[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to make money easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: channel_catfish4.jpg (57 KB, 600x383) Image search: [Google]
channel_catfish4.jpg
57 KB, 600x383
So lord. I see you got some land and some peasants working it growing wheat. I've got a no bullshit way of getting more money out of that land, fairly easy too.
1: have your peasants dig a hole in the ground about ten meters to a side and a meter and a half deep, then have them line it with stones.
2: flood said hole in the ground with water
3: Drop a few of these fish i've got living in my tank into the artificial pond
4: Have your peasants throw grain with mashed up into the pond every once and a while
5: After two years or so these fish will have made a whole bunch of fish which have grown up which can be caught and sold for a huge profit, which you keep on doing so long as you throw a few back.

You'll be rolling in gold soon enough with this plan
>>
>>44246291
They do something like that in China; they keep fish in their rice paddies.

However, are you sure that the grain would actually be needed? Couldn't the ecosystem sustain itself based on planted water-plants?

The expression is "once in a while", by the way.
>>
>>44246291
They did this.
>>
>>44246389
>However, are you sure that the grain would actually be needed? Couldn't the ecosystem sustain itself based on planted water-plants?
For a certain number of fish, yes. Just as you could feed pigs by enclosing an area and letting them root about all day. But if you want to get a lot of fish per square meter feeding them slop (or grain) is the way to go.
>>
>>44246291
>You'll be rolling in gold soon enough with this plan
>After two years

Not soon enough.
>>
Alright.
>>
Fantasy fishing thread?
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (194 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
194 KB, 663x537
My lord, wouldn't this be an inefficient use of your demesne? Surely the cattle or two that can use that land would be worth more than a few wriggling fish.
>>
>>44248116
How many cattle could you raise on 900 square meters of land?
>>
>>44250320
>>
File: fiiiiiish.gif (967 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
fiiiiiish.gif
967 KB, 500x309
>>44246291
I think you're full of shit and you can't con me.
>>
>>44246291

Or they could just open a gate to the plane of earth, send in a bunch of peasants with pickaxes and make a fortune off of the jewelry. Keep a few artisans and wizards on hand to make some nice magical trinkets for the adventuring market as well.

It turns out that in a setting with reality-warpers it isn't actually that difficult to land a sweet moneymaking gig. Hell, thanks to infinite food and water you only even need to secure enough to pay off your home.
>>
File: 1422422316922.png (4 MB, 1200x1688) Image search: [Google]
1422422316922.png
4 MB, 1200x1688
>>44246291
Grain keeps better than fish. Grain is always needed. If trade dwindles, I will still have grain, and my people will have bread and not a pool of dead water populated with starving fish.
Keep your fancy plans, your harebrained schemes. You know not what you ask of me. I am lord of this land and I will ensure my people are fed and clothed, as is my divine duty as intrusted to me by my Emperor. Their lives are not mine to risk but they belong to the Heavens, would you have me gamble that which is not mine?
>>
>>44250320

Quite a few if you grow all their fucking food elsewhere and just keep them penned in there, like how you're planning to raise those fish.

While certain fish have a better return on feed calories in to meat calories out, chickens are generally going to be easier to deal with, since you don't have to worry about PH or algal blooms, or all those other stupid fish problems. Chickens are, for land animals, remarkably energy efficient.

Plus, you can get eggs from chickens, so you can get food from them without committing to slaughter.
>>
File: Supply and Demand.png (11 KB, 690x594) Image search: [Google]
Supply and Demand.png
11 KB, 690x594
>>44250612
do you even economics?
>>
File: Concern2.jpg (70 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Concern2.jpg
70 KB, 900x675
>>44246291
There is no cause for ye to give such counsel save to swindle me for your damned fish. Even were this rabbit-brained scheme true, though it full clearly is not, then wouldst a rapscallion like thee not have done it thyself and hold it secret? Why wouldst thou tell all to a stranger, when ye would stand to gain the greater profit digging your own hole?

Begone from my court and on pain of lashing shall ye nevermore darken my door, thou fish-mongling swindler. Twas a shameful hour wert thou born.
>>
>>44255151
Because I don't own a fief with farmland and serfs? I'm a fishmonger, the more fish for me to sell the better. You profit, I profit, the fish eaters in towns profit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.