[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Blood Bowl/ General - Custom Leagues Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Dwarf v Elf.jpg (237 KB, 1066x750) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf v Elf.jpg
237 KB, 1066x750
http://www.thenaf.net/
https://fumbbl.com/
http://bbtactics.com/
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm

A more colourful version of the latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

/tg/ FUMBBL group, currently in Round 5:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view
Announcement and RULES:
http://pastebin.com/9St1yYU7

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl
>>
>You will never be the water boy for an Amazon team
>you will never be fauned over by the star catcher
>you will never be tackled by the whole team after a win
>you will never have to pick of the left over body parts of your team off the pitch after they play agaisnt chaos dorfs
>>
File: shoot me.jpg (99 KB, 1019x768) Image search: [Google]
shoot me.jpg
99 KB, 1019x768
>>44248785
>You will never be a catcher of a real slaan team
>you will never be able to do stupid leaps into and out of scrums
>you will never screem "reeeeeeeeee" as you are knocked to the ground
>you wil never cheer "kero-kero" over and over again when you score
>>
>>44248785
>You will never be a Blitz-ra
>You will never both skoopy and stylish
>You will never be able to do the skeliton dance
>you will always be able to pick up a ball
>>
Is there anything more infuriating than you clearly being better than your opponent but you can't roll 2db for shit whilst he rolls 1db and -2db with no rerolls?
>>
>>44248991
Maybe them also doing fouls with no assists on AV9 players, getting an injuries, and not getting sent off?
>>
>>44248991
This is a salt game friend
Remember that one frenchy cunt, even if the dice do suck, try not to whine and laugh it off
>>
>>44249016
Don't laugh it off,make passive aggressive jokes,letting the other know you are mad,but superior.
>oh hehe my team sucks today
>wow crazy pass
>hehe that gobbo is unkillable
>>
>>44249052
If you can't enjoy a completely bullshit play working, even agaisnt you, then you are on ready for bloodbowl
>>
>>44249079
*not ready
>>
>>44249016

Nah, I'm not serious about life so I'm certainly not serious about BB.

I love it when the 6+ Throw Team Mate creams the one guy I had who can score.

>>44249052

The classic:

>you rolled really well today
>>
>>44247157

How does that drafting thing balance out? Do the NBFL teams have custom starting players? Like being able to have 2 normal skill advances out of the box or something?
>>
>>44248991

>play my lizardmen vs friends amazons
>not a single knock down for 6 turns
>break armor on hi amazons ONE time during game for a stun
>he knocked out 3 of my saruas warriors 2 of them were uphill blocks.
>gave a 4th -1 STR
>a 5th a MNG
>killed my krox with a tripple pow 3 dice uphill block
>constantly going on about how his dice are not THAT good
>You are just not playing your lizards right annon
>you would win if you were playing them better

Made up for it when i challanged him with my dwarf team though and showed his amazons the power of tackle.

Had to listen to him bitching all game about how my 2 dice blocks should not be knocking his players down that much. and how my mighty blow guys should not be breaking armor as often as they are.
>>
Let's talk crazy for a second:

If someone created an electronic version of a Blood Bowl pitch and players, complete with IGF chip technology integrated for managing player stats and advances, would you be interested?
>>
>>44249052
>tfw you make very careful remarks about the game because you don't want to sound like you're mad or salty even though you're having a lot of fun to avoid looking like a jerk
>tfw you dont make funny remarks about your opponent plays because you don't want to make him think you think he's shit or something like that
>tfw just genuinely enjoy blood bowl but dont know how to express the joy
>>
>open fumbbl now
>scheduled match: 2h ago
what? how am I scheduled? I am not even in any tournaments
>>
>Naggarond Knife Sears have an AG5 Blitzer now

Dammit Quinze, if you're retiring this season we won't have a chance to break those pretty elf legs in half!
>>
>>44249397

Ignore it, the Scheduler does what it wants.
>>
>>44249293
hello GW
>>
File: 1432858726361.jpg (9 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1432858726361.jpg
9 KB, 251x251
Favorite team and why, go.
>>
>>44249587
Currently, it is Chaos Dwarfs: It is the only team I have ever won a game on FUMBBL with at the moment.
>>
>>44249587
humans

bread and butter basic blood bowl
>>
>>44249587

The vanilla ice cream that is Orcs. My first love, back playing with them after fannying about with inferior teams for a while. It's the versatility too, sure they don't have as much as Humans but the ST4 Blorcs make up for that.

I guess I'll never learn how to Elf screen properly, but who needs to when you can just fuck shit up? My Accurate, Strong Arm Thrower and AG4 Blodge Jump Up Blitzer are lethal if I need a quick TD too.
>>
>>44249587
lizardmen, cuz they lizards.
>>
So, my understaing is that the new league(s?) are taking off after the first one is done, right?
>>
>>44249147
There's a semi-complex method to it. I'm not in NBFL myself, but usually what happens is that each NBFL team gets 1 draft pick from the crop of the NCBB's graduating class. Like real football, the teams with worse standings go first.

All the skill-ups that player earned are transferred over to a new player (with the same name) on your team roster. The caveat is that players are "converted" into a player of a roughly equivalent class on your roster, if they are from a different team roster than the drafting team. The detailed conversion notes are on the "NBFL Draft Board" group, but usually it's things like linemen may only become linemen, 4ST blocker types can only become each other, etc. For example, this means no drafting graduating Chaos Warriors for elf teams, as they have no equivalent for the draftee to graduate into. But an Orc team could draft a CW and it would convert into a Black Orc Blocker.
>>
>>44249889

Yeah, maybe not instantly but within a fortnight.

After thinking about things a bit longer, considering numbers and such, I'll be holding a vote on a couple of little things next week. I'm off over the Christmas period so will have plenty of time to muck about.
>>
>>44249965
As for balance - the player comes in at TV appropriate to his level and position, of course, with the additional TV typical for stat-ups and doubles, etc. So a team that drafts a stat freak of a player still will have their TV go up accordingly.

Generally this means NBFL games are really high TV - 1600 is a low end team, with lots of matches involving both teams at 2k+. They're entertaining to spectate too as you see all sorts of oddball players (thanks to the draft) that you might only see in the big site tourneys like the FUMBBL cup.
>>
>>44249587
Somewhere between Dark and High elves

I love passing plays and am better at the HE, but the darks elves have more fun with bashing and good blitzers, and dump off trolling though I suck at DE

HE look swag ass fuck but DE have sweet ass'd witches
>>
>>44249535

Like GW has the balls (or the money) to dive into the toys to life market.
>>
>>44250039

I was mostly thinking about the starting composition, since real NFL teams are made up of drafted college players but I was assuming that the NBFL teams had some sort of base skill level increase to account for the idea that they're not supposed to be as green as one of the NCBB teams.
>>
>>44250099
oh and the speed of high elves without giving up str is really really cool
>>
File: Croacxagor.jpg (50 KB, 439x329) Image search: [Google]
Croacxagor.jpg
50 KB, 439x329
I know slaan have Kronxagors, but hear me out on this alternative inspired by this model

Kroacxigors
Basically Kronx but instead of prehensile tail, very long legs and leap (still at agi 1) maybe keep Pre.tail to emulate a frog tounge but then reduce to wild animal
>>
when joining /tg/ fumbbl group do I have to make a new team?
>>
>>44250241
New teams in the NBFL usually get a higher number of draft picks to start them off at the beginning of the season (something like 3-5), but the rest of the players start at baseline stats. Replacements during the season also come in at typical baseline, so it's definitely possible for a team to get badly mauled during the long regular season.
>>
>>44250694

Yes
>>
File: img45cf98961ae42.jpg (51 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
img45cf98961ae42.jpg
51 KB, 600x399
>>44250331

I've always thought Slaan should have a big guy like the Mage Priest, I know the Kroxigor is just a proxy for a Big Frog but they could have at least renamed it.
>>
>>44251019
>that image
>"paint me like one of your normie girls"
>>
So, /tg/, is your team for the fresh league ready? What are you playing?
>>
>>44251115
whens the fresh league starting?
>>
>>44251141
I dont think we have that long left, one week of leage and then playoffs.
>>
>>44251115
I'm torn between my skeleton-themed khemri and jojo-themed underworld. If the new season is anything like this one, I might be forced to go with the latter.
>>
>>44249587
Probably chaos for BB2. if i could still play Chaos edition, either norse or nurgle.
>after learning how to play somewhat, i make a norse team
>3rd or so game into the league
>halflings
>first play
>literally the first thing that happens
>kill their one treeman
>smile so wide that my face should break
>15 injured midgets and 7 touchdowns later solidified my love for this game
>>
>>44251376

Seems like most people seem to prefer Underworld over Chaos Pact for the Animosity teams.

Anyone know why?

I like the dynamic of the 3 Big Guys and the Dark Elf acting as a passer/runner, and the Marauders are just so damn flexible, plus easy Mutation access all around, but I've never actually tried the team.
>>
>>44251616
Because the Underworld team is overall more reliable. Since more big guys means more chance of rolling 1 on negative skills.
>>
>>44251657

But nega traits don't cause turnovers, and most of the Chaos Pact Team builds start with only 2 out of the 3 so it doesn't seem that unmanageable.

Just don't be an idiot about activations. A Big Guy is still valuable just standing there.
>>
>>44251863
It isn't about turnovers, it is about being unreliable. That is also more loners for when you roll dub skulls or both downs. They are a fine team once they start getting skills, but early on it is rough. Underworld have atleast some starting skills and goblins are a dime a dozen anyways.
>>
>>44251905

Right, you don't risk the activation and you don't plan hinging on activating.

Also concerning gobbos they've got them too and if you want to opt for the Marauder instead they're only 10k more (they each have their own roles though).
>>
>>44251863
The problem is that Cpact lack the same agility and/or speed on the regular linemen to play an elfball style game. You need your big guys too throw blocks, and the douvble combo of both Loner and lack of block is dangerous.
>>
Has anyone here ever tried Stunty Leeg?

Just watching a Chaos Halfling vs. Horrors of Tzeentch game, it's mad.

>0-16 Horrors all have Right Stuff and Throw Team Mate
>S3 guys are Flamers with No Hands but Bombardier
>S5 Big Guys are the same but with Wild Animal
>>
>>44251995
I'm planning on running Pact next league.
>>
>>44251965
CPact has 1 goblin, and you don't even need to hinge on big guys. As someone who has played a fair amount of CPact the weakness is that the big guys can sometimes just not work for multiple turns in a row. There is the fact you start with 0 skills besides mighty blow on big guys. So doing anything might eat up your rerolls.
>>
>>44252078
These guys

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=823798
>>
>>44252109
You're going to get fucked by taking everything and having only 2 rerolls.
>>
>>44252007
Stunty is a lot swingier than the regular game, I feel (and the regular game is already quite swingy). Since everyone is, well, Stunty, pitch removal happens quite frequently and pitch clears are hardly a rare occurrence. It isn't completely about luck but I'm not a fan of victory via casualty rolls.
>>
>>44252081
At that point though, you're playing sort of stunted humans. Don't get me wrong, when things go well and your big guys decide to cooperate games go swimmingly for Chaos Pact, but I would hesitate to call them a "reliable" team out of the box.
>>
>>44252109

Love the theme, would only contest one of the naming decisions:

>making Shredder a rat
>>
>>44252200
I think the only team less reliable than them is Ogres.
>>
>>44249587
Way, way back in the late 1980's I played an all-snotling team.
It sucked and it was hilarious.
>>
File: 2ndedition.gif (61 KB, 407x221) Image search: [Google]
2ndedition.gif
61 KB, 407x221
>>44252270

Man, I've looked over the rules for 2nd Ed (the one that came with the slightly small styrene pitch which makes throwing easier if you use a template on it) and I am glad that I've only ever played 3rd/LRB era rules.
>>
>>44252360
That's the one. Only version I ever played.
The Shitland Shoppers lost 3 snotlings from fouling (unsuccessfully) a downed halfling.
>>
>>44251657
Except nobody is forcing pact to take the big guys,i would take only the ogre,maybe the minotaur.the team works fine without triple retardation,which is still part of the appeal.
As for the first question underworld are just too lovely with all those mutations on a highly mobile team.they are wonderful and far more different if you want a non chaos mutation team
>>
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=800625
les Maginots vs Rolling The Rat Risks on now!
>>
>>44252360

>the one that came with the slightly small styrene pitch which makes throwing easier if you use a template on it

Wut?
>>
>>44249587
Chaos Dwarfs purely for the 3rd ed models, Funny Hat CDs were my favorite GW design choice.
>>
>>44253963
>Funny Hat CDs were my favorite GW design choice.
I cannot agree more, the forge world ones feel bland compared with the Babylonian motherfuckers of yore
>>
>>44251409
Nothin better than hittin someone smaller than you Jim
>>
>>44252007
You should see the Gob Cheaters
>>
>the whole game has to has to warp around chaos being bs at high tv
How about this? Instead of claws reducing armor to 7av, it reduces to 8av. And its just a little less bullshit in tandum with POMB
Now its still useful against high armor teams, but not as scary to mid armor teams.
>>
>>44254552
This is Bloodbowl not Bandage boobookiss bowl
>>
>>44254552
that would make it shit though,at best it would be a shitty mb,useless against a lot of teams.claw is not op the problem is the stacking of mb po and claw, which are made better from each other.I would personally nerf PO which is the easiest to hit without ruining it , or MB which is clearly the strongest of the three,claw is just good because of the others, is tricky to nerf appropriately and doesn't fix the fact that a part from chaos every single team values a lot a pomber.(which is, yes a part of the game, but is too relevant as of now)
>>
>>44252239
chaos pact are unreliable, but not only because of big guys(which you can and should play only one of),but because of the lack of skills.they are not as unreliable as you are making them out to be and goblins and vampires are definitely more unreliable than a 2 3 big guys chaos pact
>>
>>44254731
ok, how about making it so that if a team wins, they can reroll ONE of the injuries they sustained during a match
Maybe lighten the blow of the devastation a little
>>
>>44254846
that would be possible, but i think you should nerf the impact of these skills on the game first, because they are too good.diminishing the long term damages is cheap and uneffective,plus that would make low bash matchups just boring and lacking injuries,i wouldn't like that.there is a way to nerf these skills,no need to make such a strange change.even simply making mb not stack with po would help, nerfing PO ,by making it reroll armour only, or giving a -1 to it would help too,but again po is not the best skill,problem is i have no idea how to nerf MB effectively
>>
>>44254552
>>44254731
The most common patch is simply changing Pile On to reroll Injury only.

This means Claw still retains the "can-opener" value, and Pile On players are still good at removing players from the pitch, but this way you don't get multiple chances at breaking armour. Pile On is just really versatile because you can reroll armour or the injury roll.
>>
File: high elves.jpg (103 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
high elves.jpg
103 KB, 530x530
Ordered these beauties dispite probably never being able to play bb IRL

No regrets they are sexy as fuck. So excite
>>
>>44252161
I sorta know that. But I've made my choices and I'll just pray to Nuffle every game. Look out for some consistent risk free blood Bowl next league!
>>
>>44256663
I'm sure only good things will come of it.
>>
Gobbos all the way
>>
>>44254552

Again, developing a truly monstrous clawpomb team in the formats the game typically plays in (ie scheduled matches in a closed environment of several coaches) is extremely difficult. Players that are developing into dangerous ones become larger targets across all their games - even rookie players with strong starting skills are immediately targets in that environment (just ask Skudrinka and his Wardancers).

The only two situations where the game ends up revolving around clawpomb are:

1. A league consisting of 1 veteran coach with a Chaos team and all other coaches are greenhorns.
2. Endless open leagues like the NAF and Black Box
>>
Tfw no league where you get insane starting mony and inducement money every match
>>
>>44255884

>that feel when not enough female teams and pieces to beat up
>>
>>44261262
Why not do what everyone else does and just beat up skinks? It's probably more satisfying.
>>
>>44261262
>Tfw no team of battle sisters with Secret Weapon Flamers and they all have dauntless/frenzy by default
>>
>>44261327

Because it is my fetish
>>
How much of a clusterfuck would a tourny where Legendary only takes 5 Total SPP be?
>>
>>44261606
Great for elves and late game teams
Shitty for teams like undead where the zombies steall all the MVPs
>>
>>44261633
One injury = 2 Levels, One Touchdown = 3
So you could probably manage a level on some people easy
>Every enemy has Guard Tackle Block Dodge Jump Up
>>
Well Rolling the Rat Risk v les Maginots happened.
>>
>>44249587
Nurgle, because fuck elves and Beasts are adorable slug puppies.
>>
>>44249587
Skaven. They are good even if they don't roll doubles, but the linemen could use some ag4 when rolled.
>>
>>44249587
I'll always have a special pace in my heart for Norse
>>
>>44249587
Khemri,love tying stuff up
>>
>>44261262
>>44261262
Amazons are all I need
>stronk empowered dykes who hate you
>start off powerful, but get weak fast
>die super easy when you have tackle
>still kinda hot
YFW you notice that the only thing separating a hobgoblin and an amazon linewoman is dodge
>>
bumpu
>>
Whats your favorite sculpted team?
Where can I get good amazons? The willy ones are ok, but bland, I want something tropical and savage themed
>>
Leatherheads or the Veterans work out a match time yet?
>>
>>44265854
It was suposed to be today, but we had to postpone to tomorrow
>>
>>44265854
Silly americans with their time zones I swear
>>
>>44265874
As an NA player I have been free 24/7 for my matches.
>>
>>44265748
2nd ed Orc team, all that vintage Kev Adams. I am also quite partial to the Rolljordan Slann/Meiko Lizards and all the willy teams.
>>
>>44266440
Pics plz
>>
File: bob.jpg (187 KB, 1002x703) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
187 KB, 1002x703
One of the chaos noobs here. Getting into Blackbox over the last week or so and have had some success with my chaos team, in no small thanks to my first skill-up being +ST. Just posting the team here because they just had a damn kid game against a Chaos Pact team, holding them to 1-0. Came down to the wire, but made me proud of my pile of pixels.

Any gaps in the team I'm missing? Unsure who I'm making into a killer here, though York and Quori are two good options to build into that line of play.
>>
>>44267027
damn good game*
>>
What's the purpose of human catchers? They are like crippled elves (and therefore not as reliable) and don't quite fit with the rest of the bashy human set up. Rarely are you allowed to make good passing plays and even then you'd rather have the spp go to a blitzer. I haven't gotten good use of them or figured out how to yet. I've been feeding them TDs hoping for a stat up or something so that may make them more useful, but I felt like they might as well be linemen so I can lower my team value and have some use out of STR 3 pieces.
>>
That feel when you are losing to someone because the dice are giving them 5+ on every block and you are lucky to get a push.
>>
All but two of my CAS were from trying to throw a goddamn snotling somewhere useful. I had like 90% ball possession but then he one turned a touchdown ;-;
>>
>>44267832
As a note, 2 of my snots died and I only won 30k
>>
>>44267832
>>44267860
Well when you pick ogres you are kind of obliged to be okay with whether you lose or win or however your game goes.
>>
>>44267878
It was ogre v ogre and it was amazing
>>
I just dodged into 2 tackle zones with an ogre because I didn't notice where I was clicking. It always succeeds if you're not aware of it.
>>
>>44268199
thaaaaaaaaaat's blood bowl!
>>
>>44268199
>Ogre passes 3 dodges in a row and then blitzes your 5 AV
>YFW
>>
>>44267619
I use mine mostly to scare the other team so they don't screen or attack my cage. Granted I did the same with blitzers but catch is nice. On defense they are decent at retrieving the ball
>>
>>44267619
Give them leap and they get much better
>>
>>44267619
>What's the purpose of human catchers?
extra movement, catch

Sure they're not elves, but having one can save your ass sometimes.
>>
>>44269916
>leap on Ag 3
If they get Ag 4 first then that's fine but you always want a stat up for human catchers for their first level up because they are bad at their current stats but a stat up makes them much better. I would go st/ag/ma/av in order of most useful to least.
>>
>>44270143
Atleast in BB2 they have av8.
>>
>>44270143
Is the strategy to just keep rebuying one until you get the level up you want? Seems like a waste of time and resources to make them be good.
>>
>>44270177
Thats if you want catchers on your team. You can get one thrower and 4 blitzers and have them be the runner bashy team, or you can grab a catcher or 2 and hope for a stat up in a league or just roll with it in a continuous competition. It's best for the first level because that opens up a better skill progression for your catcher.
>>
>>44267619
They make pretty good markers. They have natural access to sidestep, blodge, shadowing, tackle and diving tackle. With the AV8 buff they can also take a punch to the face pretty good. Since they are also catchers leveling them up to this isnt hard.
>>
>>44270300
I have one that's level 3 so I'll probably keep him. Diving tackle or shadowing assuming you don't get the +MA? Logic tells me not both at the same time.
>>
>>44270300
I actually run 4 Catchers 2 Throwers and Full Blitzers myself
>>
>>44270328
I havent made a marker in BB2 yet but I assume its not a bugged combo like in BB1 so there shouldnt be any problem. It just stacks the difficulty on running away from the marker.
>>
>>44270407
Yeah but you can't shadow if you go on the ground and I'm not sure you can use diving tackle if your shadowing fails. Also the question which first and when do you want tackle.
>>
>>44270433
How it should work is that it rolls for shadowing first so you keep doing that. If shadowing fails you can roll for diving tackle. So it combos very well if it works as intended.
>>
File: Bronze Boars 2nd ed Orc BB Team.jpg (670 KB, 1440x580) Image search: [Google]
Bronze Boars 2nd ed Orc BB Team.jpg
670 KB, 1440x580
>>44266481
which team? This is a nice example of the 2nd ed Orc team. 2nd Ed shaven was also real nice.
>>
File: 1444238768658.jpg (18 KB, 324x178) Image search: [Google]
1444238768658.jpg
18 KB, 324x178
>looking for models
>well comixininos is cool as shit but I don't want to order all the way from spain
>oh hey impact minis ship in the US
>There are all really shit sculpts
>in the right corner they sell a bronie colouring book

I don't want to live on this planet any more
>>
what would happen if I gave my whole team's linemen shadowing and tackle?
>>
>>44275697
Zons would be pissed. Dwarfs wouldn't care
>>
>>44275697
If you have access to shadowing on your linemen you are playing as an elf team and you will get punched a lot.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

GFI
>>
When's this last game going to be played?
>>
So are vintage veterans and caledor leatherheads planning to play soon? One of them hasn't chosen skills.

It's ok to plan to schedule your game later in the week but if you don't have time please notify us so we can move on.
>>
>>44280400

They've stated that they'll play today, though i don't know if they've decided when.
>>
>>44280400
Some people are only free on the weekends and round 6 is gonna have extra time since winter holidays anyways.
>>
Theorycraft the best Elf Catcher possible
>>
>>44280449
Pro Elf catcher that is leveled up, done.
>>
>>44280428
For some of us, its summer
>>
>>44280785
Yes, but winter holidays are still a thing for some people and they can be hard to get out of.
>>
File: habbeding.jpg (21 KB, 240x207) Image search: [Google]
habbeding.jpg
21 KB, 240x207
>>44248625
>be me
>play humans, vs halflings at TableTop
>opponent just goes "Elf bs" level, throwing long bomb with every 6 he can get, picking balls from a cluster of lineman with a 6, etc.
>first half, 2-0 down the road against me
>second half, score early, knocked most of his halflings out in the first half
>half 2, turn 8
>FinalDestination.jpg
>push halfling into the ball which lies on the outer lines, bump into crowd luckily
>crowd throwes
>ball scatters into a cluster of different people
>10 scatters later, noone catches (always 6+ due to tacklezones)
>my lineman on the outer side of that cluster catches it with a natural 6
>No Rerolls, only one chance to get this done right now
>Dodge 2 times with AG3, handover to thrower, pass to my catcher, he catches, does 2 GFI, scores
>Everyone around the table was dead silence while I cheered in frenzy
>mfw I played some serious elf BS that turn

Man, that was some game. Love that adrenaline that comes up on such plays. Also
>blogpost, sorry
>>
>Get quite possibly the worst rolls ive had so far yet
>But atleast I -st'd his bombadier and -av'd his chainsaw!
>>
File: The Jugganork.jpg (20 KB, 277x322) Image search: [Google]
The Jugganork.jpg
20 KB, 277x322
The AG4 Jump Up Blodge Orc Blitzer I keep going on about has finally calmed down and rolled a normal skill.

Shall I be boring and go for Tackle? Strip Ball? Sure Hands for all the Strip Balls I will inevitably face if I enter a tournament?

>>44281058

No that's neat. I don't play enough tabletop, FUMBBL and the Cyanide games make you lazy for actually working out numbers properly.
>>
>>44281193
Since you have atleast one tackle already I would say Sure Hands.
>>
Post people who really need to be mercy killed
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10464457
>>
File: Suitably named.jpg (294 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Suitably named.jpg
294 KB, 1920x1080
>>44281294
He fulfilled his destiny
>>
>>44281344
I want to own BB2 so I can sell some of my players
>>
>>44281391
It has no purpose.
>>
>>44281404
Can you sell good players/buy good players? Or is it just a way to make money off a -2 st treeman?
>>
>>44281432
You can't even use it most of the time.
>>
Tfw nobody wants to play against you obvious murder team
>>
>>44281504
Ingame agains a chaos team who -armored my two lil newbie skinks right now, two of his warriors are dead now, the fuck had it coming
>>
>>44254158
by sigmar
>>
>>44249587
Lizzy
>>
>>44281786
My only regret is that rarely do I get any actually dangerous injurys on people.
>>
>>44280449
Woodelf catcher with right stuff
>>
>>44281836
>Yfw Wardancer with Stunty and Titchy
>>
>>44280416
2pm PST
>>
so, how does Blood Bowl 2 compare to Chaos Edition?
>>
>>44282212
much prettier, less teams
>>
>>44282228
Which one's more easier to get into? Which one will probably be better in the long run?
>>
>>44282212
>>44282255
BB2 has a lot of improvements, But less teams. The UI is a LOT friendlier. Honestly I would recommend BB2 to most people. If you asked a week ago I would have said BB1 but I recently replayed it and developed a newfound respect for BB2.
BB2s campaign can teach you the basics pretty well. And it will have way more people and update potential long-term
>>
File: 1334012990398.jpg (339 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1334012990398.jpg
339 KB, 600x600
>>44282255
Imo the LE edtion tutorial doesn't teach you jack shit, but I've heard the same about campaign

Ask youself "Do I like any of these teams" from the 10 (more incoming soon) in bb2, otherwise you might be better with bb1.
Unless you love glorious French Catholics then BB2 all day er day
>>
>>44282303

>Brets
>French Catholic

Close, but not quite. Sure they have French names but it's 99% Arthurian.
>>
>>44282465
Lance best knight brah
Scotch pagans ruined everything desu senpai
>>
>players who don't watch their opponent's turn and just come back when they hear the bleep
>players who have out-of-turn skills like Side Step and Shadowing and don't watch the game

Really grinds my fucking gears.
>>
>>44283053
You dont love when the enemy has dodge + Sidestep on every character and doesn't watch the game, adding 15 seconds or more to every block regardless of results?
>>
>>44283079

I beat a 2000TV 6-Ogre team (of which I think 3 were ST6) earlier, yeah it really was irritating, especially as I was trying to focus on them.

Snotlings having Side Step, fuck that.
>>
>>44283112
>Tfw one of my Ogres on my 6ogre got Miss Next Game so i just retired the teaem
>>
File: 1418036368837.png (45 KB, 527x487) Image search: [Google]
1418036368837.png
45 KB, 527x487
The stages of blood bowl.

After countless (20~) games of BB2 I have devolved into despair. I started as hopeful > angry > now sadness, does it get better or am i crawling towards jaded?

My last game started off well, my opponent left a huge gap with my high elf catcher sitting right in the middle. naturally, the thrower made the pass and catcher took the ball two moves from their end zone. An enemy lineman GFI x2 and didnt fall over but thats ok because i had 4 agility and rerolls... actually i rolled one twice.

after that i had two sets of skulls and other fun things like my first dodge would fail and burnt RRs like mad. of course my opponent enjoyed his 3 agility passing and 2 agility dodges without reroll.

The fuck are you meant to do when this shit happens? the bastard even said gg.

I actually dont mind my players dying but when i cant make a fucking short pass with pass and safe pass im livid.
>>
>>44283859
>The fuck are you meant to do when this shit happens?
Not do a pass. Passing is risky by nature. run the ball in without doing gfi or dodges or blocks
>>
>>44283859
Just now
>my DE vs halflings
>they have master chef so I have 0rr all game
>roll ones on every gfi and dodge
>roll double skulls at least 5 times
>guy whines about his rolls
>treemen make 3/4 of my blitzers miss next game and 1 with niggle
>concede
I'm fucking done
>>
>>44283966

fair enough, i try to encourage risky rolls on my opponent.

for example one die blocks, i gave him plenty and he took them all successfully.

the guy finished one half with like two rerolls and it wasnt like he was playing passively.

I just get a bit peeved when you try and make things awkward for them but you end up getting dicefucked

>>44284085

I know that pain.

>conceding

to the people who moan about this and so did i but now, fuck you. last thing you want to happen is watch your team get killed/injured and at the end the MVP SPP goes to the bloody dead player. why did i just sit there for an hour?
>>
>>44284162
>to the people who moan about this and so did i but now, fuck you. last thing you want to happen is watch your team get killed/injured and at the end the MVP SPP goes to the bloody dead player. why did i just sit there for an hour?
Frankly a DE team with 3/4 blitzers gone is as good as dead
>>
>>44284162
>last thing you want to happen is watch your team get killed/injured
Maybe stop your pixel hugging and understand that blood bowl is meant to be a funny game where ocassionally teams that you played for half a year get murdered in a hilliarous fashion.
>>
>>44249587
so many choice.

Humans were my first love, so flexible, good at anything.

The i moved to chaos dwarfs; also good at everything, with blockers that really block.

Then I tried dark elves and kept consistently rolling skulls and 1's

Then in the next league, to give my locals a fighting chance; I told them i picked a shit team and went with full beastman chaos team.
and proceeded to kick all the asses.
I love my beastmans team.
ST4 blitz in the right place at the right time every turn. It may cost (a beastman costs 10k more than a human lineman with the same stats) but it's worth it.
The minotaur was mostly for the scare factor, he never actually did anything, whereas basic beastmans were breaking faces, passing and scoring touchdowns like they were fucking wardancers on crack.
>>
Blood Bowl is an exercise in life

He who can play Blood Bowl and not get in a negative mood, can live a truly happy life
>>
>>44253847
I have that pitch.
and the current foldout card one too.
and made one with 40mm squares to make play easier, but ofc passes are shorter.

Twas in the rules: you play the pitch as it stands, no homo.
>>
>>44284382

you are right and I do have fun at times, like i said, I'm not really mad when my guys get killed/ injured it adds history to the team.

BUT no SPP is a slap in the face, why choose the dead guy as the MVP? at least give the player something for not leaving. also, does this only happen in BB2?
>>
>>44284613
More like I'm insensitive to everything so I don't care that much.
>>
>>44255884
I'm actually not impressed with those sculpts.
Nice, yeah. Nicer than the original circa early 90's GW sculpts, true.
But no where near willy miniatures models.
>>
>>44284593
>Then I tried dark elves and kept consistently rolling skulls and 1's
I swear they are cursed but no one believes me
>>
>>44284648
don't you even have fun
>>
>>44284669
What is fun?
>>
>>44284655
Willy has no elves though, save their sweet Prince. Willy Amazons are a good sculpt but not super creative or thematic. Love their undead though

Also I wish they would make some staff, its really hard to find good elf cheerleaders, comixininos had WE ones that looked like this, but sadly they sold out.
>>
>>44284682
a buzzword
>>
>>44284698
Forgot pic
>>
>Playing goblins
>Enemy gets mad when I foul his av9
>>
>>44284921
More than any team, fouling fits the goblin spirit, plays and strategy
>>
So, they announced the four new teams for BB2: Nurgle, Norse, Undead, Necromatic.

The teams(and the other three DLC blocks) will be free for those that own BB2 already.
>>
>>44284632
>at least give the player something for not leaving. also, does this only happen in BB2?
mvp is random it happens
>>
>>44284946
I guess it might be time to buy teh game then. I hope it'll be on Christmas sale.
>>
>>44284946
>The teams(and the other three DLC blocks) will be free for those that own BB2 already.
>>>
> Anonymous 12/20/15(Sun)15:38:38 No.44284973▶
>>>44284632
>>at least give the player something for not leaving. also, does this only happen in BB2?
>mvp is random it happens

No Chorfs, Gobbos, 'alfling, 'zons, proelves.

Why bother living?
>>
Anyone else here going to watch the FUMBBL Cup finals that is starting really soon?
>>
Caledor Leatherheads play Vintage Vets in 1 hour
>>
>>44285283

Hyped.
>>
>>44286070
How do I post a game link?
>>
>>44286137
by copy pasting the link?
>>
>>44286137

Well, it doesn't look like you've started the game yet. So I'd suggest doing that first.
>>
>>44286370
>>44286367
Waiting for the other guy
>>
File: waiting.jpg (294 KB, 1036x778) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
294 KB, 1036x778
>>44286399
Still waiting for him
>>
>>44286399

Well, all you have to do is right-click the spectator link for your game and copy the link address.

This might be hard to do before your opponent shows up.
>>
>missed the FUMBBL Cup final

For fuck's sake
>>
>Tfw my bomber whose only act all game was bombing himself and then getting thrown out was the MVP
>>
File: waiting.jpg (158 KB, 830x667) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
158 KB, 830x667
>>44286477
STILL WAITING
not so much as a PM
back
2pm PST is 5pm EST

>>44286722
So if he can't do this game can we skip/give a win by defult? I feel kinda bad about holding the league
>>
>>44286737

Really this round should be over by midnight tonight, which is in 30 minutes or so FUMBBL time. So if he doesn't turn up I'll concede it in favour of the Leatherheads.

It isn't going to affect the playoffs so bugger it.
>>
>>44286824

does ayylmao get the 2 mvp then?
>>
>>44286737
and I have officially waited on my ass for a game for an hour
Gay
>>
>>44287225

I believe so. An extra 5 SPP isn't going to hurt anyone.
>>
inb4 he turns up about ten minutes after I call it off
>>
>>44287286

Isn't that just par for the course?
>>
>>44287286

His problem, already playing late in the week and then no show is a good way to get autoconceded.
>>
>>44287313

Was he the one who called of the game yesterday too?
>>
>>44287313
>>44287324
Yeah to to be frank, I am a little frazzled to have to wait for nothing.
>>
>>44287270
>>44287225
Actually no ssp at all, nor is my injured player back in.
>>
Right then.

The Final Round is upon us!

Only the Top 8 teams will qualify for the right to become the first /tg/ Champion.

With it nearly being Christmas, I understand it may take a little longer to play games around this time. Keep each other updated!
>>
>>44287391
Actually it's going to be faster during Christmas because I'm doing less shit than I usually would.
>>
>>44287421

Not for everyone though.
>>
And to open it, my own Red Fang Rockets will take on Bretonnian Werewolf in Tilea for a straight-up shootout for the Playoffs.
>>
>>44287441
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=801361
Link for game.
>>
>>44287441

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=9828
>>
Quicklslithers v Big and Little, the bash off for the play-offs.
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=801364
>>
>>44287441

Lizard V Lizard here

https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=801364
>>
>Tfw no 22 death match
>>
>>44284698
Is there anything better looking than willy's khemri?i am falling in love with them,but the price is high.cab somebody suggest a good low cost models seller?(i know about black scorpion already,but they have no khemris,which is what i am looking for)
>>
>>44288535
I'd just buy the 4 tomb guardians from willy and get skellys elsewhere if strapped for cash.

If you played TK in fantasy (god rest its soul) then converting is very much an option
>>
>>44288535
Dude, would you rather pay a very high price for something you LOVE or pay a moderately high price from something meh?

The real question is do you want skeliton postionals or horus/anubis postionals
>>
Real Sorry everyone for having to miss this weeks game. I know its significanly later and I'm in no way salty about it being called a loss for me.
>>
>>44289715
I'm Boss Deffloot by the way>>44286737
>>
So fluffwise, how do assasins and Zara get away with daggers in a match?
>>
>>44292139
They pay off the Refs beforehand, obviously.
>>
Tomorrow at 14:00 server time, be there for the bash-off between Animeted Clothing and 16 Shades of Green.
>>
>>44292139
Who would tell an expert assassin that they can't bring their dagger onto the pitch?
>>
>>44293715
Well I mean assassins are like tigers, they only attack when you aren't looking. So just keep looking at him and he won't touch you or just wear one of those face masks on the back of your head
>>
>>44289505
I hope that would apply,but this is really just a waste of money already since i will never play woth them and i just can't afford 70+ euros
>>44288637
This is pretty viable,but where would you get the skellies from?
>>
>>44295796
I'd honestly wait and save, especially if you are never going to play with them.
Then their job is too look badass on a shelf, so willy seems more favorable than a half ass item, which often costs just as often

If you are really strapped for cash, look for tomb kings bitz dealers for the skellis, or reaper.
Id make tomb guardians blitz-rahs and maybe an actual prince's head for the thro-rah
>>
>>44249587
Dark Elves because:

Witch. Elf. Ass.
>>
>>44292139
Assasin wear long robes and they conceal tiny daggers in those. Everyone sees them doing a block no one sees them useing their daggers to do it.
Zara has Stakes in her hand. Stakes are obviously not against the rules.
>>
>>44249587
Tough Decision between Wood Elves and Humans. I like the speed and fast play of Wood Elves combined with their "high risk, high reward" playstyle. But Humans are also pretty great, since they are quite flexible from a playstyle perspective which really suits me.
>>
>>44295838
I really am considering this.those classic teams lool great
>>
Is it wise to keep a skaven linemen if they get -ma? I feel like 6 is still alright for a lineman and I can always throw him on the LoS as he is a wrestle piece.
>>
>>44289715
>>44289741

No worries man, these things happen. If it had of affected the top 8 I would have probably give you a day more or something.
>>
>>44295796

My unassembled Oldhammer Khemri team consists of 4 Heroquest Mummies for Tomb Guardians and 12 of the first plastic skeletons. Getting some numbered shoulder pads from Impact to make them look less like WHFB models without weapons.

Going to get some cheap bits to mark out the Blitz-ras and Thro-ra.

Question: do people who play Undead pick Skellies or Zombies (both are 0-16 iirc)? Because I might make them generic enough that I can use 2 of the "Tomb Guardians" as Mummies and the Skeletons work for both teams. Got a couple of Mantic models I can use for Wights or Ghouls.
>>
>>44299012
You usually go zombies with Undead, maybe one or two skellies for fouling.
>>
>>
So, besides grid, skills above players and teleporting during setup, what did the new patch introduce?
>>
Rerolls Required v Pharaohs of Fun
The blood has begun here:
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=801506
>>
>>44292973
Tuesday, I'm stupid.
>>
This should be added to the
Op text
http://elyoukey2.phpnet.org/sac/
>>
>>44301999

Never tell me the odds.
>>
>>44301999
>http://elyoukey2.phpnet.org/sac/
the "odds" say that the chance of double skulls reroll double skulls are 1/1024
I don't think I threw 3072 blocks in a single match
>>
How do we make vampires so less tragic?
Maybe raise the AV of thralls so they can stay on the pitch?
>>
>>44302155
Give vamps +1 MA so they can be the super strong elves and be broken.
>>
>>44302155
>>44302194
Or cheapen their rerolls.
>>
>>44302155
That would ruin what balance they have. Vamps stats are crazy good and the fact that thralls go out so easy are the main reason why the teams isnt gutted. Also, ogre teams keep bonehead for a reason as well.
>>
>>44302232
Basically this. Vamps are already decent, cheapening the rerolls would cut out a lot of the bloat they have.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.