[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadowrun General /srg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: fixer.png (1 MB, 681x904) Image search: [Google]
fixer.png
1 MB, 681x904
Connecting to Shadowlands BBS...
>Verifying Biometrics...
>Identity Verified...
>Opening /srg/...

Books:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

Chummer 5:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest
Issue tracker:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest

Last Thread >>44231009

Thread Topic: What's up, Rigger?
>>
Wakshaani confirmed via PM that the iDoll uses the character's skills for weapons when jumped in, and can wear armor and use it at full effectiveness (but it doesn't stack).

My quadriplegic rigger will happen now.
>>
>>44254499
There's like two in Hard Targets, so not really.
You could have answered this yourself by using Chummer.
>>
Is it finally possible to make my paraplegic street sam troll dream true?
>>
>>44254675
please no
>>
>>44254675
No. Quit it.
Maybe it is I haven't read much of Rigger 5.
>>
>>44254675
Only if you learn to spell.
>>
>>44254675
Just make an entire crew of scooter-bound fat bastard riggers and call them the Walmartyrs
>>
>>44254745
what did i mispell
>>
>>44254906
"misspell".
>>
>>44255191
you got me there
>>
So, uh.

What's your favorite new drone and vehicle, guys?
>>
>>44255999
the brilliant motorcycle that has holographic turn signals above its chainguns
>>
https://youtu.be/FrEdbKwivCI

this is how i evil decker
>>
>>44256024
Gotta agree, it'll be getting a lot of mileage with the centerpiece gang in my upcoming campaign intro.

Also partial to the humanoid drones. I'm tempted to have a robo-Brackhaus.
>>
>>44256381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3CKgkyc7Qo
This is how I good decker
>>
>>44256450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-qhj3sJ5qs

This is how I megacorp.
>>
MEANWHILE ON AMY VEERES'S TWITTER

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9q70zCJYBc #Shadowrun

Little Mac confirmed for back?
>>
>>44257796
I think from what I heard Little Mac left by her own accord, on account of some differences in how she and CGL thought the writing (Especially Jackpoint) should be handled. So she might not be going back to Shadowrun. I could be super wrong about both things though!
>>
>>44257848
Oh my I just skimmed your post and somehow didn't see the hashtag. I guess she might be coming back. Hopefully she'll save the technos.
>>
>>44257848
She could be going back to WoD, now that things between Onyx and Paradox have settled down.
>>
>>44257848
Friend of Amy/Little Mac. She left because she had a panic attack and ran out of a meeting at GenCon crying. I don't know whether she was fired, quit, encouraged to quit, or what, but JackPoint was never the real reason.

The supposed reason they parted ways is especially hilarious because in Chrome Flesh she got to make her waifu the mentor of her self-insert.
>>
Can I get a link or the PDF to the new gun additions?
>>
>>44257866
But the hashtag is Shadowrun. I missed it too on the first pass.
>>44257966
Ah. She gave a brief summary in the WoD thread when they got rid of her and I believe she said something about how CGL wanted to talk continually about setting elements that didn't really matter to the average PC and Mac wanted to take the opposite direction, but I only half-remember it and I guess she didn't say it was why she had to go either. Anyway, if she's back that's pretty good!
>>
>>44257966
kek, who's her waifu?
>>
>>44258072
Respec.
>>
>>44257966
Sounds like something I would do. I wonder how hard it is to get hired for that shitty job...
>>
>>44258455
Wait, no. Respec's the self-insert. I guess that makes Butch the waifu?

Still, good to see she wasn't entirely shitcanned.
>>44258510
Not particularly, depending on how low you're willing to go with your rates. Helps to have friends in the industry already to vouch for you.
>>
>>44258535
Maybe I'll actually make some of those 4e rewrites I wanted to do, use it as a portfolio. I'd do 5e stuff too, but I feel like it'd be in poor taste.
>>
>>44255999
The Morgan pickup truck for both. Cheap enough that it can be outfitted with a weapon mount, rigger interface, sensors and pilot program and still be cost-competitive with the large ground drones, while having the stats, condition monitor, modability, and seating of a vehicle.

A swarm of four is very affordable for a rigger/sam and gives the entire team significant mobility, protection, and firepower.
>>
>>44258072
Netcat.

She's cucked by Slamm-0. In before he dies in the next metaplot book.
>>
So... Maps for combat. Yes/no?
>>
>>44259152
>>>/pol/
>>
>>44259137
I wasn't a fan.
However, a player with a shitton of drones made me change my mind on that after they changed position every five seconds.
>>
>>44259137
>>44259441
I kinda wish I could do without, but between my inexperience with the system, high player count, desire to keep things congruent, and in general most of them are used to stuff like pathfinder... well... yeah.
>>
>>44259137
for shooting two dudes in a mister chows, no.
For an ares kill team in a warehouse with quite a it of line of sight and AoE, yes. in which case we've been using the 5 ft/2 m squares and DnD 3.5's map rules.

Any rules for maps that /srg/ uses?
>>
>>44259521
I typically just google shit like "Warehouse Floor Plan", and there's stuff on like leddit and even at the top that helps source more. The grid I make to be 1m squares.
>>
Guys, given the nueyn priority + about 200K (talking just purely money, assume decent stats otherwise)

what type of cyberware and vehicles would you invest in as a Vehicle rigger. How viable are drone riggers (more than one drone etc)?
>>
>>44255999
Drone: that stupid bipedal warmech that's basicly the stupid bipedal warmech from robocop
Car: The stupid one with the gatling gun attached to the fan belt?
>>
I've got a pile of questions on metatypes, metavariants, and SINs.

Does the DNA of the person change when goblinization and such hits, or is it fixed?

Is DNA enough to tell if someone is a certain metatype/variant?

What causes people to shift from baseline human to various metatypes/variants? I know some are determined at birth, but others happen later in life and still others seem to be triggered by outside events. Is there any common form to all this?

How often are (legit)SINs updated with biometric info? Does this change depending on if they're in their home country or abroad? How plausible is to for someone to come from another country, settle down, and then have a shit to a different metatype and have to impersonate their original one because the system still thinks they're baseline human?
>>
File: 1436388886215.jpg (466 KB, 620x807) Image search: [Google]
1436388886215.jpg
466 KB, 620x807
>>44259772
Goblinization's pretty rare nowadays, but it usually occurs at puberty if it's going to. As for getting caught, the first time your pre-gob SIN gets run anywhere more secure than a Stuffer Shack it's going to show up as the wrong metatype.
>>
>>44255999
Vehicle: The Revolution, because motherfucking monocycles.

Drone: The NoizQuito. Deploy a swarm of them, and paralyze whatever's fucking with you under a multi-sensory bombardment.
>>
>>44259887
Being born human to goblinoids is rare. Goblinising at puberty when you do is nearly certain.
>>
>>44259772
>>44259887
Specifically, I'm wondering if a Nartaki (human metavariant with blue skin and 4 arms) that changed after moving to Seattle and subsequently had his extra arms ripped off and a skin toner implanted would be seen as a normal human for SIN biometrics.
>>
>>44259772
- The DNA does not change after the goblinisation. You ALWAYS were an ork.
- Most likely.
- Nothing. The goblinisation and the SURGE are gone now, they were caused by mana level increase and the Galley comet passing.
- Don't know, up to GM.
>>
File: 1275563800768.jpg (311 KB, 584x600) Image search: [Google]
1275563800768.jpg
311 KB, 584x600
>>44260059
>>
>>44260059
They could appear human with some minor cosmetic surgery on the scars, and most fake SINs would have the wrong / missing DNA biometrics anyway.
>>
>>44259137
For a fully balanced combat encounter that has been prepared in advance? Yes
For when the party suddenly decides to murder some random guys? No
>>
File: 1446124107194.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1446124107194.gif
2 MB, 540x304
>>44260059
I'm having some uhh... difficulty grasping the method behind this madness.
>>
>>44260076
SURGE can still happen in high mana areas, but most places with people living in it aren't above a background count of 3 or so, at most.
>>
>>44259772
go with what the other guys said. #4 is a hard one to answer. I guess once the record was updated in the database, everyone would have it because matrix, but how would you go about updating yours? doctor visit?
>>44260059
story time?
>>
>>44260271
Born human, moved to Seattle with family in early childhood. Grew up. Changed in the 2061 SURGE. Human-first gangers saw a not-human freak and decided to smash and cut up his second pair of arms, leaving him for dead. He was saved by a street doc friend of his, who had to amputate his extra arms because of all the damage to them. He had his friend implant a skin toner so he could pass as his old self. I'm wondering if him using his birth SIN would cause problems with the biometrics, or if (as a metavariant instead of metatype) he'd show up as essentially the same and so be able to use his birth SIN.
>>
>>44260361
Goddamn. I am speechless.
>>
>>44260361
Oh, and the reason he didn't get his SIN updated legitimately there: His friend is, obviously, not actually a licensed doctor and as such could not and would not update his SIN. While he could go and update his SIN through normal channels, he was traumatized after the attack and figured that he was better off not listed as a metavariant (since that may let more human-first assholes track him down). Not logical, but paranoia generally isn't.
>>
>>44260361
That character better have a moderate addiction to morphine. Do you know how painful forceful amputations are? Keyword phantom pain.
>>
>>44260361
how long was he changed/did he have it updated?
Please tell me you are using these actual stats.

>>44260412
also, this.
>>
>>44260412
>>44260361
Also Insomnia (10 Karma). That shit is traumatising. That character will never stop having nightmares about that day.
>>
>>44260480
Fucking this.

If your backstory is traumatic build your character like it,
I don't want to go on a tangent but I'm so tired of seeing super sad or intricate backstories of tragedies and the character sheet has no indication of it.
>>
>>44260361
>>44260410

That's a complicated one. He'd probably be officially down as a Narataki that never changed from human to Narataki. Unusual, but not unheard of. That's asuming people pay enough attention to his SIN data to check his DNA and don't just go "Yep, it matches, you're good, senpai."
>>
>>44260365
>>44260412
>>44260441
He was changed for a few weeks when that happened, and hadn't gone to a proper doctor because he wasn't sure if it was temporary or what (conflicting reports and shit at the time). That was several years ago. He's gradually gotten more and more cybernetics implanted as he recovered, the most important being a pair of detachable cybernetic arms to replace the ones he lost. He can easily pass for a normal human unless he's got his arms in. He managed to kick his drug habit after getting something he can feel again. The whole mess has, predictably, fucked with his mind, and now he wholeheartedly believes that augmentation is the easiest path towards leaving the problems of the flesh behind, and the best way for him to become close to Shiva (he's a pretty devout if very unorthodox hindu).
>>
>>44260480
>>44260538
The augmentations, practice with deadening his emotions, and a lot of therapy has helped a lot. He still has horrible flashbacks sometimes when he takes crushing or slashing damage to his arms (particularly his cyberarms).

And thanks for the feedback on this, this is a character I'm still working on so this sort of shit helps a lot.
>>
>>44260618
Specifically, he's got Flashbacks I (blunt or slashing damage taken from hit to arms), Poor self control (must use and feel cyberlimbs at least once a day), and prejudiced against human supremacists. Might swap Flashbacks for Insomnia or add a mild addiction to NoPaint, not sure at this stage. The -25 karma limit is actually a factor here, and not in the minmaxing way.
>>
File: FN_F2000S.jpg (369 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
FN_F2000S.jpg
369 KB, 3072x1728
>>44261066
You can take as many negatives as you like, just stop getting karma at 25.
>>
>>44261066
I don't think anything says you can't take any more negatives, only that you don't get anything for them past the limit.

Admittedly there's no reason to do so unless you want a mechanical way of representing how fucked up his life is/has been, and you'd basically be gimping yourself and becoming something of a liability to the team.

But hey, most runner teams are basically liabilities given human form and told to commit crimes for money.
>>
>>44261066
The poor self control is a weak quality. You can just RP that without the quality. Arguably your GM will tell you that just having to stroke your own cyber doesn't qualify for that anyways.
>>
>>44261096
>>44261105
At least per page 71 of 5e, you can't have more than 25 in positive qualities or less than -25 in negative qualities at character creation.
>>
>>44261161
True. Swapping that for the NoPaint addiction and swapping Flashbacks for Insomnia is probably a better way to do it. Personal reactions to arm damage can be RPed as extreme overreaction and anger, instead of it being triggering (in the actual, proper use of the term instead of the bastardized form used these days).
>>
>>44261193
There's rules for morphine/heroine in the book under Bliss. Even says Bliss is an opium derivative.
>>
File: alpinemansion2.png (227 KB, 1024x584) Image search: [Google]
alpinemansion2.png
227 KB, 1024x584
>>44259521
Well I use floorplans found on google for warehouses and offices, blogs like Houses of the Rich helps when it comes to mansions. I copy them on paper and if it fits my purposes I draw it on a flipmat, but that's optional.
>>
>>44261223
My thought is that, as mentioned before, managed to kick his initial bliss addiction. Part of doing that was by substituting in NoPaint to get the same numbness. He personally doesn't see his ongoing NoPaint addiction as a problem, and his friend the doc doesn't realize he's using a single large dose every week or so instead of a few patches of it near the surgery points each day. Using a weaker drug that does a similar thing is part of some existing methods of treating severe addiction, so I figured having him recover from one only to get another made sense.
>>
>>44261169
Run Faster implies that you can take negative qualities that are normally SURGE-only if you don't receive the bonus karma they give. Since a lot of those are pretty crippling, I assume that the same should apply to regular negative qualities so long as you don't go over 25 bonus points.
>>
>>44261252
>homes of the rich
I just spent too long on this website, staring at the shit people spend millions on. Most of these houses look like total trash, I thought the moneyed elite was supposed to have culture and taste?
>>
>>44262016
The houses are ugly as sin but the floorplans are good.

I guess it's mere bad taste.
>>
>>44262016
lol
The Educated have culture and taste. Rich doesn't necessarily equate to educated.
>>
>>44262026
Honestly I think the houses looking awful helps the cyberpunk aesthetic. Just waste for waste's own sake, and all that.
>>
>>44262035
Well, think of it that way: in my game, the owner of that mansion has been kidnapped. He had it coming for having such a bad taste.
>>
>>44262029
Go home Bourdieu.
>>
>>44262076
Idk what he wrote
>>
>>44262177
Cultural capital is decorrelated from money by large at a society level, amond other things.
>>
>>44261252
There's a difference between old money and new money. Old money generally know to keep their heads down. You could find old money shopping at a Walmart. New money tends to be extravagant and pisses their funds away. Old money whispers, new money shotguns champagne out of a crystal boot while standing atop a ferrari.
>>
I hear Rigger 5 just came out.
Anyone have it?
>>
>>44262351

It's in the pastebin
>>
>>44262351
>>44262357
Sorry, what I meant to ask is; how shit is it?
I've come to expect a certain standard from 5e.
>>
>>44262380
Actually really good, honestly. Drone mods are limited but that's my only complaint.
>>
>>44262423
Well, that's surprising.
More Lifepath stuff too? I enjoyed that.
>>
>>44256381
pfff...google BOfH if you want the epitome of evil.
>>
>>44262486
Something like 6 new modules, yeah
>>
Would you Run for a Cyberzombie Johnson?

>You help Ed save friend.
>This Ben. Ben Ed friend. He make Ed feel normal.
>Bad men take Ben. Bad men make Ed Mad.
>This Bad Man who Have Ben. Ed try to save Ben. but Ed not want to get Mad around him.
>When Ed get Mad. Ed forget about being normal.
>>
>>44262624
Most of my characters would probably shit themselves from the realization that cyberzombies aren't just an urban myth.
>>
>>44262624
At first sight, I'd say "probably", but it might change depending on what we can discover about Ben and/or his captor(s).
>>
>>44262380
It has a relatively low pagecount, but I get the feeling there's more actual crunch and content in this book than the others (except maybe Run&Gun or Street Grimoire). Riggers really needed a whole lot of shit, and they got it.
>>
So what's this I heard from a chummer about, and I'm qutoing him here, "magical lightsabers" in Had Targets?
>>
>>44262841
This is good. Riggers were nearly unplayable before.
>>
>>44262980
The Spellblade spell.

Can be useful, depending on what kind of mage you play.
>>
>>44262980
"meh" to some, "completely broken" to others. I think it has to do with the rules for Manablade specifically but I'm on the "meh" side so I never looked into it.
>>
>>44263035
It's a melee weapon that entirely ignores armor and is only resisted by Willpower, if I remember right. Definitely OP in the right hands.
>>
File: 907182-cps_solomongrundy_06_007.jpg (164 KB, 832x960) Image search: [Google]
907182-cps_solomongrundy_06_007.jpg
164 KB, 832x960
>>44262624
>Would you Run for a Cyberzombie Johnson?
Sure. What's the worse that could happen?
>>
>>44263011
Sounds like a pretty good setup for a Mystic Adept type of guy.
>>44263049
That seems.....yeah.
Man, magic really IS King in 5e, huh?
>>
>>44263109
>Man, magic really IS King in 5e, huh?
Not really.
>>
>>44263109
It really shines when you have to take out one single opponent quickly.
>>
>>44263125
That's true of most melee attacks I find (just too risk in my opinion to engage more then one person close up), but I could see that definitely applying with a Sustained melee weapon that ignores armor entirely.

Plus, it looks cool I'm guessing.
Or wait, does it? Powerbolts and Manabolts are invisible to the naked eye originally and from what >>44263049 and >>44263035 said it's basically a hand-held version of those....
>>
>>44263172
That's exactly what it is.
>>
>>44263123
I heard cyber ware prices were ridiculous now without actually boosting what they did? That seems like a bit of an unbalancing factor in magic's favor.
>>
/srg/ GMs, I need your help.

I'm GMing for the first time in a couple months, and I'm starting to plan out now. Group of four, only one person has confirmed what they'll be (street sam, naturally, was the first to respond), so I'm planning for a general group that covers all three points.

I can figure out later runs, but I have no idea how the hell to start a campaign. We already agreed we'll kick off with Food Fight from 4e, but I'm not really sure how to tie that into another run, I guess.

Guess the question is, how the hell do we get started?
>>
>>44254560
Can someone PLEASE upload an actual version of Rigger 5? I'm tired of seeing the shitty animu girl some hack slapped on the cover.
>>
>>44263306
>some hack

I hope you don't like using Chummer, because if you do, I've got bad news about the "hack" you're talking about...
>>
So Yekka, when can we hope to get Rigger5 imblemendeddd into Chummer at the earliest ? my Players are already nagging that they want certain vehicles and so far I'm not sure how to handle it.
Any way I can help getting it implemented faster?
>>
>>44263306
wait, is this the same guy who also did the Hard Targets pdf copy with the animu grill on the second to last page? Same source?
>>
File: 1450204674810.jpg (12 KB, 212x237) Image search: [Google]
1450204674810.jpg
12 KB, 212x237
>>44263306
>>
>>44263306
The real cover is shit so you are not closing out on anything.
>>
>>44263405
Was about to ask the same. But i think it will most likely take them quite a bit of time to implement but they always come thru.
>>
Can someone explain why the rigger cocoon is a power train modification?
>>
>>44263758
Probably because it alters the vehicle's controls.
>>
>>44263817
I thought the cocoon was just to keep the meat body safe and the rigging was done with… rigging.
>>
What skill do you use for improvised weapons?
Would Unarmed make sense? Do you have to default to it?
Can you take Improvised as a specialization?
>>
>>44263318
What does animu anon have to do with Chummer?
>>
File: Implied Cyberpunk Facepalm.jpg (376 KB, 825x1100) Image search: [Google]
Implied Cyberpunk Facepalm.jpg
376 KB, 825x1100
>>44263306
>complaining about pirated stuff
>>
>>44263985
Yekka's the one who uploaded animu-Rigger 5.

The same Yekka who does Chummer.
>>
sup /tg/. Me and my friends are about to try Shadowrun 5e. This is all of our first times with Shadowrun. I'm going to be running it. One of my friends wants to be a Technomancer, but I've heard they're really underpowered. I was thinking a fix for this would be to downshift the priority requirements for Resonance by one (so that, if you want 6 Resonance, it would be priority B). Is this a good fix?
>>
>>44264064

Not really, no. The problems with Technomancers are systemic; they're not the kind of thing that can be fixed by making it cheaper to be a Technomancer / giving Technomancers bigger numbers.

All that fix'll really do is take their defining gimmick and say "Yeah but that's not REALLY what you're good at, it's more of a side thing."
>>
>>44264079
>The problems with Technomancers are systemic; they're not the kind of thing that can be fixed by making it cheaper to be a Technomancer / giving Technomancers bigger numbers.

What do you mean? Wouldn't that make it easier to be a Technomancer and still do stuff?
>>
>>44264088
>Wouldn't that make it easier to be a Technomancer and still do stuff?

Yes. It'd be easier to be a Technomancer... and do a bunch of other, non-Technomancer stuff.

"Here's your shitty gimmick at a discount" doesn't make the gimmick less shitty.
>>
>>44264104
>"Here's your shitty gimmick at a discount" doesn't make the gimmick less shitty.

And what would?
>>
>>44264106
Fundamental redesign of the entire archetype.
>>
>>44264106

Actually fixing the problem? You'd have to rewrite how Technomancers approach the Matrix, reduce the overwhelming utility of Sprites, and a bunch of other stuff before Technomancers actually lived up to their supposed role ("deckers but WEIRD") as opposed to their actual one ("sprite-summoner and chronic masturbator").
>>
My friends and I just started getting into Board Games and I wanted to get into the Shadowrun video games, is the tabletop game a good multiplayer game to get for Christmas? Is it similar to D&D?
>>
File: Weeaboo Cover v5.0.jpg (131 KB, 500x642) Image search: [Google]
Weeaboo Cover v5.0.jpg
131 KB, 500x642
>>44263985
>>44263412
In my defense, it's funny. If your tits are in that much of a twist about it you can switch it out for whatever other art you want with a PDF editor and a bit of time.
>>44263405
I'm currently a little bit distracted with making the auto-updater work again, so probably not for a few days. Since Rigger 5.0 looks like it's mostly just data content for once, you could pretty easily just copy a standard vehicle or weapon or mod and input the necessary bits into a custom_vehicles.xml file. Just
http://www.chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/vehicles-xml.ashx
>>
>>44264131
It's similar to DnD in the sense that you roll up characters and RP and there's a Game Master.
The rules are very different.

>Is it a good game
Shit chummer, you come to a local club and ask if their club thing is cool. What answer do you expect me to give you?
>>
>>44264178
Lol, I figured it would be pretty good. Also, is there any other board game out or is it just Crossfire? If there is any other which is the best to start with?
>>
WHOA IS RIGGER BOOK OUT?! !?

JESUS CHRIST!?
>>
File: 1283554198111.jpg (16 KB, 469x320) Image search: [Google]
1283554198111.jpg
16 KB, 469x320
>>44264215
>>
>>44264236

WHERE IS THE LINK!? I HAVE BEEN WAITINGF MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE. Is rigging actually.. FUN!?
>>
>>44264305
pastebin in the OP
>>
>>44264305
Let's say you now have a lot of nice toys to play with.

Personal opinion, but it grabbed the "most essential book after core" spot just fine.
>>
File: 3859108-l.jpg (161 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
3859108-l.jpg
161 KB, 1024x1280
>>44264064
Many people will tell you that adepts and technomancers are underpowered but that's really only true in powergaming groups.

If everyone doesn't min/max too hard they're perfectly fine.
They only really start to underperform in high power games when sammies and deckers are able to seriously gear up.

The issue with these two archetypes is that they weren't really thought through and thus their introductions were quite sloppy. To actually make them work you'd have to overhaul the whole mechanics they use.

But like I said, in normal gameplay it's rarely an issue.
It's mostly just powergamer fearmongering.
>>
>>44264383
>Many people will tell you that adepts are underpowered

Is this guy serious?
>>
>>44264403
Ignore the shitposting, don't answer to bait.
>>
>>44264403
Once sammies have a load of cash they leave adepts in the dust.

Adepts rely on karma to advance but sammies profit from both karma AND cash.

Adept power level starts out higher but they have less potential upwards while sammies advance at a steady pace.

But like I said it's really only relevant in high power groups.
>>
File: Troll Face.jpg (504 KB, 850x907) Image search: [Google]
Troll Face.jpg
504 KB, 850x907
>>44264412
>I don't understand, therefore it must be bait
>>
>>44264579
>le master trolle

Please, go on about how adepts are underpowered.
>>
>>44264757
Not him, but the idea that they're overpowered is seriously overblown in these threads. It's always struck me as knee-jerk overreaction to street samurai getting nerfed.
>>
>>44264173
>you could pretty easily just copy a standard vehicle or weapon or mod and input the necessary bits into a custom_vehicles.xml file. >Just http://www.chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/vehicles-xml.ashx
Thanks, will try.
>>
>>44264757
How about you actually read, dipshit, instead of shitposting.
I clearly said it only applies while powergaming.

Adepts got a slight buff and sammies got a slight nerf but that doesn't change the fact that the adepts are badly implemented. The power curve problem still persists.

HOWEVER like I already said a couple times, if you don't powergame you won't feel any of it.

My whole point was to explain how these problems people keep reading about online aren't actually relevant to most groups.
If you were more concerned about reading comprehension than meme-posting you would have understood this.
>>
>>44265290
>chances that this is a completely different person swooping in an hour later to try for replies: reasonable
>>
>>44265290
Sure thing, kiddo, sure thing. Stay retarded, stay mad and come back when you've actually played the game.
>>
File: 1333550821473-267x300.jpg (37 KB, 267x300) Image search: [Google]
1333550821473-267x300.jpg
37 KB, 267x300
>>44263412
NFA detected.

You're starting to sound like this anon. And you do realize you're on a weeb imageboard owned by a guy from moonrune land, right?
>>
>>44264811
be that as it may, there's always the duality that essence is finite; karma isn't.

And that's still not getting into the territory of adepts being able to take some cyber-/bioware without too much consequences and getting the best of both worlds while a mundane cannot acquire magical skills.
>>
>>44260361
Slight lore problem there.

The event that triggered the Nartaki happened specifically in the Ganges River during a Mana Pulse. While the first event coincided with the 2061 SURGE, there have been further Mana Pulses in the Ganges that have created more Nartaki since.

You'd have to have fled India after changing is all.
>>
>>44265595
>The event that triggered the Nartaki happened specifically in the Ganges River during a Mana Pulse
And where is it mentioned that the first and so forth are from that? All I can see is the entry in RF, which just talks about the recent mana pulse in the Ganges.
>>
>>44265588
Karma's only theoretically infinite. It's perfectly within a GM's ability to either keep things below 100 Karma for long enough to finish the campaign, or hand out high-grade 'Ware and such in order to try and balance things. But I don't think Shadowrun is built for years-long games in the first place.
>>
>>44265456
>kiddo
Exclusively the purview of the immature.
>>
>>44265630
4e runner companion.

Sometimes you need to review the past to understand the the present.
>>
>>44265702
Thanks, I'm still new to SR and thus not familiar with the older sourcebooks.
>>
>>44262992
In all honesty, 5e seems like it's in shambles in all but the most basic combat functions (even that's a stretch). It's really unfortunate imagining what this game could be, and seeing what Catalyst is doing to it.
>>
gentlmen
How does one go about making the most effective summoner
I wanna go all final fantasy at this bitch
its a 1100 karma game so go all out
>>
>>44265688
Because shitposting is oh so mature, huh?
>>
>>44265631
Yeah, but that's entering 'GM fixes' territory. Nothing wrong with that, mind, but those only hide problems, they don't solve them.
>>
>>44265856
You're both wrong.Cyberadepts are king in the long run.
>>
>>44265755
There's lots of little tidbits that expand on the universe in the older volumes. It seems like 5th leaves a lot of that stuff out or copies the text from previous books over for a lot of the lore bits.

For example, Shadows or Asia is a 3E sourcebook that has a about 20-30 pages on India, eastern politics and religion in the 6th world with an in universe time of around 2064, and hasn't really been touched on since. With the exception of a few excerpts here and there.
>>
>>44266108
Why is catalyst so unwilling to put anything but the minimum effort into Shadowrun?
>>
>>44266152
Sadly enough, you hit it on the head- it's Catalyst. I know the freelancers want to go into a lot more of the world and into making it actually good (Wakshaani is hype as fuck about the new AI book, for one), but Catalyst doesn't necessarily let them publish what they want to, only what Catalyst wants them to.
>>
>>44266152
Minimum effort is minim expenditures; their company is in shaky financial straight as after the whole fiasco with their CEO and a lot of freelancers they pay to write or do art for their games or play test rules or develop them won't work for them after being screwed out of their pay.
>>
How do you deal with a wildly unprofessional running mate? The GM is against inter-player conflict.
>>
>>44266198
In-character they are wildly unprofessional, or as a player?
>>
>>44266198
Call him out on it after a run goes south IC.
>>
>>44266177
So that's why so many of their releases seem like unorganized, unedited, minimum-effort cash-grabs.
>>
>>44266198
Define unprofessional.
>>
>>44266198
Anticipate their actions head of time and incorporate them into your plans.
Violent idiot is loud and dangerous? Have him be the distraction and takes all the bullets and fire while you get the real work done.
Social issues guy who ruins negotiations? Have him guard the van outside during the meetup to feel useful while you endure you get paid.

People have been using stupid people to get things done since the dawn of human history, it just takes a little bit more effort to get things rolling.

How is he unprofessional may I ask?
>>
>>44266227
Yep. Wakshaani says he has another half dozen books he's going to try and get out over the course of 2016 that are primarily setting books, not including 10 AIs.

Reading between the lines of Nami and Wakshaani's various posts, there's a lot of setting information that hits the cutting room floor without a very good reason. Plus, word count; the more they write about the setting, the less they can write about game mechanics. Dunno if you browse /r/shadowrun at all, but Nami and Wak both mentioned they were way over their allotment for Rigger 5, Wak by close to 50%. Should give you an idea of how much stuff isn't actually showing up that could be good.
>>
>>44266228
>>44266243

He blares porn in the living room, barges into unsecured areas, and has adopted a criminal AI - which he is keeping in our house despite the expressed wishes of the rest of our group. It's our first run - and we're only in the legwork phase, but I wouldn't trust him in action as far as I could throw him.
>>
>>44266291
Unprofessional?

He's better than half my crew.
>>
>>44266291
>He blares porn in the living room
This is unpleasant, but tolerable.
He could be a raving bloodthirsty whacko instead.
>barges into unsecured areas
Insist he don't and make sure he doesn't, the group will understand.
And in some cases let him do it and let him take the first bullets.>>44266291
>has adopted a criminal AI - which he is keeping in our house despite the expressed wishes of the rest of our group

Talk to the GM about this one.
He says no inter-party conflict but is allowing this one player to deliberately create it seeing as everyone else disagrees and he does it anyway.
Not sure why the fuck he'd adopt an AI though.
>>
>>44266307
I guess the better question is how to deal with runners you don't trust then. Suck it up and deal with it until the drek hits the fan because he wasn't thinking?
>>
>>44266380
He is a bloodthirsty whacko. Instead of draining a bum or drug addict like a normal vampire, he came back one night nearly dead from a gunshot because he tried to take a bite out of a cute elf. He also loots his victims, not paying attention to the fact their gear is likely to be tracked.
>>
>>44266415
>like a normal vampire

HOLD THE FUCK UP, he's a vampire?
>>
>>44266267
Rigger 5 should have been roughly 50%-100% larger than it is currently. One of the biggest issues is that catalyst isn't even trying to make this edition cohesive. They have mountains of previous content that is either contradicted/replaced by later releases, or is incomplete/terrible.

>>44266291
Sounds like he is Pink Mohawk, and the rest your group is Mirrorshades. Maybe your group should discuss what exactly you want out of this campaign.

>>44266384
Well, the default Shadowrun response is a bullet to the head.
>>
>>44266415
>Vampire

Kill it with fire and burn the body.
>>
>>44266424
You betcha chummer. He's threatened us (jokingly) multiple times. We've started sleeping in shifts.
>>
>>44266433
Ask your GM to reconsider his/her position on inter-player conflict.
>>
>>44266433
He threatened you.
A vampire threatened you.

Next time you run, take him for a drive. Go through the Barrens, maybe. Find a nice, open place. Stop the car. Shoot him as many times as it takes. Dump the body. Burn the body. Use... Fuck, wood works in SR, right? Stab him through the chest with a stake. Burn him again. Bury him.

The open place is so even if he somehow survives, the UV kills him again.
>>
>>44266477
I think that qualifies as inter-party conflict omae. I also don't want to get a reputation for ganking fellow runners.
>>
File: ass2ass.gif (453 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
ass2ass.gif
453 KB, 499x281
Are drugs worth it? should you just say no? should I pick up the drug tolerant quality if I want to really abuse kamikaze? Are drugs considered cool? Do they have lasting affects like sterility or cancer?
Whats the worst thing you'd do for the chems?
Also what is your favorite drugs? Where do you get them from? can you make them yourself?
Is it considered wrong to shoot up some jazz in view of the cops? Can they tell that you're flying from a distance?
Can drugs affect your aura or your perception of the matrix? Can you hear silent alarms? Are the voices right when they tell me that there are ninjas in the walls?
>>
>>44266415
Oh. Okay, yeah, you REALLY need to talk to your GM.
It sounds like he's That Guy, and you don't find a sneaky in-game way to get around That Guy; you either kick him out or talk to him or your GM in real life.
>>
>>44266507
Omae, we are talking about ganking a vampire runner who has threatened you as well as your other fellow runners. Shoot him until he stops breathing.
>>
>>44266507
You're not ganking a runner, you're ganking a vampire. Even calling them a metahuman is a stretch.

He invited it upon himself.
>>
>>44266545
Then shoot him some more, and set him on fire.
>>
>>44266574
And stake him.
>>
>>44266528
So much questions, omae.

>Are drugs worth it?
They can give you a quick boost when needed, for a price if you overdo it.

>should you just say no?
You won't suffer from keeping your nose clean.

>should I pick up the drug tolerant quality if I want to really abuse kamikaze?
Get a Nephretic Screen instead.

>Are drugs considered cool?
Not really.

>Do they have lasting affects like sterility or cancer?
You'll die of overdose/burning out long before that gets a problem.

>Whats the worst thing you'd do for the chems?
Omae...

>Also what is your favorite drugs?
A dose of Kamikaze, for when shit really hits the fan.

>Where do you get them from?
A street vendor, it's really easy to find.

>can you make them yourself?
I cannot. You might.

>Is it considered wrong to shoot up some jazz in view of the cops?
Unless you can come up with a valid excuse as to why you're hitting the Jazz, yes.

>Can they tell that you're flying from a distance?
Yes.

>Can drugs affect your aura?
Awakened ones can.

>or your perception of the matrix?
Yes.

>Can you hear silent alarms?
Don't think so.

>Are the voices right when they tell me that there are ninjas in the walls?
HTR could be ninjas...
>>
>>44266612
And then set the remains on fire. Then add wood pulp and more fire.
>>
>>44266528
>Are drugs worth it? should you just say no?
Depends on what you want, but a high Stamina high Willpower character can get mileage out of them?
>should I pick up the drug tolerant quality if I want to really abuse kamikaze?
Kamikaze's gonna be hard on you no matter what omae, might as well reduce it as much as possible.
>Are drugs considered cool?
By some people.
>Do they have lasting affects like sterility or cancer?
Depends on the drug.
Also, addiction is always a risk.
>Whats the worst thing you'd do for the
chems?
Nothing, really.
I'm high on MAGIC!
>Also what is your favorite drugs?
I love giving Kamikaze and K-10 to random mooks on occasion when GMing to watch them flip out and become dangerous but short-lived threats to players, it's pretty funny.
>Where do you get them from?
Dealers?
>can you make them yourself?
Yes.
>Is it considered wrong to shoot up some jazz in view of the cops?
I think most drugs in the Sixth World are legal, it's just what people do ON the drugs or FOR the drugs that are illegal.
>Can they tell that you're flying from a distance?
Smart or observant or experienced ones.
>Can drugs affect your aura or your perception of the matrix?
Some are designed to do that.
>Can you hear silent alarms?
Nope.
>Are the voices right when they tell me that there are ninjas in the walls?
Probably not, but you never know.
The shadows can get pretty weird.
>>
File: colt-gov-2066-1.jpg (239 KB, 1024x545) Image search: [Google]
colt-gov-2066-1.jpg
239 KB, 1024x545
>>44266477
>Shoot him as many times as it takes.
Remember to called shot vitals so the piece of shit can't regenerate.
>>
>>44266540
>>44266545
>>44266562
>>44266574
>>44266612
>>44266637
>>44266644

It's an online game, and my first. I don't want to risk it breaking up. I've discovered that Shadowrun is a really fun game, and I'd hate to lose it. I will certainly talk to the GM. I just don't think he'll be receptive. I asked him to look into the AI character as well, and I don't think he did.
>>
>>44266612
You don't actually need to stake him. Stakes don't do anything, the wood does.
That's why they have wood pulp bullets.
>>
>>44266637
then stick that into a punching bag and give it to a troll. Don't set the troll on fire though, that would be rather silly.
>>
>>44266665
Fuck's sake. /srg/, we got a game with a slot open for a chummer in need?

Look, man. From what you're describing, there is no way this will end without a character dying. It can either be his, or it can be half your crew. You're dealing with serious shit when vampires get involved.
>>
>>44266665
No.

This is ruining the game for you. Get something done about it. No game is better than a shit game. And That Guy is ruining it.
>>
>>44266668
Stakes are traditional.
>>
>>44266695
When Sisko commands, you obey.
He punches 4th dimensional beings in the nose and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>44266715
To me he is the way to do Pink Mowhawk right. Shit's crazy as hell but you keep your cool and don't join the madness.

Then you punch 4D beings in the nose and KO the thing in ONE PUNCH.
>>
>>44266665
Kick 'im inna fruit!
>>
>>44266693
>>44266695

My skype is primezenith. I've tried to keep details out because I'm not sure if the player in question browses, but whatever.

>>44266695
>>44266715

Forgive me, Sisko. I am weak, and like fun. It's not too unbearable yet. I'll talk to the GM as soon as humanely possible.
>>
File: Q DS9.jpg (37 KB, 475x364) Image search: [Google]
Q DS9.jpg
37 KB, 475x364
>>44266715
>>44266745
>You hit ME? Picard never hit me...
>>
>>44266745
keep in mind in SR Sisko prolly wouldn't be a metahuman. which adds an extra veneer of badass to him.
>>
File: inthepalemoonlight263.jpg (74 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
inthepalemoonlight263.jpg
74 KB, 694x530
>>44266780
It's cool. Have a drink on me.

I'll get in contact when I can. I might be Sisko in attitude, but I'm Picard in cunning.
>>
File: Joseph-oh-my-god.jpg (27 KB, 370x200) Image search: [Google]
Joseph-oh-my-god.jpg
27 KB, 370x200
>>44266853
>I'll get in contact when I can. I might be Sisko in attitude, but I'm Picard in cunning.
>>
>>44266799
Can we just say Sisko is the black One Punch Man?

Physical Adept, Military Background?
>>
/srg/ I come to you for advice.
I just made my character for our game, but I'm kinda at a minor crossroads.
He's an elf adept (Han Chinese) from Hong Kong who's basically the full wuxia package in terms of personality and style; part ninja, part Robin Hood, and even his name and most frequent alias is a reference to classic Chinese wuxia literature.

Aside from my other weapons, I need to decide what his favored sidearm is, a heavy pistol model ideally.
I was trying to think of something that was very Heroic Bloodshed-referencing (since his whole persona is kind of a huge kungfu film reference), so I need one if two things; either a good heavy pistol variant that's basically like a futurists Beretta (John Woo's favored gun) or a Colt 1911A1 model.
I know there's a Colt knockoff (or two) in the Sixth World, but is there a canon high-caliber Beretta 92 knockoff?
>>
>>44266798
Sisko was pretty fucking scary.
Also, apparently so is Avery Brooks; he went like, ACTUALLY crazy awhile back.
>>
File: 1399509784299.gif (195 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1399509784299.gif
195 KB, 300x168
>>44266853
Thanks omae! I'm kind of inexperienced, but I'm a fast learner. I have most of the basics down already.
>>
So, while I can read, I'm trying to make sure of this in Rigger 5.0, because it does sound a bit OP:
Am I correct in understanding that a vehicle has BOD slots in each of power train, protection, weapons, body, electromagnetic, and cosmetic? If so, a Hyundai Shin-Hyung has 10 each, with 14 for body?

If so, guddamn. gg Rigger 5.0.
>>
>>44267102
Yup. Page 151
>Every vehicle has a certain number of Modification Slots that determines how much extra stuff can be packed into the vehicle. Each vehicle modification has a number of Modification Slots equal to its Body in each
Modification Category. So a GMC Bulldog with
a Body of 16 has 16 Modification Slots in each of the six categories.

How clearer can it be, omae.
>>
>>44260361
>>44260541
>>44260618
Here, going to do some backstory rewriting thanks to the info >>44265595 pointed out. Anyone mind pointing out any notable problems with my sheet? http://pastebin.com/81a3p66M
>>
>>44267216
I totally figured that's what it was, it just seems rather OP. I guess it's to make up for vehicles getting rather screwed elsewhere. Though I suppose by letting vehicle mounts getting nerfed out.
>>
>>44266882
The Light Fire series are your Berettas.
>>
>>44267312
I did say "heavy pistol", didn't I?
Just say "no" if there isn't, don't point me in the direction of things I didn't ask for.
>>
>>44267226
>http://pastebin.com/81a3p66M
Mechanically speaking, Blades is kind of a waste with only 3 Agility and 3 Strength.
Taking Con (Fast Talk) when you only have one point in Con via karma is going to cost you 7 karma rather than 1 skill point due to the order character creation steps occur.
>>
>>44267335
>a heavy pistol model ideally
>ideally

I'm not the guy you responded to, but don't be such a cunt when you ask for help and get a reply. The Colt Government is the successor to the 1911 if you want that look in a heavy pistol.
>>
>>44267335
I'm saying the Light Fires are the Beretta series in Shadowrun. And there are no Berettas except for the Light Fires. If you want to be authentic to John Woo films, you wouldn't be using heavy pistols anyway, he has a fetish for 9mm.
>>
>>44267389
Note that the cyberarms are agility 6, so my dicepool is 11 when using them, but I see what you mean about the blades.
Thanks for pointing that out about the specilization on Con, I'll probably drop a point from disguise to pay for the base point of con, then use the 2 karma for a rank in sneak.
>>
>>44267468
If I may ask, what exactly do you want to do with your character?
>>
>>44266882
Maybe the Savalette Guardian?
>>
>>44267803
When not using my cyberarms, I want to be able to blend in and infiltrate places. Get temp work as a janitor or such to get an idea of the place, be able to bypass basic security, etc...

When using my cyberarms and ready to fight, I want to be tough and capable of killing or dealing with most straight-up problems the team has through brute force.

Not sure if it's too broad of a goal, I figured that specializing in a certain aspect of each half would help, as well as all the augmentations. Changing skin color, face, and voice should help a lot with infiltrating. The armored and agile cyberarms, plus my cybereyes and guns, should make me good enough at tanking/shooting in combat.
>>
>>44267335
No one will miss when you're gone.
>>
File: 1276217619761.jpg (344 KB, 764x994) Image search: [Google]
1276217619761.jpg
344 KB, 764x994
I'm somewhat new to SR and thinking about building a shaman.
Full magician but only priority C, since he's rather new to it.
I'll likely favour summons over spells for quite a while.

What are the things I need to keep in mind and what are some recommended spells and qualities?

I will mainly go for utility and support, so no actual combat magic.
>>
>>44270604
Grab Heal, grab a gun and some armor, definitely seek to look like something other than a mage. Even if you have no combat spells, the enemy will target you first if they know you can do magic. Other than that, how do you want to help your team?
>>
>>44270604
Well, summoning is real good. Invest heavily in summoning. Banishing is not good at all, but counterspelling is. Combat spells (with the exception of stunball and maybe some others) is not so great, but you wouldn't care about that. Good spells for every type of mage include Heal and Improved Invisibility. As a priority C mage, your spell selection will be limited, so you should probably decide on a role or two (infiltration, street sammies, etc.) to support, rather than trying to support everyone.
I don't play many mages, so don't just blindly follow my adivce.
Also, carry a gun at all times so that you don't look like a wizard.
>>
How long has your longest lived runner survived in the business? Is there ever a reason to stay in the business if you accrue enough funds to retire?
>>
>>44271471
>Is there ever a reason to stay in the business if you accrue enough funds to retire?

Presumably the reason they got into the business in the first place despite having skills that corps would pay hand over fist for.
>>
>>44270791
Banishing isn't awful, but it's situational: The enemy doesn;t summon? Wasted skill. They do? Shut that mother fucker down faster than they can say "Wasted Complex Action".

Armour helps, especially street sam tier armour, as it makes you look even less like a mage. Plus, you know, it's armour, so you get tankier. Bigger gun is always better, as well, and being able to use it competently is even better. If you can forgoe magic for damage completely, do it. A man with a gun that occasionally turns around and heals a friend is less a target than a man who lobs a lightning bolt and occasionally turns around and heals a friend.
>>
>>44270604
The others aren't wrong, but I'll add that if you want to be an obvious mage, you can-- Don't forgo your character, there's reasons why not everyone's going to pull the operator-magus look. But if you do, you're priority 1 for the enemy, and that means you're going to need to keep your ass covered.
Summoning is your bread and butter, but you only get one spirit unless you use Binding. Binding isn't free, requires a bit of free time, and the spirits aren't necessarily going to like it if you just keep a permanent retainer of five metaplanar terrors and have them do your bitch work-- Binding is a lot more serious to them than Summoning.
Foci are good. The book is pretty straightforward about them, so I'll just let you read what it says.
>>
Are clairvoyance and clairaudience worth taking?
>>
>>44274683
Not if you have a couple thousand nuyen to spend on a drone
>>
>>44274683
In situations where you have no access to Drones, friends, technology, and can use magic without attracting attention.

Yes.

Really though, I just prefer to amp my Perception skill up super high, and chew my way through the modifiers the GM will inevitably throw at me.
>>
>>44274683
I use it for mercenaries. In wilderness ops, being able to undetectably see over ridges and through brush, project your vision or hearing, by as far as you can see with binoculars, get a proper birds-eye view of a compound without a (relatively easily-spotted) drone, and the like are valuable tools. But if recon isn't a goal of yours, there'll be more limited uses.
>>
When do IC get launched by the host? I'm guessing when the player does a attack action or fails a sleaze action and the player is "detected", or if a spider/patrol IC finds their activity.
Is it common for things like combat ICs just hang out in the host?

Once alerted and after the player successfully jacks out, how long would the host be in high alert mode and crawling with IC? more importantly how hard would it be for the player to try and sneak into a host when it is in high alert, how often would the player have to oppose a patrol IC?
>>
>>44275687
According to the description for Patrol, I believe they just leave Patrol on usually, but I'm sure there are places that have heavy duty security at all times.
After detecting an intruder, an IC can be brought in once per Combat Turn, at the start.
>>
>>44271471
>How long has your longest lived runner survived in the business?

Story wise about 20 years in the shadows (10 actually played). He started out as a SINless teenage Go-Ganger from L.A., smuggling weapons and tech up and down the coast to support his family and provide protection. After his gang was busted up during a territorial conflict, he tried to go straight by embracing his love for music and joining a local band as their drummer.

The music didn't take off like he'd hoped. Eventually, through pressure on their manager and some other band members with less than illustrious pasts, the group was pressed into doing a run here and there in order to not be exposed by their Triad extortionists. The groups' efforts during this time did not go unnoticed, soon the group was getting offers from other parties for bigger and bigger paydays. When the Triads found out, the group had to sever their connection rather harshly.

The group decided that it was time to split town so they headed north to Denver. They stayed independent there for a long while, but eventually the game catches up with you. That is to say that eventually you get shoehorned into working for a dragon, and everything goes tits up. That character walked away from the life during the Survival Of The Fittest adventure.
>>
File: Samasan-390657-Nikki_-_SHEET.jpg (274 KB, 1300x661) Image search: [Google]
Samasan-390657-Nikki_-_SHEET.jpg
274 KB, 1300x661
How do you guys feel about negative qualities? Is there one you generally take? I like taking a mild allergy to sunlight for my decker.
Some of the negative qualities seem like suicide though, like corp-born sin, blind (mundane), or one of them.
>>
>>44277374
If you're not doing hardcore black Trench coat runs then combat junkie, Distinctive Style, or any poser's aren't bad.
>>
So.. I want to be a rigger. Can someone tell me how I can be worth my salt as one? I don't want to be a "wheelman" rigger. I also don't want to be "game of drones" rigger. Is it possible to just have maybe 2 suped up drones and do decently? I prefer quality over quantity.
>>
>>44277374

What is with people and paraplegic riggers!?
>>
>>44264064
In addition, Giving them a Matrix damage track, so they only take feedback from dumpshock and black IC, as well as halving the cost of their Complex Forms and doubling the number of Complex forms they are allowed to have. And allow Sprites to actually be used for rigging.
>>
>>44277565

It's literally the most obvious concept, right behind "decker who isn't who you'd expect (housewife, animal, etc.)"
>>
>>44277520
Get the secretary drone. It comes with 2 drone arms and legs. Which count as cyber arms and legs, meaning capacity. Fill up said capacity with the best cyber you can. Then go back and mod the core drone with any drone mods you feel like. Then buy it the best guns and armor. Enjoy your remote control sammy.
>>
>>44277565
"I'm sorry about your legs."
"Don't be. I've learned how to fly."
>>
>>44277520
With the customization options in Rigger 5.0 and the fact that Riggers have more weapon options than normal gun bunnies with less skills needed, you can do that well enough. You'll probably blow all your resources on a couple high Body drones for maximum customization capacity.
>>
>>44277565
Idk man, you'd think that people would want to play something that's useful for more than just repairing and driving vehicles.
My last rigger was basically low key a Navy Seal sniper.
I wanted him to still be useful so I bought him some agi 8 cyberarms and Long arms 4.

If you have the essence, riggers can very quickly turn into scary fast street sams.
>>
File: 14269906191533.jpg (84 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
14269906191533.jpg
84 KB, 600x399
>>44277565
I've got a Quadrapelic Rigger with Gene Freak, in that she was born with legs for arms.

Got her limbs lopped off and regular cyberarms wouldn't work so a full set of four Raptor Legs was installed, and she walks around quadrupedal in case mods, holosuits, and false comlinks so she looks like a Doberman Drone.

It's just a cool niche. The feeling of walking around in a drone again is going to be something that people who neurologically can't just buy their limbs back is going to be something they chase.
>>
>>44277374
Code of Honor is my go to negative quality. I'm a moralfag at heart, and it helps remind some other runners that mindless murdering is not all we do.
>>
>>44277594
Well when being a Rigger is basically only a single implant and half a dozen or less programs on your commlink, it leaves you the freedom to do a lot of shit.
>>
>>44267399
I just get tired of when I ask for something specific someone offers something completely in response.
I'm completely okay with a "no, there is no example of this specific" honestly, there's no real need to offer alternatives.
I'm just not aware of all the fluff bits for all the weapons.
>>44267408
True, but then there'd be no reason for me to carry a gun at all; my thrown weapons do more damage then light pistols at the moment.
I was sort of looking for a thematically appropriate side arm to fit his fluff, but if there's no Beretta I can use a Colt Government or a Manhunter.
>>44268411
Is that Beretta-looking? I wasn't aware.
The art on it seems to change a lot but I always thought it was a big beast of a pistol, right?
>>44269652
My son seems to think otherwise, but I'll take your word for it since you seem like such a reliable and well-sourced authority on these subjects.
>>
>>44277374
I like dependants. Gives the character some instant back story and the gm a hook to drag your character into something personal.
>>
>>44275027
>Really though, I just prefer to amp my Perception skill up super high, and chew my way through the modifiers the GM will inevitably throw at me.

But you can't actually SEE through foliage or walls or whatever, right?
Unless there's an augment that does that now.
>>
>>44277374
Code of Honor.
I like the narrative of working within a moral code, plus the amusing reality that having scruples is an unusual thing in the Sixth World.
>>
>>44277640
This is why I don't understand why people want to play wheelchair characters; you're left with so many options.
>>
>>44277846
I mean deckers can also be wheelchair characters. So can mages to an extent.

Imagine summoning a Spirit of Air to propel your wheelchair at 300mph while you fling fireballs.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.