[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a mint condition black templars battleforce be worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: bt battleforce.jpg (55 KB, 400x202) Image search: [Google]
bt battleforce.jpg
55 KB, 400x202
What would a mint condition black templars battleforce be worth today in USD?
>>
In wrapping?
>>
no out.
>>
>>44228493
It is not mint condition if it is out of wrapping
>>
ok. it is in semi-mint condition.
>>
>>44228338
There' s no real collector value in 40k stuff that's that recent. You might get a little bit for the special miniatures if there are any, but nobody is going to pay more than new price for a bunch of space marines.
>>
>>44228652
50% msrp
>>
dead army
>>
So 50% would be $45. That seems very little for a squad of marines, command squad bits and a rhino even if they're old.
>>
>>44229042
Dead army? They're in the current codex.
>>
>>44228338

If its "brand new" you might get away with 80% of todays shop value at best, and thats only if you got good shipping conditions. We usually sell second hand "new stuff" to friends for 60% full price in our neighborhood, its like an unwritten rule.
Some people imagine they will get full price for second hand products just because its still in the box. Well, so is the stuff from the store, and the shop also grants several "buyers rights" perks I might not get from a second hand purchase.
If its a fully painted army to a good standard and upwards, you might actually start getting more money than you initially put in to it. And if its a definite pro-job you can actually get real money for it, if you find a buyer that is.
If its a fully assembled, also to a good standard (no mouldlines, or horrible glue incidents), you might, just might, get away with a full price (or slightly above if you got some cool conversions that can tip the scale so to speak).
And as several anons has already mentioned, if you have any collectibles and any real OOP models, you might get a few bucks worth out of it, otherwise no one will pay more for the stuff.

Bottom line is, wargames tend not to have a huge fan-base. And a pretty low second hand value, and many collectors think the hobby is expensive enough as it is. One must also ask the question "why?" when buying online, what are the reasons for getting stuff online? I can only think of three reasons on the top of my head;
-To get stuff cheap
-To get it pro painted
-To get out of production miniatures
There simply are no other reasons why a potential buyer would get stuff second hand. So take a look at these three points, and ask yourself what category you fall under. If its not pro painted, and no out of production miniatures, you will have to sell you're miniatures cheap to find a buyer.
>>
>>44228338
Are those metal minis in the front row? Those might become valuable after a while, the plastic tactical squads are pretty much worthless from a collectors pov because you can get them everywhere for little money.
>>
I'm buying this BTW. No they are not metal. So 60% the MSRP of 74.95 plus shipping viia bartertown seems reasonable?
>>
>>44229073
People in this hobby are retarded. You can have a blue table painted level 7 job on an entire army and barely get msrp.
>>
>>44229114
I was referring to them losing their codex and stand alone army status.
Really hope they get the best treatment. They're a cool chapter.
>>
>>44229253
So you're saying I can buy it for 10 bucks?
>>
>>44229253
This is because BTP is actual shit and can't paint for fuck.
>>
>>44229543
That tend to be the problem with propainted armies. You either have to charge stellar amount (like, real art high), or cut corners to get a meaningful income. And the market tend to be flooded by amateurs that do it practically free, so it's a pretty bad career choice. Now, if you paint single models only at studio level quality...
>>
>>44229179
>might get away with 80% of today's shop value at best
so a 200% profit
>>
Honestly don't expect too much, apart from specific models most people don't give a shit about "oop warhammer 40k".

Also, apart from the tac squads, people can get everything else separately, and would much rather get something like the Battle Demi- Company and some BT upgrade kits separately from a 20% off store.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.