[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hi :3 mind if I add my own oc race in? I was thinking of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10
File: stop-it.jpg (31 KB, 290x414) Image search: [Google]
stop-it.jpg
31 KB, 290x414
>Hi :3 mind if I add my own oc race in? I was thinking of creating a cat girl who is also an assassin because her parents died when she was young, making her a complete psychopath!! :D she is smart, fast and super sexy ;-pppp
>>
>>44231567
Fuck off OP
>>
>>44231599

no
>>
>Exalted

Cat people already exist as Beastmen or Wyld Mutants in the East and Southeast. Aside from their own communities the majority of Creation revile them as mutants and less than human. They look it too with a more feline than human appearance. She wouldn't be sexy, but if she has high Appearance she would have the majesty of a great wild-cat.

Backstory wise she can have her parents slain while she was very young, and she herself taken by slavers. Her new master raised her to kill.

You just need to figure out why she's a Solar Exalted.
>>
>shitposting
>>
>>44231567
Why would you even let someone like this in your RP in the first place?
>>
>>44231567
OK, be forewarned I won't stop the rest of the party if they turn on her and try to keep in mind Who may be watching if you go full stabhappy on NPCs, but I'll try to be a bit more lenient if you rack up a body count though you may want to get paladins a wide berth
>>
>>44231567
Worst I've encountered was a 16 year old pacifist lesbian halfelf paladin. Player didn't stay with the group for long.
>>
>>44231567
Did this player actually derpface after saying hi, and waggle their tongue after they were done explaining?
>>
File: original names.jpg (20 KB, 431x304) Image search: [Google]
original names.jpg
20 KB, 431x304
>>44232279

He wouldn't; this almost certainly never happened and OP is just telling lies on the internet like the faggot he is.

On that note, has anyone actually had any encounters with people who go for one of the "snowflake" races? You know, like actual catfolk races, dragonborn, Tieflings, etc? How'd it go?
>>
>>44231903
Why not just play a Lunar?
>>
>>44231567
What made this amusing to me was that I was imaging the old man stopping me in a LGS and saying everything OP said.
>>
>>44233193
yeah
plenty of times

the dudes I play with are pretty cool guys so it has, almost, always gone well.
My buddy is actually playing a dragonborn right now in a campaign I am running. In fact now that I think about it we have no humans in the party at all.

just because you might not like the races doesn't mean that they are instantly bad and that people who want to play them are terrible and shouldn't be allowed to play
they exist in the game for a reason.

note: I am saying you in a general sense not referring to you as in the person I am responding to
>>
>>44233193
I have a couple of people in my group who do. J* almost always plays a cat-person, or has a cat companion. I almost never play human unless it's a modern campaign. M* plays humans, but gives them snowflake-y backgrounds. Every once in while I* plays some of the wall crap.

It's not really a big deal. (Also, you consider Dragonborn and Tieflings snowflake? Last pathfinder characters were Gripli and Android)
>>
>>44233204
Lunars main thing is shapeshifting. Not all animal related Exalted have to be Lunars.

Also Ex3 only supports the play of Solars at the moment.
>>
>>44233310
Ex3 isn't really out yet, so I don't use it to determine what's playable, plus I'm sure anyone could convert with ease.

And I wasn't saying they had to be, but you took away sexy by making it a beastman, so I felt like Lunar was a better option.
>>
>>44233287

I only call them "snowflake" because that's their reputation on /tg/. I usually don't care much as long as as their existance is justified (except catfolk; I find most furry races to be monumentally creepy).

What does everyone think of Warforged, Androids, Replicants, and any other artificial person archetype as a character?
>>
>>44233193
I regularly have characters of nonstandard races in my campaigns, and I never had any issues.
I also don't play with autistic or mentally ill people, so that might me an explanation.
>>
>>44233413
>Warforged
Awesome

>Androids
*shrug*

>Replicants
Didn't know they were a thing

>Artificial in general
It really depends, if you have a group where discussing the existential ramifications of your existence is cool, then it can be fun. If not, then don't be that guy, and you can take it for whatever the stats are.
>>
>>44233413
Don''t have a massive amount of experience with them in my games, but when they are available they're either used well by RP heavy players or as misused minmax races.
>>
>>44233193
My group does that all the time. For purely mechanical munchkinry optimization reasons.
>>
>>44233552

I've never seen a game where Replicants were statted out, but I feel they or an expy of them could easily be homebrewed by a creative GM using a more freeform system like GURPS or Fate.

I do really want to play a game where I can be a robot. Haven't gotten to do that in a while and it just ended poorly.
>>
>>44233407
>Ex3 isn't really out yet

Backer PDF is, just needs to fix art>>44233407
and some layout issues, but all the systems and charms are there for Solar play.
>>
>>44231567
Setting doesn't have catfolk. You'll have to pick one of the existing races. What are you looking for that you're finding in catfolk? If it's the grace and poise, I'd recommend ohen. If it's being an animal person, I'd say kinnari or kobold.

You'll have to give me some more context on how your parents died. Natural death? Murder? An accident? How did you get from there to here?

When you say "psychopath," do you mean "enduring antisocial behavior," or what? Yeah, early enough parental death could result in the kind of neglect that might lead to psychopathy, but I'd need to know how you're going to be playing it. Group cohesion is really the most important part of any game.

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be an assassin at the start of the game--you're only at first level, after all. So, sure, a thug who isn't afraid of killing people. If you want to pursue assassination as a career in any major capacity, you'll also probably have to work your way up through the ranks of an organization. Remember, the thing about killing people for money is that, if someone starts horning in on your business, killing them is in your economic interests AND your normal business operations.

So, a high Intelligence, Dexterity, and Charisma build? That's going to take a lot of your stat points. I guess she'll be a bit ditzy or somewhat weak? You really shouldn't dump Con. You really, really shouldn't dump Con. Ask Lucas, he'll tell you. Don't do it.
>>
>>44233594
EP, Timezero (For that matter, any Savage Worlds setting where robots would make sense), Atomic Robo, or Gamma World are some options.
>>
File: Surai Armor Detail.jpg (176 KB, 957x975) Image search: [Google]
Surai Armor Detail.jpg
176 KB, 957x975
>>44233193
Speaking as a GM who's working with my players to create new snowflake races, we're pretty happy.
>>
>>44233727
Until it's on a shelf, it might as well be your homebrew.
>>
>>44233780
Nope. It won't be on a shelf, it's Print On Demand.
>>
>>44233193
I allow special snowflaking, but ONLY for a player's first character.
>>
>>44233778
Yeah, but I think the tricky bit is *why* they wanna make snowflake races. Is it because they want to do something original because the novelty creates new possibilities for how one plays?

Or is it because they're either angst-ridden "edgy" faggots and/or wretched furries who have no interest in a game that doesn't cater to their every whim?
>>
>>44233193
Are dragonborn really that snowflakey?
I mean if you're posting 4E they're right there in the PHB.
>>
>>44233802
digital shelf
>>
>>44233572
That's better than for rp reasons at least
>>
File: one of four gestapo approve.png (808 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
one of four gestapo approve.png
808 KB, 960x540
>Hey GM, I understand that you're still in the early stages of worldbuilding. Wanna have a look at my homebrew race of crustacean folk? I've got balanced stats for them and a few subspecies and I also have some notes on their culture.
>>
Sure, I'll just give her a racial minus to swim. Don't worry, you probably wont need it.
>>
>>44238593
>balanced stats
never happens
they're either OP or gimped to shit in the interest of not being overpowered.
>>
>>44231567
Perfectly good threads about productivity and interesting content die every day because of threads like this one.

People trying to be funny. People imposing their stupid fetishes on us. People shitposting and being faggots simply because they have nothing better to do. A board that should be about honest opinions and discussion of a time honored hobby is destroyed by you faggots, and for literally no reason.

Fuck you, OP. And fuck every last one of the pieces of shit that act the way you do.
>>
File: implied thumbs up.gif (11 KB, 538x428) Image search: [Google]
implied thumbs up.gif
11 KB, 538x428
>>44239829
>not playing a system that has a point system for homebrew races
>>
>>44239873
For a second there, I thought that was a blue bear with monster pincers!
>>
>>44233413
My last artificial character was in an application-based RP sim. He wound up being pivotal to the story just because I kept getting him involved. He ended up promoted to the second in command in his faction, then became de facto leader after the actual lead was nigh-mortally wounded in combat. The experience when I was lead plus the growing clique-yness of several groups of players led me to quit, however.
>>
File: ௵.jpg (2 KB, 124x87) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
2 KB, 124x87
>>44231567
>Hello DM, do you mind if I use a race of my own original convincing? I was thinking of creating a young man who is an assassin because during the war his parents were killed in an enemy raid, this left him an orphan in a noble sponsored orphanage. However because his nation was losing the war, the monarchy authorized several unethical experiments in creating perfect soldiers. Such experiments originally used prisoners and such, but eventually as the war neared a close it was found younger subjects were more likely to survive the experiments, so my character was one of the many orphans used. While he survived it permanently changed him into the man he is today. While he is everything that is desired in soldier, he is no longer quite able to grasp normal interaction with others. Whether this is from the abuse he suffered, or a deliberate result of the experiments no one knows.
>>
>>44232279

This type of character is annoyingly common in online roleplaying.

If it were me, I'd send them back and tell the player that they have to give more details in their back story.
Why were their parents killed?
How did they become an assassin?
What makes them a psychopath? What nueuroses come alongside this terrible affliction.
Smart, fast and sexy are up to the stats, you can't just decide those.

Then you typically get a barebones and mostly half added reply answering those questions without actually providing any meaningful details so you send it back and probe for more.

Typically by this point, they get the memo but some will follow you down the hole and you keep prodding for more until you get something worth while or they just give up.

If you're really lucky you might even find one that despite first appearances, is willing to actually make a character who isn't just an edgy Mary Sue but is actually able to create a character with reasonable flaws and goals when steered in the right direction. It isn't often, but it feels good when it happens.
>>
>>44234015
As someone who runs for a shameless furry. Like this guy has bought ears-headbands and tail-belts and then proceeded to wear them around town including to the supermarket. He actually doesn't just want to play furry races.

In fact I asked him about it once, as I am probably a too permisable GM and he said "It just seems to fit with just a human".
So I don't think that furries are the problem. The self-centered ass who happens to be a furry is,
>>
>>44240917
>Literally every Shadowrun sammy (who is not "muh Bunraku parlor")
>>
>Hey can I use a homebre-

No.

Next applicant?
>>
>>44232279

Desperation, fleeting hopes that you can forge them into a proper roleplayer.
>>
>>44231567
"Sure I guess. But we'll have to have a talk about what constitutes a psychopath and what you mean to roleplay when you talk about making your character a psychopath. Also, what kind of catgirl?"
>>
>>44233193
Had a friend playing a 13th age game with me. He played a gold Dragonborn Paladin who was the son of the great gold wyrm(literally the biggest oldest and most important Dragon in existence) and he was a general in his army before deciding to be a level one adventurer and somehow losing all of the power and influence of being a probably one of the most important military figures in the setting, no explanation whatsoever. I still will never understand why my dm allowed this.
>>
>>44231567
if you want to be a catgirl you can use the stats i already fucking have for them damit
>>
>>44233193
how the fuck are dragonborn snowflake.

fuck a dragonborn is something you become a first level character is not going to be a dragonborn and a higher level character will have worked hard to get to where they are in the name of bahumat.
>>
File: 1443393956210.jpg (182 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
1443393956210.jpg
182 KB, 800x999
>>44242648
You.
I like you.
unless by "catgirl" you mean "furry". THEY'RE JUST NOT THE SAME, DAMMIT.
>>
>>44238593
well sure i will have a look

i will make the final decision on what goes in but im willing to accept help.
>>
>>44240917
might work with a little adjustment i tend to have a lot of demiplanes in my campaign so it cant be hard to slot a new kingdom in.

bear in mind i am not exactly know for caring about characters backstorys though it will most likely never come up.
>>
>>44242237
this pretty much covers it
>>
I once let a player play a vow of piece character on the understanding that the party were free to kill him the moment he got annoying.
>>
>Now I know this is a rare item from a splat book, but I built a whole character around exploiting it to be OP as fuck. Can I buy it? You should start us with enough gold so I can start with it.
>>
>>44242667
>how the fuck are dragonborn snowflake.
They're not his Tolkien.
>>
>>44242772
honestly that i would allow but im not going to give any extra gold if they have built there character around a single item they will probably die saving up for it.

most of these annoying character concepts and whatnot can be fixed by just letting the world do its job they all die pretty quickly usually from annoyed party members or irate communitys.
>>
>>44233552
I've done a droid bounty hunter in EotE.

The only thing I had a problem with was one party member constantly being an A-hole IC about it.
Actually shot his character in the foot over it at one point.
>>
>>44233193
Reminder that futa tieflings are canon in 2e.
>>
>>44231567

I created a cat-people race that make guns aince my neckbeard friend likes cats. And guns.

And the cat-people look like cats that wallk like people.
>>
>>44242850
>Mittens, this is a sneaking mission
>>
>>44233193

I, as a DM, have probably spent more time detailing "snowflake" races instead of the Human/elf/dorf/etc maybe because having something else than the aforementioned might be good for a change.

If it wasn't for my players, the setting would be a blizzard.
>>
>>44233131
>16 year old pacifist lesbian halfelf paladin
doesn't sound too bad

at least it's not chaotic neutral le i do what i want meme
>>
>>44240917
a little corny, but that honestly doesn't sound too bad if he plays the character well

if he plays it as a pshhh then fuck him

if he plays it as a guy with ptsd and an unwillingness to fight then it's interesting imo
>>
>>44231903
Her mother had been on the borders with the wyld so long that she mutated to look like a cat person. Y/N?
>>
>>44233413
>What does everyone think of Warforged, Androids, Replicants, and any other artificial person archetype as a character?
Boring as shit and doomed to the same conflict each and every time ("What does it mean to be alive?")

Warforged are a cool idea but nearly every screencap /tg/ posts of them is embarrassing so I stay far away
>>
>>44243060
N, Something like that would end up a cat-person with the Hideous merit. I much more like a beastfolk race of cat-people out at the edge of the map kind of deal, torn from her world and raised to be an exotic killer, treated less than human and more a weapon, until of course she exalts, then maybe her chains would be broken.
>>
>>44243158
i wonder why this post was deleted
>>
>>44231903
Further proof that Exalted players are the worst kind of people.
Not that the recent quest and the average Exalted 'character art' didn't already do that.
>>
>>44243641
How does that prove Exalted players are the worst kind of people?

Those kinds of story elements are common in pulp fantasy.
>>
>>44243254
PF Androids are okay because they're not really all that overpowered compared to most of the others (Warforged, I;m looking at you). Their benefits are great, but some of their downsides suck balls...which is the way it fucking should be.
>>
>>44243648
Dude's reaction, pretty much? Legitimising stupidity like that with 'oh well this is close enough' is a disaster waiting to happen, but again, it's Exalted. Playing alien-god turbosluts and ADHD morons is the whole point of the game, or so the players would have you believe.
>>
>Hi, I was thinking of creating a cat girl who is also an assassin because her parents died when she was young, making her a complete psychopath. She is smart, fast and super sexy.

See how this starts to look like normal human behavior and a reasonable character when you take out the faggy emoticons, excessive punctuation, and overbearing words?
>>
>>44243687
Well one, the Exalted Quest is hardly Exalted, far more gonzo than actual Exalted. That's more a consequence of horny neckbeards on /tg/ than Exalted.

Two, I make it a challenge to take such stupid concepts and make something out of them. I've converted players into traditional gamers from freeform bullshit writers using such methods.
>>
>>44243716
Ha! Fair enough, I retract my complaint. Keep doing the gods' work. Or at least occupying the silly billies for the rest of us.
>>
>>44243641
The kind of person who gets bent out of shape over sexy fantasy characters is far worse. Please kill yourself, feminist trash.
>>
>>44243741
Hey, I don't mind sexy fantasy characters at all, I'm usually the kind of person playing devil's advocate for 80s style fantasy 'armour' because I honestly think it looks pretty badass if done well, and I'm a very body-positive person in general.

Doesn't mean I can't roll my eyes at people for using pictures that are 80% boobs, 20% actual person behind the boobs, or be annoyed by people stalling actual games with magical realm nonsense. Sexuality is EVERYWHERE anyway, I don't think it's that excessive to not want it creeping heavily into my games too. Like a lot of people, I play fantasy tabletop for some fun and escapism, and escaping sex and the excessive discussion/depiction of it would be nice, even if I'm hoping for a LOT there. Still find it odd to force it into something that's all rules and math and fightan' and about as asexual as a hobby can be at baseline.

That, and people who are overly focused on that aspect of roleplaying tend to be quite vocal in their degeneracy, which just makes the rest of the hobby look bad by association. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be conflated with the kind of people you get crossing from /d/ to /tg/.

tl;dr: Gorgeous things are gorgeous, still would be nice to have a haven from everyone rubbing their biological imperatives all over all forms of media.
>>
File: 183675937.jpg (687 KB, 865x1200) Image search: [Google]
183675937.jpg
687 KB, 865x1200
>>44240917
Isn't that basically just a Witcher?
>>
>>44233413
It's best if you don't know you're playing one until the DM reveals it
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.