, I guess. Try to anticipate how they'll react to it and plan your actions accordingly.
>>
>>44266497
Kill yourself fagwad. You're going to die alone if you keep acting like such a fucking autist retard.
>>
>>44266968
>One time it basically ended a friendship.
Alright, I'm curious.

I'm usually not a big fan of THAT GUY stories, but if someone was such a bad player that they ended a friendship, I need to know how bad of a player they were.
>>
>>44266497
>camelherder
You can't even meme right, you abortive shitgargling fuckfence.
>>
>>44266992
>>44267162
Dude, are you really mad? 'Cause I didn't mean it. It's okay. You win, or whatever. Just chill out.
>>
File: Pork faggots.png (494 KB, 2468x1249) Image search: [Google]
Pork faggots.png
494 KB, 2468x1249
>>44267191
Cuntbaloney
>>
>>44266659
this rhetoric
>>
>>44267017

Not so much that they were a bad player, per se. I mean, they were, of course. They were only in the campaign for a few months, though, and it was really other inter-personal issues that caused the problem.

The game just brought it to a head.

Before I go farther into the explanation though, I should mention that the player wasn't my friend, and was invited by another player. That's the friendship that ended.

Now, the player was basically your typical That Guy in a lot of ways. No social skills at all, couldn't take a joke, couldn't *understand* jokes, took everything personally, always had to butt into everything, always spoke up without caring who they were interrupting, couldn't read the mood, creeped out all the women, brought up dumb shit nobody else cared about all the time, couldn't stand losing, couldn't stand not being in charge, etc etc etc.

Add all this to the fact that they were about 5'4" and around 100 pounds, yet claimed they could kick the ass of everyone else in the game (over 20 PCs, 3 DMs, of which over half a dozen were well over 6' tall, and three of them are now police of military) and you can understand the sort of shit this guy caused. He also played a badly built assassin (2nd ed AD&D) and was very much a jack-of-all-trades in a game with over 20 focused builds. Yet he always put himself forward as the first to do almost literally anything, and never accepted that anyone else could contribute as much as him.

Now, introduction out of the way, interested in the specifics, or can you guess?
>>
>>44267421
I think I can paint the picture from there.
Some people are just... not good people.
>>
>>44267543

Yeah, that's pretty much the size of it. There were a number of incidents, and I could probably fluff the whole thing up into a That Guy story, but I ain't really the type.

In the end, it was just a simple matter of a person inserting themself into a situation they didn't fit into, and not being able to accept that any part of it was their own fault. They got angry, got asked to leave, and convinced themself it was their friend's fault. That, despite the fact that said friend never actually invited them, and they came on their own after hearing stories about how good the game way.

Sort of a depressing situation, overall.
>>
>>44265312
>Craven bullshit guaranteed to cause out of game drama
1st, ignore this Troll.

Now that we have covered what not to do...
Since you are a good GM, you have already had words with your player about what they need to correct to stay in the actual game. You have given them a clearly worded final warning. They have crossed the line again.
Have a person to person sit down with them and let them know why they cannot game with you anymore. If this is friendship wrecking, you weren't much friends in the first place.
If they want to come back after a suspension, that may work, but ultimately it's your call, not theirs.
Some people just can't mesh, and whether it is foul hygiene, inability to stay coherent (if not sober), or unending jokes about putting the jew in the oven, sometimes you gotta give someone the boot.

Don't be a coward about it, and don't back bite.
>>
Play them a song?
>>
File: Problem Player Wat Do.png (88 KB, 1557x563) Image search: [Google]
Problem Player Wat Do.png
88 KB, 1557x563
>>
>>44267162
Its less that he did a poor meme and more that he used the wrong animal, Mongolians would use Horses not camels.... Unless he was talking about cigarettes but that would be just too meta.
>>
>>44266364
Sounds like /3/
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.