[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you don't use a larva as a spell component or fiend making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: 12_09.jpg (80 KB, 602x507) Image search: [Google]
12_09.jpg
80 KB, 602x507
If you don't use a larva as a spell component or fiend making material, but instead keep it warm, safe and well fed, would it undergo metamorphosis?

What would it turn into? Nupperibo?
>>
>>44262703
A moth probably? You didn't specify on the kind, so assuming just any larvae will do, moths are the easiest to gather in large amounts.
>>
>>44262756
He means the D&D Larva. IIRC they're human souls that go to one of the hells and get turned into little gross worm things with people faces. Demons use them as currency and evil wizards can use them as spell components to make their magic more powerful.
>>
>>44262703

Oh, I remember this campaign, and Council of Thieves. Bizarrely, in both campaigns, you have the option of giving one of the villains - a COMPLETE fucking ASSHOLE - a new lease on life for...some reason.

Like, why would anyone ever want to do that? I'll point out that the villain is also completely unrepentant. I mean "Meh, fuck it." is a completely rational choice.
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/34338430/
>>
>>
>>44262703

Looks like he turns into Dave Grohl.
>>
>>44265316
Beat me to it
>>
>>44262785
Demons also use them as food.
>>
Nice timing OP, I was just rereading the fiendish codices and was wondering about the "precusor" fiends and their origins.
>>
>>44262703
Dont think they turn into anything, its a form theyre trapped in as a punishment it doesnt go anywhere.
>>
It's odd that the supposed default transformation for a damned soul in hell is a baatorian, a precursor fiend, while by default a soul in the abyss will turn into a taanari rather than an obyrith.
>>
File: larva 1.jpg (393 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
larva 1.jpg
393 KB, 1268x1695
>>
>>44262785
Everything can use them for food. They serve them in some of the restaurants in Sigil. So mortal humans sometime eat them.
>>44262785
Demons, Devil, Hags. Depending on the lower plane they exist in is what they turn into which is actually any number of things including unique made-up-shit in specific modules.
>>
File: larva 2.jpg (330 KB, 1261x1700) Image search: [Google]
larva 2.jpg
330 KB, 1261x1700
>>44266193
>>
File: manes.jpg (343 KB, 1266x1703) Image search: [Google]
manes.jpg
343 KB, 1266x1703
>>44266216
However, not all spirits turn into larvae

>>44266210
>They serve them in some of the restaurants in Sigil. So mortal humans sometime eat them.
The latter isn't necessarily true.
>>
>>44266210
Well, they are sinfully delicious.
>>
>>44262703
Why is Dave Grohl a worm?
>>
>>44266309
Fucking Christ Carlos!
>>
>>44266309
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
you're never going to capture a fucking anime girl larva and fit her throat around your cock and use her like a onahole you meme
>>
>>44266823
>You will never lovingly raise your larva till it reaches demonhood and becomes a succubus
>She will never reward you by turning you into assfat

But seriously, can't larva become demons?
Makes me think of pokemon or something where you raise/beat them until they evolve
>>
>>44266865
Larva can usually become demons by an actual demon taking the initiative to bring them up, and in pathfinder a large can raise up automatically by "feeding on enough abyssal filth".
>>
File: Np0QxX4.gif (273 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
Np0QxX4.gif
273 KB, 600x593
>>44266193
>Necromancer binds itself into a Worm That Walks made of larvae
>As they ascend and gain prestige through the ranks of the demon world, the Necromancer's spirit goes dormant until the time is right, and then dominates to become an all-encompassing overbeing ruling over the vastness of all evil
>>
>>44267075
And yes, I totally butchered the concept grammatically. I'm tired as fuck.
>>
Why is Dave Grohl a maggot?
>>
>>44266274
>>44266216
>>44266193

What's the CR on these things?
>>
>>44267749
If memory serves it'd be the equivalent of <1
>>
>>44266274
They changed these guys in 4E.
Rather then be dumb ans useless, they were just useless, and had an extremely high (relative) chance of spontaneously turning into a fully fledged demon Lord.
>>
>>44267913
>had an extremely high (relative) chance of spontaneously turning into a fully fledged demon Lord.
What?
>>
>>44262703
There's an in-universe theory that Nupperibo are actually the larval frms of the original inhabitants of Baator, from before Asmodeus and his followers were thrown there. Devils kill them off before they can metamorphose to their adult form because they really don't want the ancient Battroians back (the few we know to exist are all really nasty monsters).

As for the Larva, I believe it is possible, at least if the soul that got turned into a Larva is powerful and evil enough, for them to eventually become a higher ranking fiend. Fiendish hierarchy generally works by lower ranking ones "evolving" into bigger nastier forms if they can avoid getting killed long enough (which rarely happens).
>>
>>44268316
There was a tiny chance of a mane just sort of transforming into a demon Lord, which was far higher then the infinitesimally small chance of any other kind of demon.

Other demons would slaughter manes on sight to stop this from happening.
>>
>>44262703
I imagine they'd die off without a connection to their home plane.

>forgot if they were from baator or the abyss....
>>
>>44262703
if the larva survives long enough, it becomes a devil
>>
>>44269304
I thought they flat out could not physically leave the lower planes
>>
>>44269304

They're from the Gray wastes aren't they?
>>
File: gotmilk.png (2 MB, 735x980) Image search: [Google]
gotmilk.png
2 MB, 735x980
>>44265316
>>44265339
Beat me to.
>>
>>44266169
The implication is that the Abyss has actually shifted to tanar'ri dominance.

Hell has not shifted (not really) from Baatorian to Baatezu. Which is a secret that Asmodeus would really like to not get out.
>>
>>44262703
is that Dave Grohl?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.