[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Talking RPGs with friends >Been through a good few games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: rage.png (16 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
16 KB, 291x300
>Talking RPGs with friends
>Been through a good few games with these guys, but not anything old school
>Mention Tomb of Horrors
>"Yo, what's that?"
>Holy shit really?
>Get excited because I can finally run that shit and it'll be fresh and holy shit!
>Motherfucker googles it on his phone not 5 minutes later and spoils everything for everyone.

WHY WOULD YOU FUCKING DO THIS GREG?
>>
Make a new one using that as inspiration

That's my best suggestion even tho it's a lot of work
>>
If it means getting the attention of others for a few moments he would gladly kill his own mother.
>>
>>44256112
What, just like a gigantic 1e DnD deathtrap type of deal?
>>
>>44256352

Think meat grinder and you cant go wrong
>>
I've had a DM who had me and a group of other people run through the original Tomb.

We managed to accidentally skip a huge chunk of it by trying to teleport past a door.
>>
>>44256518
Didn't the original tomb kill you if you tried any kind of teleporation/telepathy/planar travel?
>>
>>44256680
No clue. If it did our DM read over that part or something.
>>
>>44256087
HATE THIS SHIT. I was thinking about a similar situation, earlier.
>Many years ago, I had a couple of published modules that I wanted to run.
>I kept the physical books inside the DM's guide while I ran, just in case something came up that I needed to look up.
>One of my players, who was a real THAT GUY
>Sits next to my chair and looks over the screen.
Grrr! I can remember his fucking voice right now... His tone...
>"What is the title of this module, anyway?"
>other players ask "module?" (They all knew I was pretty adamant on making my own at the time.)
>"Yeah, Anon's got a book..."
>The next week, when we played, I had to readjust where treasure and monsters were because this faggot knew where it all was. (Must have looked it up online.)

Kevin, there's a reason we all stopped playing with you, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>44256680
Yes. If I remember correctly, teleportation spells don't work and trying to create a portal of some kind has a very high likelihood of causing a small explosion that kills the caster. (It's been a while since I've run or read it, though.)
>>
>>44257103

>Gming pathfinder society
>2nd time gm nervously reading over everything
>At local shot shop owners grillfriend is a player but she was going to GM it
>Plsnometa.jpg
>literally tells the parth next room is ambush
>panic make next room similar to last and come up with shit on the fly
>she is vocally upset
>calls her bf over and tells him im devating from the scenario
>he says im not allowed to do that
>i explain the metagameing he agrees this is a problem
>Gf throws tantrum saying im ruining the scenario
>He caves and ends the game right there saying its over but we will be rewarded
>his leashholder argues i shouldn't get anything
>sobeit.jpg
>table is dumbfounded new guy just leaves never comea back everyone else says nothing because he can and has kicked out others for personal and petty reasons.
> i accept this as the only other shop is a 2 hour drive away

So this is the day i lost my dicebag i really should have just stood up for myself.
>>
File: conan is triggered.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
conan is triggered.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>44256087
I triggered one of my friends on purpose.

I was playing D&D with this guys through like 2-3 years in college. They start talking about Gary Gygax, and I say to them, completely straight-faced, "Who's Gary Gygax?"

>their face when
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.